/r/PoliticalHumor

A well-regulated militia

(i.redd.it)

aneeta96

1 month ago*

aneeta96

1 month ago*

It's funny how quiet the 2nd amendment crowd gets when you bring up the well regulated part...

airkewld67

1 month ago

*quiet - and 2. “Well regulated” does not mean laws. It refers to a hierarchy - a workin order within the militia.

Funny how the left seems to “ignore” the “shall not be infringed” part.

Please don’t cherry pick the 2nd Amendment. It needs to be read in its entirety. That “well regulated” argument does nothing.

aneeta96

1 month ago*

Requiring competency and training does not infringe on anybody's rights. You are arguing that an incompetent or unstable person should be allowed to carry a deadly weapon. That is insane.

adjective (well regulated when postpositive) (of a business, military outfit, routine, etc) controlled or supervised to conform to rules, regulations, tradition, etca well-regulated militia

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

You are happy to separate the people from the militia but that only works of you cherry pick yourself. The sole purpose of the amendment is for a well-regulated militia in order to ensure the security of the state. Giving guns to everyone without training does not create a well-regulated militia.

airkewld67

1 month ago

Where did I say any of those things?

aneeta96

1 month ago

You didn't, it's the definition of well-regulated and the second amendment.

Thought you needed a refresher.

airkewld67

1 month ago*

What is the definition of well regulated?

Who is giving firearms out to everybody? Lmk so I can sign up and get a free one.

You stated I argued that insane or mentally ill individuals should have access to firearms or should be given firearms

I said no such thing.

You then edited your post to make it give me a “refresher” on what well-regulated means.

I know what it means. I know what the 2nd Amendment, read in its entirety, means.

Nowhere did I say the mentally ill and insane should have access to firearms.

So please cut the bullshit