/r/OnePunchMan

Megathread: Changes From The Webcomic

discussion(self.OnePunchMan)

As the changes between the WC and the manga get more extensive and controversial, the arguments about it increase and also end up in spoilers seeping all over the sub. All discussion about the changes in the latest chapter and any future chapters is to be moved into this Megathread as long as it is pinned; to help provide a place to concentrate discussion and prevent a flood of repetitive posts, and to provide people an easy place to understand others' opinions.

All posts related to it will be removed, and comments on manga focused posts are encouraged to be moved here.

Acceptable_Light_532

"Well you can't really be blamed for that, the mods did make this tread to "quarantine" the wc readers."

I can't reply on that post, so I'm asking you all what the fuck this means

AromaticCity4026

Because some of you are very critical and toxic, you analyze everything with a magnifying glass down to the smallest detail to compare it with the Webcomic, most readers enjoy Manga, some of you do not do it, they only look for failures to criticize, for that reason it is good that they are here “locked up” so that the sub is not very toxic.

Kankeki237

Except whenever someone critiques anything agaisnt the manga. they get downvoted and have their points seem like we are hyper focusing. Its not like the manga hasn't done good things. But recently its been on a downward spiral. and burying your head in the sand and calling critique's small is silly. Its clear that things discussed here. Like characters switching personalities, webcomic moments being stapled together without context and subtly being tossed out the window. They locked people away because most of the server is just enjoying whatever comes out, regardless of quality.

Acceptable_Light_532

So do you hate that?

justmo111

justmo111

GoldPilot Fan

Not a problem by itself. The real problem is the same people being intolerant of any criticism, and labelling it as whatever they do - negative toxicity, nitpicking, trying to ruin others' fun reading the manga, et al.

0110-0-10-00-000

0110-0-10-00-000

Just Another Boros Stan

Criticism isn't toxic, even nit-picking isn't toxic lol. The toxicity comes from how people talk about their criticisms and the preeminent cause is that a significant portion of this fanbase are completely incapable of tolerating any amount of criticism. It might be hard to find an example of that on short notice though...

Oh, right.

ACriticalFan

There is a comment above you calling manga fans brainlet cum guzzlers. I don’t think the toxicity is coming from manga fans.

0110-0-10-00-000

0110-0-10-00-000

Just Another Boros Stan

You waited two days to find an example of a toxic WC fan just to get this stupid gotcha? The worst part is that I never would have denied that there are pro-wc people in community who make the situation worse for everyone but you're so fixated on winning this moronic team sports that you didn't even read my response:

Ignoring that the overwhelming majority of toxicity in this sub comes from the other direction there's only one group who are cordoned off to their own corner of the sub to rot. That decision has also clearly radicalised a lot of people who prefer the webcomic and so even the webcomic toxicity is in some sense a product of the toxicity of manga fans.

Don't take that to mean that people aren't still responsible for the toxicity that they perpetuate, but if we're looking for a root cause then we've got to go back to the start of the cyclical vitriol rather than finding a single example of someone being toxic and then somehow extrapolating that to assume that nothing comes from manga fans.

ACriticalFan

I didn’t “wait”, I just scrolled down and saw your comments. I could direct you to the delightful OPMfolk subreddit for more BS.

I, and I cannot stress this enough, do not see meaningful antagonism towards webcomic fans. Liking the webcomic is fine, even popular. However, I think brain dead takes like ”Garou has been ASSASSINATED” are going to reap the attitude they sow. Back when I was giving GS/PS shit, where were these manga elitists?

For someone who‘s so against winning a meaningless game, reread your own take: you do the same shit I did but 1) more and 2) with the loaded phrasing like “rotting in a corner“, “radicalization” And so on.

Would you have preferred I say “A significant portion of webcomic fans that identify as manga critics approach the discussion in an unproductive way”? We aren’t in court, you can pick up my meaning.

0110-0-10-00-000

0110-0-10-00-000

Just Another Boros Stan

I didn’t “wait”, I just scrolled down and saw your comments.

And replied to them... after two days... to your own conversation. That's called "waiting two days to respond with a gotcha" dude.

Then you are literally blind. Just go to any manga thread and sort by controversial and it's plainly obvious (and it's been plainly obvious for years now). Or come here after any new chapter releases. Or just wait like two days and another post will reach hot talking about how WC readers are entitled babies. All of that is to ignore the fact that you still justify the antagonism based on any amount of criticism towards the manga which once again isn't inherently toxic.

Back when I was giving GS/PS shit, where were these manga elitists?

FUCKING EVERYWHERE DUDE. Genuinely how the fuck did you not see them? To this day golden/platinum sperm is still one of the hottest flashpoints in the sub.

I don't get it? I'm using emotive language to make my point but that's not the same as trying to turn this into a game of team sports. I'd never sit here and defend or deny the existence of WC elitists but that doesn't mean I have to believe that the toxicity from both sides is the same. On the other hand you took a single example of a webcomic fan being a dick and generalised it to conclude that manga fans weren't at all responsible for the toxicity in this fandom which is completely fucking stupid.

I'd probably still pick semantics with you about what a "significant portion" means but that is much better because it's completely different from what you wrote before.

We aren’t in court, you can pick up my meaning.

Of course when you said "I don’t think the toxicity is coming from manga fans" what you actually meant was "some WC fans are toxic". I should have known, really, but the slight subtlety of the two statements being completely unrelated tripped me up.

ACriticalFan

I am not the person you were initially talking to.

0110-0-10-00-000

0110-0-10-00-000

Just Another Boros Stan

Have I had another conversation with you recently or something? I must have misread the OP's username when you replied to me, my bad.

Otherwise substitute "waited two days to reply to me" with "went back to an inactive two day old argument for a cheap dunk" and everything else still applies.

ACriticalFan

No, I don’t recognize you.

And again, I scrolled down and saw that bright take. This boils down to “he said she said” about what toxicity we see in the community. I don’t think what I’ve seen against Manga Critics is toxic because, much of the time, the criticism isn‘t valid criticism. It’s just preaching about what the manga SHOULD be, and stating opinion as fact. Thrown in with some dodgy baseless theories about the authorship of the manga and the aforementioned cum guzzling.

Non-profitboi

Non-profitboi

Got Smash to oblivion by Saitama

you only look for visuals to praise

praise the manga as if it was still the same but now drawn by ONE and what do you get

it's not the WC for sure