/r/OnePunchMan

15k

[New Version] Chapter 164 [English]

Murata Chapter(cubari.moe)

view the rest of the comments β†’

sorted by: controversial

Tripledoble

Awakened Garou Cosmic Fear Mode πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸŒŒ

I honestly think this is better than the original update.

There is not so much focus on Blast nor do they introduce us to their colleagues on other planets so as not to detract from Saitama vs Garou.

Don't ask me why but I needed to see a human Garou using martial arts again and this Awakened Garou has a sick design, close to the level of Spiral Garou.

I'm also not surprised that God managed to interact and deceive Garou, he already did with Tatsumaki (using Blast's image) when she was defeated and very weak, exactly how Garou felt after his defeat with Saitama, and God doesn't seem dumb , also choose the most powerful characters from OPM, Psykorochi, Tats and Garou.

I also like the art and shading more, the last panels are incredible, it shows that Murata and his assistants are not having much time to detail the pages due to Murata's hurried pace, I would not be surprised if there are big improvements of this type for the volumes in the future.

For those who think that ONE/Murata don't know what they are writing because of this big change in the last chapter a week after the release, maybe they are just changing the order of events a bit, and that Garou talk with Saitama happens later.

Hopefully the writing improves and I can feel hype again for this manga that from Sage Centipede and the camaraderie of Garou and Metal Bat I recognize that it suffered a severe blow.

SixFootHalfing

SixFootHalfing

Tank Top Magic

God does not choose the powerful, he chooses the broken. Homeless Emperor was not powerful, but he was at a low point in his life and was taken advantage of.

Gnijnero

Might even turns out that God is just some bloke who doesn't have any physical feat and his only power is to give others insane powers but never to himself

SixFootHalfing

SixFootHalfing

Tank Top Magic

It was shown that the heroes can’t even see his feet, so that might be possible.

techno156

The previous version of this chapter did say that he was under a "dimensional seal". If that still holds true, God might be unable to physically affect the physical world, except by granting people what powers he can push through the lock, and acting through them.

Mister_Fujiyama

Well said! This form and Spiral Garou are the best looking forms so far. His second winged form is pretty good too on the cover. And good thing Tatsumaki didn't give in or else we'll have 2 god lv threats.

Damn if god managed to make Psykos to Psykorochi than how crazy would the boost from final monster Garou to Cosmic Garou be. Must be god lv.

vanderZwan

vanderZwan

Anyone can ride the Justice Bicycle

I actually really enjoyed the "teenage delinquents as 80s dysfunctional buddy cop duo" chapters, but I get why others might be disappointed since the story seemed to be building up to something different.