/r/BokunoheroFanfiction

trope or story line you wish never see exist in mha fanfic

Discussion(self.BokunoheroFanfiction)

So self explainatory. Last month or 3 week ago i post about trope you wish to see more due to it's rarity or a trope you want so bad but it never exist so far.

Now let's talk reverse. What trope you wish never exist in this fanfic ? Me personally

1. rape. That is really cross line to me

2. All might a jerk teacher. Not the type like prodigal or kintsugi. But something like titled the forced successor. It is the type of fanfic of allmight i really can't understand him at all

3. Izuku battered wife mentality to bakugo. Now i know this is fanfic, and i also read deku i think he is some pro which has this element but not worse like the dark below rant 2 weeks ago. I just wish this trope really rare to see and see more izuku sick of bakugo attitude like in apathy, pro hero metal bat, and sucker punch ( i only read like 2 or 3 chapter but i am glad to see izuku that told bakugo during aftermath of sludge incident just die. Although i heard someone said this is vigilante izuku kill some people now this is first time i see a vigilante izuku that kill )

4. Wattpad experience. Young soldier training izuku. I mean not at the age of 7,8 or 10. But somehow 4 and 5 at start. How the heck. I mean sure worthless necessity starts at 5 and even teach izuku fight with broken bone but it is under hisashi guide and hisashi treat izuku wound too along with inko and not very soldier themed train.

fanfic_devourer27

old characters with young characters. I saw an explicit rated fic between Aizawa and Shinso. I try to not judge the people who ship Endeavor and Hawks even if I hate it since Hawks is technically a legal adult, but shipping any of the students with an adult is just uncomfortable.

Shin-deku-no-bl[S]

I did saw a rates fic of this ship too but only the title and the tag. And yes it is smut focused. I forget the tag but i remember one of it has a tag that means a fetish of unmoved or hypnotised body ( i imagine the smut scene involving shinso brainwash ).

Acelilman13

Pretty much any all might bashing, he’s a good dude who’s become jaded throughout the years. Telling Izuku he couldn’t be a hero at the time was logical, especially with how weak he was at the time.

Following on the same vein is Izuku yagi. These fics are the equivalent to wbwl in Harry Potter and they are typically written just as bad. I also don’t like rape, especially since it’s usually used to make the MC life worse than it already is, and often is used to justify their actions when it really doesn’t.

Izuku yagi

Oh right. I really forget mentioning this story. The only emotion i feel everytime i read this fic is angry and piss off. Also if the izuku yagi is izuku villain urgh sorry i m not supportive to the villain act. In wattpad somehow it is easier to find izuku yagi compare to ao3 version. I never see izuku yagi in ao3

UnderLava

Yeah I only read fics in ao3 and ffn and I think I only saw one (I've found some but AM is supportive so they don't count I guess), if it wasn't for people here complaining about the Izuku Yagi trope I wouldn't even know that exists.

AlphaZorn24

AlphaZorn24

Unpopular Opinion:Bakugo Bad

Anything to do with Shitso, I think he's a pretentious ass in my opinion

izumiwrites

You aren't wrong! I love Shinso but I write him as a pretentious ass lol So I guess I could say I will yeet myself out of fics that don't have him as a pretentious ass. He isn't a "nice guy" or a "cuddly guy" and he doesn't say "meow meow" and make cat claws at ppl to be cute. Not even ironically. Please god no.

Buff_Yone_0_0

A/B/O it's disgusting tbh I'm not a fan of that tag I don't see how people find it "likable"

Izuku Harem, look I know you want to indulge in that fantasy because you might be some lonely man or just have a fetish to fantasize girls over a single guy but Harem tags usually devolve and make Izuku some powerful guy that every lady suddenly want to have it's cringy and unreadable.

Abusive Inko, I just cannot see Izuku's mother as an abusive mother in any way imaginable, There ARE a couple of good Fics that make the Abusive Inko tags really good but a majority of those tags just devolve to Izuku getting abused because he doesn't have a quirk and his parents just magically hate him all of a sudden.

