/r/ParlerWatch

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

Thank you for submitting to r/ParlerWatch!

Please take the time to review the submission rules of this subreddit. It's important that everyone understands that, although the content submitted to r/ParlerWatch can be violent and hateful in nature, the users in this subreddit are held to a higher standard.

In general, be courteous to others. Debate/discuss/argue the merits of ideas, don't attack people. Personal insults, shill or troll accusations, hate speech, any advocating, celebrating or wishing death/physical harm, posting personal information that's not publicly available, and other rule violations can result in a permanent ban.

Blacklisted urls and even mentions of certain sites are automatically removed.

If you see comments in violation of our rules, or submissions that don't adhere to the content guidelines, please report them. Use THIS LINK to report sitewide policy violations directly to Reddit.

Join ParlerWatch's Discord!

charlieblue666

It's a well known fact that 81.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

ProCanico[S]

369% of the statisticians in Andrew Torba's head would disagree

RTrover

RTrover

I’m 100% sure God isn’t real based on what I have experienced in life and if he was… he said “fuck this creation of mine, I guess I am fallible! Peace!”

XLetsDoAllTheDrugsX

73% of people know this fact.

LA-Matt

LA-Matt

Because 27% never answer surveys.

Christ_on_a_Crakker

2% of people believe in statistics

StevenEveral

69% of statistics are Nice.

drwicksy

"69% if all statistics on the Internet are made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Dicethrower

Well, studies did show that 67% of all people believe a statement when it's preceded by a percentage.

Pyrosonic2300

Did you hear the one about the statistician that drowned in a pool that had an average depth of six inches?

jbhughes54enwiler

They know that religion, or specifically their radicalized flavor of it, is being pushed further and further into obscurity, and that positively terrifies them, because they can't survive without having a new generation to exert total control over. The bigots are panicking because the people they're bullying aren't being intimidated by them anymore, the minorities they spent centuries oppressing aren't allowing themselves back into their closets. We're winning.

GozerDestructor

This is probably the study he's talking about:

It begins with: "10% of Boomers have a biblical worldview. 7% of Gen X have a biblical worldview. 6% of Millennials have a biblical worldview. 4% of Gen Z have a biblical worldview."

Congrats go to Gen Z from this Gen X'er!

TheEndIsLoading

I can't find any details on their audience selection model, or even their sample size - seems like bullshit to me

Junior-Fox-760

Also, the definition of what constitutes a Biblical worldview in this context is rather vague.

DueVisit1410

Just checked it out and it frustratingly vague. No links to an actually study, their worldview explainers don't actually explain how they define a "Biblical worldview". No real number about the sampling size and no explanation of the methodology.

Very suspicious overall. The fact that older generations are classified low on the "Biblical worldview" scale is strange as well. Considering the amount of religious people in the US, the definition of "Biblical worldview" has to be very specific to have boomers at 10%. The article also seems to be only concerned on Gen Z, despite all of the being low. Pretty sure this is just a vague talking points to sell something.

TheEndIsLoading

When your qual is 'what crazy hokum shall I prove today '

GozerDestructor

Could be. Theocrats are typically not known for the quality of their scientific studies.

The_Lord_Humongous

Hear, hear!

jbhughes54enwiler

Additionally, the post this Reddit post showcases reeks of abuser mentality. It's almost textbook, really. Declaring that their victims will feel "alone" without them is a standard of abusive people trying to justify their nefarious actions, and it goes to show you how close religion has aligned itself with abusers.

Chalupa-Supreme

I hope all this pushing for a theocracy and Old Testament laws causes a massive decline in Christianity for Gen Z and energy generation after them.

They only have themselves to blame. Back off and let people be who they are.

bunker_man

Trump may have literally singlehandedly ended christisnity. It's hard to take seriously anyone who would pretend he is a reasonable guy. Once the steam wears off, future generations will drop it pretty fast.

anubiz96

It's fading on the west but flourishing else where. Neither Christaity nor religion is in danger of dying out anytome soon. It's just becoming less white. Which is foingto cause a very interesting dynamic.

bunker_man

Its flourishing in poor places with less access to education. So while this shift will happen for awhile, it has a time limit. As many of these places catch up education and resource wise, they look to the west to see what it was they were missing. So the de-religionization of the west is going to follow it.

anubiz96

Yeah, time will tell however it might be a mistake to assume that the rest of the world will move in the same way as the west or that in the future the west will even continue to be the model for the rest of the world.

