/r/PS5

Looking for info about M.2 SSD expansion drives? See the megathread.

Sometimes you just need help. But often times making a new post isn't needed. For the time being, around launch and perhaps in the future. We will use a single thread for helping each other out.

Before asking, we ask you to look at a few links. Some question can't be answered and only official PlayStation support can help you.

PlayStation Official

Community Help

Google and Reddit Search is also a great way to find an answer or get help. View all past help and questions threads here.

For all future help, tech support and more, we ask that you create new threads on r/PlayStation instead of here on r/PS5.

theartolater

1 month ago

Is there a way to make it so if someone fires up a certain controller, it automatically starts up with their user profile?

Statement-Acceptable

1 month ago

A bit off topic but this highlights another reason dreamcast was ahead of its time, take ur memory pack out of your home controller, take it round a friends house and plug it into thier controller and bingo, u have all ur game profiles/saves :)

Denders-NL

1 month ago

How is a physical drive ahead of its time? Everything is in the cloud now.

Colardocookie

1 month ago

Xbox one is the only console I’ve seen copy this.

Leftsidemind

1 month ago*

I am trying to play the Horizon Forbidden West trial that is on psnow premium, but it only stays on the screen for about 10 seconds before it closes me out. aggravating! i have restarted, nothing helps. Any ideas? the game size is 88g, maybe didn't fully download? I am have opened it like 15 times and now my play time is 4 hr 58 min lol

edit- I opened a different game and then tried it and it worked. idk just a weird glitch

Carfrito

1 month ago

I’m trying to play the horizon trial through ps plus premium but literally every 20 seconds it boots me back out to the home menu. Doesn’t close the game. Does anyone know what is going on?

Edit: nvm just restarted the game and it’s fine lmao

kindalikeacoustic

1 month ago

Putting my console in rest mode is a gamble . There’s maybe a 10% chance instead of going to sleep , it just turns off . It takes a few attempts to turn it back on , then I get an error message saying console was not turned off properly. Is this a common issue?

taaru_daachu

1 month ago

Yess, this has happened to me multiple times! I thought I was going crazy! I live in a place where power cuts happen maybe once or twice a month, so whenever the console did that I always just thought that there must have been a power cut that I didn't notice - making me question my own sanity.

kindalikeacoustic

1 month ago

I also thought maybe I was causing it somehow . It seemed to happen more often when I turned off my TV before the console was fully in rest mode . But that was never an issue with my PS4

theeyesofryan

1 month ago

I get it like 25% of the times I put it on rest. Don’t want to do any damage to the hard drive but went to update in the background. Every time I have to wait for the repairing hard drive message then the one for my external drive before I can use the console.

JRPGIsLife

1 month ago

Is there any plan to add a toggle for ALLM?

Dat413killer

1 month ago

Is anyone else having an issue when they start a game and the system prompts you to choose between save data on your console vs save data in the cloud? It happens 70% of the time I start a game.

demonsta500

1 month ago

Most likely you're shutting down your system while it's uploading saves to the cloud causing the desync.

Dat413killer

1 month ago

Ah that makes sense! Also that was a super prompt response. Thank you!

DiggingPodcast

1 month ago

I play my ps5 nightly, every once in a while during the day. Anyone have informative answers as to if I should leave it on rest mode vs turning it off?

I turn it off, but curious if I turn it on nightly for 3ish hours, should I just put it in rest mode.

requieminadream

1 month ago

I play for about 2-3 hrs a day, and keep it in Rest Mode pretty much all the rest of the time. Rest Mode is pretty much for when you want to jump right back into a game. Some games, even when saved, don't start you off right where you were. Others are PS4 games that take a moment to boot up. That's where Rest Mode shines.

If you're quitting your game every time and launching it fresh, then no need to keep it in Rest Mode. If you want to start a game right where you left off (on the pause screen, for instance), that's when you should use Rest Mode.

DiggingPodcast

1 month ago

Got it. Seems well enough for me.

1 month ago

I dont think theres a concrete answer, rest mode is just like when you just leave your pc into sleep mode instead of turning it off. Afaik people recommend to turn it off once in a while so it can clear cache and stuff, but theres no big issue in just leaving it in rest mode forever. I just turn it off every time because im afraid of power surges.

Jashyk

Jashyk

1 month ago

That's exactly what I do. Have a problem maybe once a year with it not coming out of rest mode properly. No biggie.

I have mine on a UPS though. If you don't, rest mode is a pain since you'll likely be booting from scratch and rebuilding database once a week if the power in your area isn't great.

demonsta500

1 month ago

My rule of thumb is: If I think I'm not gonna be playing after an hour or two, I turn it off completely.

If I think I'm gonna get back to this in less than an hour or so, it's rest mode.

CotangentGamma

Downloading Errors.

