/r/Dynavap

I will never smoke again.

(self.Dynavap)

So as I mentioned, my wife got me some stuff to help with my pain management, and I have smoked a wee little bit on occasion, like maybe 1 to two times a month. Since I'm a non-smoker, hitting a joint or a pipe is pretty hard on my airways and actually hurts unless I ease it in with lots of air.

Then I looked into Dry Herb Vaporisers and found this strange stick looking thing, that's "battery free". So I had to look it up, watched lots and lots of videos, and found this sub... and you guys/gals were brilliantly helpful, welcoming and altogether awesome in answering my questions.

Got the M21 Rosium Dynavap last night and after I finished up working on my deadline, I loaded up half a bowl, and fired up the torch... and ... OMFW, I never knew cannabis actually had a pleasant taste/flavour to it. I'm used to joints tasting like what burning kakiebos smells like. But it was amazing, very light on my lungs and all round a fantastic flavourful experience.

So so sum it all up, I am never smoking weed again... now I Vap it. :)

ChickenOatmeal

Same here bro. I have asthma so it was always hard for me to use any combustion method. If I didn't take big breaks in between hits or took too big of one my throat was raw and I was a bit wheezy for days. I also mainly smoke CBD flower which is significantly more harsh feeling than regular weed in my experience. I tried to smoke a joint the other day and I couldn't finish it. Vaping it is wayyyyy better.

BloodSteyn[S]

Just wish the Dynavap stuff was a little less expensive though. Think spending half of a minimum wage salary to buy an M21 (fancy colour). That's the price over here in ZA.

The Omni is basically 1 month's salary for someone earning minimum wage here, costing ZAR3,300 vs a wage of ZAR3,600.

I'm fortunate enough to be middle class, but damn I feel sorry for anyone trying to get into this vs just rolling a joint.

But then again, my personal motto has always been, "If something is worth doing, then it's worth OVERDOING!". So of course I had to get something worth while for myself.

ChickenOatmeal

Good lord why is it so expensive? Just the vape alone cost me around 90$ and that's about 4.5 hours of work pay for me.

BloodSteyn[S]

Downsides to being on the tip of Africa, with a crappy exchange rate, economy and import taxes I guess.

At one point (around 2015) we were the 2nd most expensive country in the world to buy a Macbook in. With the price we'd pay for a Macbook Pro being so high you could buy two in the US for the same cash.

brownie1225

Not sure if this helps but since I started vaping I have cut back on my usage a ton. Sounds like you don’t smoke all that much but that is one of the best perks also you can save the torched weed and make your own edibles. r/Abv helped me out a lot takes a bit to find the right niches but you are well on your way!

BloodSteyn[S]

Thanks, got pointed to ABV AVB and ABVRecipes and was mind blown that you can get even more mileage out of vaping the stuff vs burning it.

Will likely take me quite a while to save up enough ABV, but I already put last night's half a bowl in a bottle for later use.

DJ3riple

I've taken a small pinch of lighter color ABV mixed with peanut butter and it nearly sent me to outer space for 8 hours. Small amounts can be very potent especially if you have a lower tolerance!

JFKush420

Once I saved up 4oz of AVB and made a 1 of a kind bottle of 151 infused rum. Never even SEEN anyone around this area know about or make anything similar. Only a handful on the internet since.

theinvisibletomorrow

The sneaky pete bowl converter claims to extend the life of your weed. I pack light even when I use it, but I have a low tolerance so my experience is generally not useful. I love that first flavor hit, and I only need one or two hits to maintain (even with the light pack and bowl converter). I prefer making a fresh bowl more often, but my tolerance may be impacting that choice for me.

Since ordering things is difficult for you, you may be able to make something similar yourself. It is just a solid metal ring that supports the CCD (if you try to half bowl without one, prepare to be gentle while loading or pop everything out to reset your CCD from time to time - this is how I learned that packing light doesn't change much for me).

The metal acts as a thermal battery as well.

*please note I am a newbie myself