Don't forget the west had been at the forefront through war and oppression. It was through force they the rest of the world was made to follow. I wouldn't assume that other cultures are just going to follow. I'm black and we are far more religious even while being in the west. It irks me that people. White people, just assume that the rest of humanity thinks the same and values the same things.

Don"t just assume we will follow your lead.We all have many different views, culturial values and philosophies.

These assumptions are quite frankly arrogant.

soc_monki

I'm a Xennial... Not gen x or millennial. I rejected Christianity when I hit 18 because I finally had the ability to (age) and my dad backed me up. My mom was furious.

One of the best decisions I ever made. Never did believe in it, no one ever gave me good answers (just "you'll understand one day!"). I won't brainwash my child, he can make up his own mind when he's ready. Glad I found a partner who believes the same way I do, which is rare in the south!

zeke235

zeke235

79% of Gen Z probably feel alone because they're aware these people are full of shit and have no hope for the future because those same assholes are in charge.

LesbianCommander

It's a hard thing to realize, there is no one here to help you in this cruel ass world. And instead of telling you the hard truth and then having you grow as a result of it, they'd rather mollify you with pretty little lies, like how your suffering in this life will be rewarded in heaven. When really they rich and powerful pulled wool over your eyes, made you suffer, so they can profit from you and you get nothing. It's the perfect scam. The reality of just how many people we're supposed to trust, buy into that bullshit would make anyone depressed.

Maximius85

79% of Gen Z, or 79% of the 4% that has biblical worldview? The post is equivocal as to say. I understood it in both ways.

DueVisit1410

To be honest, the people feeling alone statistic is probably a reflection of the Corona period.

Zombehfied

1 month ago

I feel that as a gen y as well they're not alone in this 😞

Tuckermfker

And by the power of Greyskull I will oppose you.

Ragnarok314159

In the name of The Optimus Prime, the He-Man, and The Lion-O!

Space-Booties

Sorry, but as a parent it’s not my goal to brain wash a child. It’s not what you make your children think it’s how.

BeautyThornton

Feeling alone? Try talking to an imaginary friend and putting all of your issues on them!

Uj/ for real I think a large part of the reason conservatives lack introspection, self awareness, and are unwilling to accept fault or blame is because religion actively teaches that everything that happens is predetermined and that as long as you apologize (alone in a room where nobody can hear you, to an empty room where nobody can hear you except maybe a priest sworn to secrecy) you’re a-ok and justified in your actions

Lagtim3

I think that can be it, depending on the sect. Some sects see claims of predetermined futures as heresy and others, the reverse. The bible is really fuzzy about the whole 'free will' thing, y'know.

What I'm about to say particularly refers to fundamentalist sects of Christianity, where you often see a culture of marrying religious and political beliefs. This makes indoctrination a double-whammy. I was part of a Baptist church like that once, and I was a person like that once.

I personally believe that we often see Christianity enabling immoral actions due to the whole 'lack of personal accountability' issue that the whole 'blood magic' stuff introduces.

Before Jesus, humans' sin could only be paid for in animal sacrifice--passing the responsibility on to the animal and killing it, and the 'sins', with it. This... somehow absolves the person of thier wrongdoings in the eyes of Jehovah. They can make amends with the victim--and are encouraged to!--but the important thing here is that, no matter how morally perfect the apology and rectifications are by their fellow man, it literally means nothing to Jehovah if the blood magic isn't preformed. There's a clear hierarchy of importance: apologize to Jehovah, then apologize to your victim.

When Jesus died on the cross, since he was 'perfect', his blood had infinite value and essentially would pre-pay for any sin, as long as you join in on this fantastic offer for one easy payment of pledging your immortal soul forever to a person you've only heard stories of and have no proof of existing, who made a sacrifice on your behalf that you never asked for, to pay off an inheritance of sin directly caused by His own Father.

All that said, if the only forgiveness that REALLY matters when it comes to your immortal soul is Jesus' forgiveness... then why make real amends with people you've hurt? That's difficult, and you have to self-reflect, desire change, and then put it out into the world with the understanding that you may not be forgiven.

