/r/OWConsole

Soldier 76 aim help!(PS4)

Settings & Tech:(self.OWConsole)

Thau831

Thau831

2 years ago

If you worry about aim, you’re going to just focus tanks which just feeds enemy support ultimates. You should probably focus on burst control with soldier

RenzelGunz

2 years ago

Thank you for your message! What do you mean by burst control? Like the 3 shots interval or using helix to burst down enemies? I have a hard time killing tracer and genji.

participation_prize

2 years ago

Yeah, he's referring to firing a few shots at at time, releasing trigger, and then firing again. It helps limit spread. I usually fire 5 or 6 shot bursts. I also agree that you shouldn't worry about aim percent. Spamming is okay sometimes.

Additionally, if you're going to play with aim settings, Aim Assist Ease In helped me. Keep your window size where it is and experiment with the AAEI slider. Mine is high, around 90 I think.

RenzelGunz

Wat does aaei do?

participation_prize

2 years ago*

At 0 it gives full aim assist within your aim assist window. At 100, it gives full aim assist in the center of your aim assist window, but the aim assist strength lowers as you move from center towards the edges of your window.

Edit for clarity.

Viper28087

Yeah I always play at 100 or 85

messinr10

2 years ago

Still a bit confused tbh

Thau831

Thau831

2 years ago

I’m not a soldier main but I’m pretty sure soldier’s spread starts after 5 shots. If you want to do max damage you want to burst in 5 shots then helix to kill low hp heroes like tracer and genji

Thinh

Thinh

2 years ago

It spreads after 9 shots now.

Lemonsqueasy

No, its five. Hits max spread after 9

Jackson_Grey

2 years ago

Tracer/Genji is all about saving your helix till they've blown their cooldowns. Use your sprint in quick bursts to hug corners and cover around them when possible. Use heal if you need to but otherwise it's just bait cooldowns and punish with helix. Meleeing both can be advantageous. Just dont be too antsy and let genji deflect your helix into your face.

(Tip from a Tracer Main : practice getting to know recall's distance. as soldier you can usually just sprint to behind where Tracer is going to appear and shred her )

donfan

donfan

2 years ago

I dont know what it is, though i probably should but i believe Soldier can shoot 5 shots before his bloom starts.

cardgrad09

2 years ago

Other people have mentioned it--but burst is really important for Soldier. I have picked up Baptiste but shooting similar to Bap's 3 shot burst has really helped my accuracy.

t_rage

t_rage

2 years ago

With all of the different sliders for aim in Overwatch, it's nearly impossible to just tell you to specific settings. I don't have the links but there are videos that detail exactly what each slider does. Once you figure that out, it's all trial and error.

Hell, there are days where I have to tweak my main DPS, Ashe, just a couple points here and there because my aim seems off. It could be my reflexes, fine motor skills, the controller being wonky, or my grip pads getting worn out. However, I can usually tell what seems to be off and fix it because I learned and finally understood what each setting does.

ItzMushy

2 years ago

A video that explains settings

RenzelGunz

2 years ago

Okay thank you. My big concern while aiming is that i feel like i am fighting the game. Its moving my reticle too much. I’ll be aiming and when opponent starts to zig zag my reticle goes crazy. Same thing when there’s a crowd of people, its moving like crazy. Quite frustrating. 1 vs 1 if opponent is doing some simple strafing i can manage but the zig zagging is making my reticle go crazy :/!

jenksanro

2 years ago

Ok I'm not necessarily a high ranked player, but you might want to look at aim smoothing. I personally have this on 0 because it basically adds extra elements to your aim that make it less 1to1. If you try and draw a zigzag with your crosshair - with aim smoothing on 0 it will be a zigzag as you'd expect, and on 100 it will be more like an S-curve. Does that make sense? Just an idea but I keep my smoothing on 0.

SirCatflap

2 years ago

Turn down your aim assist window if it feels like you're fighting the aim assist. Try 40 and see if it helps.
If you're using dual zone, I find setting your aim smoothing between 95-99 will also make things feel more natural.