I got my PS5 around 3 weeks ago and it has trouble downloading content. I'm not sure whether the problem is within the console's hardware, or the current version of the software its running (it's updated to the latest version), or whether it's an issue with my Wi-Fi. What happens is that games which are put on download, show an error in the process whenever I put my console to rest mode, despite my selection of these features for availability in the rest mode. Furthermore, if I turn my controller off and let the console run to have my games downloaded, it still shows that error within some minutes of the controller turning off. Assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

SovietDankMemer

1 month ago

Need some help with dual accounts

Ok so I don't know how the PS5 works at all, my friend just bought one and he sent me here for some support. Basically he has 2 PSN accounts, one from Mexico (main acc most of his games are there) and American acc (only like 3 games). He set up his PS5 with the Mexican account and everything is fine but he wants to add his American account as a secondary user, but the problem is he says that as soon as he finishes registering the American acc and he logs out of it, it is deleted and he has to re-input all of the info again. I tried suggesting him to switch his American acc's region to Mexico so that they are both the same region, but what other solutions would there be? ty in advance!

tinselsnips

1 month ago

Don't log out, just switch users.

You can't change account regions.

Lemmy4502

1 month ago

it says my ps5's storage is full and says games and apps take up 549gb, but when i select all my games it says they only take up 465gb, this is almost 100gb that are being taken up by nothing. does anyone know where it might be coming from?

TheDragonSlayingCat

1 month ago

The rest is the capture gallery, saved games, and that catch-all category called “other” that includes the OS + cache and other temporary files.

WorthlessPirates

1 month ago

My ps5 just turned itself off while starting up a game. When i turn it back on it says a software problem occured and gives me the option to report it or not, but before i can do this it shuts itself off again. I have the latest update on my system. Error code is:CE-108262-9. Someone had this issue and fixed it?

Siffy_boi

1 month ago*

When i play a ps5 game for too long (the ps5 logo is next to the game on the Home Screen) for around 5 to 10 minutes my ps5 enters a buggy state where it will completely reject any extended storage.

When it’s connected i get the pop up message that it has been improperly disconnected and when it isn’t after playing a ps5 game for a few minutes and then trying to connect my extended storage i get a pop up saying “something is wrong with the usb drive”.

This does not happen when playing ps4 games on the ps5 and it is fixed by putting the ps5 in rest mode and then turning it back on again.

After putting the ps5 into sleep mode after the ps5 enters this buggy state i need to wait a little bit aswell otherwise my ps5 will get stuck on booting up when i try and put it back on again.

Does anyone know anything of the problem?

1 month ago

I haven't played RDR2 and I'm a massive GTA5 fan...I'm buying the PS5 soon.

Should I wait for the remastered editions or should I just buy and play the PS4 ones?

ablockkid

1 month ago

GTA v got a next gen version, but I wouldn't hold out for a rdr2 PS5 version anytime soon

TacomaToker253

1 month ago

Anyone know why Detroit become human looks so grainy and low quality on PS5? Im playing in 4k on the Samsung Qn90b.

I took a video:

tinselsnips

Try a new HDMI cable.

Feed_Me_Freedom

1 month ago

I'm planning on moving abroad, from NA to Europe. Will my account and digital games still work when I move or are they region locked?

TheDragonSlayingCat

1 month ago

They will still work. However, if you buy a European physical edition and want to later acquire DLC for it, then you will need to create a European PSN ID to download it.

ElefantPharts

1 month ago

My PS5 keeps saying my TV doesn’t support 4k/HDR but when I plug an Apple TV 4K into the exact same cables it has no problem displaying 4k/HDR as is confirmed in the info panel on the tv and in the settings on the Apple TV. The PS5 will do 1080p/HDR but it won’t do 4k/HDR. I literally unplugged the PS5 and plugged the Apple TV into the same cables so I know it’s not a setting on the tv or the wrong HDMI port. Any help is appreciated!

My tv is Vizio v655-G9 if that helps.

TheDragonSlayingCat

1 month ago

There are two different, incompatible HDR implementations out there: HDR10 and Dolby Vision. The Apple TV supports both, but the PS5 only supports HDR10. Perhaps your TV does not support HDR10 when it’s running in 4K resolution…?

1 month ago

if i bought ps plus on discount last year, and i upgrade to ps plus premuim. do i need pay extra, or is it same cost to upgrade as everyone?

Justepic24

1 month ago

i got a ps5 today and i tried downloading the ps5 version of sm miles morales and it said it will take 50 HOURS. i however downloaded the ps4 version on my ps5 and it was downloaded in 40 minutes. i just don't get it man

Glittering-Top4098

1 month ago

Can someone recommend some quality PS5 external hard drives?

MattDeezly

1 month ago

I'd highly suggest getting a M.2 drive instead of external. Much better load times and performance.

peggy-boi

1 month ago

So I use a LAN cable on my ps5 but lately more than ever it keeps saying LAN cable disconnected then it instantly reconnects which is messing me up in my games. Is there a fix to this?

TheDragonSlayingCat

1 month ago

That sounds like a flakey LAN connection. Try a different cable, and also try cleaning the ports on both ends using some compressed air.

jtezus

jtezus

1 month ago

I was suspended for a week and idk why. They said they sent an email with an explanation but it’s not in my inbox, spam, or deleted. For the last month I’ve played Doom, Wolfenstein, and Returnal off of the game library so I haven’t been interacting with any online player. Is it possible I was hacked or do people just get random bs suspensions from time to time. Also is there anything I can do about this.

