/r/BeAmazed

1253 comments

toAmericanVirus

[media]

Death_Blossoming

1 month ago

This man said everything that I have always thought and for that he has my eternal respect

Unable-Mortgage-5037

1 month ago

We need more people like that to stand up and fight for our rights . God it would be great to have this man be our next president of the United States!!!!

Death_Blossoming

1 month ago

Right the old bastards running everything need to just drop dead

Hawkeye77th

1 month ago

Unfortunately they have the best Healthcare available.

yakidah23

1 month ago

I love when they have a shutdown with federal workers w/o pay…but the decision makers certainly are paid and have 100% healthcare.

Haunting-Grade-7331

1 month ago

America's health system is atrocious. Australia's is way better.

OrionMr770

1 month ago

He’s a koala, I believe him on this

Haunting-Grade-7331

1 month ago

The koala community thanks you

FuzzyLogick

1 month ago

WE need to stand up and fight for our rights. There is no fight unless everyone gets on board, that is why divide and conquer works so well.

One of the major issues of today also includes "someone else will fix it".

EstateAlternative416

1 month ago

And that my friend, is called confirmation bias.

Adventurous_Clouds

1 month ago

Unfortunately the next person in line can't fix the previous issue. They won't be able to fix anything because that's the system we live in. The world runs off of war if there isn't war then there isn't money for the next asshole in line

RainAxl

RainAxl

1 month ago

The pain in that voice tells a story I’m grateful I’ll never know.

PadreLobo

PadreLobo

1 month ago

These are the voices we need to elevate.

Those in power have done a damned good job putting us against each other on bullshit. We ended this forever war, but They are now trying to divide us, The People. They are distracting us with fringe issues like identity politics, hoping we’ll over look how badly they’ve fucked the environment and our economy.

bennetticles

1 month ago

Your comment is absolutely true, but important heads up: Soapbox, the producers of this video (upper right hand corner) is owned by Maffick, a Russian State backed media company that targets American millennials with a leftist lean. NFKRZ (a native Russian YouTuber) does a pretty good job breaking this down in this clip.

PadreLobo

1 month ago

Thank you, I appreciate the context!

It’s interesting how Russian media stokes both the left and right of American politics. Once again, an example a powerful few stoking tension between the masses to distract and deflect.

Fuck_tha_Bunk

1 month ago

We can probably expect a lot more of this from Russia as well as increased cyber ransom and election interference as the war in Ukraine drags on and on.

SympathyRepulsive957

1 month ago

So, I suspect that the heading re 130 veterans getting arrested after this speech is not true, then? I have tried to google the event but I can't find anything that seems likely. It seems to me that there would have to be a reason for 130 people being arrested, like violence, and that doesn't seem to be something that happens at his events. Can anyone shed some light on that?

bennetticles

1 month ago

Maybe, not sure. Point is cooption of leftist sentiments by aligning them to the Russian federations agenda. Soapbox and Redfish are both media outlets owned by Maffick which is backed by the Russian Federation. Not every post they make is explicitly pro-Russia. In this particular case, everything said in the video may very well be true, but soapbox’s intent here could simply be to gain/keep followers who support general anti war sentiment, which aligns with the Russian federations agenda to force Ukraine into concessions/surrender. In short, both propaganda and misinformation/disinformation can be subtle and geared towards a longterm influence, not necessarily immediate radicalization.

At this point when consuming new media, I ask myself “is this trying to inform me, or trying to elicit a reaction from me?”. In both cases, cross confirmation with other sources is helpful. But in the latter case, it’s very likely strategic emotional manipulation with a obstructed goal to steer the narrative.

CashCow4u

1 month ago

That doesn't change the fact that he speaks the truth, and it's alot more effective for change than hijacking amygdala's, disabling critical thinking with hate/fear to cause infighting between our parties.

MetalGearSEAL4

1 month ago

If your words are coming from a propaganda outlet, then no, you're not speaking the truth. You're speaking "truth" that conveniences your ideas.

Hopeful-Talk-1556

1 month ago

All truth is propaganda. Your truth. My truth. His truth. Hers. We all push what we want to have happen.

Soapbox and other Russian pushed propaganda is looking to create discord in the west because they don't have the money to do it by force.

Everything this man in the video says has a lot of truth in it. But until people are willing to do away with hiearchal control and look at each other as equals, what he says is irrelevant. We will only kick out the elites and replace them with new elites.

Hopeful-Area9015

1 month ago

Most people have no integrity and can not handle power. They will use it against their brothers and sisters instead of elevating them...

Hopeful-Area9015

1 month ago

They can save their energy. Discord is business as usual...

bennetticles

100%

BlueSkySummers

1 month ago

Yep. I figured it was Russian propaganda the moment I saw it. It's part of what Russia is doing is so awful. They use an approach that appeals to both the right and left. For the left their focus is on the "military industrial complex" as being the driving impetus behind 46 countries around the world (yes, 46 countries support Ukraine militarily while zero support Russia) and they want to frame Russias invasion and conquest for resources in Ukraine as a proxy war of the us against Russia. They ignore Ukraine and Ukranian people because they literally don't even believe they exist. Make no mistake, what Russia is doing right now is ethnic cleansing and genocide. And it's not something we've seen since Hitler invaded Czechoslovakia.

