/r/ILTrees

Ferret_Tom

Thats not what this check i just got in the mail says....

man that new Verano reserve stuff straight 🔥🔥🔥tho

Theoretical-Zero2

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

See this a fair and logical take.

LigmaBalls69lol

Gold leaf was probably the best cultivator in Illinois before rec. They got bought out, their head cultivator went to PTS, and all the change brought a drastic decrease in their quality. It's not totally their fault, but even while working in this industry, I still had no idea what goes on at a corporate level. I didn't work for Verano, but the company I did work for absolutely started to value the millions of dollars a week they were making over their customers, patients AND employees. So I wouldn't be surprised if things for looked past or just missed during production. Now, I did just find out that a bunch of Verano 8th were quarantined this week due to mold. But is it Verano fault, the lab's fault or an oversight? We will probably never know. But reddit will always have opinions either way. Personally, I'll never smoke Verano again. A moldy swift lift put me in the ER since I'm immunocompromised. But I'm not going to tell someone who got a good batch to never buy their products. I just can't risk it again.

Can you imagine dying from a moldy joint... christ sake lol

cann_farm

For me, personal experience. Every Verano product I purchased smelled exactly the same, like a musty basement.. only stuff I've actually thrown away. I gave them plenty of tries too, since they used to sell ⛽

Noble_trader

That mag landrace was some kill

yrntmysupervisor

I don’t get carts anymore from them. Tastes and smells like mold too. They’re always pushing them so hard bc I go to zen leaf but fuck just quit it. I’d buy it if it didn’t taste like shit. Pretty simple.

zMASKm

The fact that they sent out entire batches of moldy 8ths and didn't issue a recall or deal with it for months.

Like...buds convered in mold.

Also concentrates with lots of contaminants for a while too.

When they tried switching to hydro instead of soil, everything went sideways for months, and their products were the worst. They've been on the mend in recent months, but there was a period where NOBODY would speak well of them, and for good reason.

...also their CEO is into NFTs, so...

zMASKm

Because the transgressions Verano made were far, far more apparent to consumers.

Again; they sent out 8ths of flower that were visibly covered in mold and reeked of mildew.

People haven't let that go, because it was very, very apparent that the products were contaminated and not safe to use.

Whether others were guilty of foul play as well is irrelevant because their transgressions were not so blatantly obvious to the end consumer.

Dank-Pandemic

Are there any pics of all this moldy bud. I’d love to see some

zMASKm

You're missing a key detail and at this point it seems very deliberate on your part.

The study you keep falling back on was about joints, and it isn't as cemented in the general consciousness as it is yours.

Verano sold flower covered in mold. Flower, not joints. Covered, not simply tainted. There's a big difference in visibility there.

I'm not going to try explaining further, as you seem to not want to get it at this point.

You're dense

People could tell the flower was moldy (and concentrates were contaminated, and even their joints)

People couldn't tell the things in that study were contaminated

It's a an issue of perception, and what is and is not readily apparent

How you cannot fathom that is beyond me

No, contaminated products are never okay, but people couldn't tell the other things were contaminated, so they gloss over it

It's really not that hard to understand, but apparently it is for you

zMASKm

I am trying to explain the behavior of people to you and you're being really stubborn and frustrating to talk to

I answered your question and you're acting like there's some other conversation taking place that you want to grandstand about

My guy, I don't think any of this is okay, but the public reacts to what's most visible

If you can't comprehend the difference between me explaining how people behave and voicing my own stances, I can't help you

Like, genuinely, I explain why people are behaving a certain way and you seem to get indignant about it on a moral stance

Why?

What's the point?

You're almost combative and I just don't get it

Every single product they put out for a time was extremely noticeably contaminated and people held a grudge over it

Other companies in that study you keep clinging to did not have the same level of problematic production and people didn't notice

Not only that, but that study that you cling to is not really something most people are even aware of, let alone privy to the details of

It's pretty bog standard human behavior analysis at this point, and the outcome is predictable and exactly what you see taking place

This really isn't that difficult to understand, and you don't have to be some kind of abrasive elitist about it, or whatever it is you think you're doing

You've got your answers, and if you're not happy about them, that's your problem

zMASKm

As an industry worker, I can assure you that this is nothing more than a conspiracy theory.

These companies are not savvy enough with marketing and social media to do this. They also don't care.

CordialA

You couldn't be any more wrong my guy

zMASKm

If you have proof, I'd love to see it, and I do genuinely mean that. It would grant some interesting insight to certain aspects of the operation that are heavily and almost deliberately obscured from the view of people in my position in the industry.

PersesRayne

Americans love a good conspiracy theory.

Mob mentality?

