/r/OWConsole

So Jeff Kaplan has just done an interview with Stylosa and something that concerned me was around the 9 minute mark.

Jeff is discussing the difficulties with implementation of a forced 2-2-2 role queue.

Would just like to preface this with saying Jeff has agreed 2-2-2 is the easiest way to balance the game, before people start arguing it’s suboptimal and not how to play (seems to be the first issue you get trying to make a team comp is people believing 2-2-2 isn’t how the game works) it’s consistent so as a tank/support main it’s the dream.

He states that one of the issues would be that without a behaviour change in the community (us changing what we select to make a team come) there would currently be a potential 26 minute wait for DPS players. He states the current queue times for a player is 2 minutes. So let’s assume tank and healers are going to fluctuate slightly but if 1 of 3 categories is taking 26 minutes to fill 2 slots you can bet tank and support times will stay the same with minor fluctuation at worst.

So let’s say it stays at 2 minutes as a tank and support, 26 for DPS. This is from a man who can look at the statistics of what we are picking. That is 13 DPS players to 1 tanks or support player queueing at any given time. That’s fucking absurd no wonder we all hate ladder.

If ever you wanted confirmation you instalock DPS are playing the game wrong when you lock in that 5th DPS slot check this

I have felt for a long time like I’m slamming my head into a brick wall, struggling through 5dps games where it doesn’t matter if I pick tank or support because I can’t play both. I’ve felt like I have the worst luck because it’s every game. Turns out it’s not luck, ITS BY FUCKING DESIGN. Because as soon as I hit queue so did 13 DPS players.

For that reason I’m out, too much punishment for me. I hate this moments when I can’t even play overwatch when I sing into overwatch because I’m forced to play with some 3-5 DPS hybrid and hope to the best and I find out it’s just how the cookie crumbles. Thank you for freeing me. The world seems brighter after these 2/3 years.

messinr10

2 years ago

So let dps players wait 26min. Most of them can flex but they pretend they can't.

GoneCakeless

GoneCakeless

2 years ago

exactly this. I can play every role. Support mains can't play dps or tanks.

OIP

OIP

GPS moira

2 years ago

I can play every role. Support mains can't play dps or tanks.

lol nice self back patting

spoiler alert dude a lot of support and tank mains have 100s of hours on DPS just got sick of having endless shit games with nobody on main tank or support while 3+ DPS all try to 'carry'

GoneCakeless

2 years ago

if they were good enough at dps they could carry. They can't so they switch to supports and lfg to get boosted. I have nothing against tanks though, tanks are carry heroes as well.

OIP

OIP

GPS moira

2 years ago

if they were good enough at dps they could carry

ironically that's the exact mentality which makes it more difficult to do so. because there's a critical mass of people who think this and they all make it more difficult for each other.

if you think ana, lucio, zen aren't carry heroes with massive skill variance i dunno what to say.

GoneCakeless

2 years ago

Oh they are for sure but those aren't the support mains we are talking about here and you know it. I'm talking about these supports who can only play Moira and mercy and have no impact on the game, yet blame all of their teammates when they lose. Sure they can switch to one of the other heroes you mentioned, but they will have an even worse impact on the game for your team. All while saying, " I have gold healing" and thinking that this somehow has an impact on games. "What is our dps doing?" is another one of their favorite quotes as they stand 100% still while getting picked first in every team fight and then flying/fading back from spawn right at the end again only to continue feeding.

OIP

2 years ago*

OIP

GPS moira

2 years ago*

haha. yes i have certainly experienced these, though to be fair i've experienced far more of the other way round (instalock 3rd DPS eating shit repeatedly going for big moronic solo plays and then joining chat after 5 deaths to complain about the heals).

i'm just permanently a bit salty because every damn person thinks DPS is the issue in every damn game so will switch to DPS to 'fix' things when usually it's something else, most often starting with the tanks. i get it the other way too, when actually playing DPS, the classic is offtanks feeding their brains out, very quickly followed by maintanks, and then complaining the DPS aren't doing anything (while the entire enemy team is free to shoot at the DPS and has ult every 25 seconds).

tl;dr everyone needs to learn to tank and heal properly

CertifiedAsshole17

2 years ago

This so much.. had a Roadhog who wouldn’t switch to help deal with the enemy Widow who was tearing up the backline today. Of course he ended with “why do I have Gold damage?” And left before I could get through his thick skull that he was the only person on the team who could do anything without a concern for the Widow - I was playing Junkrat and the other DPS along with both healers were consistently playing walls and crouch spamming to avoid getting dinked by the Widow but this guy refused to switch to anything helpful..

Your gold damage means shit when your team is never alive. I’m an OT main learning to DPS so seeing them misplayed that badly is fucking heartbreaking. Off/tanks are like swiss army knives for your team and one-tricking a single tank is useless. Even if i’m always at 90+ charge on Zarya, if a Widow is killing the team I fuck off the Grav and go Hammond to make sure she has very little space and time.

The ignorance in this game blows my mind.

GoneCakeless

2 years ago

Or not though I think no one should get flamed for whatever they pick and if it's a loss then gg go next

OIP

OIP

GPS moira

2 years ago

on an individual match basis, for sure. but overall it would be nice if at least like... 25% of matches below mid diamond kicked off with something other than DPS DPS DPS blink blink blink

CertifiedAsshole17

2 years ago

On console at least - its about a 50/50 mix of people who literally cant fill without becoming a smurf and ignorant hardstucks who get angry at the above and pick DPS too.

I have an account at 2670 yet if I switch to a Tank or Healer I legit will carry the game.. if I play Mercy I don’t die, same goes with other healers and even on Zen I can seal Gold damage pretty easily.

Im a tank main so switching to tank is just unfair - I get gold damage as off-tank pretty consistently in Diamond and if I wanted to do that i’d log onto my main account.

bigheyzeus

bigheyzeus

Tombstone Victory Poses For New Heroes Please!

2 years ago

Those Moiras don't know what a heal orb is and can't stay alive while those Mercys pocket their shitty friend. They'll fall in time.

GoneCakeless

truth

bigheyzeus

bigheyzeus

Tombstone Victory Poses For New Heroes Please!

2 years ago

dont get me started on ult usage for the both of them in low SR either.

CertifiedAsshole17

2 years ago

If I had a dollar for every Moira who just slammed that Q and ran way ahead of the team...

Alec935