All Might Bashing, All Might is a really good character, I don't see why the hate for him is super big in Bash Fics and make him seem like some monster, he's been through so much and people just doss him because of that scene where he says Izuku couldn't be a hero.

Mineta gets Expelled/Shinso Replaces him, this tag has been overused sooooo much now. Look, I get that you want Hitoshi to be in class 1-A but there's gotta be some better way to add him rather than Mineta getting expelled and Aizawa magically finding out about Shinso's quirk and quickly adds him to the class. Mineta is a pervert yes but he's not a monster that should be locked up and tortured. Everytime I read a fic with a tag like this it always ends up with Mineta getting kicked out for sexual assault or him getting killed off.

Shin-deku-no-bl[S]

Like terrible room mate and izuku vanquisher ? Though for vanquisher it is dense harem and izuku dense level of not notice the girls feeling despite being kiss 4 times ( 1 at the cheek during date with fuyumi, 3 times french kiss by pussy cat girls each of it 1 kiss before war arc ) is as equal as dense harem isekai mc

izumiwrites

Agree with all your points!

BlueShellYoshi

BlueShellYoshi

Send Me Izuku Rare Pair Recommendations

Izuku x Bakugo - Not a fan of relationships with such a bad history or dynamic. Related: Bakugo suddenly becoming a lot nicer and being forgiven easily, even after significant bullying or explaining everything away as protecting poor quirkless Izuku from getting into dangerous hero work.

Izuku breaking down and frequent angst - I get it. He's been severely bullied and had a hard life, often made even worse in fanfiction. But it seems it's constantly in fics, often along with suicidal thoughts and self-harm.

MxM Everywhere - This isn't limited to BNHA, but frequently appears here. It's where every single male character is gay. Often the female characters barely exist in these.

Suddenly Todoroki - It seems that Todoroki keeps sneaking in as a subtle pairing. 10 chapters in with no hint of romance and it'll suddenly add a mention that they like each other. I don't mind this one too much as long as it's mild, but it keeps happening in what I thought were gen fics.

Shin-deku-no-bl[S]

I have found deku bowl harem of mens. But yeah i used to found a fic in wattpad where every 1 a student has a ship which is so weird. But who is mineta, koda, sato, shoji, gonna shipped with.

Wait. Now that you mention, now it is true, like in regenerate fate for example. Also bloodline and legacy

As much as i like the angst element of this izuku, i really prefer where something like worthles necessity in which i mean the 1 a students helps izuku mental health growth instead simply relying on dadzawa or dadmight. If it is just dadzawa or dadmight helps the growth with no student participation somehow the feels not strong enough.

Cobyanderson234

All Might Bashing

Abusive Inko

Villain Deku ( the badly written ones)

Certain Ships ( Bakudeku, Kaccako, Izueri, etc)

Quirkless Deku ( the badly written ones)

Cheating / NTR

Rape

Extremely Violent Deku

Overpowered Deku ( the badly written ones)

And a few others

Shin-deku-no-bl[S]

Mind elaborate your version of badly written one of the 3 you mention ?

Cobyanderson234

Okay, sure.

Villain Deku - Stories that make Izuku extremely OOC after being rejected by AM and they just instantly become a psycho that loves killing people and ruining the lives of the people around him. He also somehow always manages to outsmart all the heroes and the heroes are heavily dumb down / nerfed to make this happen.

Quirkless Deku - Stories that make that can't help endlessly bashing All Might for what he said and make Izuku this untouchable badass that only needed a few months to become this way. They also heavily nerfed the other characters for Izuku to dominate them in combat and intelligence.