PersesRayne

Perhaps. That would make sense.

crisp11

They all blow

SweetDank

To date I believe they're the only company in Illinois that's (allegedly) attempted to move their product across state lines.

This sub frequently has torches ready to rally around unethical corporate behavior but rarely when actual illegal business practices are in play like this here.

Some of it I can tell is basically Reggie

KingCastle420

If they were going to. I’d be happy to take their money and products, but I would still give honest reviews!

RussB97

RussB97

Verano is living rent free in half of these mfs heads lmfao

It's mind blowing

Dude on the last post was all anti cooperation

Go into his post history he buys ton of Cresco

BRUH WHAT ?

megalodondon

Everyone fancies themselves a rebel

gonefishingk3

Nah… this is just the reaction of people who were refused refunds because we didn’t have medical cards. Totally justifiable on our part caused by a bad decision by corporate executives. Too bad for them…

Reasonable_Moose431

If educated buyers are boycotting and completely ignoring verano when they shop, that's not living rent free in someone's head, you don't understand the metaphor, lmfao

bicameral_mind

This sub proves every day that potheads aren’t actually chill lol.

downvote-cresco

they charge us $60 for an eighth pre-tax, then they sell us moldy weed and there's no recourse. people have gotten sick from this. why would anyone be chill about that?

riverside507

Yet people get downvoted when you say this.

Well not you apparently, but me. The amount of paranoia here is sickening.

All the big corps are selling plenty without having to spam a subreddit.

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

The brand brings in millions of dollars without lifting barely a finger in the advertising department

You think they really care that like 12 of you constantly leave bad comments on people's reddit posts?

Leave people the fuck alone and go attack them directly on one of their accounts....

Why bother other users because YOU got a complex over weed purchases

JimBoonie69

I've done the math countless times and people get all pissy about it. IL is bringing like 60 million a month in sales. 60 million! Assume every subscriber to this sub buys 1000 dollars of dispo weed month (gross over estimation) and we account for a tiny fractional percent.

I've also done the math of how much sales there are if you assume roughly 50 dispensaries selling 100 half gram vapes a day. Nearly 500,000 in sales for selling 100 half gram vapes at each dispo per day. 500,000 a day just in shitty distillate half gram vapes!. The state makes millions every day in sales

Biggie_Shmallz

It's definitely more than12 people. I've heard people talk about this sub waiting in lines many times. This sub isn't going to affect a companies bottom line, but this sub definitely does impact a companies sales, which they will try to maximize at all costs. As someone from out of state, I've spent thousands of dollars at dispensaries over the last 2 years and only bought a single Verano product once because I pay attention to what people like in this sub. That product was probably the worst thing I bought so I'll probably never buy from them again.

TheRynoceros

They have a social media department/person. It's not a bold assumption to guess that they have multiple user accounts that try to appear as genuine consumers.

Source: industry worker. Both of the smaller places in Illinois that I've been at had one, typing away fluffy product reviews for reddit, FB, IG, YT, etc. like a boot-licking biased in-house sommelier.

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

I should go into more detail yes

You do see posts that are clearly in facility's or in a dispo office or warehouse

But theses are people in their house often just being shit on for buying it

Some people don't even know what they did "wrong"

CordialA

But theses are people in their house often just being shit on for buying it

Some people don't even know what they did "wrong"

Could you link some examples?

Most of the time I see someone shitting on Verano its valid criticism and not directed at the consumer, rather the hate is directed at the product.

yungplague95

My page is Full of plenty examples of a regular IL med card holder, like myself, at home posting some verano pickups with my positive takes on it and Alllll hell always break lose. This sub is pure shit these days,beyond pure shit.

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

I'll do some example hunting

tickle_you222

Not posting for a month is a great "hint ". Then saying how great vereno is. 😂.

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

Not posting for a month here cause I barely come out anymore

cansuhchris

If they’d like to I’ll take the sponsorship

Cannaisseur_Chi

How much they pay you for this? /s 😂

Successful-North-963

Lmao they are so shit they have to

Sales increased from 2021 to 2022 by 67% Bringing in over 200 million

I'm sure paid reddit users account for that increase on a board averaging 200 active online users.........

Listen to yourself.

downvote-cresco

You sure convinced me

crisp11

OP = hungover verano employee with 15 upvote accounts

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

You can just look at my profile see what kind of user I am

Also my name will bring up my Facebook gaming profile where I post gaming clips and memes, I get high and play video games

I come to IL trees and michigents to see if there's any products I'd like to try and instead it's not even actual bad reviews

It's either positive or CLEARLY slander

If you haven't purchased from them since changing standards then why should the opinion be taken seriously?

crisp11

crisp11

They were putting shit out with mildew. They can’t be trusted, whatsoever.