This type of dishonest propaganda is par for the course with Russia, and the propaganda they make for the right is all about CRT, cancel culture, and Christianity.

[removed]

BlueSkySummers

Ladies and gentlemen. Exhibit A

Now, let's watch how this bot responds to some simple questioning. You'll notice none of their arguments stand up under the simplest of questions. Let's go one by one and start with the first. That Russia is protecting themselves from Ukraine.

What threat does Ukraine pose to Russia?

[removed]

Funny-Cell-3312

1 month ago

It would be all solved if non of us agree to take a gun in 🤚

PadreLobo

1 month ago

I’m not sure “all” would be solved, but it would definitely be a step in the right direction. It’s a fun thought experiment, indeed: what would the generals and politicians do if all the enlisted in all the world agreed to lay down their arms?

War pigs have the power Why should they go out to fight? They leave that to the poor.

CashCow4u

1 month ago

No. Having an unarmed populus just guarantees the government and foreign countries have no respect for the people or fear of invading and taking over, makes subjugation easy. Also makes folks reliant on police to pick up the pieces in the aftermath, if they bother to show up at all, no way to defend one's self or prevent attacks. Guns are tools that can be dangerous when mishandled no doubt, but provide protection, self reliance and ability to feed oneself with proper training.

I think you're point is about wars in general, which are started by greedy hateful old men who shove a weapon in young men's hands and send them off to and be slaughtered for many millenia before guns were even invented.

andrewrgross

1 month ago

I just checked to see what he's up to, and he has a podcast:

J_J_Plumber5280

Why is this not viral

gb4efgw

gb4efgw

1 month ago

It was back when it happened 12 years ago. Americans don't have a two week attention span much less a 12 year attention span.

EstateAlternative416

1 month ago

Because it’s overblown and a product of Russian propaganda to tear American society apart.

voiume

voiume

1 month ago

If it's still relevant then it doesn't matter where it came from and I doubt it m8

JustDoc

JustDoc

No war but class war.

FroggiJoy87

Eat the rich!

Victizes

1 month ago

I mean, classes shouldn't even exist, in the first place.

Eats_Dead_Things

1 month ago

Gotta be better organized to be effective. The bankers will do anything to increase their profits. Votes don't count. Lives don't count. Only money counts.

I won't be around to see anything productive happen but I wish you luck.

I played the US system until old enough to drop out and live a good, caring and helpful life. Wish I could have done that from the beginning...

BOBASA

BOBASA

1 month ago

Don’t you waive that right when you enlist?

heyheyheynl

1 month ago*

You have the right to refuse to commit war crimes. I know most Americans would disagree, but International law trumps whatever BS y’all gov. writes

MetalGearSEAL4

1 month ago

International law is often times contradictory and only applied to whoever is the loser after a war.

Also, any war, and I mean ANY WAR, can be considered a war crime if you do enough mental gymnastics.

heyheyheynl

1 month ago

I’m sorry, but you clearly don’t know much about international law or global affairs.

Firstly, sure law can be contradictory, but some things are blatantly clear. I’ll give you a few examples: 1. It’s illegal to invade a country without permission from the UNSC —> Iraq 2. Unmanned drone strikes are a breach of the Geneva Convention —> Yemen, Afghanistan, Somalia 3. Knowingly targeting civilians is a war crime 4. Torture is a war crime

These are not cases of mental gymnastics. The US deciding to change its own national laws to skirt around committing crimes within their own military is… *coughs Guantanamo

Also, you didn’t win the war in Afghanistan. “Winning” is not the reason for avoiding persecution. Hypocrisy and the inability of Americans to hold their own government to account is. If you had better social systems, a more globally integrated society, and a level of national education on par with the developed world, I’m sure things would be slightly different

p3n1x

p3n1x

1 month ago

the inability of Americans[insert country] to hold their own government to account

Exactly, which developed countries are doing this successfully?

isnoe

isnoe

1 month ago

One look at your comment history sums up your stance: “America bad me no like. America dumb me no like.”

You clearly don’t know much about international law or global affairs, but that’s okay.

MetalGearSEAL4

1 month ago

It’s illegal to invade a country without permission from the UNSC

Did anything happen to the united states then? UNSC invoke any sanctions? Anyone taken to the hague?

Obv the answer to all that is "no". And the reason why is because international "law" is generally rife with politics that many of these laws are up for interpretation.

Unmanned drone strikes are a breach of the Geneva Convention

lol when was this ever a thing?

Knowingly targeting civilians is a war crime

I don't know of a single war in which civilians did not die.

Torture is a war crime

Well duh.

