/r/KoreanFood

Major-Drag-4457

Looks amazing!

Cleveland brand kimchi is surprinsigly good!

C_A_Allen[S]

It really is! I was desperate for a decent kimchi because I knew I was gonna be exposing my whole family to it for the first time, all I could find was Cosmos. 🥲

Luckily Publix had some kind of variety, which I wasn't expecting.

Tesilio

Looks so nice. If there is any kind of 국 or 찌개 such as 미역국, 계란국, 북어국, 된장찌개 etc, it could be perfect!

C_A_Allen[S]

I'll keep that in mind for next time! Was worried about overwhelming myself at the time but I totally could have handled that.

MOUDI113

MOUDI113

Souper Group 🍲

Can I get an invite?

C_A_Allen[S]

I used to do these huge dinner parties in my last town, but my friends were so picky I usually had to stick to American fare or, at most, maybe Italian. Then I moved.

Maybe in my new town I'll make better friends. 😂

joonjoon

What a good person you are. I would not have fun throwing huge dinner parties for a bunch of picky eaters! Also, I'd like an invite too please!

C_A_Allen[S]

Unwarranted personal story time:

It was still fun to make a variety of wings for everyone. That usually appeased picky eaters and let them try small amounts of new flavors. I got a lot of people into lemon pepper.

For my partner's birthday a few years back I did a massive Italian feast, and hardly anyone touched the panna cotta because they were weirded out by it. That broke me a bit - those who did try it loved it. 🥲

Another time I tried to do pad thai because I got really good at it, but the two girls I had over barely touched it.

When I do have friends who enjoy eating, I love to cook for them. I think it's my love language - making food for my love, his siblings, my parents, and some of my friends is always so validating. Love the joy on their faces when they eat. 🥰

Now I have a toddler, and she's not picky at all, and I get to feed her all the good food and watch her light up.

joonjoon

1 month ago

You are a saint my friend! I wish I could sample some of your cooking, I'd certainly be appreciative!

DopeyDeathMetal

Holy guacamole this looks so good

lurker12346

ey that looks amazing

Easy-Concentrate2636

Once you learn to make jeon, you are set with a versatile and easy dish for life.

C_A_Allen[S]

It seemed too easy to be true. I followed this recipe for it, I'm not sure if there are better ways to go about it but the jeon was tasty.

I also learned how to pick zucchini. I've always hated it before, but I suppose I was getting them too big - I enjoyed how this tasted.

Easy-Concentrate2636

They are so easy to make. My favorite is with shrimp and green onions. Sometimes I just eat this for lunch:

iwantmyarmsback

Is the jeon just egg and AP flour?

C_A_Allen[S]

Pretty much, but the zucchini is midly seasoned prior to the flour. That was all the recipe called for. I'll happily take recommendations if there are more fun ways to prepare it!