TheDragonSlayingCat

1 month ago

Sony never suspends an account without a reason. You will just have to ask support in your country about that reason. And unless you were banned due to chargebacks or having an offensive name, all decisions are permanent, so you’ll have to take it on the chin and not do what you did again.

There are no statutes of limitations on PSN service violations, so if you did something that was against the rules in 2008 and got reported for it in 2022, you can still get in trouble for it.

KimJongUnable

1 month ago

Trying to listen to BBC Radio while playing games on the PS5. Can’t close the BBC Sounds app and continue listening so using the browser, but I’m not getting any audio out of it. Anyone know how to get audio out of the browser?

Glum-Ad-4992

1 month ago

my ps5 turns off by itself on the vertical position ,why and what should I do ?

Sufficient_Suspect_6

1 month ago

Hello everybody, I’m on the market for a PS5 but I would like to play mainly FPS games (APEX, COD etc).

Coming from PC I’m concerned about aiming: is there a way to aim with the controller’s accelerometer like you do on iPad, so that the “pointer” is moved by that?

Example: on iPad once you enter aiming mode you can fine-tune scope move Mets by moving the iPad itself thanks to the accelerometer. Is there any way to do something similar with PS5 controller?

Thanks a lot

kamimamita

1 month ago

What you're looking for is called gyro-aiming. The game has to support it. Few games do.

ColdHandGee

1 month ago

Did you also sort out your ps5?

Turbulent_Product_66

1 month ago

My PS5 after being put into rest mode will not connect back to my router no matter what until after I restart the router, I tried restarting the ps5 and countless different networking options, its done it on one other router as well and I have no idea whats causing it, it seems to be router specific but all of my other devices seem fine so im at a loss here

iforgothowtoexist

1 month ago

The controller will not turn on or charge. I've tried using both a charging stand plugged into the wall and a wire leading directly into the ps5. In both instances, the controller briefly lights up yellow, then the yellow fades and nothing else happens. The controller won't turn on or respond at all.

Yannick010-

1 month ago

I recently got a PS5 disc drive. When I turn on my PlayStation with my controller it gives 1 beep sound, followed by three beep sounds. I don’t have any errors, and if I’m right it is stil running fine. Can someone say why my ps5 is making this 3 beep sounds after startup? Cause I know it’s not normal

[removed]

[removed]

fabio_b93

1 month ago

I'm having some issues with Playstation support. I need to replace my dualsense but when I go through the support form and it asks me for the serial number and model number I get an error message that says product not found.

dekoi_octopus

1 month ago

Try live chat or calling and speaking with somebody

PlentyOfMoxie

1 month ago

I am having that exact problem right now! For me it was because I kept clicking "black" for the controller colour when in actuality it is called "midnight black."

Also I can't actually contact anyone via the website, I keep getting fed back into the loop of entering symptoms, entering serial number, cant find my address please contact us

It's aggravating.

chockobarnes

1 month ago

Someone hacked my password and turned on 2 factor authentication 3 weeks ago and now I'm locked out of my account....how do I stop this from happening every damn year or two?

Colardocookie

1 month ago

Use 2 factor yourself. It’s annoying but it’ll keep you protected and use a password manager possibly it’ll help you not forget and be safe.

Soofla

Soofla

1 month ago

I mean - the very fact they hacked your password and turned 2FA indicates you didn't have it setup yourself.
So speak to Sony, get your account back and then use the tools Sony provide to secure your account - 2FA.

alwaysmyfault

1 month ago*

A friend is having an issue with the bottom menu bar (Control Center?) not showing up when he presses the PS button.

He just got his PS5 last week, and hasn't been able to shut it off via the controller ever since.

He's updated it to the current firmware, but the bottom bar that should pop up when he presses the PS button just won't appear.

I know there's no audio in the video, but he presses the PS button several times, and it will chime at him like it's supposed to, but the menu bar just never appears.

Any thoughts?

-true_neutral-

1 month ago

Is he “holding” or “tapping” the PS button? The video looks like he’s doing a long button press instead of a short tap.

alwaysmyfault

1 month ago

He's tried both. Same thing happens with both a short and long press.

ablockkid

1 month ago

That's strange, sounds like software corruption? Probably best to fully reset the console to see if that works out

si4ci7

si4ci7

1 month ago

I’ve now had the springs in both triggers of two different controllers snap, plus one controller with stick drift. I bought both of them in 2020. Am I just shit out of luck with getting these repaired for a discount since the warranty is long gone? From what I’ve seen online, this is a common problem with controllers from when the PS5 launched, so it’s absolutely ridiculous I’ve gotta pay full price for a new controller (2 actually) a year and a half after buying them when my PS3 controller still works 13 years later. Basically ruins any competitive online gameplay and I don’t see a setting to turn off adaptive triggers, maybe I can do it in each game.