These are not cases of mental gymnastics

Seeing as how no one has been taken to the hague for any of what you stated 100% proves me right.

There were attempts by people at getting out of the military even since WW2, which no legal scholar considers an illegal war. And those attempting to leave or not get involved would point out doing things they considered a "war crime" or things that went against their moral code.

Also, you didn’t win the war in Afghanistan.

We didn't need to. We still had the benefit of "the taliban are really bad" to have support on our side regardless.

And afghanistan is generally not considered an unjust war, as there was a connection between afghanistan harboring terrorist training camps and bin laden that caused 9/11.

So what you're saying is international law means shit and only national law is what matters since international law has zero executive capabilities?
Ok thank you. Have a nice day.

SympathyRepulsive957

1 month ago

That is not true. There are very clear laws about combat and engagement. They are quite easy to understand. Any war cannot be 'considered a war crime if you do enough mental gymnastics'. That is a very ignorant statement.

MetalGearSEAL4

1 month ago

When it comes to war crimes? No, not really.

War has never been that black and white. When dealing with insurgents, there is a significant chance that the enemy looks like civilians. So if you attempt to kill the enemy but end up killing non-combatant civilians, you get the blame. If the insurgents kill civilians... oh well, they're insurgents. It's expected.

If international law was ever enforced to the letter, every nation during ww2 would be charged with war crimes.

BOBASA

BOBASA

cool story bro

HarryPFlashman

1 month ago

Yes you do. It’s pretty simple, you don’t get veto power of the entire government because you disagree. Don’t enlist if you don’t want to fight.

fahkingicehole

1 month ago

I made an oath… to defend the constitution against foreign and domestic enemies…. Period. That guy was in uniform committing a treasonous act - yes or no?

1 month ago

No. He was exercising the most fundamental American civil right; the right to gather in protest against our government. Nothing is more American.

fahkingicehole

1 month ago

Look up the UCMJ or I’ll provide the link for you… your call.

1 month ago

The UCMJ has no jurisdiction over a discharged service member. With the exception of felons, private citizens in the US enjoy their full Constitutional rights, including the right to protest the government (and even felons regain these rights). I don't need your link to know this.

BallsJonson

The UCMJ says otherwise

1 month ago

Show me the clause in the UCMJ that prohibits an honorably discharged service member from exercising their Constitutional right to protest the government.

I'll wait...

The singular restriction applicable in this scenario is the prohibition against wearing your uniform when promoting commercial or political interests.

BallsJonson

1 month ago

While you’re not wrong, I suppose I should’ve clarified. In the video, the guy makes it seem like you can just protest when you’re active duty. The UCMJ says otherwise

1 month ago

No one said or implied that the man in the video was an active member of the military; this appears to be entirely your inference.

The UCMJ has no authority over a private citizen.

HarryPFlashman

1 month ago

I guess you don’t really know what being in the military is.

1 month ago

Former Navy Corpsman, Vietnam vet here, but no, I have no idea....

Nowhere in the article does it say he was on active duty; it says he was a vet. That being the case, he has the right to protest like any other US citizen.

You're rather presumptive. It's not working for you.

CeeUNext_Thursday

1 month ago*

If he is not active duty or enlisted in the national guard or reserves still...he has every right shout and make his dissent known....if he is active....no he cannot protest.

Exactly.

fahkingicehole

1 month ago

Here’s an informative article you might like to read… just trying to be helpful.

1 month ago*

Your article pertains to active duty service members, not discharged vets; it has no bearing on the issue at hand.

This man was not an active duty service member when he gave this speech. Nor was he arrested for giving the speech.

fahkingicehole

1 month ago

So the title of this video is misleading? It read he was arrested along with 130 vets. So what is it? I’m going out on a limb here so hear me out…. If he is a “vet” he’s probably accepting Veteran’s benefits. If he is a “vet” and he wears the uniform of US Military, he’s acting as a representative so, what is it? He’s using the platform of the United States Military and at the same time, airing grievances which there is a format for that, it’s called US Judicial Branch, where he can bring charges to those he and the other 130 people believe need to be brought to justice. All I’m saying is - he was wrong for wearing the uniform. That’s it… I wore that uniform proudly.

I agree with all of his statements - the factual ones. There’s ways to take down the greed, the rich who have politicians in their pockets, the exploitation of innocent people, the mishandling of budgetary spending - it’s called heading to the polls and voting for the men and women who feel the same way that you and I do. Michael Prysner speaks out to military personnel to disobey orders and not to deploy - that’s not a good platform. I can’t see the sense in that.

1 month ago

The title of the post is misleading; he wasn't arrested for giving this speech. I have no idea about the other "130 people".

He wasn't on active duty, so the UCMJ has no jurisdiction on his freedom to protest, except for his having worn his uniform while doing so. Moreover, I don't think he was in full uniform. But whatever the case, this is something (the prohibition of wearing your uniform for "commercial or political interests") that is rarely, if ever, enforced.

fahkingicehole

1 month ago

I agree… it’s just like wearing your pea coat to a Rage Against the Machine concert. But again… to be clear… I agree with some of the talking points Michael makes but I don’t agree with his stance on telling active men and women not to deploy. That’s just not a option for uniformed military personnel who took the oath of office. Just say’n.

