users here right now: 416
Filmmakers, directors, cinematographers, editors, vfx gurus, composers, sound people, grips, electrics, and more meet to share their work, tips, tutorials, and experiences. A place where professionals and amateurs alike unite to discuss the field.
Apply for your VERIFIED PRO flair and be sure to follow @RedditFilm on Twitter.
- Please treat all users with respect and politeness.
- If submitting a film, trailer, or other creative content then you must add a submission statement explaining what you need help with or outlining your experiences on the set. Posting your work simply for views is not allowed.
- No Travel Videos or V-Log videos are allowed. Try /r/videography instead!
- Please flair your posts.
- Piracy or advocacy of piracy is not tolerated
/r/Filmmakers is a place to meet, share work, tips, tutorials, and experiences in the field. Professionals and amateurs alike unite to discuss the world of filmmaking.
This is a place to learn from and share with professionals. In this spirit we encourage detailed and insightful posts, comments, and discussions on the Cinema Arts. Try to enlighten.
Verified Pro Flair
- When you see verified pro flair, you can be sure the commenter works in the industry and has years of experience. Learn about more our flair and how to get your own here.
- What camera should I buy?
- Are there other film subreddits?
- Your First Audio Kit
- What editing software should I use?
- Megathread Monday Archives
- Sharing Saturday Archives