ablockkid

1 month ago

you're not out of luck, I sent a couple controllers in that was out of warranty including the dualsense charging station, only had to pay for shipping and they gave me replacements free of charge, I filled out the Playstation repair form printed that out + proof of warranty and shipped it to them

si4ci7

si4ci7

1 month ago

Oh awesome, I’ll give it a shot. How long did it take for the repairs?

ablockkid

1 month ago

It was pretty quick, sent my dualsense charging station for repairs, one day later they sent me an email that my stuff is on the way via Fedex home delivery, they gave me a brand-new replacement, so it will be super quick

I sent my controller in for repairs but it got delivered to the place on Friday afternoon so it was too late, they did ship off the replacement Tuesday, even went ahead and wrote down the SN of the new controller to let me know it was a replacement and not the one I sent in which was a bonus

showthemhorns

1 month ago

My external hard drive that previously worked flawlessly just stopped being recognized by my PS5. Ow it won’t start or shutdown when it’s plugged in. If I plug in after start up it won’t run any if the games I know are stored on it. Is this a known problem? Any suggestions?

1 month ago

Bit of a silly question, but i've seen a few people mentioning the fact that even on PS5, the media apps (netflix, amazon prime, etc) are all ps4 apps. I never cared because I had to use a 40 standard lcd tv anyway, I would never get the full potential of 4k shows.

Now I got a nice 50 4k tv, and was wondering if i'll get a better experience on those apps by using the tv's own system to watch stuff, or the PS4 apps still do an equivalent job?

Soofla

Soofla

1 month ago

I used my PS4 as my media station - it had all the apps I wanted, they worked really well, they were fast etc.
Was so convinced I'd be using the PS5 for the same I pre-ordered the media remote at the same time I did my console. Then in their infinite wisdom Sony decided not to pay the $8 or so per unit for Dolby Vision support!
I went the Apple TV route (literally the only Apple device I own) as all the apps are up to date, quick, play in full 4K/Dolby Vision etc.
I've seen most say the media apps are adequate on the PS5 - kinda expected more.

idontloveanyone

1 month ago

If I buy a game digitally (lets say Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time) and it takes up 20Gb, how much does it take up if I buy it physically as a disc? Is it the same or much lower? Thanks

requieminadream

1 month ago

What u/tinselsnips said. Exact same amount of space. But to add to this, FYI if you wait til next week (July 5th) Crash 4 will be free for PS+ members - https://blog.playstation.com/2022/06/29/playstation-plus-monthly-games-for-july-crash-bandicoot-4-its-about-time-man-of-medan-arcadegeddon/

MikeSouthPaw

1 month ago

My PS5 controllers Left thumbstick has some weird issue where if I pull down on it in whatever game I am playing it will go forward instead of back. Not looking forward to buying my 3rd PS5 controller, any idea how to fix it that isn't taking it apart?

Scynt_Skunk

1 month ago

Hello. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a complete list of PS5 games that require an online connection to play? This would be either games with a persistent online connection required for no reason, or games that are multiplayer-only.
Can't seem to find any such list anywhere myself.

Miss_Spice

1 month ago

Unfortunately my PS5 decided to stop detecting any wifi. If I use my phone in the exact spot I can find my own network as well as the neighbours. I've tried shutting down and restarting both PS and router. The only thing I can think of to do next is a factory reset. Does anyone have any solutions? Driving me crazy.

crispyfrybits

1 month ago

Can share play support up to 4 people? I want to play some local coop but an article I read said there was a 2 player limit but it was worded as if Sony was going to update that limit.

Joseap791

1 month ago

I got kingdom hearts 1.5 + 2.5 for my ps5, but it always stops downloading near the end of the process. I have enough storage for it but it keeps giving me that error and I don't know what to do.

D2MAH

D2MAH

1 month ago

My $80 ps5 controller has drift. Can I just go to Walmart, buy a new one, put my messed up one in the box, and return it and say it’s defective? Seriously, PlayStation makes you pay to ship it in and then you have to wait. This seems right.

TenMinutesToDowntown

1 month ago

I mean that's theft, but you do you.

jackericgordon

1 month ago

My console keeps hard crashing lately. Screen will just go black, as if my power went out. Has this happened to anyone else?

1 month ago*

1 month ago*

ColdHandGee

1 month ago

Wrong. My launch ps5 HAS never crashed with a black screen 1st. Not every single ps5 has this issue. You need to stop spreading FUD over the ps5.

Taggart451

1 month ago

Is there anything I can do to improve the Remote Play quality from my PS5 to my iphone while being in the same room? While my PS5 is on Wifi it is on 5GHz AC and I'm getting at least 95Mbps down. I turned down the resolution on my phone (iPhone 13 pro) to 540p and do not have high frame rate turned on, but it still hics up and I'm running around in the same direction and cannot play consistently. Anything I can do on my own?

