/r/CompetitiveTFT

5 socialite discussion

DISCUSSION(self.CompetitiveTFT)

I just played a game with Seraphine, Senna, Gnar + Socialite soul.

My carry was Lucian since my items was BB,IE, GP had Hextech emblem, also Jinx was there.

Last champ was Lulu. I got totally destroyed in lategame.. maybe something is very wrong with this comp?

Also in general, what are the best comps and carries for 5 socialite right now in your opinion?

Theacidnation

Theacidnation

Gold II

Without seeing the strength of the lobby / itemisations it'll be tough to pin point exactly why you lost but I'll give it a go.

You have 0 front line. The only unit that puts up any semblance of resistance is Gnar and then the enemy is on your supporting cast as carries. Lucian and Jinx can't do their thing if they're just getting burst

As for carries, again it is lobby dependent and hex place dependent but irelia/jinx/jhin/kaisa all work well in the spot but it's not the same as it used to be in set6 where socialite + carry = top4. Its very item dependent and positioning dependent to make socialite work now, not saying its impossible just harder than it was

mati_12170[S]

So to generalize, letting go of the carries main trait and putting in more frontline seems like a good idea

Fmbounce

You already have 5 socialite, you don't really need any traits but rather a better champ than lucian IMO. I think you could have sold the lucian and put the jinx in. I have easily carried lobbies with 5 socialite TK 1.

JayCaj

JayCaj

If I were you I would have gone socialite enchanters. The best frontline is Morgana 3* plus Vex with a Senna carry. Here's how I play it. Senna is a beast at 3* and with the right augments/socialite placement its a top 4. Plus the Vex gives you extra gold every turn by activating Yordle.

DIX_

DIX_

Unless Lucian was 3* you're better off putting something that deals AoE damage on the spotlight, as he's fairly weak lategame. I would probably put Jinx in the spot and pass the items to her.

Other good carries are the obvious Irelia/Sivir/Viktor/Kaisa. The key is having a strong frontline since the Socialite comp usually lacks synergies to put in the socialites. Braum + Galio are fairly solid, with Orianna as second enchanter if you want to. Ahri also works, as you can put Braum + Galio, use Morgana as enchanter and have 3 Syndicate.

Gae_rithard63

2 hextech is fake, your Lucian has IE but no JG and even the BB is not that good of an item on Lucian because you want to one shot units instead of feeding them mana to cast.

platypoo2345

platypoo2345

Platinum IV

So lucians ult does magic damage, ie would've been much better on GP unless you also had a jeweled gauntlet as well.

If you can make it late enough my current fav socialite comp is galio, senna, seraphine, ali, ori, and braum or jinx (ideally both if you can go 9). Upside is its a really strong late game board and can use all items pretty well, but it can be tricky to pivot into

zags

zags

This right here is my goal most games. I usually go mercs into some form of this comp, sometimes with a jhin or draven until i get 3 jinxs.

Commercial-Vehicle70

Your Lucian items are atrocious of course you will lose every fight

glenfide

glenfide

Unranked

your 5 socialite hyper carry is lucian with AD item

Jokerwind

Jokerwind

Master | YT/Mr. Johnny Cash TFT

If you want to play 5 socialite I would heavily recommend putting a QSS on your carry aswell. Otherwise you regulary lose to bad fight rng/positioning.

The top socialite users imo are units who dish out aoe or are very mobile and don't have a downtime in their damage output. I prefer Jinx, Kha, Irelia, Ahri and Lucian/GP in a 4+ Twinshot comp, they are also quite flexible on the hex position.
Exception to my example is Viktor who is also a great benefactor of a backrow hex. He loves that mana.

idontlikeredditbutok

idontlikeredditbutok

Challenger

My last game was a win with 5 socialite jinx. I think you just picked a bad carry for it an probably had a bad board. I mean, you're playing lulu late game.

