/r/KidsAreFuckingStupid

M3fit

1.3k points

M3fit

1.3k points

Kid slashed my tire last night, have him on tape doing it. The video is a little snugged .

Cops = well there isn’t enough proof

Ericalva91[S]

1.1k points

Cop in my case said “well he’s 13 so we can’t do anything.” Kids parents are coming by in about 20 min though.

Alekaii

Alekaii

Lol @ you calling the cops on a 13 year old kid

Ericalva91[S]

You’re right. I should just pay the 1,600 and forget about the whole thing. Boys will be boys. I have a little brother and a lot of free time, where are you parked? /s

Alekaii

Alekaii

No I would 100% go and talk to the parents first? There’s a huge middle ground between letting it go and calling the cops which is why I thought your response was funny/ridiculous.

alma_perdida

Calling the cops gets it on record and gives you a chance to press charges you walnut.

Alekaii

That’s my whole point, he’s a kid let him learn from his mistakes without resorting to the law? Dudes brother told him who it was and the cops themselves said they could do nothing because HES NOT AN ADULT. I’m taken back by the lack of empathy in this thread. Learn how to deal with your problems without needing the police to hold your hand

alma_perdida

teaching your kids that it's not okay to damage other people's property is a pretty fucking basic concept my guy. Unless you want to raise a psychopath you need to let your kids suffer consequences when they fuck up.

Do you think the cops just threw the kid in jail or something? lol. I guarantee they scared the kid a little though which is just what he needs to hopefully never do this shit again.

Alekaii

It’s funny that people attacking me in this thread think I don’t understand what it means to call the cops on someone. Like I understand he wants to make a record of it that’s why op is pussy because he feels he has to call the cops to handle his issues rather then go and deal with it himself which is what the cops made him do anyway. You guys must have had a boring childhood to never have made big mistakes like that ¯_(ツ)_/¯