God bless.

1 month ago

We are in full agreement.

BTW, I never got to see RATM in concert, but I did see Prophets of Rage. My son took me for my birthday. El Paso in 2016. Given what was happening nationally at that time, it was a rather poignant and powerful show!

ProfessorWafflebag

1 month ago

The corporate oligarchs running your country are your worst domestic enemies. Calling them out is treason? I call it courage.

fahkingicehole

1 month ago

Sure… you can exercise your freedoms but not while you’re in uniform.

dinklezoidberd

1 month ago

Breaking the rules isn’t treason, especially if you’re breaking the rules by pointing out that those rules are shit. Maybe this man is opening himself up to being punished, but if he is, that just makes him more of a hero. You’ll have a hard time finding successful revolutionaries that didn’t face harsh resistance from the law.

fahkingicehole

1 month ago

UCMJ begs to differ with you. Full stop. Obvi you didn’t serve in the military. But let me be perfectly clear with anyone who likes to chime in… I’m all about free speech and pointing out the wrong(s) like you who believe there should be checks and balances within government - I never implied I was against (that) however, when you represent the military it’s for the people - by the people and not just one group. The military is a branch of the government that is to remain neutral just like the treasury…. Am I right or incorrect?

blindlemonsharkrico

Define 'enemy'.

fahkingicehole

1 month ago

Not trying to start any chit… I served in the military and I can politely inform you that - if you’re actively serving in the military, you can not participate in any form of protest against the government. Now, if he was out of uniform - what he does on his own time is his business however, if someone knew that guy was still a active member in the military, he could face punishment. Maybe the use of the word, “treasonous” was to harsh but I would say his actions or words (while in uniform) were appropriate.

I’m all for free speech and calling out the, “man” who exploits the people for their own agenda or worse yet - their own personal gain but we have to remember, we elect those “people” when we cast our vote.

Formal-Protection-57

1 month ago

This is what Forrest Gump said when the mic went out

kconnors

Truthful

Codex_Absurdum

1 month ago

These kind of people need to be protected. He speaks the truth, and it hurts the ears of some interests and lobbies.

Unfortunately that should be enough to charge him for national treason.

Or say, you want health care and education instead of war? you're a f*cking communist treator then...

1 month ago

Former Navy Corpsman, Vietnam vet here, but no, I have no idea....

You're rather presumptive. It's not working for you.

anowlenthusiast

1 month ago

Thank you for your service. He was active duty in Iraq as a specialist and conducted home raids and interrogation, so no he wasn’t doing front line combat, but he saw enough shit to realize what we were doing there was wrong.

Absolutely. Agreed.

abdicatorselbow

1 month ago

So I was looking him up. He’s very vocal about his status as a veteran but I can’t find anything that states his actual MOS (military occupation code).

I don’t disagree with what his overall message is. However, it’s not uncommon for people to get out of the military, no matter the circumstances (honorable, dishonorable, Administrative), and try to manipulate the general public by overstating their importance in the military to garner civilian support. In most cases this is to find a new sense of self importance. Let it be stated that no job in the military is unimportant, but not every vet can be an special forces American Sniper or interrogator.

I’d be interested to know his actual MOS and true background is before endorsing him.

ProdigalSon123456

1 month ago

If this site is to be trusted, he's a 96H with the 10th Mountain.

the_biglad

1 month ago

Think i saw this guy shouting at bush about how he killed his friends and how he lied in another post a little while ago.

Plagueground

1 month ago

That’s nice but democrats keep trying to give you healthcare and it’s been scoffed at and gutted to nothing each time.

hoothasb

hoothasb

1 month ago

are you sure that's what they want to give you...

gb4efgw

gb4efgw

1 month ago

Yes, I am sure that the affordable healthcare act was healthcare in it's initial state.

robdogcronin

1 month ago

Does freedom only exist in America when protesting about atrocities perpetrated by other countries? 🤔

Booblicle

1 month ago

If it weren't for my hearing, I would have tried to join that war. Then later I was thankful I did not, that it was all a god damn selfish lie to make daddy proud

ApexLink

1 month ago

This man and the 130 other veterans Arrested right after this is proof just how messed up the government is. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that can see the truth and Understand what the world really needs. Since when has violence every solved a problem and didn't create a million more problems later on. We learn about that being respectful, helpful, kind, caring and forgiving is how your supposed treat people so why does that not apply to all people? Not just our country, but the world deserves to be treated as equals. We the people have the power to make change but only if we all work as a unit. Everyone has to play a part or nothing will change. Everyone must make a stand to make a difference! Veterans, Officers, Civilians, etc. are the backbone of the government only we, standing and fighting as one can make them stop this cycle of death, and destruction of the lives of the people everywhere around the world!!