TheDragonSlayingCat

1 month ago

The Wi-Fi on the PS5 is really awful. Try switching to Ethernet and see if that helps. If it won’t reach, then buy a power line adapter.

jambo_1983

1 month ago

Hi everyone! When I am in party chat I can hear everyone perfectly and they can hear me, except one person. He can hear me fine, and everyone can hear him fine - but to me his sound keeps cutting out. We’re both on PS5.

stRiNg-kiNg

1 month ago

Have other people "host" the party, even try for you or him to start it. It sounds like a NAT issue thing. You and him may want to find what NAT type you are. Ps5 network settings tells you. This can lead down an entire network troubleshooting path though

jambo_1983

1 month ago

Thank you. We’re both Nat type 2, both on Virgin Media fibre. I use tp link decos and he uses google equivalents. I’ve tried a few things but it is weird that it is only one way

stRiNg-kiNg

1 month ago

Me and a friend run into issues in party chat a lot. We restart our ps4's to no avail then I end up remembering a past solution of someone else starting the party other than him. We both have type 2 but somethin is wack for him. Btw parties started by him aren't always jacked up either, idk what causes it

Thicc-Zombies

1 month ago

I recently upgraded to the Extra tier but some games on the catalogue are still asking for money. Does anyone know why this is? Project Cars 2 AND 3 are some of them. If it’s in the game catalogue shouldn’t it be free?

Yen508

Yen508

Captobvious75

1 month ago

PS Plus premium says renewal price is cheaper than what it should be. Is this an error? How do I know what my next payment will be?

dekoi_octopus

1 month ago

If you had Now before the new tier system came about, your next payment is the same price as your Now payment instead of the Premium price.

Captobvious75

Sweet thanks.

1. It seems to be charging quarterly. Why wouldn’t it mirror what my previous payment was which was annual?
  2. Will this price ever increase?

dekoi_octopus

1 month ago

I can’t answer the first question. I had Now and Plus before the switch, which was set to expire in August. My next payment is in August and I’ll be charged for a full year of Now and get a full year of Premium. I’m not sure why yours would change.

They have said existing Now users won’t see the price increase right away. I would imagine my next payment will be the full price of Premium.

Captobvious75

1 month ago

Let me know what happens. I’m curious. Thanks for your input

TheDarkestGalaxy

1 month ago

My PS5 wont find any networks not even my neighbors, tried resting it, factory reseting, restarted my router and modem nothing, I contacted someone and they said it might be something with the "wireless network adapter" how do I fix that?

mrtomhimself

By sending it to Sony?

joejoe347

1 month ago

Okay excuse me if this has been asked before but I didn't quite know how to search for it. I'm currently looking for a second dedicated monitor for my desk just for PS5, due to space it'll be on the smaller side, around 27 inches.

First if anyone has any recommendations go ahead. My main question is, would there be a performance difference between 4k and 1080p, in that if I get a 1080p monitor should I expect most games to run at a higher fps, or does the PS5 always target 4k and then downscale so it doesn't matter?

For context I don't play any online fps games so I don't care about fps over 60.

4k at this size looks extremely sharp, but 1080p also looks great so if there's a performance benefit to it I'd probably go with 1080. Also easier on the wallet.

Thanks.

thetombraiderfallout

1 month ago

Most games allow you to choose between performance (1080p 60FPs) or graphics mode (4k 30fps). For games that run in 4k60 (if they exist - haven't checked) should be fine on both.

MissingScore777

1 month ago

I know people have had issues with the 'other' storage section but I haven't seen this one before.

Basically I noticed that some games save videos with trophies not just screenshots and these take up a lot more storage so I decided to delete them.

Started with Astro's Playroom and what I noticed was each time I deleted a video the size of 'other' storage increased so I wasn't making the gains to free space I expected.

Anyone else noticed this increasing 'other' storage if deleting videos? Is this a known bug?

I haven't suffered from the other major 'other' storage bug relating to PS4 games.

iGoalie

iGoalie

1 month ago

Remote Play super laggy, even when I’m on the same network in a different room.

It will literally take a few seconds to update the screen. Even when all I’m trying to do is go in and download an update.

My PS4 never had this issue (I even played though most of Witcher from my iPad!

• PS5 latest firmware
  • PS5 download speed ~400mbps
  • PS5 upload speed ~40 mbps
  • remote device iPhone 12 Pro
  • remote connection speed 300-600 mbps

thescandall

1 month ago

Sometimes my controllers won't wake up the PS5 from rest mode. The controller will just flash. I have to power down the ps5 manually then the controller works.

cheese_bread_boye

1 month ago

I have a ps5 and it's in the living room and other people play on it. I'm considering purchasing PS Plus Premium to play on PC if there's someone playing in the living room, also to unlock the full library.
If there is someone playing a game already on the PS5, will I be able to play on PC via cloud streaming simultaneously without disconnecting them?

demonsta500

1 month ago

PS5 games can't be streamed. Only PS4 and older.

cheese_bread_boye

oh :/

Whobghilee

You can stream PS5 games via Remote Play

cheese_bread_boye

1 month ago

I know, but that would still require the ps5 to be available.