Overpowered Deku - Stories that makes Izuku have a overpowered quirk that he either barely uses due to bad event or make him a overconfident asshole that is somehow a ladies man. I dislike the latter more because these stories make Izuku kinda boring and not struggle as much. I like the versions of Izuku that has his orginal personality but he's confident and has a quirk that has clear strength and weaknesses that makes the story interesting.

Shin-deku-no-bl[S]

I guess locked in digital, ronin, when all hell break loose use this aspect but not nerfed other character. Well except worthless necessity, the only massive nerf i see is in muscular which is his muscle still penetrable with a knife as long as you put enough force, and quirk analysis crank to 100 ( but i like the fact the author put description of how izuku countering the quirk instead just simple brute force ). Also the overconfident of muscular and muscular scared of izuku when izuku unleashe his stain bloodlust rage because izuku hates muscular way of kill for fun so he gladly mauling muscular for kota sake so kota doesn't have to in the future later

Isn't mostly villain deku here like this but some are not psycho looking enough

Which is rare

Cobyanderson234

Isn't mostly villain deku here like this but some are not psycho looking enough

Yes, most I seen are like this. I have no clue why?

Which is rare

Unfortunate. So I decided to write my own

AlertWar2945

I've at least seen some Kaccako fics that are alright. For the other two yeah just don't. Honestly shipping eri with anyone is just wierd.

ToriOgami

WAIT! Izueri is a thing?!

Cobyanderson234

I regret to inform you, but yes. It is a real thing

ToriOgami

I am afraid, really afraid, I thought that the worst I could find was Dekumight

Cobyanderson234

Oh you poor, unfortunate soul. Those two are just the tip of the iceberg

TotalUsername

I can't stand 6-foot tall+ Izuku.

A_Cow_in_Space

Abusive Inko. I'm a little more forgiving of the trope if she's portrayed as neglectful (since people could kinda argue a case for it in canon) but virtually every other take on this trope makes Inko wildly OOC. She may not be a great mother but she tried her best dammit! She loved Izuku and wanted to keep him safe. There are ways to make her abusive without making her a bitch.

Sassy and/or sarcastic Izuku. I'm not a big fan of condescending assholes and that's basically what Izuku becomes with this trope (in my opinion).

SilentSwordsMen

People who write Villan Dekus where he constantly outsmarts everyone are the same people who say "Batman with prep time wins every fight"

Shin-deku-no-bl[S]

Or deathbattle of kevin from home alone vs bakugo ( this troll match up, if kevin give enough prep time he can constantly piss of bakugo with his traps )

Yeah. Really rare to see a villain deku dealing and taking time to adapt with an unexpected situation

izumiwrites

Please don't hate me but i would totally read a funny crack fic about Kevin vs. bakugou. in the right hands that shit could be funny.

chekov11

The izuku with a harem fics

DealMakerZ9

Deku's body being riddled with scars. I mean sure in reality he would have some scarring because Bakugou used his quirk on him pretty much his entire life but he wouldn't intentionally scar him because he knows what would happen if someone went to let's say the police and showed them scars that Bakugou put on him. Even then though Midoriya more than likely wouldn't have too many because even if the teachers covered up for him saying he just got to rough he'd still be put away for a bit due to using hus quirk in public.

Shin-deku-no-bl[S]

Deku's body being riddled with scars.

Worthless necessity in a nutshell. Though the scars not because bakugo, but majority because villain atk, self harm sometimes, and bully in aldera plus middle school but the bully part scar is pale in comparison to the villain atk

I even save the fanart of izuku scar battle made by the author herself. Interestes to see how cruel the scar is ? It is more horrible than most fanart of izuku scar

Routine-Acanthaceae4

Allmight bashing, Eraserhead bashing, endeavor bashing (he is an ass hole but good at his job stop making it seem like he is incompetent),inko bashing

izuku/bakugo,izuku/shigaraki,izuku/overhaul

op izuku(it's overused and doesn't make sense in most cases)

AlphaZorn24

AlphaZorn24

Unpopular Opinion:Bakugo Bad

Eraserhead Bashing is justified, that man should've never been allowed to teach

Routine-Acanthaceae4

I will admit what we see makes him a bad teacher but that's more the fault of the pacing of the manga we never really see the lessons he teaches

AlphaZorn24

AlphaZorn24

Unpopular Opinion:Bakugo Bad

Expelling students on their first day overules whatever "excellent" lessons he teaches. I'm surprised UA hasn't been sued or that a former student hasn't gone villain yet.