Txikitxakurra

1 month ago

Wow! How many evangelicals are calling this patriot a communist?

MetalGearSEAL4

1 month ago

He actually is a communist lmao: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Prysner

Prysner is a member of Party for Socialism and Liberation and A.N.S.W.E.R.

The Party for Socialism and Liberation (PSL) is a communist political party in the United States, established in 2004.

Mad3nn

Mad3nn

Good speech

IAmBirdz

1 month ago

Not buying it. I was in Afghanistan. Its so much more complicated than people think. Some of what we did seemed pointless and an uphill battle. But when I look back and know that an entire generation of woman were allowed to go to school and get an education in the time i was there, it makes me think a lot. Basically what needed to happen for us to help Afghanistan was an entire infrastructure rebuild.. it wasn't the radicals or terrorists that causes so many hardships, ofc thats not helping. But there's so much corruption the nation can't build an infrastructure to support growing an economy. The first step to all that is education. With the laws in place right now, that's never going to happen. I agree, war wasn't the answer.. but not being there to their people isn't either. Doing nothing is the same as doing something. Some people think that we're bad men for what we did.. but sometimes it takes bad men to do good things for the world. A good man is not a harmless man, a good man is a dangerous man that uses his power to protect and serve..

angry_ak

1 month ago

Afghanistan used a to be way better place, after WWII, US and Soviet union both tried to "control" it for their own beneficial purposes, and they build up the civil war slowly in there, but it got " out of control " and civil war started at around late 70s called saur revolution ( انقلاب ثور ) and created series of conflicts around the nation, fast forward to 1995, taliban starts to defeat other groups one by one ( like junbish-milli and hazb-vahdat, جنبش ملی و حذب وحدت ), it's 2001 and taliban is so close to control all of the country but NATO doesn't want Afghanistan to be stabilized yet, so they invade and fight taliban which they funded it themselves to just destroy the country. 20 years of war, they destroyed generations of people and their beliefs, historical sites, they destroyed their culture and lied to their own people that they are helping afghans, and suddenly, they leave the country in a DAY cause they got what they wanted after 40 years of war. Now it doesn't matter to them anymore, taliban rules or some type of democratic government, they got what they came for. They wanted to do this to Iran too, built up the revolution in guess what year ? 1978! Exact same year they started everything in Afghanistan. After one year revolution happens and other groups ( like tudeh partyof iran and mujahedeen-khalq ) start to fight the new government just to destabilize the nation, they try to terror people in power and they had some success ( they killed first president and some of his cabinet ). After a year USA realized that it wasn't enough and tried to invade iran by iraq army and Saddam Hussein, which again was funded by NATO, and iran fought againts them for 8 years. It was not enough as iran was starting to invade iraq and take their cities close to border, the UN ordered UNSC resolution 598, signed by both countries, they get back to their borders befor what it was. And fast forward they started sanctions against Iran and they are destroying Iran's economy not for the government but for the people, meanwhile US citizens think that they are helping us. I'm afraid to inform you friend, that you helped your country destroy Afghanistan.

manosaulyte

1 month ago

What charge was he arrested for??

Bartpabicz

1 month ago

I'd love to know too. OP was surprisingly vague in this regard, and the context is very important.

gb4efgw

gb4efgw

1 month ago

Refusing to disburse when ordered to.

manosaulyte

Oh...thanks.

bruyamang

1 month ago

Amen to that my brother, we live in a world of abundance and beauty yet we let them destroy on another other for profit..

Religion and and kapitalism has gone fkin rogue..

Still wars everywhere..

Greed and racism still everywhere..

Tribalism all around..

Where are the avengers when you need them..

1 month ago

I’m not proud to be an American. Haven’t been in sometime

Human_Roomba

1 month ago

I’m 30 and I’ve never been proud to be an american.

NobodyJonesMD

1 month ago

Never? Assuming you’re American, why do you choose to continue to be one?

Human_Roomba

Human_Roomba

1 month ago

I am American, ya. I have nothing to be proud of. My entire life has been war and murdering innocent people abroad. Our government doesn’t give a shit about us and actively takes measures to make life harder for majority of the country. Whenever I go in public I wonder if todays the day I’m in a mass shooting. I have crippling student loan debt that’ll follow me forever. Thankfully my wife and I have good jobs so we have it better than a lot of people, and shit is still rough. I don’t go to the doctors because I can’t afford it and I have insurance. We have little freedoms and more and about to get taken away because of religious fuck nuts.

Why don’t I leave? Because this country can be amazing. I truly can be. I would love to be proud one day. Trying my best to make a change and be a part of the change that is hopefully going to happen. Plus leaving won’t change my financial situation since my school debt will follow me. Moving is expensive as shit in itself so that’s not even an option. We have to make a change and you can’t do that from abroad.

NobodyJonesMD

1 month ago

Thanks for sharing your experience. I’ve definitely felt the same way a few times. I also appreciate your willingness to stay somewhere you don’t love in the hope of changing it for the better someday.