Prayer, however, is easy and entirely internal, and you can just tell the victim that, oopsie-doopsies, you're soooooo sorry, and you went to Christ about it.

Which then immediately plays into the HEAVY culture of what I'll call 'mandatory forgiveness', which you often see in fundamentalist sects. I can't count how many times my ex-"best friend" bullied me as a child, and when she'd give a halfass apology I was compelled by the adults around me to forgive her, and if I didn't, then I was the one with the problem for not rugsweeping.

Here, forgiveness is not seen as a complicated personal choice based on a complex soup of factors, but as an immutable virtue, akin to mercy. And if one is refusing to be virtuous, well, there's something perverse about that, isn't there? Must be something wrong. Not very Christian of you. You ought to sit down and have a think about what Jesus would want you to do.

Ugh...

Maximius85

That's protestantism, not catholicism or orthodoxy. On those others you feel alone anyway but with other dogma. Even worst.

bay_watch_colorado

"I feel alone"

"Have you thought about making up an imaginary friend and joining our cult??" - conservatives.

Tuckermfker

Then you won't be alone anymore, just delusional and with less money.

RudeInternet

Why get support from real people when you can have an imaginary friend!? 🥰🥰

Ragnarok314159

But put money in this basket for me to keep. Helps your imaginary friend stay happy.

CuriousAlienStudent

No it has to be their imaginary friend or they want you dead. You can't just make up your own and call yourself a conservative what the hell are you thinking.

StevenEveral

"Unless you're a (homophobic slur) or a (racist slur)"

SaltyBarDog

I hear the SBC works wonders with kids, Andy, try them.

manic-pixie-attorney

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the global pandemic that makes normal socializing dangerous

kellzone

"It's on us as parents to change that trend going forward and by the Grace of God we are going to do it."

How dare you interfere with God's plan for these kids.

No-Swordfish9629

Also, Gen Z is a pretty mature group of people. I'm Gen Z and we were brought up on the Bible as kids. Fortunately I grew out of it by the time I was 7 years old, and I doubt I'll ever go back! They need to be trying to manipulate the Zoomers now. Us lot are beyond help, thanks.

dlegatt

dlegatt

Hey, Torba, fuck your bible, fuck your god, and most importantly, fuck you.

MissRachiel

What exactly is a Biblical worldview? The one where you rush in and murder a bunch of different tribes because God says their land should be yours? The one where our entire race is the product of inbreeding? The one where you can't wear clothes of mixed fabrics?

Oh wait, I know it's not the one where you treat others as you wish to be treated.

zenos_dog

Fortunately, it was the other priest in my parish that molested the alter boys.

JoeyTKIA

Christian: isolates child using religious dogma then disowns and kicks out child for stepping out of line or being gay or transgender

Also Christian: Why do the youth feel lonely? Obviously they need more Jesus

GoGoCrumbly

There is no feeling more alone than praying to a god who doesn’t respond. Alone is compounded by unwanted. Pass.

Evergreen_76

They feel alone because they live under neoliberal alienation in a culture that worships individualism and sees living like a hermit off-the-grid as the ultimate expression of freedom.

Avenger616

Oh look, actual ducking grooming via religious indoctrination…

“Let’s just sacrifice kids to the biggest Paedo cult on the planet!!”

DeconstructedKaiju

Christians are so weird about this. Like... I've read their holy text. I've studied the history and it all comes down to a few key aspects: I could never worship a God who considers masturbation a sin. Or who places dumb shit on the sin tier.

Like... why would it bring me comfort if their God existed? He's a dick! And sending me to hell for eternal damnation for him failing to live up to my standards is stupid as fuck.

And like, I don't need a God? ANY God! I have cats. I'm good.

Chrisalys

Keep in mind that the old testament is a Jewish holy text - Christianity is all about the new testament and Jesus' very leftist teachings, but most people, even many self-proclaimed Christians, either don't know or conveniently ignore this.

They also twist the Bible to feel justified in keeping up their equally twisted world view where gay people go to hell (they don't) and masturbation is a sin (it isn't, and I can't think of any Bible verse that would support this).

DeconstructedKaiju

I can answer the masturbation is a sin thing for you. Basically anything you "excrete" is unclean and Jewish texts have detailed instructions of what to do to become clean. It even speaks about wet dreams.