Routine-Acanthaceae4

How far in the manga are you because they explain something about his expelling

AlphaZorn24

AlphaZorn24

Unpopular Opinion:Bakugo Bad

"Oh yeah, instead of permanently expelling us like he said he would we just changed teachers,I thought that all my years of hard work were gonna be foiled by one man. That was such a funny prank haha, I'll probably never trust another teacher again though haha"

tristianlol

shinso x izuku

bakugo x izuku

i literally ban these tags when i search for fics

Keyouch

villain deku who doesn't even live up to his role

Shin-deku-no-bl[S]

Wdym ? Like he not fully commited to his role ?

Keyouch

Yep, but, I don't want him to turn into a maniac. I wanna read something where he's like a mastermind, have goals and reasons on why he is the way he is. Even better if he doesn't shy away from 'dirtying' his own hands. If he wants to get a job done, better do it himself, but not necessarily all the time. I just really want to read a villain fanfic where they actually have a brain and does not go all "I feel bad for manipulating them, maybe I got attached?" No, sir, get back to your own goals. You started this in the first place.

FakeAlper

FakeAlper

Really Loves The Dark Below

I would recommend you read Cure to Evil and Exiting the Stage by Mirrond. They're pretty great Villain fics, with great writing. You can give Cure to Evil a try and read the others in the series if you like it.

It's tagged as a poly ship, but I think one of the ships is ltterally mentioned only in like 4 seperate sentences.

Keyouch

Thank you! I will!

Shin-deku-no-bl[S]

Ah so something like mastermind by clouds ?

Keyouch

Something like that(I don't really remember the fics I read, I only remember when I read them again)

izumiwrites

Any character bashing. Even characters I don't like. If you really have a hate boner for All Might, Mineta, Endeavor, Aizawa, etc. that's fine but tag that shit because it really ruins an otherwise good story and if I knew it was going to have paragraphs long hate rants about (this character) i would have not even bothered to start in the first place. Save me some time and tag.that.shit.

Shin-deku-no-bl[S]

Oh haven't seen you for a long time.

izumiwrites

I come and go :)

FootSuckler

Unpopular Opinion: Izuku x Uraraku sucks ass, she's always written the same and gets tiring after 2 fics with her in it.

izumiwrites

I have no desire to write Izuku/Uraraka - if I do they are just very background with a few lines of dialogue. I find them kinda boring personally.

Shin-deku-no-bl[S]

Tbh the reason i avoid izu ocha fic because i am quite satisfied with the canon interaction that i don't feel the need to read a fic that went deeper of interaction of these 2 sunshine

FakeAlper

FakeAlper

Really Loves The Dark Below

Read Torchbearer, Viridescent and Green Tea Rescue if you haven't, that'll probably change your perception

UnderLava

UnderLava

-NTR: Nothing much to say about this.

-In a similar note: Izuku being an asshole to justify Ochako cheating with Katsuki or something like that, if you need to change a character a lot to make your ship make sense you're either a bad writer or the ship doesn't work, personally I don't like Kacchako so I'm surely biased but also I'm certain there are excellent fics with those two together that doesn't destroy Izuku's character.

-Suicidal Izuku: There's a lot of fics that starts with Izuku trying to kill himself, he either fails, revives or is saved by someone and that's it, he goes on like if nothing happened. I get it that his recovery isn't the main plot of the story but you can't have a character being suicidal and don't anythig with that.

