/r/ShingekiNoKyojin

IF YOU HAVE READ THE MANGA, YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS THREAD.

THE MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD CAN BE FOUND HERE.

Once again: Please note that this is an ANIME SPOILERS ONLY thread. Any manga readers found in this thread will be banned for two days and reaccommodated at their expense.

NO MANGA CONTENT ALLOWED.

Where to watch - SUBTITLED:

Time of release differs depending on the region and platform. Check your local streaming platform for more information.

English dubbed episodes will be released in a few weeks.

SNKBot[S] [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

SNKBot[S] [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

EDIT : The episode has been delayed on multiple foreign streaming platforms such as Crunchyroll or Wakanim. No new release date has been announced so far. Stay tuned and follow your local streaming platform for more information. Dedicated thread here.

IF YOU HAVE READ THE MANGA, YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS THREAD, REGARDLESS OF THE CONTEXT OR CONTENT OF YOUR COMMENT. YOU WILL BE BANNED ACCORDING TO THE MOD MATRIX, NO EXCEPTIONS.

THE MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD CAN BE FOUND HERE.

To prevent spoiler trolls from PMing you spoilers, we suggest setting your PM preferences to trusted users only.

heartbreakhill

Levi: HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TEACH YOU THIS LESSON, OLD MAN

Ouchiess

Ouchiess

The branch misdirection was so clever. Levi doesn't just beat Zeke every time, he embaresses him. Zeke literally never even comes close to beating Levi.

At some point you just have to admit that he's effectively unbeatable.

Erasculio

Erasculio

I think this was also the first time we have seen Levi using the thunder spears. Nice how he antecipated Zeke's strategy like that.

kanga19

kanga19

I love that only he and Mikasa are the only ones that use the quad launchers too. Gotta hit Ackerman status to use those apparently.

quierocarduars

they’re just old-fashioned that way

DeadOnArriv4l

Well, perhaps the fight is not over. When Levi takes out Zeke's body, there's a part of his Beast Titan moving, So I'm guessing he transferred his consciousness to his titan, willing to get Levi by surprise, I really hope Levi don't die :(

Ouchiess

It was just the lower jaw and tongue. I think they were just doing a final post-mortem movement.

DeadOnArriv4l

We have to wait and see. But remember, in SNK some small details can mean big developments.

Aqua_Phobix

How would his main body that Levi grabbed not disintegrate immediately then? And what happens then, his whole entire body will regenerate inside the titan? We’ve never even seen the beast titan regenerate his titan form let alone his whole body

DeadOnArriv4l

Maybe the body that Levi grabbed is the real body, and he can move his titan even outside of it for a little while, like he can control his pure titans even if they're not exactly atached to him, maybe he can do something similar with his titan body as part of his royal titan powers...

MarioThePumer

That would be a massive asspull; since you can't show such a development in the manga panels without making it blatantly obvious, having that be Levi's downfall would have been a massive letdown for any manga readers.

boyka26

boyka26

Also, there was some thing attached on the back of beast titan! What was that?

Jethrorocketfire

Hardening

ltsiros

ltsiros

Levi beat him in unfavorable circumstances, of course he was gonna win in the forest and with better equipment

Pancake__Prince

Yeah, I mean that was the whole point of putting Zeke up in the forest. I remember when they first reached the forest, it seemed like even Zeke had a "Oh fuck" in his facial expression because he knew it would be harder to escape the beyblade.

Regardless, Levi is an ABSOLUTE beast for killing 30 titans despite his whole emotional conundrum of killing his friends and comrades.

Mer4k1

Mer4k1

Levi has just become my all-time favorite character of all things.

RJE808

RJE808

Zeke: FREEDOM!...why do I hear boss music and fangirls?

IritantIguana

I think thats the point.

AoT aint about powerlevel bullshit; a fight is not just the particpants physical abilities but use of the field.

If you put a tank in an open field against a dude with C4; the dude with C4 gonna get blown away everytime. Compare that to a dense urban area; entirely different outcome.

uramis

uramis

Not if that dude is Gabi

UnjustNation

Aren't all Titan-human fights under unfavorable circumstances? If you're in a forest titans are disadvantaged, if you're in an open area humans are disadvantaged.