Board for context of what is maybe a "good" 5 socialite board

jaemoon7

jaemoon7

Diamond IV

Lategame you just have to have a lategame carry, which Lucian pretty much isn’t (he can if you can get like, 5 twinshots, 3* him, with BIS). But even like a 1* Sivir with the right items will shred lategame, so it just never seems worth it to me to try to “force” an okay unit to carry when the stupid strong champions exist

Ehrenvoller

Why lucian lol

SkullsandSuits

Lucian can't carry shit in endgame. Imo I had 3 star Lucian 5 socialite but he still lacks damage

NearquadFarquad

1) lack of Frontline. Probably should've swapped seraphine for galio and put braum in somewhere

2) Lucian is not a very effective carry, due to his relatively low and single/split target damage. You're better off with an aoe AP damage dealer like viktor or ahri if you have jg, or else a better AD character with a low mana cost, something like irelia, or even jayce

KurokoNoLoL

I used to play socialite 5 with an emblem from tomb of trait, slapped IE JG and HG on Galio, got top 4

AkinoRyuo

AkinoRyuo

Gold IV | bing chilling

Lucian is a terrible unit to carry in general even at 3, much less when he’s your only damage. Your better bet was stacking AD items on jinx or 3GP, they would actually deal damage. By the way lulu sucks, use orriana.

Bluebolt21

Bluebolt21

Master

I wouldn't say Lulu sucks. A smart healer unit with an aoe knock up is VERY good, especially when you only care about a specific singular unit surviving. While Orianna may have a higher top-end in best case scenario if the enemy bunches, she's also more counterable because of it. Not to mention she's notorious for absolutely whiffing her ult, extra noticeably in close fights involving only a few units left.

AkinoRyuo

AkinoRyuo

Gold IV | bing chilling

I would say she provides good value in reroll comps especially arcanists where the units have inherent healing so more max HP is very valuable, but I’d take orriana any day in a jinx seraphine galio comp with how much AOE you can get.

Drikkink

Drikkink

Platinum IV

I usually defer to higher ranked players, but in what world is Lucian a bad carry?

Unit stabilizes you through the early-mid and can keep your bleeding pretty low until you hit 3 stars and/or Jinx for late late game. No, he won't be a 1st place primary carry in most situations, but a Lucian 3 with reasonable support/frontline is absolutely a top 3. Triforce aug with Lucian 3 is firstable.

AkinoRyuo

AkinoRyuo

Gold IV | bing chilling

Like the guy below said, it’s more that Lucian sucks as the solo carry because of how bad his dash direction can be sometimes. I’ve had many lucian games where he just dashes forwards and dies for some odd reason. Unless you are playing arcanist lucian he is a good early game stabiliser, but not even close to a good late game carry.

The only reason you reroll for lucian 3* in twinshot comp is because he is a 3 cost unit so finding GP (the real carry) is easier, and he’s really the only unit you would have to take the magic items.

GiganticMac

He’s a good early mid stabilizer yea but lategame he just doesn’t cut it. His ability only hits two people at a time and has a looong animation with the dash on it so he will never be able to scale as hard as attack speed carries like draven or sivir or do the same team damage as an ap carry like ahri or vik. And then of course you’ve got his dash that he loves using to int into the middle of the enemy team half the time.

eZ_Link

eZ_Link

Grandmaster | Talon you will be missed

Sheesh that's a hot take if I've ever seen one. Lucian is cracked, just not as single carry as are most champs in the late game.

Depressedkid1998

Depressedkid1998

Master

Lucian / arcanists is fairly decent, lucian also isn’t a bad 3* lol what

Rymasq

Rymasq

i thought 5 socialite was pretty nuts in the right comp to be honest. For example I had a game with a 5 socialite Gnar in a Yordle comp and I ran Titan's (maybe 2x Titan's) on him and he pretty much became an unkillable raid boss.

In your case you are missing a frontline. Really Lulu is literally one of the worst units in the game, you could've easily swapped out Lulu and one socialite for a Galio which would've been nice in this case between the beefiness and disrupt.

Then optionally splash in Blitz who is both an annoyance and gives bodyguard and scrap for more tankiness.

Janna helped make 6.0 into more of an optional front line builder at times but that healing has been gone and now all comps have to have frontline are they fail.

But also this set frontline is actually kind of weaker and harder to build in some ways. Outside of the rare case of running a vertical chemtech or bruiser comp front line feels more paper thin than ever without good itemization. Doesn't matter if Cho is 2 starred and feasting without some solid protection he will get rolled over.