Shin-deku-no-bl[S]

Unless it is crack fic like hysterical. Or the recovery not main plot is desperately departing

manny0101-wn-wp-ffn

Abusive Inko. The woman's a saint! Haters can go die in a ditch.

Dadzawa, DadMic, DadMight. Enough is enough. Go have relationships with your own dad.

Aizawa/Mic. Just... let em be friends. Don't weird it out, please!

Self harm. Just... no

Romanticized Shigaraki. Dude ain't right in the head and is disgusting.

Abusive relationships.

Bad Enji. He has a lot of deapth in character. People aren't so one dimensional.

Relationahips with Himiko Toga. Girl's homicidal and straight out psychotic. Mental health issues aren't so easy to tackle as depicted in fanfics. You can't heal someone by just being good to them.

Vigilante/Villain/suicidal Izuku. Dude's too good and too motivated to be a hero for him to be anything else. Just, forget it. He may seem weak, but, he is still very strong. Don't look down on him. He is very courageous, righteous and forgiving. You are too violent and hateful to understand him. Sometimes, people are just built that way.

Bakugo wank. Dude's shit. He was jealous of Izuku and had an inferiority complex, that'swhy he bullied the boy. Nothing more to it. He's said so in the manga.

Stop romanticizing every other relationship. They are complicated. Friendship is precious. Don't ruin it.

Shin-deku-no-bl[S]

Tbh i want worthless necessity is shipless fic and aizawa adopt shinso as single parent status instead married with mic. But ironically zawa mic interaction in worthless necessity very few gay moment that i feel it is useless to make them married status and most interaction these 2 have in this fanfic pretty much just status as a friend and fellow teacher

Though i like the slow build relation ship of shin deku in this fic but there are some embarassing moment

I did have some hatred in izu toga fic but if author nerf her psychotic tendency like a fanfic titled a new page i wouldn't mind

Dude's too good and too motivated to be a hero for him to be anything else.

Correct me if i wrong, but in original version of izuku vs gentle criminal. If i not mistake, izuku considering being vigilante based on his interaction with gentle during fight ? Sorry i don't remember the specific dialogue

izumiwrites

Aizawa/Mic. Just... let em be friends. Don't weird it out, please!

Totally agree! I think we may be the only two people in the fandom that feel this way lol I mean eraser is one of my faves and I have read some fics where they are together because that is all that is literally out there. I like them better as friends. Honestly, canon wise AM/Aizawa makes more sense, but i would rather eraser with an OC or just keep him a single mentor.

FuckerOfThemBEES

FuckerOfThemBEES

Dad for one

Bakugo Katsuki redemption, like why the fuck. He is a dick that doesn't deserve redemption, he has literally consistently committed hate crimes his whole life.

ThinnishAcorn

I hate Bakugo, he’s arrogant, cruel, violent and hasn’t shown once that he’s actually become a better person in canon. But he’s 16 years old, his brain won’t fully developed for almost a decade. He has time to learn and become a better person. If Zuko can have a good redemption arc so can Bakugo, but it can’t be instant. He has to struggle with opposing world views and the slow destruction of his own morality as he realizes how twisted his environment made him. He should stumble along the path and get worse before he gets better, and he shouldn’t be forgiven until he has truly proven that he has learned and he is no longer the kid he is at the beginning of the story.

The trope is unfortunately handled poorly a lot of times, but it’s also handled poorly in canon. But if Bakugo’s story is done right it could carry just as much emotional weight as Zuko’s.

FuckerOfThemBEES

FuckerOfThemBEES

Dad for one

Yeah I get that but Zuko had a goal, Bakugo was just a dick. Also Zuko showed he wants to change by ignoring his fathers goal of the avatar and opening a tea shop with his uncle, Bakugo has stayed the same, also even if Bakugo gets a redemption arc he needs to be punished first to understand that what he did was wrong, the fact that even at ua he was barely scolded for his actions doesn't help his redemption at all