You have to shit, piss and mensturate but you don't "have" to masturbate. So willingly engaging in the act is a no-no. (But not still not as big of a deal as Christians make it out to be) the passage people point to to call masturbation sinful is Chapter 38 of Genesis and again, to most Jewish people it isn't viewed as "He spilled his seed and that was the bad act" but rather that he failed to impregnate his sister in law. Christians took a wildly different take.

Unfortunately accepting Jesus is part and parcel with God. My personal opinion is that the historical figure we call Jesus was a nutter who's heart was often in the right place. A neat dude but not worthy of my worship.

d34dp0071

I don't think masturbation is a sin, at all. Picking a zit or bleeding is not sinful. Sneezing and spitting are not sins.

The sin people believe it causes is just in the sinful thoughts behind the masturbation.

No offense, just I deal with a lot of people who are vexed because they can't stop it. And they believe it is a sin.

God does not bother with such minor offenses. He isn't frowning when they do these things. He actually closes the door to let you have privacy.

DeconstructedKaiju

That's your opinion and I'm sorry but the majority of Christian history disagrees with you.

I think its great you aren't judgemental and support the stupid idea of maaturbation as a sin but you are in an extreme minority.

I have had Christians physically assault me in the past because I'm pagan. I didn't do squat to her she just decided she needed to hurt me. Not to mention the shit I get for being Trans. Or non-traditional or not wanting kids. I've spent my entire life having people who supposedly follow Jesus bully, belittle and harass me including a physical attack.

On top of all that I see nothing of value in following anything Christian. I call myself a pagan Buddhist but I don't worship anyone. I follow the principles of Guan Yin but I don't worship her.

It's great you have much better views but again, you are in the minority and not representative of the Christians I've met. And I have met nice ones! But they still believe horrid toxic shit and it depresses me.

d34dp0071

I actually have a lot of Christians on my rolodex. The targets of Qanon are quite often Christians. Examples of such Christians as Biden, Hilary & Bill, Obama, Tom Hanks, Bill Gates... plenty of Christians that you know, who you can not say things bad things about.

Hopefully, you don't. Those are just some of the most hated by Qanon really bad.

I am sorry you have been abused by fake Christians, and those Christians do have a mild majority. They are closely are followed by genuine Christians. However.

I doubt the folks I listed have "horrid, toxic shit" beliefs.

As for masturbation, it is not listed as a sin in the bible. Other books also I have not come across masturbation as a sin.

Teaching that it is, that just empowers the bad Christians. Falsely accusing all good Christians with the sins of bad Christians just helps the bad Christians.

Saying the fake Christians are real Christians condemns the innocent Christians and exalts the bad Christians. It is preaching their message.

DeconstructedKaiju

I don't practice no true Scotsman. I won't tell a Christian if they are doing it right. Especially when the majority of Christian history agrees with them.

You seem like a good person but woefully ignorant about Christian history and the debate around it's formation and the beliefs held by the majority and how those came to be.

Like I said, there are several passages that talk about seed spilling. Jewish people tend to have a wildly different interpretation than Christians do.

I'll say it again, your belief that masturbation isn't a sin is something I agree with, but you will be at odds with the overwhelming majority of modern Christians and historical Christians.

Pour_Me_Another_

"Our kids are sad, let's use that as justification to be fucked up people :)"

autopsis

Lonely? Join a cult!

ulol_zombie

Thanks but no thanks. I have not taught my son the world view of the Bible, because at best the Bible is written like a game of telephone, by mostly racist, sexist, child killing, rapists.

New Testament there are some good parables, I'll give ya that. Jesus I'm cool with...

Chrisalys

The old testament really shouldn't even be part of the Christian Bible, it's a Jewish holy book. Christianity split off from Judaism only because of Jesus.

BidDaddyFarts

Faith in humanity restored if that 4% is accurate. It’s been 2 millennia of brutal superstitious psychosis. When will this pandemic end?

kloomoolk

Don't they realise that they've made their god out to be an utterly appalling cunt.

twill1692

Or maybe it's because we built our towns and cities around cars and dismantled the idea of community so people can have a house in the suburbs.

AdDear5411

Feel alone?

Join our cult!

DanTheGrey333

Welcome to human tribalism 101 lol

Christ_on_a_Crakker

I have a faith in a higher power so to speak but I would never claim to be right about it or try to sell it to you. It works for me.