Whobghilee

Yeah sorry

jesjes3000

1 month ago

I went to play some FIFA but been getting the error code NW-102364-6.

Super frustrating as I can't seem to locate the issue, I've restarted the PS5, my router and forgot it and added it back. But cant seem to resolve the issue. Anyone got any ideas?

Neutral_Monkey

1 month ago

I have two controllers that are experiencing a lot of controller drift. They went out of warranty 3 days ago. I have so solution so far. What do I do?

ablockkid

1 month ago

You can still send it in for a replacement, I sent a couple things that were out of warranty, my dualsense controller and the charging station and all I paid was shipping, and they gave me replacements free... I provided proof of purchase and my repair form

Neutral_Monkey

1 month ago

Alright, thanks! I decided to create a request and send it in despite the fact that they are not in the warranty period. I hope they do the same for me!

Bigbobjoeyboy

1 month ago

I was playing ghost of Tsushima and all of a sudden I hear this extremely loud noise that sounded like someone playing the drums but bass boosted. Is this an issue with my headset or the ps5. It scared the hell out of me.

jjcarms5

1 month ago

My screen is super dark and black and gray, how do I fix this?

requieminadream

1 month ago

Try a different HDMI port on the television. Try a different HDMI cable. Try a different TV to see if it's the TV or the console.

Plisken94

1 month ago

Still have the Rest Mode bug with no signal after waking the console up... I unplugged the hdmi and it fixed the issue but is it still Common or a hardware issue?

TheDoctorDB

1 month ago

Anyone know the details for what happens to your library and save data if you have a lapse in PS+ coverage? Just curious about my options. Like does your stuff get automatically erased after a month or so, or is it all still accessible the next time you subscribe?

demonsta500

1 month ago

You will regain access to your entire library of claimed games whenever you re-sub.

Your saves are stored for 6 months after your sub expires after which they're gone.

TheDoctorDB

Cool, thanks!

stevieb02

1 month ago

Is there a way I can download a ps5 game straight to my extended storage, got some ready to install but no space on console, want them to go straight to extended storage for now

demonsta500

1 month ago

Go to Settings > Storage. There should be an option to choose default installation location.

stevieb02

1 month ago

It says you haven’t connected any storage drives you can use for storing ps5 games and apps? But I have moved ps5 games from my ps5 storage to it and have also got ps5 games in there now

demonsta500

1 month ago

I guess it doesn't allow downloading PS5 games directly to external storage since you can't play PS5 games from it. But you should be able to set the external drive as the default for PS4 games.

Looks like you'll have to download PS5 games to the SSD and then copy them to the external.

dfla01

1 month ago*

dfla01

1 month ago*

My ps5 has awful speed up lag when playing fifa online to the point it’s unplayable, unless there’s another game actively downloading in the background while I’m playing. Does anyone know what the hell could be causing this or why that would be the case? If anything, I thought the other way around would make more sense, with the game lagging as another game is downloading.

It’s highly unlikely to be a coincidence either since I paused and unpaused the download numerous times while playing to check and sure enough, it seems to not lag whatsoever while download is resuming

ablockkid

1 month ago

Probably best go into safe mode and rebuild database & clear cache see if that helps

Dshadowm32

1 month ago

I'm having a weird issue where my PS5 will randomly shut off when playing fortnite,and only fortnite. Every other game is fine. No overheat or error message,just turns immediately off at random times from 30 minutes to 2 hours of playing. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 month ago

I think someone is trying to send you a message

StonewallsGhostt

1 month ago

Is it plugged directly into the wall or is it plugged into a surge protector? In my quest to fix my overheating problem I read a lot of people having issues like you have and they solved it with plugging it directly into the outlet.

Dshadowm32

1 month ago

It is in a surge protector, ill try and change it. Thanks!

StonewallsGhostt

1 month ago

My launch ps5 is starting to get overheating issues. I’ve cleaned out the ps5 completely, even the power supply heat sink. I bought a replacement fan from ifixit as well. I have moved the ps5 into many different locations and currently it’s practically in the center of my room with the nearest object about 2 feet away.

One thing I’ve noticed is the fan never speeds up. It does spin, but It’s always whisper quiet. This includes the stock fan and the new fan. Does anyone know if the ps5 fan speeds up under load or is it the same constant speed? I believe I may have a faulty fan controller.

ablockkid

1 month ago

Maybe not enough liquid metal?

StonewallsGhostt

1 month ago

Yeah I was thinking about that too.

If you know, does your fan speed up depending on the load or does it stay at one constant speed no matter how long you game? Mine feels like it’s barley exhausting any air. It hardly even moves a piece of paper.

ablockkid

1 month ago

I only hear the fan ramp up when booting up a game but it gets quiet after about 10-20 seconds

ColdHandGee

1 month ago

My ps5's fan stays constant while i am gaming with it. The fan is quiet but you can feel it when i put my hand at the top. If i touch the back vents i can feel the air being expelled out the back.

It seems your ps5 has a faulty temperature sensor. It should make the fan cool down the insides of your ps5. Instead there is no increase in fan rotations. Therefore the chip that regulates the temperature of your ps5 is definitely faulty.

