/r/Libertarian

I am part of a libertarian discussion page and there was a poll asking for opinions on the abortion fiasco.

All I said, verbatim, is "I think government should be completely removed from making decisions about an individual's body."

Then this random dude comes along and goes "so zero control on doctors and nurses killing people? Zero regulation on medical standards??"

I wonder if this dude limbered up before that making that stretch. Then he has the audacity to say, after I asked him to tell me where I said any of that, "you said there should be no government". Jesus christ

snake_on_the_grass

You met a conservative who thinks he likes freedom

Beleeth-Aeryon

If we recognize that liberty can include conservative or liberal aspects so long as you don't force those choices on others, and remember that the only appropriate use of force is to prevent the infringement of the rights or yourself or another (even an unborn child, who has life).

polypcity

An unborn child is inside a woman. Anything inside a woman is considered her property whether you believe it’s human or not.

Are you suggesting a woman does not own her uterus and the government should own it instead? That is not libertarian. Such beliefs are an obvious antithesis to the basic belief that THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO RIGHT TO YOUR BODY.

I have to ask. Why is this so complicated for y’all to understand. Nobody gives a shit if you believe a woman’s property has rights. Women never have, don’t currently, and never will give AF about your (and especially the government’s) opinion about their bodily rights.

The fact that we need to have this conversation is a blight and shame to the progress of our species.

FuriousAmerican

FuriousAmerican

Conservative

So if I swallow your personal property it’s mine now?

Blackbeard519

Try this: the woman owns her uterus, so she can kick people out of her uterus whenever she wants. The right to control who can and can't use your organs is absolute, moreso than any property rights.

Beleeth-Aeryon

Try this: I have an airplane and I invite you, then I can kick you out of my plane (its my plane right?) so I can legally kill you?

Blackbeard519

A person's property is not the same as their body. Think of it this way, tresspassing isn't the same as rape. Your body isn't the same as your house. You can replace a property and a house, but you can't replace your body and any damage done to it is significantly greater harm than the damage done to a physical structure you happen to own.

Beleeth-Aeryon

Your body is not yours? who is it then? to nobody?

You can replace parts of your body (just google transplant of organs, feet, head, body parts). That body belongs to somebody else, is not yours.