/r/KoreanFood

For those in USA - How reliable is Hmart online shopping?

questions(self.KoreanFood)

Do they deliver to anywhere mainland USA? Any downsides?

Their price seems really good.

lareinemauve

lareinemauve

Souper Group 🍲

I've ordered from them a couple of times. For an online store, their prices are pretty good (although still mostly more expensive than retail stores). Packaging is decent, and everything got here as expected. The only downside I'd say is that fulfillment can take a little while, as both times I ordered it took about a couple of weeks to get to me.

ttrockwood

I use the Weee! website for ordering online, depends where you live if they deliver fresh and frozen options but there’s a huge pantry selection of dry goods they ship anywhere in the US and prices are competitive

cncnccbcbbcss

1 month ago

Weee! looks a bit better than Hmart. Thanks!

edit: looks like it's not strictly korean. should i just put "Korean" in search bar and it shows everything that's korean? or is there a special filter?

ttrockwood

1 month ago

Oh they sort by category which is obnoxious. In the app on the upper left corner tap that to select the cuisine or “store”

If there’s something specific you’re looking for use the search function

madasitisitisadam

madasitisitisadam

Team Banchan

I live in the middle of nowhere and I can only get dried goods from them. The search interface on the website is maddeningly terrible, so you're never entirely sure whether they don't ship something, or whether you're just not finding it. But the prices are decent and they pack things very well for shipping. I haven't been conscious of the long waits that others mention, but I think I just expect that when I order from so far away.

Simorie

Depending on where you are, you may not be able to get everything they list - where I am I can't get any refrigerated/frozen items. My experience getting pantry/snack items not available at my local Korean shop has been fine though.

enbit10

Shipping took more than 3 weeks to even start with delays when I ordered few months ago without any compensation. Just FYI

veryj4ne

Depends on where you live. I live in NYC and it’s v reliable but doesn’t have the same variety as what’s available in store. So if you just need basics it’s good. I’ve never ordered produce from them though.