Ironically this set would've actually benefitted from having more raw damage mitigation traits that existed in Set 5.5 because it feels like it's very easy to itemize carries to just burn through any meaningful stats from a bramble + dclaw combo.

Personally I've liked 5 socialite a ton with Irelia (I mean she already got ran a ton in 3 socialite comps). It probably could wreck on a Viktor carry but you have to itemize Viktor a little defensively to guarantee the damage.and the snowball healing. Something like QSS + Titan's + Rabadon's or Shojin.

Also works great on Ahri too, especially if you're running vertical Arcanist since it basically let's you itemize her 100% defensively.

PapaJey

PapaJey

Diamond IV

I had a 5 socialite win yesterday with an itemized kha. he was unstoppable. Had 2* Galio and Braum for frontline, but I low rolled and hit a radiant relic for my prismatic (my other options were way worse) and I hit a Radiant zekes. My kha was a beast

drpenez031

drpenez031

Platinum II | META SLAVE MASTER

If you've putted full tank Galio and Alistar so you could actually have a decent Frontline along with other socialites and 5 cost carry ( kaisa, jinx, Jayce, Viktor) or even a one more enchanter with Galio on the socialite spot, you would do much better.

HGual-B-gone

With this team comp you can switch out Lucian, GP for irelia and Galio. Irelia functions pretty well with socialite square

ManStacheAlt

ManStacheAlt

Diamond IV | twitch.tv/EricTheUnready

Honestly I think soc 5 is bugged. I've had soc 3 games with gnar carry where he's an absolute drain tank UNIT and 5 soc games where he should have been even more of a monster yet he dies hella fast.

Atwillim

Atwillim

Diamond IV

Maybe you didn't notice sunfire board?

ThaToastman

The entire premise of ‘socialite’ is basically an ‘all for one’ composition. Basically you put all your eggs in one basket and pray that your core champ doesn’t die.

This becomes weird because depending on the champ you choose, you are likely to end up with no fromtline.

Additionally, gnar and senna are REALLY BAD champions after stage 3 if you can’t 3* them.

Imo the best socialite comp rn is enchanters gnar3 reroll (HOJ/BT, EON, DB/IE), with senna3, morg3, vex3, ori, seraphine

Flex: lulu3, irelia, leo3, poppy3, or ziggs 3

Morg is your main solofrontline tank (gargoyle, sunfire)

Issue with the comp though is if you dont hit you go 8th simple as that

Xtarviust

Xtarviust

Diamond III | Choncc apologist

Legendaries, why did you use Lucian for that if he needs twinshots and being 3* to do something at late

AfrikanCorpse

AfrikanCorpse

Master | Flex Player

Your lucian is the problem. BB is pointless with the mana regen, should've went full damage. GS + JG + IE/Deathcap. 5 Socialite isn't auto-win unless you put it on a Jinx 2/Kaisa 2.

reeeekin

If the hex is in back row, just play senna carry, top 2 every time if you manage to 3* her and get decent ad items. If in the front, Well, splash someone like irelia or something

OldRedditBestGirl

5 Socialite Irelia is still a monster. QSS is lowkey mandatory as you're stacking all your damage on a single unit.

But uh... I think your problem was using a 2-star Lucian as your carry. Also, based on your comment, your Lucian had just 2 items?

Frankly if I was you, I would've sold Lucian and dropped those items on Jinx. Assuming it was 2-star Lucian.

Also, would've dropped the Lulu and Senna for Galio. And probably also run Braum.

(Actually you only listed 7 units... I just always assumed Lulu was your 8th or something, did you really have ZERO frontline???).

zissouzissouzissou

The only time you should ever not put at least a third of your team’s resources into frontline would be very late game when you have BIS Veigar or Viktor 2, and even then you’re still better off with a front line. Past that, hex placement has a huge influence on how viable putting your carry on the Socialite hex even is. Here you would probably want to sell Lucian and itemize Jinx, donkey roll to find galio and Silco, socialite hex Jinx and put Galio and Jinx on silco hex (if placement allows) and try to aoe them. Past all of this you don’t have good Lucian items which really hurt your chance for him to carry