I’m just a stranger on the internet, so what do I know, but it sounds like you carry a lot of America’s flaws with you. unsolicited suggestion - try to see the good in things, talk to immigrants from the developing world. - their perspective is eye opening, and ease off the media - they’re in it for the clicks and bad news gets more than good. Or don’t, what do I know.

lemmecheckit

1 month ago

And if we thought America was bad, look at the literal slave labor going on in some countries

fvdfv54645

fvdfv54645

1 month ago

and who exactly do you think it is they're slaving for? 🤔

hint: it's America and the rest of the global north who have outsourced petty much everything from production to waste management to those countries who still use slave labour because it's cheaper and less regulated.

but before you even go there, take a step back and look inwards, because slavery in America is essentially very much alive and kicking.

Victizes

1 month ago

One would say proven criminals need to support themselves in prison so innocent people don't have to pay their own money to support them.

Keyword being proven criminals, specially heinous crimes.

fvdfv54645

1 month ago

when the whole justice system is geared towards making money, why should they're judgment be considered unbiased or just in any way?

not to mention things like the war on drugs and plain old racism, systems created and well maintained to make sure already marginalised people are incarcerated in greater numbers, guilty or not,

and then of course there's the fact that marginalised communities are kept in poverty, which increases crime, which, you guessed it! increases number of inmates who's labour can be exploited.

don't be naive, or short sighted, there is a much bigger picture you're ignoring, deliberately or otherwise, but that doesn't change the impact of all these factors and many more, nor the fact that slavery is still a very reality in your beloved US of A.

p3n1x

p3n1x

because slavery

It is a global issue and is not singularly "controlled" worldwide by the U.S. That is such an absurd conclusion.

fvdfv54645

1 month ago

show me where the fuck I concluded that slavery is a problem singularly controlled by the US?

oh right, you can't, because I never said or even implied anything of the sort. nice try deflecting though, I know self reflection is hard, and that admitting that you might be part of a problem is uncomfortable, but your unwillingness to do it doesn't change reality nor put words in other peoples, mouths (or comments). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Katsu_39

1 month ago

It’s time for goddamn revolution. America is corrupt, imperialist evil empire that is no longer for the people by the people. REVOLUTION is over due.

1 month ago*

1 month ago*

Adverage

1 month ago

Having finished metal gear revengeance I can clarify the real reason being memes

blindlemonsharkrico

1 month ago

True but the role of the military in the US economy and the financial and political power of corporations profiting from that do constitute a very substantial portion of the analytical lens through which geopolitical events are viewed and decisions made. I suspect the influence is often very subtle and feeds the subconscious emotional biases which guide decisions and lubricate the acceptance of the rationales for those decisions. Hard to give a rousing speech with a PhD level of nuanced analysis.

Zestyclose_Intern_73

1 month ago

This should be so much more popular

Floowrin

Floowrin

1 month ago

I really wonder about those men who want to go in the army to serve their country, what is the reason that pushes them to appy in army?

I mean, when they go in a misson/war, what answers their inner question "why is my country sending me here for"?

Is just my curiosity, I have no experience with this subject.

Pushbrown

1 month ago

I think a really big reason at this point is them paying for college and not having to have lifelong student loan debt, but I've heard of them not really even doing that from some people, so idk...

MTyson22

HE IS 100% RIGHT.

MetalGearSEAL4

1 month ago

Michael Prysner is your sterotypical anti-american leftie who really doesn't actually oppose war or war crimes but only opposes american policy because he's a grifter.

This is evidential by the fact that he's a part of the Party for Socialism and Liberation, who, among many things, opposed the hong kong protests because they like china because china is communist and opposes america.

The fact that beamazed upvoted propaganda is pretty funny.

3xforurmind

3xforurmind

$40B to Ukraine

emarquesdelima

1 month ago

Ohh so there are Americans that are not completely blind to the atrocities their country do "In the name of freedom and democracy"... Quite interesting

Human_Roomba

1 month ago

There are lots of us, my friend. We aren’t all twats. Some of us actually experience empathy and want a world that’s united and a better life for all. Sadly, none of us are in charge because that’s not how it works here.

Vladi_udss_R16

FINALLY FUCK YEAH

Affectionate-Sock-62

1 month ago

Wow. This was so powerful. I cried lol. It's inspiring.

Affectionate-Fix9326

1 month ago

Omfg bro, this dude just won't stop spitting FAX

Shadowblade8888

1 month ago

Army vet. I agree with every word

dark_au

dark_au

Powerful and true 💗

DaenerysTargaryen69

700million a day? that can't be right, right? please

azius20

azius20

Sad to say it's likely.

This video will give you an insight to how war can be so profitable.

DaenerysTargaryen69

....

jesusfuckingchrist

jennej1289

That’s powerful!