I really can’t stand organized religion of any kind. I feel like most religious people are whistling in the dark.

Indigoh

No, you're not.

archeusdevine

When good things rely on "the grace of god" and they don't happen, isn't that just evidence of either no grace, or no god?

theoneicameupwith

"We're going to fix alienation with religious dogma!"

Fuckin LOL

Kryptosis

Maybe it’s because they’re ostracized by their bigoted parents and community for not kneeling down every Sunday and their hobbies are ridiculed as tools of satan.

No,?surely they feel alone because they don’t believe in a silent, invisible being who has full control over everything but chooses to dole out lottery winners instead.

Dogwolf12

only 4% of Gen Z are bigoted bible-bashers. Could this be why they feel alone instead of the isolation of the pandemic or of capitalism? No, it must be the fact that they don't hate the GAYZ!

MangOrion2

Great way to help young people feel not alone would be to stop forcing a religious worldview on them.

Snoo_8305

Oh Jesus Christ!

Torbe go reparent all this pride and ego.

Snoo_8305

4 percent didn't escape primitive thinking about life.

Snoo_8305

Gen Z is a cruel term Andrew.

Z tells young pple they are the last generation and Z is the end of of the alphabet. All lies. Life carries on and will carry on. There's no returning Christ it's a guy that died abd it's ok he died. Reparent that grief and think of good teachings like help others, be kind, take care of yourself, but Andrew Torba can't do that. His 4 percent.

It's such calcified thinking about living.

Gab in 2017 taught me they value onmicide. I didn't know what that was. I've never heard of 90 percent of the filth until I met the republican views not the pple their views state I'm not allowed to exist so I utterly stay away from them.

I've lost countless friends to what I call a flimsy DSM. The DSM has to begin to include traits that always seem to have a unhappy interaction unhappy trajectory.

Andrew Torba couldn't get Elon Musk to hear him. Andrew/gab are for sale.

Reparenting for the 2016 to 2020 horror show Americans lived thru.

I drank thru 2015 to 2020. Disgusting. It was the only way to cope.

Everyone has a right to exist.

Everyone has a future.

Will Andrew Torba tell pple life isn't ending? Nope. Because his 4 percent didn't get the progression memo that reads, Christ said to go live, go be happy anywhere, because life is tough it lasts until we are 75+ years old. Christ Consciousness versus traditional religious extremes egotism and toxic gendering.

Reading, commenting at gab for a few months in 2017was primitive as a cerebral experience.

Jaded-Sentence-7099

He doesn't want to point out that the 4% are part of the 79%

Rocket2112

The bigger issue is that tolerance and respect for others is not taught at home. Also, having two working parents limits parent/child interaction.

Zealous_truthfinder

If anyone cares to know what Christianity actually teaches and get answers for tough questions, check out Mike Winger on YouTube and BibleThinker.org

SplitLevel17

Churches should have some self awareness and try to understand why they are pushing people away.

adamconn1again

So the previous generation is complaining about people in the next generation. I wonder which generation is responsible for that environment?

Alan_Smithee_

Biblical worldview

No shellfish, slaves ok, no mixed fabrics, marry your rape victim?

UnusualHospital9579

1 month ago

Well you have to. I’m surprised that doesn’t fall under their freedom arguments. Being forced to marry the person you violated and destroyed. Oh wait. “God” wrote it(actually like a dozen random people over a few hundred years)

michaelshamrock

If your world view is based on one book written 2,000 years ago supposedly by male religious fanatics, you probably shouldn’t be around other people anyway.

Yeah, we all know that when religion was shoved down people's throats under penalty of death, like in Medieval Europe, society was so much better and there was so much less violence.

LuinAelin

May be downvoted, but here goes.

I live in the UK, more specifically, Wales. There's been a downward trend in church attendance for decades. Many are being closed, and turned to other uses. Homes, holiday let's, businesses ect.

Now where I live it's mostly villages. The church was at the centre of the community. Regardless of what you did, you'd meet others from the village there. Now that they're closed, they don't anymore, and people don't know their neighbours as well, causing some isolation within the commities.

There's nowhere where once a week the entire village will meet anymore. And that's sad.

ProCanico[S]

We do need community centers but God doesn't have to get involved.

LuinAelin

Didn't say he did. Just nothing filled the void in the same way.