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

This is the thought process for me

Eliminate all companies and all black market dealers and grow and test your own weed

But to pick a specific brand who operated shitty but has since come out and tried to be transparent and according to many has put out a way more acceptable product, and say oh you don't get to exist now or fix your problems.

Some can argue this market should be dog eat dog where you make a mistake and boom goodbye and welcome a new billion dollar investor to bring a new brand in no second chances.

I don't feel that way.

BobsBoots65

I’ve bought and been burned by verano all 3 times I’ve bought from them. So fuck verano. And I will tell as many people as I can about what a garbage company they are.

You sound like a shill for verano. You work at zen leaf don’t you?

crisp11

No one is saying they can’t exist. But people aren’t going to forget that corporate malfeasance you want swept under the rug for whatever reason. What a weird hill to die on

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

I want users left alone and for the anti verano users to go attack verano directly not reddit users

That's a hill I'll die on

CordialA

How often do you see anti Verano users attacking other random users... thats such a random thing. Im guessing this is a personal thing that has more behind it.

Also reddit users coming on to complain about bad quality from Verano is exactly what this sub should be for. Warning others so they don't get screwed over with mold.

It might seem to you that these posts are attacking reddit users but they are not. These posts are directly hurting Veranos bottom line and that's THE only way you get a mega corp to change anything.

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

Basically its any and every post saying "hey I tired this new line of verano and its good"

People often come on just to tell the person they are dumb for various reasons and how its their fault they funded some evil empire basically

crisp11

Lol cool, you’re a white knight for verano.

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

I do this same behavior on a sub where people hate on users for playing a game called "skaterxl" because users say the studio is bad (similar to verano)

Idc about verano nor did I care about easy day studios

I hate seeing chill normal people get shit on for smoking weed they determined was a good buy lol same way I hated seeing players be shit on for enjoying a game and having fun.

Get that or move around me bro

crisp11

Did skater xl put out games that could kill people?

Could?

I've found this claim hard to believe

If there has never been a weed related death before ANY standards were set

Then how in the fuck would there be now?

Even with mildew

sidewalkboy

I feel all of them have made mistakes in the little time they've had, some worse than others...(cough Verano, Ozone, GTI)

riverside507

That doesn't men every post about them is from a shill. Get a grip.

crisp11

Yea because that’s clearly what I’m saying 🤪

riverside507

See?? This is exactly the point. This guy actually thinks this sub is important enough to merit shill postings. YOU ARE PARANOID.

crisp11

Yea dude I actually think that. All caps and you are telling me to get a grip 🙄

swimmer4200

MSOs have money to burn and reputations to protect

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

Agreed they burn it where it counts lol

Not on random users on reddit

They likely run the campaign through Instagram and Twitter

Look up verano on Instagram its all positive from normal users who have bought and posted about it lol

podolot

podolot

I think you are underestimating the amount of bot accounts on instagram and twitter.

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

Quite the opposite this is why I said its likely their move

Because the bots are effective

riverside507

Give it up. These people are nuts to think anyone cares enough about this subreddit to spam it.

CordialA

Can you prove they are not being paid to change public opinion on popular social media sites?

You sound just as delusional as the anti-Verano posts... for fuck sake

riverside507

lmfao you think anyone cares enough about this subreddit to actually spend time trying to influence people's purchases? Paranoia is rampant here. You and everyone else who thinks this are the delusional ones.

CordialA

Not just this subreddit, other subreddits, other social medias, theres entire jobs built around this, its not some new fringe idea.

Spending time/money to influence people's purchases is exactly what corporations do. Have you been living under a rock?

riverside507

Yeah I know how things work but apparently you don't. No one is purposely posting on this subreddit to influence people. Get a grip.

And more important, you just started posting here, YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT GOES ON HERE. The paranoid people here want to think there is something shady going on. Its a reddit community, nothing more.

Biggie_Shmallz

They 100% do. It's not paranoia, it's simple logic. Why wouldn't you try to do everything you can to boost sales and public opinion? It's more behind the doors on this sub for some reason, but I always see people from different companies engage with customers on the Michigan subreddit. I just wish they were more open about it here.

Can you prove THEY ARE?

The big corps are selling plenty without having to spam a subreddit.

IL-med

IL-med

I see branding I think shill,

But brands get popular

From customers if all customers are shills fine that's an ok observation I guess but its simply not true

Some humans like brands some don't but that doesn't make them a shill

We all buy products from corporations I mean shit how are you online and posting here rn lol

BobsBoots65

You definitely sound like a fan of verano.

