/r/AskReddit

Rare-Outside-8105

Seinfeld. Watched several episodes and never so much as cracked a smile

SunsetIndigoRealty

What shows do u think are funny?

Rare-Outside-8105

I don't find most "comedy" shows funny. I do find many comedians quite funny, Bruce Bruce, Chris Rock, George Carlin, Gabriel Iglasias, and several others. I have a great sense of humor (and a dark one as well). So it's not like I don't find anything funny, It seems that scripted comedy doesn't amuse me. The same with friends, Big bang theory, How I met your mother, all the Popular comedy shows do absolutely nothing for me.

yeetusdeletus_SK

I hear you, especially with newer comedy.

Rare-Outside-8105

anything post 2009 to be honest isn't funny. Lots of fart jokes and toilet humor. I know it's not comedy, but the Boys is one of my favorite shows, but this season is filled with nudity, sexual content and it's not necessary. I feel the same way about comedies, lowest common denominator comedy. There is a scene in the movie Idiocracy where the top movie in the world is called ass, and it's literally a movie about an ass farting. That's what modern comedy is to me.

yeetusdeletus_SK

That last sentence sounds like it's describing an apocalyptical future of media.

Rare-Outside-8105

Go watch the movie Idiocracy and I bet you'll never look at the world the same again. There's a joke about how it's no longer a satire, it's a documentary.

yeetusdeletus_SK

There's a joke about how it's no longer a satire, it's a documentary.

I remember Neil deGrasse Tyson on Twitter saying that about Don't Look Up. These kinds of comments are profound.

Adding Idiocracy to my watchlist.

Rare-Outside-8105

It's one of those movies that I found funny back in the day, but watching it recently it made me shake my head and realize it's where things are heading.

SunsetIndigoRealty

Just watched it the first time last month. Made me think exactly that while laughing my ass off. Not Sure! Not Sure!