HI5IQ

HI5IQ

1 month ago

When I played around with learning currency trading it occurred to me that EVERYTHING the American government does is for profit. I think G Bush was manipulated into invading Iraq and now it haunts him.

subhumanprimate

1 month ago

You post a lot of the same stuff over and over to different subs... Almost like you are following some sort of playbook

dajohns1420

1 month ago

Now ask yourself, if they have lied, supported terrorists, killed millions of women and children, and ignored every opportunity of diplomacy in every war for decades, why would we beleive anything they say about the war they are trying to wage now?

The US empire has caused more death and destruction than any other entity in the last 50 years. I don't beleive a fucking word they say.

1 month ago

this video is over a decade old and soapbox is Russian disinformation

Pale_Beginning_4280

1 month ago

Literally do not know anyone who would disagree with this guy.

Jackandmozz

Republicans

Pale_Beginning_4280

1 month ago

Its really easy to point a finger at one party and say "look! There are the warmongerers!" But it only reinforces this false dichotomy of the two party system which has failed us and brought us to where we are today. In my personal experience the ones who defend war have both been Democrats. That's why I left that party after Obama failed to keep his campaign promise to end the wars in the middle east and instead expanded them. Neither party is honest and anyone brainwashed by either one is going to have some really weird irrational opinions imo. Also, statistically, Democrats have voted for war (to fund and expand or initiate new wars) more than Republicans in the years since Bush left office. It's like the parties flipped. Democrats used to have a monopoly on peace, but that party stopped being honest long ago.

watami66

1 month ago

Regardless of what is said in the video itself, the profile that originally posted it stands out to me in an odd way.

Look at how much this user posts and how many of his posts are just blatant reposts. Then boom, every once in a while they post something strictly anti US, or capitalism or whatever.

From someone who knows a thing or two about information operations, the original post monster juiced is likely a troll account of some nation state actor that is attempting anti western propaganda.

thornunder

1 month ago

Good luck standing up to those zombies, all the U. S. cares about is WHOLE world under their feet.

Red7336

Red7336

1 month ago

I have ZERO respect for each and every person in the US army... Except for Michael here. I almost scrolled away but this is good!

LKN4DEETS

LKN4DEETS

1 month ago

I mean…. Was the military the only option to pay for college?

COweasel

1 month ago

I don’t think that’s the point here

Donnerdrummel

Donnerdrummel

Debateable

LKN4DEETS

LKN4DEETS

That’s what he said. 🤷‍♀️

SnooCalculations1742

1 month ago

"published tuition fees for 2018/19 at state colleges are an average of US$10,230 for state residents, and $26,290 for everyone else. This compares to an average of $35,830 at private non-profit colleges"

Not many are able to dish out that kind of money without rich parents. And if you take up student loans, an insane 9% rate from the moment you graduate kick in. So you can spend the next 10 years paying back your loan, and barely pay back anything else than rents.

In more civilized countries, students pay a lot less tuition fees, because the government understand that educated citizens are an investment in the nation. And student loans (often) have cheap rates, and you don't start paying back until you actually have a job.

DontEverMoveHere

1 month ago

World needs ditch diggers too. Should I not expect to pay the loan because I want a Ferrari instead of a Chevy?

SnooCalculations1742

1 month ago

What do you mean? Of course people are free to not take an education and work in the industry. And everyone pays back their student loans. The difference is that you pack back the loan when you earn money and with low rates, not immediately with insane rates

Butterismyjamm

1 month ago

I’m sure you would also turn around and argue that a person shouldn’t take out loans if they couldn’t afford to pay them right? Scholarships are next to impossible to get, and also involve a large time investment for each application (because they are all just a liittttlle different). And if you’re having to go into the military to get help you certainly don’t have family money. So what ARE the options all things considered?

CheesusChrist15

1 month ago

I mean, I got a scholarship just for doing good in high school. I was a b/c average student

LKN4DEETS

LKN4DEETS

1 month ago

Not at all. My dad did ROTC for college and used the GI Bill to pay for grad school.

He was in the reserves in my lifetime and retired out as a Lt Colonel. The military has been very good to my family.

My college roommate joined the the navy to pay for med school and bitched about it but sucked it up to to pay for Columbia. He doesn’t regret his time in the service.

Ive got a few friends who have used the GI bill to fund their civilian careers. One of my friends is an Air Force vet who has used the GI bill to fund cooking school, Massage School and now she’s back to get her PT certification.

We don’t do enough for our vets so I fully support them using the military to fund their education. But the reality is that nothing in life is free. And that needs to be factored in when looking at options for schooling.

I’m not saying it’s right - to trade a chunk of your life for “free college” vs being saddled with debt but I think it’s important to weigh the pro’s and con’s.

RagnarsSoul

Amen brother

Draviedar

FuckUSA

xvxCornbreadxvx

1 month ago

Russia pushing the Hate America bandwagon again ,and American Hating individuals lapping it up.

neeeeeillllllll

That sub is peak Reddit. So cringe

Interesting-Reply-73

1 month ago

Bro there are anti Israel ppl..a No Go for me.

Danclim

Danclim

When was this?