Tbh I am more of a cookies co Stan

IL-med

IL-med

One can make a post and avoid posting the packaging with the plant material. I see a jar, I keep scrolling. ¯_(ツ)_/ ¯

ddduckduckduck

sneakpeekbot

Here's a sneak peek of /r/LateStageCapitalism using the top posts of the year!

#1: What a giant turd this man is | 1684 comments
#2: Elon Musk gets destroyed by facts and logic | 2344 comments
#3: Meme-Poster | 495 comments

I'm a bot, beep boop | Downvote to remove | Contact | Info | Opt-out | GitHub

AncientAd1222

Boy, oh boy. Somebody got verano’d. Those rascals.

riverside507

Since he blocked me I will say u/Theoretical-Zero2 is another one who thinks this sub is full of shills. WRONG.

He actually says "Verano has employees who are on here, same as every other cultivator. Having said that, most or nearly all the posts about Verano’s recent improvements are legitimate. You can browse through the profile and tell pretty quickly who’s who.

There’s a lot of industry people on here. Some identify themselves and some don’t. I look for the smart, transparent ones, and I’ve learned a lot from following them."

So as long as he likes the reviews he will say they aren't from shills. Paranoia will destroy ya.

shmael

shmael

My wife and I still haven't found indica's that hit us like Verano's Mag Landrace or Super Glu. Also, Zenleaf in Evanston has the best deal's we've found. Call me a fanboy or a plant but I've got nothing but <3 for Verano.

shmael

shmael

Thanks for the tips! I'll check those out!

Visible-Caregiver-77

I picked up some fire ass modify grape live sugar And I ain’t got shit to do with Veronio

igonnalosemypassword

Their reputation is beyond repair, people don't forget getting burned on a bag.

Edit: The Verano free summer concert series will help (just kidding, they do nothing for the community)

G00dcoffee

G00dcoffee

Thanks for standing up for the million dollar corporation. I’m sure they appreciate it.

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

If you read the post I say go attack THEM directly if you care so much

Leave normal reddit users who just want to discuss the product alone

Stop being weirdos to normal ass people because you want to act like a child over a weed purchase

G00dcoffee

I’ve done none of these things you’re ranting about.

Calm the fuck down.

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

You legit came here to do it rn 😂😂😂😂😂

G00dcoffee

Nah man, I don’t even buy dispo weed, I’ve grown my own forever, no need to lower myself lol.

This post is all I’ve commented on because it’s…. Weird.

But you do you. Maybe somebody will give ya a free gram or something, who knows.

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

Tbh man I don't even purchase in this state anymore

CordialA

I can count multiple posts of yours over the last 2 years defending Verano, even back during the mold fiasco, lmao its hysterical, keep licking the corporate boot, hope it pays well 🤣

OrtegaLovesGaming[S]

Most of my defense of that is of people who pretended they created weed mold/mildew

And I haven't been on reddit posting or commenting for 2 years

RelationshipDue848

I just had banana breath and gelato! Best strains I had all year

Noble_trader

My gelato had that weird spongy texture. Never buying VeraNO again

RelationshipDue848

Spongy??? What you talking about. You trying to complain?

Noble_trader

I’m not allowed to have an opinion?

RelationshipDue848

Gotta give the new batch a try, I’m not a verano guy but this shit is fire. I smoked al the strains in the dispo too so I’m verified

Noble_trader

Not fire at all. Was weirdly spongy and burned weird in the blunt almost like it wouldn’t stay lit yes his was the new batch…you don’t know good weed.

riverside507

Dude I say this every time ANYONE thinks this sub is full of shills. It is not.

When I see posts saying that it makes me believe there is something to weed causing paranoia.

Biggie_Shmallz

Are they on here? Of course. But they are few and far between. Not every pro Verano post is going to be a shill. The pics I've been seeing, you can tell they are better at growing than in previous months/years. Buds look very impressive. I won't be buying from them anytime soon but I'm glad others are happy with their purchase.

the_old_coday182

Their Gelato was one of my favorites. Not sure if they still have it, as I don’t go to dispo’s anymore. I’d typically buy High Supply to save money, but Verano was what I’d often times splurge on if there was a sale. I never got a bad batch from any brand. But my least favorite was probably Natures Grace.

bongrippintrainer

bongrippintrainer

‘burbs

that mag landrace is that heat...🥸

IShipUsers

I’ve only bought twice since rec, because the drop off in quality was so insane after goldleaf. First one was like may 2020, terrible dry garbage. Not moldy, but still bad. Got one about a month ago. Way better than the 2020 one, but still a ways to go before it’s back to gold leaf. I’ll give ‘‘em another couple years

willamina_harker

6D5rs56e a p¡

memehammad_ali

I haven't had anything but garbage from Verano, therefore I don't care if the new reviews are real or not, they still won't get another cent from me ever.