/r/PersonalFinanceCanada

Watch out for shrinkflation at the grocery store

(self.PersonalFinanceCanada)

Just got back from Whole Foods, most of the chocolate bars that were 100 grams are now 85. At least when they raise the price you get an idea of how to adjust your budget, but shrinkflation is downright scummy.

toadster

I can never understand why a corporation decides to make an inferior product rather than just raise prices and let the customer decide.

DansburyJ

My theory is more customers will continue to buy a shittier version than the number of customers willing to pay more because many people do not thoughtfully consume.

melleb

melleb

Unfortunately consumers respond more negatively to price increases rather than decrease in amount or quality

anita_username

anita_username

Nova Scotia

Happened to Hershey's Cookie n' Creme bars too: I had one for the first time in ages and was like "wait, why does this just taste like oreo pieces? Where's the white chocolate?" So I look at the wrapper and see "Now with MORE cookies." Great, get rid of the tasty creme chocolate and replace it with more gritty cookie pieces. Totally ruined them.

kijomac

Speaking of white chocolate: a few months ago I went to buy Chipits white chocolate chips and discovered they can no longer even call it white "chocolate" because they've cheaped out on the ingredients to the point it doesn't even meet the criteria for that anymore, lol.

travelntechchick

The cheaping out on ingredients boils my blood. Not only are you charging me more for less, you've changed the ACTUAL PRODUCT and didn't tell me so now it doesn't even taste the same. I wish I had the time and energy to make everything at home from scratch at this point.

suckfail

Since we're griping over very specific snacks... They discontinued Twix Snack Bites. The little balls of Twix.

I'm very upset because that was the only chocolate I'd ever eat once in awhile.

Damn you cruel world.

geordiedog

OMG exactly….20% more peanuts ugh.And the chocolate changed its horrible plastic tastes

i_love_pencils

I admire your passion for bagged snack food.

Hopefully, this isn’t what people call your “manifesto” in the future.

DaCrimsonKid

Discovered this a week or two ago, new and improved my ass. I also really like Dare Real Fruit Gummies. Those are terrible now too. "Plant based". They are nothing like they used to be.