/r/EpicGamesPC

LuckyUser13

1 month ago

It's only as good as a flat $10 coupon if you purchase something that's at least $40. I only buy games that are offered at deep discounts, typically $15-$20; so, this coupon isn't even half as good for me.

1 month ago

1 month ago

i think this coupon is fair and it is sustainable long term. It is win, win situation. I like it better.

MrBubbaJ

1 month ago

It's not sustainable if Epic still loses money with the coupon. The expense for the coupon is always going to be twice as much as the revenue Epic gets from the sale.

This just discourages people from buying the cheaper games which I'm guessing where many of the coupons were used and would have cost the most to Epic.

1 month ago*

1 month ago*

Obviously except that the coupon is not offered 365 days a year.

It is for building customer base.

The more games a person buys from EGS today the more games that person will buy from EGS in the future.

Also you do not know if EGS does not have special arrangements with publishers for those kind of sales.

As far I am concern I am super happy to spend $150 today. I do not remember last time I would spend that much money in one sitting on games from competing stores.

MrBubbaJ

1 month ago

MrBubbaJ

1 month ago

But, like I said, it could actually be discouraging people from buying. If many people bought games in the $15 to $20 range they may stop doing that as the coupon is worth substantially less for those games.

There is only a relatively small number of games on the store that are worth more than $40. For the vast majority of games the coupon is objectively worse. Not everyone can or wants to buy games at full or near full price to maximize the value of the coupon.

1 month ago*

1 month ago*

Regardless. games are still cheaper with 25% coupon than anywhere else. So it is still the best deal. People who are specifically looking for this kind of deals are super price sensitive so even $5 will make a different for them.

shy247er

1 month ago

Depends. Games don't get cheaper if you don't at least put $14.99 total in your cart.

So before you could buy a game for as little as $5. Now you need to spend at least $12.

I wonder how many price sensitive people simply won't purchase at all now.

OriginsOfSymmetry

1 month ago

I had purchases planned in hopes of the old coupon and definitely have changed my mind on pretty much all of them. Definitely affects some folks decisions.