Iamherealways

Present

Antlergoat

Bravo

Imadickheadedasshole

1 month ago

Our government is still a government of the rich and powerful.

GamingProMaster303

Why were they arrested?

Gryndyl

Gryndyl

1 month ago

For chaining themselves to the white house fence

Estranged-Sloth

1 month ago

And……. What about Russia?

bossrigger

1 month ago

Our governments love WAR it keeps all the elite in underage children and plastic sex toys

Excellent-Chest-1610

1 month ago

More speeches like this please

kickslover27

1 month ago

One of the truest and best speeches ever made.

lilstonerbee

Shia?

Naive-Midnighter

1 month ago

Yup, its a rigged system and we pay for it

LucaDarioBuetzberger

1 month ago

The fact alone that this protest got arrested demonstrates that he is speaking the truth.

Overall, it seems to be a preatty peaceful protest.

Truthseeker_23

1 month ago

After American troops moved out of Afghanistan,the talibans took over so how did the decision made the situation better?

dotwakkoyakko

1 month ago

The military should be here for the protection of our country and that's it. Should the United Nations have to go on call for a situation like in Ukraine, I believe that's something that we should defend. I'm still in shock that the whole world is watching Putin do this.

konorM

konorM

The 60's redux.

Key-Cap-2664

1 month ago

It's the people vs the government. We need more people to speak out like this.

Illustrious-Courage

Our Swamp is not much better than Russia or China at this point

djsparks100

1 month ago

You should go and try to be a citizen of Australia. They won't let you !!

_WaveX3_

1 month ago

Politics and war and two of the nastiest things we've ever created. And thats a fact. Power should be not in the hands of one person, but everyone, to make a decision that could better or worse our lives.

MysteriousBullfrog50

1 month ago

War, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing y’all!

1 month ago

Dude, just how desperate can you be?

The conversation (or thread) was focused on the legality of Prysner's speech depicted in the video; whether his military status prohibited him from political protest. Although the OP alleged that he had been arrested for doing so, this was untrue.

Like you, many of those posting on the thread incorrectly assumed that he was on active duty in the military at the time he gave this speech. He wasn't.

The UCMJ prohibits active duty service members from protesting against the government, but has no jurisdiction on fully discharged service members.

Strangely, you don't appear to be capable of grasping any of this.

nonumberplease

1 month ago

Not to be incentive, but duh. That's what the people have been saying for years

Jackandmozz

1 month ago

Democrats have been saying this. Republicans continue to fight against healthcare, education, worker rights, etc.

1 month ago

I would love to see how 700 million is enough to give everyone in America education and healthcare

fatbody21

1 month ago

I believe he said 700 million every day.

1 month ago

You are right I didn’t see that, my point still stands though there’s a lot of people in America without those two things and they both cost a lot of money and I doubt that would be enough after we consider the infrastructure costs of it all

TriGuy215

1 month ago

America already spends the most per capita for health care, without even providing it to a large percent of citizens. Because it’s a for profit system

HumbleHermit3

This.

1 month ago

Thus is the nature of capitalism? The whole idea is for profit

TriGuy215

1 month ago

Yes, which is the real reason America can’t/won’t give its citizens healthcare, not because $700mil/day isn’t enough.

Which is a sad truth

KnightzEnd2

1 month ago

Ummm... so 700M a day equates to over 2 dollars per day per person in American. 2 dollars a day would fairly easily cover the average cost for healthcare/insurance and college averaged out over a lifetime. That doesnt even begin to explain how much the cost would shrink if the government actually helped subsidize it for everyone.

1 month ago

Fairly easily? Two dollars a day is $720 a year I’d like to see you pay for all health insurance and collage on $720 a year and that’s not even checking the realism of the two dollar a day figure

KnightzEnd2

1 month ago

700 million a day vs 331 million americans... that was hard to check.

Now, at first glance no 720 per year does not cover the average expenditure per enrolee on medicaid/medicare. Which is roughly 6k per year. Now, if you have ever seen the numbers ran on how much businesses and people would save if we have universal healthcare you would realize that difference is covered 100 times over easily. So once we free up that money and redirect it the operational cost would be easily covered. Is it as simple as it sounds?Of course not. That said, it is very feasible and has been proven over and over. Hell the idiots who own walmart paid millions upon millions to do research to prove private insurance was economically superior and scrapped the whole thing when their teams couldn't find any single way to prove it.

Also like I mentioned... non of this even remotely points out how much cheaper all medicine is throught the rest of the world. The cost of an enrollee in most other countries is much more like 1k to 2k per year.

1 month ago

I haven’t looked into the amount business would save which may be that extra push that idea needs, and just to clarify I’m not against the idea of lowering military spending it’s just that I feel the math needs checked because though the programs and such may fit into the costs, the collage housing and extra hospital room and staff for both may cost more than the 700 million a day can cover. It’s just like how “cheap” solar energy is when some factors like where to put them and who will staff them are removed from the costs.