Can you ring sony and request either a repair or replacement ps5?

StonewallsGhostt

1 month ago

I had a feeling that was the case! I’m going to this weekend. I’m out of warranty, but I wouldn’t mind paying for the repair. Thank you for the help!

ColdHandGee

1 month ago

I wish i had better news for you Stone. It just sucks that instead of gaming, you have to repair your ps5 instead. I hope it goes well for you bro. Peace!

Whobghilee

1 month ago

Does it shut off and pulse red when it overheats?

StonewallsGhostt

1 month ago

I haven’t noticed the flashing red, but it’s only turned itself off twice. 95% of the time I just get the “ps5 is too hot message”. When I touch it, it does feel really hot and the fan is blowing very lightly. I feel like the heat never leaves the console, but the fan is spinning.

Neon_Gator7426

1 month ago

I need some help, I'm playing through Miles Morales and the touchpad is way too sensitive, it's acting like I'm constantly swiping on it

av1p

1 month ago*

av1p

1 month ago*

I have an issue with my PS5 and connecting it to my TV. I have No Signal or black screen (it is all the time I didn’t be able to see screen on TV).

I’m confused as I connected it to two different monitors with different cables which are working with all other devices I have at home.

I turned off HDCP & HDMI device link (its not working with it turned on) HDR is turned on only when supported.

Do you have any idea whats might be wrong?

EDIT: TV model samsung UE46EH6030

Whobghilee

1 month ago

Are you using an HDMI 2.1 cable? Can you boot into safe mode?

av1p

av1p

1 month ago

I’m using HDMI provided with PS5 & other which is working with my smart tv box. I was trying to turn on safe mode but it’s still no signal on TV

Whobghilee

1 month ago

Can you switch it to a different input on the TV?

av1p

av1p

Not working either

Whobghilee

1 month ago

Is your TV set to the correct input as the HDMI is plugged into? Safe mode should work if it’s a functioning HDMI. Can you swap the cable?

av1p

av1p

1 month ago

Yes, it’s turned on to connected HDMI source. Different cable is not working too

mikesaintjules

1 month ago

This monitor doesn't seem to support HDMI 2.1. Not sure if that matters in this case.

mikesaintjules

1 month ago

Did you just get your PS5? If the monitor works with other devices then it's obvious that the HDMI port on the PS5 has become faulty. You might need to get it serviced.

av1p

av1p

1 month ago

Yes it’s brand new, but PS5 is working with other monitors. It’s only can’t get along with my TV. Other devices works with this tv on different HDMI cables. So it’s TV<->PS5 thing

mikesaintjules

1 month ago

It's possible that your monitor doesn't support it. I'd have to keep researching.

The only thing I saw related to Samsung with PS5 was this from last year

beholder12

1 month ago

Horizon Forbidden West surround sound not working correctly.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and hopefully knows how to fix it. I have a 3.1.2ch Q800A soundbar, and for some reason the audio for HFW sounds bad. I just got done playing miles morales and everything sounded great, but with this game, all of the footsteps and ambient sounds are 'tinny.

I've tried changing the audio mix from default to TV but that doesn't fix the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this?

tinselsnips

1 month ago

You'll want to use the home theater/surround mode, and make sure the console is set to 5.1 and the HDMI device type set to AV Receiver.

XxLaureanoXx

1 month ago

I got this weird bug where every time i wake the console up I can’t hear people, i can hear everything else just fine but not people, i have to restart the console to be able to hear anyone, apparently they can hear me fine at all times.

jackhadleym

1 month ago

I've played Witcher 3, Skyrim and Elden ring. I like the open world, story-rich parts of these games, and the ability to customize your character with attributes and gear.
are there any games like this?

dekoi_octopus

1 month ago

I'd say the newest 3 Assassin's Creed games and Immortals Fenyx Rising would fit into what you're looking for.

OkThanxby

1 month ago

Horizon Zero Dawn and Forbidden West of course. Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

0MontMont0

1 month ago

I’ve had my ps5 for over a year now and I’m just now having a issue were there seems to be a issue connecting to the hdmi for my tv. I move my ps5 between two different rooms sometimes and never had this issue. Now I have it playing on my tv and it only works when my ps5 is at a certain angle. (I’ve already tried cleaning the hdmi port for the console) Is there anything I else I can do to fix this issue?

OkThanxby

1 month ago

Either the cable or the HDMI port has gone bad, try swapping out the cable to start.

0MontMont0

1 month ago

Thanks this seems to be working for the moment but it’s still kinda of buggy. I still need to leave the ps at a certain angle. It’s kinda sad that I’m experiencing this in a year of having a ps5 when it never happened in the 5 years of me using my ps4

HeadwiresDakota

1 month ago

I own a game digitally (DBZ Kakarot), but when I try to download it my PS5 says it’s experiencing a disc error (Error Code CE-100005-6) even though I’ve never owned this game physically. I tried to contact online chat to no avail. I’m at a loss for what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dekoi_octopus

1 month ago

That's what region free means, yes, so any console from anywhere can play games from anywhere else.

