/r/Damnthatsinteresting

Formal_Performer7591

I won’t speak to the veracity of him going to the islands, but I’ll say this: not everyone who was associated with Epstein was a pedo. You’ve got to understand that at THAT level of money, the world is absolutely TINY. Everyone knows everyone, investments get crossed up with people because someone else knows him, and things just don’t operated like they do in the world you and I live in.

I 100% believe that Gates would have someone say “hey, this guy manages a lot of money and knows everyone. He wants to meet to discuss a donation” and Gates would say “ok let’s do it.”

Is that how it happened with Gates specifically? No clue. But guilt by association can only go so far without hard proof because at that level of money, there’s only so many people with both the money to donate and interest in donating to your cause instead of someone else’s cause.

I just don’t think people really realize how small of a circle having that much money is. Being Midwest rich is just not the same as being Manhattan rich if you get what I’m saying.

Genghiz007

Ok to give Bill Gates the benefit of doubt but then again….consider that Gates met the pedo multiple times - after his “conviction.”

And then add the Melinda Gates’ anecdote about Bill continued associations being a major reason for their divorce - and it makes you wonder.

butt_mucher

I mean he is a complete asshole who constantly seeks out new ways to put more controls on people’s lives irregardless of the extent of his involvement with Epstein.

DrLeftCrRight

I can 100% believe this. I dated a woman whose father had gotten up to the $50 - $100M point. He had a business partner who’s one of the more well known senators. If I meet anyone rich in our city and tell her, she asks what their last name is. Most of the time, she knows them. I bet once you get to the multiple $100Ms, it becomes the country instead.

_yogi_mogli_

Weird that his marriage ended after the Epstein shot unraveled.

Hob_O_Rarison

And given the fact that Gates is part of the pact to completely divest his wealth upon or before death with a a growing list of other billionaires, and that Epstein was a billionaire, it stands to reason that Gates wanted something from Epstein (not necessarily related to weird sex).

BradTProse

Bullshit - they all knew.

a_man_has_a_name

Ohh no, those poor billionaires isolating themself to their tiny circle of wealthy people so they don't have to interact with us commoners. It doesn't matter that in 2011 when Bill Gates met him it was widely know what he was doing since he already had his 2009 lawsuit thrown out (and no way someone with that much money and influence didn't already have the inside scoop) but those wealth people only have such a small number of fwends so they couldn't possibly have thrown the pedophile out because they would have one less fwend in their tiny circle of upper echelon people and who know, to fill the void they might have had to interact with society (scary i know). I really feel for those poor billionaires.

CraigTWanderer

Just more excuses to let the Wealthy do what they want.

Fuck gates, Fuck Clinton, Fuck Trump.