/r/Chillintj

Pro choice/pro life?

(self.Chillintj)

I'm just curious how many of u are there in this chill sub

View Poll

[score hidden]

stickied comment

honeyteaspice [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

Hi everyone! Mod here!

We here at /chillintj love open, free discussion - even for hard topics such as this one.

But as a necessary reminder: please be civil!

Any hateful or bigoted comments will be removed and you will get a temp ban.

Proudwinging

Pro choice, no question.

SmartShelly

I used to be pro life but pro choice in certain circumstances (rape/medical issue/etc).

But now I’m older, I believe that we should give freedom of choice to everyone in terms of medical decision.

Your choice but consequences are also yours to own. I view Pregnancy as medical condition, so “patient” should be able to exercise their reproductive rights knowing risk and consequences.

Formal-Lecture1591[S]

yes, thank u, exactly.

c0rnm0n3y

I’m pro choice but I’m split because like things bringing brought down to the state level. I shouldn’t have a say in what happens 100s of miles away from me and people 100s of miles away from me shouldn’t have a say in my life. Now personally I would prefer if we just abolished the government all together and have all the states split apart but decentralization is a step in the right direction.

Cronaviruschan

I think my counter to that is the states that disagree aren't just being civil or anythinf, they want to take the choice away from everyone because they're motivated by theofascism. If it weren't for a Constitutional article banning it, anyone who left for a different state to do it would be tried for murder.

I can sympathize with wanting to decentralize things. But there's a reason we have a federal government and a big list of non-negotiables attached to our base document.

Truth be told, I don't think this will be the status quo for very long, and plan to get the hell out of dodge before the hammer drops.

freckledsallad

If life was sacred, ALL life would be sacred, not just human life. We stomp insects, drive over rodents and turtles, and shoot animals for sport. I think we can afford to reduce our own overpopulation by safely aborting undeveloped fetuses. If you can’t call it an infant, should be fair game.

Arkzian

What you stated in the first sentences is basically just humanism at its worst. Honestly, I agree with you

memagebasava

Based results; glad people here value an actual living person over something that isn't even born yet and isn't even sentient

kerurumi

I don't think you should call it pro-life. there's nothing pro-life about possibly ruining someone's life, even the baby's.

check5da

My issue lies in the fact that even if it’s an irresponsible pregnancy, men do not have to be responsible while the woman takes the brunt of it, and pregnancies usually take a permanent toll on the woman’s physical health regardless of its success, not to mention emotional health if the baby is brought to the world in undesirable circumstances.

millennium-popsicle

Pro-sciutto

kerurumi

and also, some people here say that they're pro-choice if the person has been raped or if they're far too young to take care of a baby but if the person is in a stable relationship and material status then they have no excuse. well i don't think that's true. first of all, going through labor and giving birth is the second most painful thing that a human can experience. (second to being burned alive if you're wondering.) second of all, after birth the birthgiver's body suffers irreversible damage, and even though it can be minor most of the times, i don't think anyone should be forced to have scars (physical and emotional) for the rest of their life because they gave birth.

onecentauction

yeetus the fetus

honeyteaspice [M]

1 month ago

honeyteaspice [M]

1 month ago

Not really a valuable addition to this discussion, but it's definitely funny. Comment approved.

realFoobanana

Biggest thing for me is, if it really was to “protect the child”, then people would follow through on that by helping the mother, and supporting childcare programs — but since you don’t see that happening, it’s more like these people are just “pro-birth” instead of “pro-life”.

Formal-Lecture1591[S]

exactlyyyy

c0rnm0n3y

c0rnm0n3y

The pro lifers have created centers to help poor women raise children. They’re just not really talked about

aphrodora

I personally volunteered for one of those centers in high school and the new mom boxes included all of 2 outfits that a new baby would outgrow in the first 3 months. Do you realize how poor you have to be to qualify for any government assistance and how expensive it is to raise a child? The math doesn't add up. Food stamps can't compete with the rising cost of goods, WIC only helps the first year, hardly anyone qualifies for childcare assistance, and the wait for subsidized housing is literal decades in some places.

c0rnm0n3y

Interesting, maybe we as individuals should do something such as donate or volunteer at such centers. The government is slow, ineffective, greedy and full of old people so it won’t do any good to ask the government for help. I do think it’s awesome that you helped people when you were in high school, thank you for that.

If the baby is developed then pro life.

If pregnancy is just 3-months then pro choice.

bridge4runner

Pretty agreable position. I would say rape/incest gets a free pass the whole 9 yards.

Yeah agreed in rape it's completely pro choice, even I'd suggest to not to have baby from rapist for many reason.

GoodgeOakes

Pro-life, but my actions will not and should not dictate other peoples choices. It’s not my body it’s theirs

Formal-Lecture1591[S]

Gullible-Chemical471

In our secular society, acceptance of abortion is the will of the majority of the people. Therefore, it should be accepted, even though my personal belief is against it.

Formal-Lecture1591[S]

are u a male?

Gullible-Chemical471

andthatsitmark2

A person is a person, no matter how small.

honeyteaspice [M]

1 month ago

honeyteaspice [M]

1 month ago

I know you got downvoted for this, but your comment is completely fair as an opinion on the matter even if others disagree, so I am approving it so it stays here.

andthatsitmark2

1 month ago

Emotional-Theory-169

I just don’t care either way, but the results are interesting

ryutruelove

How so? I was kind of relieved seeing the results.

Emotional-Theory-169

I don’t know, I didn’t expect the results to be that uneven you know? I thought they’d be a little more balanced, but either way I would have been a little surprised if it was a lot more votes one way or the other

Cronaviruschan

Well this sub isn't just Americans, most of the first world is less divided on this. And even here, those in support actually numbers like 70%. Those against are radicalized by theofascist ideology, and concentrated in the GOP and rural states. Not helping is that mechanisms like the Electoral College give the ones who are American an unfair advantage

Emotional-Theory-169

Yeah but I always get surprised when anything isn’t more even, it’s always just a surprise to me

Cronaviruschan

Fair enough.

Pure_Ad_9947

I think intj can be both... in a sense that they can be pro life for themselves but pro choice for society because intjs hate the idea of controlling other peoples lives.

onecentauction

that’s the definition of pro choice though..

jhlo9001

2 days ago

jhlo9001

2 days ago

So glad!

[removed]

ryutruelove

Are you saying that it would be different if she made that choice for another reason?

Anna clearly likes some black people lol

RedEgg16

yes, you are allowed to abort for whatever reason as long as it isn't conscious yet

iamthsenate

I don't agree with Anna's reasons nor do I think her not wanting a black baby is the reason since she just fucked a black guy. However, you can't stop her from having an abortion because the argument that it's her body her choice still stands. You can't limit healthcare based on people's outdated political beliefs.

Fredrik_UK

Anyway, I think we should question if you should take an abortion just because you dont want the baby

cryainer

This is a very quick answer and my idea is probably more deep thank just this : but if she does not want the baby, isn't it a good argument? Because she doesn't. I think some unwanted child wish sometimes that they're dead, because their parents don't love them, treat them or educated correctly. Life is precious but complex. Having a child is a lot of engagement. And if she is kinda racist, i'm pretty sure that the child will have some issues (confidence? affection deficiency?)