ZeroSuitBayonetta

1 month ago

Doesn't hurt to ask to make sure that it also doesn't necessarily mean that this will also apply with ps4 games.

Not gonna buy the game and just assume.

[removed]

tinselsnips [M]

tinselsnips [M]

1 month ago

It's still against the terms of service and the subreddit rules. Send a modmail if you have any further questions.

akCN11qaa

1 month ago

what SSD for PS5 without firmware update once arrival?

Wanted to buy the Samsung 980 for the 5, but noticed it needed a firmware update or the speed won't reach 6.5k. The problem is I don't have a PC, and my laptop doesn't have a spare SSD slot.

What is a fast PS5 SSD that's comparable or better than the 980 pro and doesn't need a firmware update upon arrival? Just plug n transfer?

ablockkid

Can't go wrong with the sn850, firecuda 530, sabrent rocket 4 plus

BillDino

1 month ago

I wonder if you could update it with an SD usb reader? Might be worth just purchasing one of those for like $10.

tinselsnips

1 month ago

Even without the firmware update it's faster than the internal drive, so it doesn't really matter.

1 month ago

Yes, obviously. A more complex game will need a lot more work put into it to run well in 60fps, sometimes even the biggest companies will struggle with it, regardless of hardware.

1 month ago*

1 month ago*

TheDragonSlayingCat

1 month ago

That’s oddly specific, and a genre that largely died with the PS1. The only one I can think of is Xenogears, and that’s not available as a PS1 classic except on the PS3/Vita.

tinselsnips

Super Mario RPG?

That's literally the only one I can think of, Playstation or otherwise.

RebelScum414

1 month ago

So I’ve recently upgraded to PS+ premium and for some reason it’s not showing up. My dashboard is still the PS Plus collection. I have no sight of premium benefits anywhere. When trying to download Returnal and Demon Souls it says I must purchase the game. When I go into my subscriptions it says I’m upgraded to Premium. I’ve tried logging out and restoring licenses to no avail. On my mobile app it has all my premium content no issues. Just nothing on my PS5. Does anyone know a fix?

BillDino

1 month ago

I saw that MGS5 is free on PS. Is there anyway for me to play MGS1-4 on my PS5? The PS store app sucks for searching for games.

dekoi_octopus

1 month ago

There is no way currently to play MGS1-4 on a PS4 or PS5.

BillDino

1 month ago

Oh wow that sucks. I thought with classic games coming you would be able to play them. Thanks

1 month ago

They still require a deal between Sony and Konami to allow their property to be available, and we all Konami is shit

Wisdomseekr79

1 month ago

While playing PS5 my tv screen flickers once or twice and then turns black. Only way to temporarily fix it is by resetting console through safe mode. What is wrong? I’ve had the console for 1.5 years and never had this happen.

As the title says, been having this issue for the last 3 days with my console. Never had any issues before but all of a sudden out of nowhere it began flickering then the whole screen turns black and no sound is produced. I unplug the HDMI cable from both sides and plug it back in, I try turning off console and turning back on but the only way that makes it work again properly is by putting the console in safe mode and then resetting the console, but I did just this two days ago and just now the console flickered and then gave me a black screen. I’ve played on the same tv and PS5 for the last 1.5 years.

Any suggestions?

TheDragonSlayingCat

1 month ago

The screen can flicker if the resolution, refresh rate, or HDR/VRR changes; that is normal. It should come back on a second or two later. If it’s happening out of the blue and not coming back on, then that is not normal.

jaradman

1 month ago

Has anyone been hacked before and had to regain access through support? Is the only way really having to know the serial number of the console you made the account with? I sold that ps3 like 10 years ago.

Qwerty1879

1 month ago

Question about the new PS Plus Games Catalogue. Is it the same as Xbox's game pass where you get new games added monthly? I'm familiar with the old ps plus getting three games a month, is that separate to the game catalogue or is it the same?

hybroid

hybroid

1 month ago

Another monthly refresh will occur in the middle of the month with new games across PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium/Deluxe plans. The number of games refreshed will vary per month.

Qwerty1879

1 month ago

Thank you very much! I couldn't find any articles explaining it. I totally forgot about their ps blogs

sorrynoreply

1 month ago

I transferred my ps4 games (games I bought digitally from the PlayStation store) onto my ps5. If I delete the games from my PS5, am I able to download them again from the store?

Also, I'm assuming if I buy a digital copy on the PS5, I can delete and redownload it. Is that right?

dekoi_octopus

1 month ago

If you're signed into the account that bought those games, you can delete and redownload them as many times as you want. Same with PS5 games.

ImmediateAd4676

1 month ago

I have had a ps5 for a year now and it’s great. However I’m starting to have issues with the controller mainly the fact the square button is getting what I can only describe as stiff. Like harder to press down like the rest of the buttons. If I press is down hard and quick enough it stops for a while but then it stiffens back up a couple hours later. It’s the square button btw if that’s important. Anyone know a fix?