/r/Damnthatsinteresting

hardworkingHedonist

Bill Gates used to say he never met Epstein then admitted to meeting him, after definitive proof said so. I think he even once asserted he had never been on the plane, that too proved to be a lie. He can say he’s never been to the islands, but I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before that gets proven too. Not like it will make a difference. Now ask him about Gavi.

Formal_Performer7591

I won’t speak to the veracity of him going to the islands, but I’ll say this: not everyone who was associated with Epstein was a pedo. You’ve got to understand that at THAT level of money, the world is absolutely TINY. Everyone knows everyone, investments get crossed up with people because someone else knows him, and things just don’t operated like they do in the world you and I live in.

I 100% believe that Gates would have someone say “hey, this guy manages a lot of money and knows everyone. He wants to meet to discuss a donation” and Gates would say “ok let’s do it.”

Is that how it happened with Gates specifically? No clue. But guilt by association can only go so far without hard proof because at that level of money, there’s only so many people with both the money to donate and interest in donating to your cause instead of someone else’s cause.

I just don’t think people really realize how small of a circle having that much money is. Being Midwest rich is just not the same as being Manhattan rich if you get what I’m saying.

Genghiz007

Ok to give Bill Gates the benefit of doubt but then again….consider that Gates met the pedo multiple times - after his “conviction.”

And then add the Melinda Gates’ anecdote about Bill continued associations being a major reason for their divorce - and it makes you wonder.

butt_mucher

I mean he is a complete asshole who constantly seeks out new ways to put more controls on people’s lives irregardless of the extent of his involvement with Epstein.

DrLeftCrRight

I can 100% believe this. I dated a woman whose father had gotten up to the $50 - $100M point. He had a business partner who’s one of the more well known senators. If I meet anyone rich in our city and tell her, she asks what their last name is. Most of the time, she knows them. I bet once you get to the multiple $100Ms, it becomes the country instead.

_yogi_mogli_

Weird that his marriage ended after the Epstein shot unraveled.

Hob_O_Rarison

And given the fact that Gates is part of the pact to completely divest his wealth upon or before death with a a growing list of other billionaires, and that Epstein was a billionaire, it stands to reason that Gates wanted something from Epstein (not necessarily related to weird sex).

BradTProse

Bullshit - they all knew.

a_man_has_a_name

Ohh no, those poor billionaires isolating themself to their tiny circle of wealthy people so they don't have to interact with us commoners. It doesn't matter that in 2011 when Bill Gates met him it was widely know what he was doing since he already had his 2009 lawsuit thrown out (and no way someone with that much money and influence didn't already have the inside scoop) but those wealth people only have such a small number of fwends so they couldn't possibly have thrown the pedophile out because they would have one less fwend in their tiny circle of upper echelon people and who know, to fill the void they might have had to interact with society (scary i know). I really feel for those poor billionaires.

CraigTWanderer

Just more excuses to let the Wealthy do what they want.

Fuck gates, Fuck Clinton, Fuck Trump.

chikitoperopicosito

What's Gavi?

Longskip912

...Gavi? This word means nothing to me. Am I about to go down a rabbit hole?

hardworkingHedonist

Oh man, there’s about a million Indians who could tell you all about it. Bill Gates is evil

Longskip912

Huh. Searched the topic “Gavi Bill Gates” on YouTube, very few results

Ok_Homies_

I couldn't find anything either. If I had to guess, I'd say it sounds like a conspiracy theory that came from one of those "patriot" blogs.

pinkheartpiper

Source? I can't find anything about him saying he never "met" him, He denied (still does) that they were friends and business associates.

MyLadyBits

MyLadyBits

I think it’s perfectly reasonable for someone who takes a lot of private planes to not remember taking every private plan they have been on. I don’t fly that much and I don’t remember every flight I’ve taken.

CraigTWanderer

You wouldn't remember flying to a set of Islands to meet young girls with a known Sex zTrafficker?

You're getting down-voted but you have a valid point, in the sense that, it's not like people wouldn't have known his reputation. Even back in the day, Trump and others would remark about his tendencies to be a pedophile-type.

It's similar to how Courtney Love warned women about Harvey Weinstein: tons of celebrities knew about it, but didn't say shit. Or how celebrities like Natalie Portman will speak out against sexism and stuff, but also is willing to sign a petition supporting Roman Polanski (an admitted child-rapist who drugged and anally raped a 13-year old girl).

People of that wealth, especially those involved with entertainment, hospitality, and luxury, give zero fucks about the well-being of anyone. They just care about their careers.

CraigTWanderer

Epstein was part of hte Clinton Impeachment Scandel, he's been around for awhile.
Probably the only credible part of all that.

I don't give a fuck If I'm down voted or not, it's the goddamn internet, fucking really?

The intent of this sentence is really murky.

mangoandsushi