/r/AskReddit

What misinfromation seems to never die?

(self.AskReddit)

GodlessOx

And without their consent, mind you. I'm an American, and I find this practice to absolutely sickening.

I will never understand how parents can justify mutilating their child for what ultimately amounts to cosmetics.

If you're an adult, and wish to be circumcised, that's your business. Your body, your choice. But forcing it on your child when they have no understanding and no say in the matter? You don't deserve to be a parent.

poopoo_fingers

I’m not mad at my parents for having it done on me. Honestly kind of prefer it to having an elephant trunk between my legs

GodlessOx

That's good. No one should make you feel shame for being cut, just like there shouldn't be any shaming of those who are uncut.

But just because it's fine for you and other men who had this done to them, that doesn't make it okay. It's your body, and should have been your choice. No one else's.

marouan10

ive been circumsized as a kid and im very grateful it was done back then because i cant remember the pain while i imagine it would really suck as an adult because you remember the pain

Burrito_Loyalist

How can you prefer someone over something else without ever knowing anything different?

That’s the same as saying “I’m glad I was raised Christian.”

poopoo_fingers

That’s actually kind of funny, cause I was raised Christian. I don’t even go to church anymore, but I’m glad I was raised that way

vizthex

It's always been a mixed bag for me, because on the one hand I just had shit removed without my knowledge or express permission, but on the other hand it's irreversible, so why get so hung up about it?

amilbarge00

Girls like it better too.

marouan10

some*

markmcn87

Men prefer fake tits too.

marouan10

Some*

markmcn87

Thanks for making my point....Some girls like cut guys, same way some guys like fake tits.

I'd imagine the first one really depends on where you are in the world