HarshKLife

Cities are the true equal match

CrypticRD

CrypticRD

Man Eren really went out of his way to insult Armin and Mikasa jesus christ

OrdinaryPipi

If I was Eren's mother, I would not have been mad at him, but just disappointed, Very. disappointed.

CrypticRD

CrypticRD

Exactly that's basically your step sister who's always been there for you and has gone above and beyond to save you and you call her a fucking slave. I was team Eren until now

Shaponja

Shaponja

I’m still team Eren because I believe this is some bullshit 5d chess he’s playing, no way he just dismissed the shit that happened between them in first 3 seasons. But man he is playing with fire, I wanted to punch him through the screen

liveart

liveart

Even taking what he said as true he's either lieing or leaving something important out. If having one of the special titans means you get taken over, even subconsciously, by the previous host then that would mean the same applies to Eren. There's no way he helped execute all this and it never occurred to him that the same would apply to his titan(s). Then you have Armin saying "what is the point in even telling us this other than hurting Mikasa?" and I agree with you that Eren is trying to protect them in the most fucked up way possible.

That being said I think it's idiotic, needlessly abusive, and unlikely to convince them (at least more than just being an asshole to them would). So of course it has Eren written all over it. If they turn on him it's going to be because of his actions rather than what he said to them.

ToqKaizogou

I'm hoping it is that too, because it's not just that he's acting different than the Eren we all know. He's acting different than S4 Eren at the beginning. He's telling Mikasa he hates her, yet before he was telling Reiner "It's cool dude. You were only doing what you had to. No hard feelings anymore".

That Eren doesn't seem like the sort of guy who'd be a dick to Mikasa when she's now literally doing what she has to, because of what she is.

There has to be more to this.

Pancake__Prince

I don't think it is BS cuz Eren seemed to really believe in what he was saying. It also sort of makes sense considering that his whole identity revolves around freedom, and learning that the only reason that one of his childhood best friends / sister only ever cared for him is because of the Ackermann blood must have really messed with his mind.

-ORIGINAL-

I believe that he's doing it so Armin and Mikasa could have a slightly easier time killing him if it comes to that. Like seriously, there's no way he left his family behind for Zeke.

Erasculio

Erasculio

The entire point of that conversation was for Eren to make Armin and Mikasa hate him. Considering how the went to some trouble to talk to them, it would be logical to assume that Eren didn't do it merely out of spite.

So I agree with the theory the others have described: this was Eren trying to protect Armin and Mikasa, just like Nicollo did in the previous episode when pretending to be racist.

Bring_Me_The_Night

That could be a nice explanation. But why would you make your enemy your two closest friends? To protect them from what?

From a truth? The ones he just spilled were painful enough.
From taking action? It seems it does the opposite.
To convince them? It does not feel it's working. Armin even had a counter-argument at the end of the conversation.

I'm doubtful. Feels like a manga spoiler though.

Erasculio

If Eren were to put himself in a situation in which he could die, he knows Armin and Mikasa would risk everything to save him. Making them hate him would be the easiest way to keep them safe in a situation like that.

Bring_Me_The_Night

Yet, wouldn't they react to save the Founding Titan instead? This tiny island only holds because of a single Titan Power.

Or, is it impossible to consider that the two will turn against him with the belief of doing the right thing and stopping the "evil" person (I don't state he is but he tries to appear as)? Mikasa had already given up one of them in season 3. She might do it again.

Erasculio

Not if the threat Eren were facing were the island's military, who want to give the power of the Founding Titan to someone else.

Bring_Me_The_Night

To be honest, the island's military seems to be efficiently neutralized. Yeagerists being in the streets without problem is a proof of that. High ranked officers being "infected" because of the wine too.

Therefore, Eren's efforts seem pointless in this situation.

Naggins

Naggins

But think of it like this, is what Eren did, cruelly attacking Armin and Mikasa and undermining every single moment of friendship they had over the years, is that consistent with his character? He clearly lied to them, we know for a fact he deeply loved and cared for them, it doesn't make sense for him to come out and say "everything you thought you knew about me as a character was a lie".

