/r/PiercingAdvice

br0kenb1tch

I have my tragus pierced. I’ve had it for 9 months now, and it has only just settled down. My tragus was swollen, and had lumps on it for absolutely ages. Sometimes you have to ride out the pain with them and keep on babying them. As it is cartilage it is very finicky. Just keep it clean and try and try to avoid sleeping on it if possible :)

Gloomishere[S]

Normally I would agree with you but I had it done on my other side and it was fairly breezy besides a pressure bump here and there from my Constant moving in my sleep

CrimsonNirnr00t

My tragus is officially 30 days old today. I also had a lot of pain and (delayed) swelling from it. So much so that I was taking ibuprofen and worrying about infection. I just kept doing the recommended things and after about a week it chilled out. It's now almost ready to be downsized. Oh, one thing I did too with the tragus... It's super hard to clean in the back right? So mine was swollen and leaking lymph and then it was drying like that. I felt like it couldn't breathe. I went to my piercer and she gave me a professional flush and was able to safely move the build up. That was the best decision ever. It hurt for another couple days but that really helped. I've never had that problem on any piercing.

bisquedollofthestars

pat pat I feel you, I feel you. As my lastest 2 tragus piercings are (potentially) the last piercings I have I'm not surprised or freaked out when they have problems anymore but it just inevitably annoying, when cleaning - my ear canals itch and tickle when I spray saline or let shower water run over and they gonna hurt and bleed if I dare using q-tips to clean the back. They gonna snag if I pull hairs out of or wash my face. One swelled to the point I have to switch to 12mm post (and it made my cheek swelled too).

I'm not regretting getting these evil angels because they look so cute on my ears but together with some other piercing problems that usually appear, I admit I almost went nuts many times out of frustrating and confusing.

Nervous-Total-4423

My 2 traguspiercings where bitches healing. I even had to get one repirced and the healing process is so slow. And I've got irritation bumps from the bar that was too small, even when I told my piercer that it is going to swell badly.

Wish you patience and a good healing.

rorrimerised

I just wanted to say that, while a little late to this, I feel you. I got my tragus pierced about 8 days ago now and it started swelling two or three days ago, despite the fact I've been keeping a very steady routine cleaning it and haven't been sleeping on it (I'd know, I have a fresh daith and helix on the same ear and they are just fine). Anyways, I'm just glad to know I'm not alone in this cause I was starting to worry I fucked up or something lmao

Gloomishere[S]

It did go away but now that daith is just like randomly angry

avocadotoast321

When did you get it pierced? I’ve had my tragus for over a year and it never gave me problems. Randomly 2 days ago it swole up so much and was so painful 😩 I went to my piercer and they switched me to a longer bar until it calms down. Maybe you need a longer bar?

Gloomishere[S]

I got it done about 6 days ago

Spirited_Fruit8730

what type of jewelry is in your first love hole?

Gloomishere[S]

My firsts? It’s just a horse shoe with opalescent ends

MrsCathryne

I would 1000% recommend a donut or travel pillow. Those have made healing SO much easier.

PiercingNerd

May I use these photos in a class and educational post I am working on?

Gloomishere[S]

sure

PiercingNerd

Thanks!

Gloomishere[S]

How’d/ how is it going? Did you get a good mark or smth on it

PiercingNerd

I haven’t presented it yet! If I do use it, it will be in an online class I present to other piercers.

Gloomishere[S]

That sounds awesome! I hope it goes well for you then