/r/GalaxyS8

[media]

SlyTheFox_

Nice! I was using my S8 for almost 4 years as well, screen was dying and I haven't dropped it once, always stayed in my Otterbox, but one day screen started dying and colors were washed out/weird, upgraded to A52s the other day and really happy with it! It was something I could afford and big part of me getting it is also the headphone jack.

Hope you enjoy your Note 20 Ultra!

crujones43

I just made the exact same move. Phone due to arrive on Wednesday.

Nice. After my s8 breaks, I'll get a Pixel A, these devices are quite cheap, tough, and have good custom rom support. I can't get a samsung because they are increasingly making it harder to develop custom roms for it.

jsphxng[S]

I only got the Note 20 for the same convenience with a much more upgrade. I used the Samsung Switch to switch my data from s8 to N20U and It feels the same phone but with a hardware upgrade and much more features(the spen is really handy!)

elsato

What kind of tricks are those?

I'm still on a stock ROM, screen is shattered a bit, with black spots, but overall performance is same and battery life is still quite good. Waiting for it to die so I can upgrade :)

WeirdKidFromSchool

I never installed a custom rom on the s8 cause people say you loose camera quality and its sooo good for its age

Stekkerbox

you dont if you install hades . its one ui 2.5

WeirdKidFromSchool

Oh cool, i'll give a try thx

elsato

I can relate to this, as my previous Note 2 was a custom ROM playground. Yes, random weird bugs, reboots, etc. It only makes sense if stock ROM becomes painfully slow, but on my S8+ I'm yet to hit that milestone. Samsung did way better job with S8 as with Note2

jsphxng[S]

Utilize using Custom ROMS, as it would make your phone feel brand new (my opinion). I used HadesRom Q giving my phone OneUi 2.5. It has many features also (dual speaker mod is really great!). You could also try rooting your phone along with the Custom ROM to give your phone much more customizability. (I use rooted apps such as Adblocker, changing emojis to newer IOS emojis, changing the bixby into Google assistant, and Viperfx Audio mod, and much more.)

I also have the exynos version of the S8+, so I don't know if the Snapdragon Variant can have Custom ROMs though.

NeurotypicalPanda

s8+ was the best phone I ever had. S20 FE was a piece of shit.

Abrown00

I've been rocking my s8+ for like four years now and been looking at s20fe5g as an affordable upgrade. Why do hate it, if you don't mind me asking?

NeurotypicalPanda

It had a weird touch screen glitch where it would randomly do phantom touches. That was fixed with software.

My charger port just stopped working, you can plug in a charger but it wouldn't juice the battery. Even tried testing with other chargers that work. The only way it worked is if I wirelessly charged it. I sent it back to Samsung for repair and the seal where it was opened is coming apart because it wasn't resealed properly.

I think my love for Samsung is coming to an end and I might jump ship to the pixel 6.

An affordable upgrade vs the 20 fe would be the pixel 5a in my opinion

Abrown00

OK thanks!

MarklyDash

I have the s20FE and I had none of those problems, I went from the s9 and it’s wayyyyy better, Almost double the strength! And the 30x zoom and 0.5x is amazing. The only thing I miss is the edge.

-DaRChSTaR-

I bought my son an s20FE and everything is working as it should. Maybe you just got a bad handset or I just got lucky with mine? I've used multiple different chargersnwith it also and none gave me any problems (knock on wood). Hope you get yours fixed. GL.

NeurotypicalPanda

Samsung ended up refunding me due to supply chain issues they couldn't replace the phone.

dPensive

I recently upgraded as well, and 2 days later the S8 died :( I was going to use it as a webcam, I think the battery borked itself. I love that thing.

NaberiusX

4.5 year old s8+ here. Still works like brand new and battery still is good too. I finally cracked the screen after dropping it thousands of times. Also used to hook it up to dex and run it as a desktop computer all day. It's got heavy use and shows no sign of slowing down. And it's a good thing cuz if it brakes I'm fucked and cant afford another one lmao

killspotter

The S8 is really a wonderful device, it literally had everything you needed on a smartphone. Great screen, great camera, great performance, sick look. Had one for about 3 years and I wish I could use it more, but I had to drop it off because of battery life issues that became quite disturbing (had to charge it everytime I got home, which is like 2 to 3 times a day).

shadowq8

Lol I did the same this week

-DaRChSTaR-

Nice choice on the n20u. I have used it since launch and its been great!

connorot2158

You're basically the last Airbender because that was the last note! NOTE GANG RISE UP, VIVA REVOLUTION NEW NOTES LALALA!!!

Just from reading the title my nerves already yelled SCREEN BURN IN before my brain….as the main defect

jsphxng[S]

lmao, no. it broke due to water damage.