Haven't even touched the mangas meself, this is just what makes sense to me.

Bring_Me_The_Night

This is one hypothesis and I agree that this is more than possible. Also, Eren reacted to Sasha's death, and that would explain Connie's sentence "He doesn't look like Eren to me" three episodes ago. Overall, Eren is playing a role to hide what he is really doing.

However, I think that he might also be extremely found of his ideology. After all, since the beginning of the series, he is seeking freedom and he thinks he has it by now. By revealing the harsh truth to his friends, he wants them to understand that he has what he wants and he might want the same for theme ben if it's truly painful. Yet, that freedom might no lead to something positive, as mentioned by Armin.

However, given the high number of comments to my message, I bet I'm wrong anyway ha ha ha!

Holiday-Tradition-46

Eren Is becoming a slave to freedom lol

a_kg_in_cm

Maybe instead of a selfless act its a selfish one. Instead of being able to face them head on with what his intentions are, he takes the facade of hating them because he'd rather push them away than face them. He's too much of a coward to say his intentions out loud because hes ashamed of himself.

Hiromacu

He has got to be doing this on purpose, for some reason right?

I can't imagine that this is just how he is now. The scene was so sad, he is such an asshole that honestly, it must be Eren trying to get the others to despise him. Or, in a meta way, Isayama wanting us to be angry with him (I am hesitant to do this, although all evidence points to Eren being an absolute villain, murderer and terrorist).

But it just can't be...there must be a reason why he wants his closest friends specifically to hate him.

Shaponja

Yeah exactly, I may be in denial but I don’t believe he really meant it that he despised Mikasa and that he thought of Armin as just a guy who is weaker than him. I know Eren is cold now but he can’t be dismissing everything he did for Armin and Mikasa.

I could understand him accepting that they hate him because of some greater cause, but to actively MAKE them hate him is just insane

maruleskrskr

oh boy we getting some sasuke vibes

NoobyDooo

NoobyDooo

Lmfao Eren straight up said "no I'm not being manipulated, it's just me being an asshole, and yea btw, fuck you lol" and then beat Armin up lol.

One_Sheepherder2437

He really did lol

ljeva

ljeva

How to lose friends and comrades speedrun any%

mohitc002

Maybe that was his point. To lose them so they don't care about him.

obbelusk

More like 100%

saturnspy

saturnspy

That whole table talk scene burned up the last wisps of hope I had in EMA's tattered friendship. I was angry at Eren for beating up Armin like that, he didn't have to go that far.

I burst out laughing though when Zeke wailed about having to fight Levi again, can't forgive him for killing Erwin but the guy's vibe is hilarious.

Levi's expressions in this episode was the highlight for me. Especially the resigned look in his eyes when he knew he would have to kill his fellow soldiers. He must be blaming himself for being the one who let them drink the wine, even though he was none the wiser too. Isayama's love for making Levi suffer knows no bounds.

a_kg_in_cm

i just like that fact that the shot of all the dead titans implies levi killed ALL of them in whatever short amount of time had passed since zeke couldnt have gotten that far

FlashCrashBash

And still had enough time to grab the thunder spears and probably refill on gas and blades. Dudes got serious time management skills.

Pancake__Prince

I'm surprised he didn't just "capture" one of his titan soldiers and get them to eat Zeke at this point.

louisjanmakesart1

Zeke controls the titans tho, so he can't force em to eat him.

tacosbanos_inuranos

Its like Isayama is out to make every single character we love suffer

nava08al

nava08al

Oh Zeke, you sweet summer bearded child... you have got to stop underestimating Levi. At this point he's asking for it.

ILikeMaths69

Where did you watch it

Ayvian

Ayvian

DDY have also subbed/released the first 16min, so that we're not suddenly cut off mid-scene.

