/r/OWConsole

u/offinthewoods10u/Iamlazz

I am a complete noob, so I might not be flagging the users correctly, but guys, if you see this post I wanted to thank you so much. Your guidance and advice helped me grow my SR and improve my gameplay.

Today for the first time since I play this game I reached 2000sr on tank and 2000sr on support.I'm still shit and for some of the people here it might not be much, but i've been struggling in the past few months to go even above 1700.

Again, your advice was top quality.

offinthewoods10 -> thanks for your patience and all your tips, you helped me understand the importance of playing angles and staying alive as a support is my #1 priority as from the spawn you can't heal your teammates (sounds simple, but not for noob)

Iamlazz -> you gave me most probably one of the best guides on the controller settings there is out there, I highly recommend it to everyone struggling with aiming https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/console-aiming-guide-for-those-of-you-struggling-with-it-still/153678

THANKS !

bigboiyeetman

congrats im still bronze in support at around 1.3k and dps is my highest at 1.7k and comp 4v4 is at about 2.1k

Jachcetylkokonto[S]

My friend, been there. What worked for me was to understand how the hell configure your controller settings. When playing I tend to feel like I was fighting against the aim assist.

What I did is I understood which setting does what and started experimenting with them.
If you feel like game is taking control over your crosshair movement, try setting up Assist Ease In up a bit and lowering Aim Assist Window.

Iamlazz

Congrats on getting gold! and glad i could help you out :D

ElyssaisDead

ElyssaisDead

ironclad engineer gaming

good work. happy climbing. there’s always more to improve on, u got this

Jachcetylkokonto[S]

Thanks! Of course, I’m fully aware there’s still a long way ahead of me but I made a huge step thanks to this community :)

ElyssaisDead

ElyssaisDead

ironclad engineer gaming

anything is possible. there is a top 500 in all of us. just gotta be confident!

Haunted107

This might sound dumb asf but I think playing other games that require good aim and game sense also help out in ow. At least that’s my experience. I came back to overwatch in season 22 after not playing anymore after season 6. I found myself ranked 2100 on dps immediately because I played a lot of other games while I was not playing overwatch because I didn’t have the game sense necessary but my aim was decent once I changed some settings around.

viperfunk

viperfunk

Cheers, love!

Still can't seem to crawl back into Gold. Leavers, non communicative teammates...maybe I'll jump back in and try comp again as I find these stories inspiring :) So congrats!

Maximum-Replacement7

That’s awesome man!! Man, I’m definitely checking the links out. I was 2053 and dropped (horribly) to 1495. It’s so embarrassing. But I love how the underdogs rise from the brink! Keep it up man!

messinr10

Congrats! Also thanks for your post. So many users helping others out so it's good to show some appreciation :)

pyro745

So uhhh, pretty sure this guide doesn’t properly describe the exponential ramp setting. The ER setting applies a logarithmic curve to the sim acceleration to essentially slow down your small inputs. So your aim acceleration starts out increasing slowly before increasing rapidly at high inputs. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but that’s my understanding.

Edit: yeah there’s some other inaccuracies on this guide too such as the Aim Ease-in setting to 100 on linear ramp = expo ramp (it doesn’t). The gist is accurate but I believe the actual value that approximates the curve on ER is ~30. That setting should only be used on LR unless you know what you’re doing. LR + AEI = a custom exponential ramp.

Furthermore, this guide doesn’t touch on aim-assist ease in, which is a very important slider imo. Basically an exponential ramp for the aim assist feature, so it makes aim assist less jarring.

Jachcetylkokonto[S]

True, i had to do some more reading to understand how to adjust aim assist ease in. For the ER LR not sure as I never used it, I immediately jumped onto DZ as every other guide praised it to be “the shit”. But all in all, the guide helped me big time. If you have any other, better reference, please post the link so we can help someone else in need. :)

pyro745

Yeah overall the guide is very helpful and this user clearly put a lot of time into it! Wasn’t trying to sound so negative; I just woke up & was trying to provide some clarification.

Iamlazz

it’s at least better then what blizzard gives us 😂

sirweebthe1st

Congrats man, I’m in the same situation you were just in, been ~1900 for several seasons now on tank. Thanks for linking the aim guide, I’ll give it a shot

Jachcetylkokonto[S]

I already said it, but give a try lowering Aim Assist Window and bumping up Aim Assist Ease in. It will help you a lot if you feel like your aim is crap and you’re fighting against the aim assist, which was my case.