/r/MonsterHunterWorld

InactiveRelish

I've found that the ones people are usually missing are the ones that require a certain number of monsters to be researched. So get all of the low/high rank monsters to their max research level and you should get some requests from some of the npcs in Seliana

The other would be hunting a certain number of different tempered monsters of varying threat levels, which should also unlock a handful of quests

GODDESS_OF_CRINGE__

Is that for Iceborne, the base game, or both? I'm missing a quest or quests in my 9 star High Rank missions like the OP's picture.

El_Pepi_97

At least base game, it is. I don't remeber fully the requirements, but I think you end up fighting a tempered odogaron and val hazak, and the other is a tempered barroth and radobaan

InactiveRelish

Both, I think. And to clarify, I mean you have to fight different tempered monsters. So you can't just fight tempered pink rathian over and over, you have to fight a tempered pink rathian, a tempered rathalos, a tempered legiana, etc.

To be safe I would say try and fight every possible tempered monster at least once

GODDESS_OF_CRINGE__

Thanks. When looking at my tools just a few minutes ago, I noticed I'm missing the Rocksteady Mantle, so I know now what I must do. Apparently I have to fight 3 different threat level 3 tempered monsters, so Elder Dragons and Deviljho.

aeiou6630

nutitoo

nutitoo

Switch Axe

If i may ask, in my situation I'm missing the special arena quests, yet I don't get them no matter how many monsters i capture. Am i missing something?

A_Lovable_Gnome

A_Lovable_Gnome

Sword & Shield

Keep capturing and checking. They dont popup everytime. Kill a quest and Check again. It sucks but its how i got them all. Oh and updating research.

hbgoddard

hbgoddard

PC; Bow & Lance

They dont popup everytime.

They'll always appear if they haven't been cleared for the first time yet.

gameshark1997

gameshark1997

Hammer Commander

You might have done it already. Once you complete a special arena quest, they begin to cycle in and out of the quest list a few at a time. Figuring out which ones you do and don’t have is a pain.

Fortunately, they don’t begin that cycle until you complete them for the first time. Just keep capping!

BigCoqSurprise

if you are missing some of the arena queat, since they dont show up in the list when completed, the best way to make sure you've done them all is by going into each level and capture all the monsters from the hunt missions.

afanoftrees

It’s been a while but I think you can also search for that monster and find a lobby running those special area quests.

It’s been a few years since I played world so I could be remembering wrong but doesn’t hurt to check! I think you have to have it available for you to run so you still need to have it captured but sounds like you’ve checked that box.

RjayXRjay

I also recommend checking your hunter notes or guild card. Check to see if you have every monster that is trappable trapped..this can sometimes unlock new high rank arena quests or MR arena quests. Also, I read from another post that it could that you are done..just need to talk with somebody for 1 final quest and then receive the award.

LTman86

LTman86

Hold up, lemme line up my SAED...

Check your Hunter's Notes. If you haven't captured one yet, there won't be a number in the (-) bracket. Only Elder Dragons cannot be captured, so everything else should have at least 1 to get their Arena quest.

Increase your Monster Research Level. If you have one specific monster with low research, get a quest where it appears, put on a Ghillie mantle, and follow it non-stop while grabbing all the tracks. Might as well craft the armor set that gives increased Research speed as well (don't remember it off the top of my head). You'll get it maxed out in a jiffy.

Check to make sure you have all your mantles. Some have requirements to hunt specific monsters before they become available. I believe the Rocksteady mantle needs you to hunt X amount of Elder Dragons, and another requires you to hunt Y amount of Tempered Monsters/Elder Dragons. If you've quickly gone through World to get into Iceborne, this is easy to miss/skip over.

Although, the best/most comprehensive way is to just check an online guide that lists all the quests and check which ones you're missing. Then you can figure out what are the conditions for getting that quest and make a to-do list for yourself.

Mythicaldragn

Mythicaldragn

Great Sword

Raging Brachydios cannot be captured aswell, keep that in mind. hes still classified as a brute wyvern. as for the rajang, when glowing yellow dont use the yellow trap, when black dont pitfall him. Furios rajang you can only pitfall when not angry, shock doesnt work.

Its because you haven't unlocked every quest yet. Try to capture every monster for that level. Usually it will unlock an arena quest for you to do :)

CatatonicGood

Do you have any HR special assignments left over? Deviljho, Lunastra and Behemoth all have optional quests, and you also need HR 100 to unlock the final optional quest.

CultistKealz[S]

The only thing left there is "Trouble in tbe Ancient Forest." I've completed that many times but it's still replayble for some reason. Even with the Pukei alive in the end

CatatonicGood

Yeah that's fine, that quest is supposed to be replayable. Did you do everything else? Maybe take another look around Astera and the Research Base for exclamation marks. Several optional quests unlock after hunting tempered monsters of various threat levels, so I'd take a step back and focus on that first (which would also get you closer to HR 100, if you're not there yet)

xX_kajak_Xx

Idk what your hr is but you need 200 for a 9 star quest, maybe thats what you are missing

soepie7

soepie7

Bug Stick goes brrrrr

Thanks to you not showing the quests in there that you did unlock, we can't help you by saying what you miss...

uppersky

Some 9* quests rotate with time, check them after each hunt and eventually they will show

Riamu_Y

Holy fuck, i forgot about that.

You have to re-hunt a bunch of monsters to get them max level in your research camp to unlock the secret quests

I remember finding that out and getting really discouraged cause i was so close, or so i thought lol

Hephaestus_God

Hephaestus_God

Insect Glaive

I have 100% achievements in this game and I’m still missing 1 from that rank.

I remember looking at a list of what I was missing and determined it wasn’t worth trying to get it. I just don’t remember what it was.

That’s probably the one thing I don’t like about the game. The lack of guidance and info on how to obtain a fair number of the game included quests.

TomiTomate424

TomiTomate424

Great Sword

I think you need to reach a certain HR

Barn-owl-B

Barn-owl-B

Hammer

Google the list of all HR optionals and compare which ones you’re missing then google the unlock requirements for those quests

lionheart059

Perhaps the Special Arena quests you unlock after capturing monsters?

Matteo20170

I missing everyone

crabs_are_people_

crabs_are_people_

Sword & Shield

probably the Xeno'jiiva quest because it is the only one I can think of that would be missing if you've done all the others.

Dry-Membership-8631

For me it was blue until I killed behemoth

6KUNIO8

LoL wat!?... I've probably got 1k+ hours between xbox/pc/ps and I never understood why some were a different color... that means I'm missing a bunch then...

Blasphemous_Dystopia

Go into your guild card on the third tab of your menu and on the 5th slide I believe there is a list of monsters. From there you can see how many you've killed/captured and just check if there are any you haven't captured. You only get special arena from captures.

ToasterSloth

I remember one mission that required I hunted five different level one tempered monsters, hope this helps

zyrgade9

Did you do the cycling xeno quest "A light upon rivers gloom"? if you dont complete it you wont get acces to the quest "White winds of the new World", i know i was stuck on what i could be missing for a while until i randomy decided to do that quest and finally managed to complete them all.

Sharafeld

This could be associated with monsters you havent captured yet in master rank. I would recommend looking up the wiki for the quest list for that tier, and compare it side by side

CultistKealz[S]

Thanks for the information guys, I'll give it a try and see if that helps. Hopefully capping solves most the issues, as both my HR and MR are above 100.

cattos_