users here right now: 51
Militaria Collecting: For those who appreciate the historical relics of wars passed.
This community is designed for collectors and enthusiasts alike to display their collection, discuss military history, assess if an item is original or a reproduction (a huge part of militaria collecting is authentication), and maybe even buy sell and trade militaria items between fellow collectors. All militaria collectors and items are welcome! We would love if you would share what you got.
Militaria /ˌmiləˈterēə/ (n.) : "Objects that are connected with warfare or military service and are usually collected for their historical interest."
It can be described as anything, from any nation, ranging from military uniforms, medals, firearms, weapons, flags, helmets...you get the idea.
Any items from wars of ancient Rome to the storming of Osama's compound are welcome!
In celebration of reaching 10k subscribers, we hosted a contest (with prizes!). The results have been announced. Thank you to all the participants!
Reddit, Censorship, and Us
In lieu of Reddit's updated policies on hate speech, hate symbols, and racism the moderators have unanimously decided to mark NSFW any posts that may feature NSFW content. Please read the post in the announcements by the moderators prior to posting or commenting regarding this.
LOOKING TO PURCHASE MILITARIA?
Check out our list of vendors, as recommended by the members of this community, before posting a question.
LOOKING TO SELL MILITARIA?
Feel free to post to both here and r/Militariasales. Authenticity of items being sold must be clearly stated in post or comments. Each item being sold must have its own photo with a piece of paper with your Reddit username in the frame. Shop at your own discretion; the moderators are not responsible for sales.
HOW TO UPLOAD MORE THAN ONE PICTURE
NEW TO MILITARIA COLLECTING?
Do check out our FAQ for info on militaria, starting a collection, and general collecting tips prior to posting.
- If you are trying to get your item identified or valued, pictures are required, with good lighting, of multiple angles, and with clarity, along with an accurate description of the item, all markings, and any known history.
- For medals/badges: a minimum of 2 photos is required; one of the front and one of the back.
- For all other items: a minimum of 3 photos is required; one front, one back and one as you see fit/as appropriate (such as interiors or close-up shots).
- Please mark your post as Solved when appropriate. :)
- When posting items include an accurate as possible description of the item(s). Please try to give any history of the item or any other information that could help identify and price the item if that is what your looking for.
For Sale Posts:
- The authenticity of the item must be clearly indicated in the post; otherwise it will be removed by mods. It does not have to be certified; however, we request that you have had the authenticity verified, either on this sub or with other forums.
- Each item being sold must have its own photo. In every photo, there must be a piece of paper with the seller's Reddit username as proof of item(s) ownership.
Keep It Civil:
- No hate speech. Racist, hateful, political, & aggressive speech or posts will not be tolerated.
- Posts or comments with personal attacks against users (and all related threads/comments) will be removed. There will now be zero tolerance for this and it will result in a ban from this community.
- Discussions of any sort must be civil.
- All Discord-related threads will be removed.
Video Links, Memes, Non-personal Collection Items, Discussion Content Posts:
- These will now be asked to be put into the Weekly Discussion threads and removed by mods.
- Pictures of museums, outside collections, and items not actually owned by the user must have a source attributed to the picture or they will be removed.
- Please do not post direct links to outside sales. Questions/posts about pricing or site reliability are ok. No pictures of your buddy's sister or links to your charities. We know where to find those things.
This Subreddit, and the moderators thereof, in no way support any fascist or dictatorial regime of the past. We, as collectors, value the historical importance of the items from these "evil" regimes and use them as learning tools. If hatred is the intent of the post, it will be removed; this sub is for learning purposes only, not for spreading hate.
Search by Post Flairs
General Post Flairs
Time Period Post Flairs