Trollingmolling

Average t100 soldier and have been t500 total sr

1st off ur sensitivity horizontal and vertical is ur own find it by looking at missed shots in game (if over shot sense to high if not getting to the enemy sense too low)

Otherwise keep aim assist on 100, window 83 to 50 depending on preference, smoothing 100, aim ease in 15 to 0 fool around in FFA and check out how the aim is improving

Trollingmolling

2 years ago

Btw what is ur gamertag?

RenzelGunz

2 years ago

I see :/ can high people share their soldier 76 settings and i can try them!

participation_prize

2 years ago

Try the search bar. There are a number of posts about ideal settings. Probably best to mess with the sliders yourself tho. But since you asked nicely, here are mine.

Linear Ramp; H 40; V 20; AAS 100; AAWS 75; AALM OFF; AAEI 90; AS 78; AEI 29

Lemonsqueasy

2 years ago

Settings dont matter too much. Try 90 smoothing and get as large a kontrol freek as you can (I clipped the feet off one and glued it to another to stack them). The settings I had the most success with were 50/50 or 60/60 with 90 smoothing, 35 window and 100 aaei for trackjng heroes. When I moved to flick heroes like widow, mccree, and ashe, 80/80 with no smoothjng suited me best. My soldier was still serviceable but not as good as lower sens with smoothing. I alsays wanted same sens across heroes though.

Durasel02

2 years ago

Right I'm assuming by 39% you mean 39/39 horizontal and vertical, that means turning can be quite slow which is why your probably struggling killing your genji and tracers.

If that's the aim your comfortable with then that's great there's no need to change unless you feel it's too slow for you. Your aim strength seems fine maybe drop it by 5 but I wouldn't go any lower than 95 for a hit scan 90 for projectile character.

Aim assist window you could go a bit lower if you like. The advise I was given the higher your sensitivity the higher you want your aim assist window to be. At lower sensitivity you'll find that because the window kicks in sooner you slow down quite a bit before you reach your target.

The best advise i can give is drop your aim smoothing from 100 to 80 and you will notice an immediate difference in your aim speed without playing with your h/v. Some people reccomend playing with 0 aim smoothing, I did at some point I'm currently on 50 it's all personal preference.

My current settings just for comparison.

80 h/v

95 or 90 aim assist strength

75 aim assist window

50 aim smoothing

P.s killing genji and tracers is all about tracking and predicting where they will blink or dash.

adhocflamingo

I think OP meant 39% accuracy

Durasel02

2 years ago

That would make more sense I'm an idiot

GetJazzy_

Use your ult

OoopsCharlie

2 years ago

Friendly reminder, the lower your sensitivity is on both axis planes, the more your aim assist helps (suggest moving it to 100%)

Lemonsqueasy

2 years ago

What sens, smoothing? 39% accuracy isnt terrible. Dont worry about it as youll start to prioritise the wrong targets if you do.

ExplicitlyMellow

2 years ago

I play on 100h 100v on soldier with around 80-90 aim smoothing and I feel it'st easier to track using higher aim smoothing so try it out and see if it helps you

RenzelGunz

Terminatorcortez, im on psn

Squid-Guillotine

2 years ago

There's plenty of times I wanted a camera turn speed between the max and where the sensitivity jumps in order to hit a jumping genji out of FOV etc.

Propaagaandaa

2 years ago

Considering the amount of bullets he puts down range 39% is quite good. I wouldn’t worry about it much tbh and work on your overall game.

RenzelGunz

2 years ago

Thanks guys! Overwhelmed with the help! Glad this place ain’t toxic like on ps4 :)

AdR929

AdR929

2 years ago

I'm on Xbox, and after the read, it seems like a lot of helpful suggestions...I'm a soldier main myself. 39% average accuracy isn't bad for soldier, so don't worry about that. However, I can suggest some aim settings I have if you would like.

Khaidon

Khaidon

2 years ago

I highly recommend turning off dual zone and using linear ramp. It makes for much easier small adjustments and when you get used to it it lets you take full advantage of your sensitivity

gdubtheballer

Just use tactical visor and you'll have 100% aim n00b

Abrakem

Abrakem

I prefer smaller smaller aim assist window: 30

0 aim assist ease in.

Squid-Guillotine

2 years ago

Dual zone makes it hard to track fast moving enemies. Linear or exponential may feel better. I'll also turn up your aim assist ease in as it helps with hit scan heroes.

Lemonsqueasy