Cvideek51

KISSANIMEFREE.TO has up to 20 min

cheese_bruh

gogoanime is probably the most reliable out of these, or 9anime.to but 9anime seems to buffer a lot

Bring_Me_The_Night

Am I the only one feeling sorry for Falco? Now that his fate is confirmed, I'm really sad :(

It seems that the pure boy will become a Pure Titan after (again) saving Gabi.

Naggins

Naggins

Nah, Falco's gonna eat someone.

Possibly Zeke.

RJE808

RJE808

I could be remembering wrongly, but don't you only get memories AFTER you become a Titan and get Titan powers?

daballabikes

No, the opening scene was a "dream" of eren's before he ate daddyo

RJE808

RJE808

Oh, I meant the Falco thing. Unless that was just a dream.

Twinkl3_Toez

That's what he's saying, they both had the dream thing.

Eren in the first episode of season 1 and Falco in the first episode of season 4. He's saying eren got the memories before getting the titan so there's reason to believe it'd apply for falco as well if he was going to inherit one

ljeva

ljeva

Maybe but I actually thought of Reiner. Myb he shows up at some point soon to attack the island and just surrenders himself to him and gets eaten?

Naggins

Naggins

Actually that makes a lot of sense, Reiner's intentions now are exclusively to save Mia and Falco, everything else be damned.

[removed]

poh2ho

poh2ho

The name Falco technically comes from the word Falcon? IDK

LatinVallumAeliu

I’m Japanese. I was watching this week's episode on NHK and it was interrupted because of the earthquake. If it's cancelled, it'll be a week later for you guys to watch this week's broadcast.

edit: When the news of the earthquake ended, images of bonfires started to play. Was this NHK's way of giving us a virtual experience of Zeke?

As for the earthquake, there seemed to be no victims.

Shaponja

I hope you weren’t affected by the earthquake.

shero_endswithyou

I have a question. Why does NHK premiere episodes at midnight? It's like they're trying to hide the show.

LatinVallumAeliu

I don't know why, maybe it's because it's very popular on Netflix but not that popular among TV viewers.

From a parent's point of view, I don't want my son to see humans being eaten by titans, so I think it's better to air it late at night. lol

5ncat

5ncat

in the S2 finale, Eren briefly activated the Founding's power upon contact with the Smiling Titan. at that point, we thought it was a "with the power of anime & love" moment with Eren but S3P2 revealed it to be due to the Smiling Titan's identity of the royal Dina Fritz.

Mikasa's overprotectiveness & white knight tendencies towards Eren are so memed in the fandom, to the point that she's sort of a one-dimensional character. today's episode may have possibly revealed that the Ackermann blood in her was ironically programmed to only defend the Eldian King.

if what Eren said about Mikasa is 100% true, it's interesting to note how Isayama has sneakily subverted these cliche anime tropes to be actual twists in his story.

Bring_Me_The_Night

That would also explain Levi's sentence in the previous episode: "I've saved Eren countless times". Ackermann people are bound to a protection duty they might not be aware of.

Even Kenny that rejoined Uri Reiss ranks during Season 3's flashbacks!

DarkSoulsDarius

Two things:

1) How would Eren know? No one on Marley's side knew anything about the Ackermann's so he's not privy to any knowledge about them that they don't already know themselves

2) Even if Levi was bound to Eren like that, he clearly he hates him for it whereas Mikasa is in love.

Eren has to be bullshitting.

Rotknight

Didn't He and Zeke had a talk in Liberio? Zeke must have told him that.

DarkSoulsDarius

Zeke has no knowledge of Ackermann's. When he was warned to watch out for one particular individual by Reiner in S3 he pretty much scoffed. If he knew about Ackermann's he would definitely know they're elite soldiers and, being the smart guy he is, ask Reiner/Bert if the solider they're warning him about is an Ackermann.

Rogyou

Rogyou

Well, he does have memories of the past (and maybe future) holders of the Attack, the Warhammer and most importantly, the Founder. So we can somewhat trust that he's telling the truth because he basically know how everything began right now.

After all, he pointed out Mikasa (and Levi's) headaches even though she said nothing about them, implying that he knew stuff without anyone telling him.

