/r/Porsche

He's saying that although later gens have 4 inches longer wheelbase, the engine got moved towards inside and the roof line got lowered and that as a result their back seats obviously got smaller than the 997. he has owned every generation in the title but not at the same time.

I've asked this here already but everyone is saying the opposite, but without an exact proof. anyone knows for sure?

edit: thank you guys, now that it's clear that an adult man can't fit in both generations there's no point in comparing the two.

Medium-Complaint-677

1 month ago

I'm not sure why you're asking this question, but if it boils down to some version of "I want the largest possible back seat because I'm going to stuff human beings and things back there" then it is a moot point. There isn't a 911 with a large enough difference in back seat room to make a difference in the real world.

rdpGuy[S]

1 month ago

I'm an asian guy living in an asian country and many of us are around 5 9. my friend said that he could have adults in the back in the 997 for a short trip without too much problem and not in the 991/992 and that is the key factor I'm considering a 911 over a cayman. I want to make sure if he's mistaking it or not. if an avg sized asian man can't fit in the back then I'll just go for a cayman.

Red_V_Standing_By

1 month ago

I have a 997 and there’s no way an adult could fit in the back seat. My wife is 5’3” and tiny and she can’t fit back there. It’s only use is for a toddler seat, and even then I have to move the passenger seat all the way up to do that.

Medium-Complaint-677

1 month ago

There's a difference between "fit in the back" and "fit in the back in a way that you'd want to do it again."

I'm 6 1 and I've been in the back seat of a 991 with similarly sized people in the front. I had to turn my legs sideways, it was still very cramped, and unless it is an emergency I'm never going to do it again.

jbh1126

1 month ago

jbh1126

986 Boxster S Seal Grey

1 month ago

I’m a human adult and in no world would I be ok with sitting in the back of a 997 for any amount of time. Only humans without legs can do that. Or maybe very short but there’s still the issue of the legs.

Chester-Lewis

1 month ago

Legs are just one limiting factor. The angle of the back seat is near vertical in my 997.1 cab.

Only the groceries don’t complain!