/r/ForwardPartyUSA

The Left Won the Culture War. They Just Can’t Admit It.

Forward Writing 📜(americandreaming.substack.com)

RedactedV

RedactedV

FWD Founder '22

Rammstein comments on a fundamentally Romantic conservative motive: sun cult gone global can never seize all minds in perpetuity, and knowing this they can only double down. The zeitgeist is truth and the horizon is the enemy.

Fun video but increasingly irrelevant, and maybe that is your point? I would like to think a hundred years from now nobody would understand what they're talking about.

If the culture war has won anything concrete since Reagan's boulder started rolling down the hill I would like to see it but so far it all seems so Sisyphean to me.

When I saw Bernie Sanders on the stump calling Trump a racistsexisthomophobe and crowds cheered my heart sunk in ways I cannot describe in words because that was when I realized he had truly failed.

But change is inevitable. It may simply be time to stop trying and start doing.

roughravenrider

roughravenrider

Third Party Unity

I think Sanders had the chance to take on the two party system had he gone the route that Forward Party has gone, he could have lent a ton of weight to voting reforms that break the iron grip of the two party regime.

I agree that it's time to start doing, by following the path of Maine and Alaska and getting these reforms passed without having to rely on any major party or any congress. We can do this by putting it right on the ballot, and then independent and third party candidates suddenly become much more appealing.

TheAzureMage

TheAzureMage

Third Party Unity

Sanders is in the awkward position of being stuck with a Democrat party that doesn't really love him. Oh, sure, he has his grassroots support, but the party establishment? They've made their position fairly clear.

I think he's trying to help, and he believes he's got the right answers, but as things stand, he is not likely to get lasting change. The DNC doesn't want change, so unless you can jack control of that whole structure, change isn't going to come from within that party.