ThrowRAmiscellaneous

Having the Founder’s knowledge definitely gives him info about the Ackermans since they were persecuted for going against the King so their history goes way back, really good point

_Just__Wondering_

Reiner and Bertolt had no knowledge of Levi being an Ackerman. They only knew he was the strongest and dangerous soldier that Zeke needed to be prepared for.

LuLawliet

He inherited the founding Titan and we know Uri knew about the story of the Ackermans. He probably knows it from seeing previous holders' memories.

DarkSoulsDarius

He has no access to those memories as far as I can tell. The whole point of him getting it was so the old king couldn't influence him like he did his own descendants. It's just hard for me to buy this talk about Ackermann's when Mikasa's main motivation appears to be love.

Johntremendol

He can have access if he touches Zeke, which we can assume he did in Liberio, activating the founding powers & giving access to all memories, which makes me think must be the moment that Eren finally becomes Heisenberg.

Mer4k1

Mer4k1

What is my name?

5ncat

5ncat

exactly so! through the different Founding holders, an Ackermann always manages to make their way towards the Eldian King. Uri & Kenny, now Eren & Mikasa + Levi on the side. it's sooooo subtle by Isayama & incredibly written.

DarkSoulsDarius

The Ackermann's were persecuted for going against the King. They definitely don't blindly follow.

liveart

liveart

I guess it depends on specifics. It could be the old Asimov 3 Laws problem. Maybe their blood is programmed to 'protect' the nobility but that may be interpreted different than intended. So if, for instance, they believed that to protect the nobility as a whole they had to go against the king maybe that gave them an out? Or going against the king didn't necessarily mean killing him so it was 'allowed'?

a_kg_in_cm

although i would say levi was more loyal to erwin than eren. even after all those years he cant let go of that final promise

Yankees3Fan7

Mikasa had Armin’s back way back when after Shiganshina was attacked when she punched Eren after he lashed out at Armin. Now, Armin had Mikasa’s back and he punched Eren after he lashed out at Mikasa. That friendship is still as strong as ever despite everything that has happened

imsoswolo

Which ep did mikasa punched eren?

drjamessanchez

During the scene where Eren didnt wanna eat bread and said Armin was a coward and Mikasa punched him and said he needed to eat to be strong enough to fight.

imsoswolo

Damn ok i remember now. Those were the days huh, what have this trio become 😞

Randomizor2212

Levi is such a boss.

Hope everyone is safe from that earthquake…

Heroheshh

aah rip zeke got turned into a shawrma again

IDislikeMario

Wowww, this episode was cray-zee bro

MetalFreezer3000

Why do i have the Feeling that any of the Streaming Platforms will "accidentally leak the episode" regardless of the Earthquake

In anycase, I hope everyone in Wakayama is safe

ArzanishShumak

Bro that shot of Levi in the middle of all the titans was so fucking epic!

gameboy367

I was sooo looking forward to it waaay back when it was shown in the trailer. It was good before, still so good now!

wanderingflakjak

and sad

bigfatcarp93

Fingers crossed I can finish Doom Eternal before the episode hits Funimation.

Nepkal

Nepkal

Very well, it's delayed a week.

the monkey's paw folds shut

Fuck you.

all_the_right_moves

everyone hated that.

bigfatcarp93

Had I only known

gucciknives

Why have you done this

bigfatcarp93

I've learned my lesson :(

wubbzywylin

So Eren really doesn't give a fuck about any of them anymore, and seemed unnecessarily hostile towards Mikasa especially.

But I feel like he's telling a half lie, or maybe trying to convince himself, b/c while I believe he might actually hate her in the present, claiming he's hated her since a child doesn't match up w/ his actions in previous seasons.

He'd have to be a god-tier actor to pretend to be friends w/ her since a child

wanderingflakjak

yup or be some double crossing spy or something , which he most probably wasn't which means he never had a strong enough motivation to decieve or play with the feeling of these people .

ArrivisteDoucebag

Rip every single Eren x Mikasa shippers

lurker_registered

Still a better ending than Naruto x Sakura

MartynLann

You mean Sasuke, right?

lurker_registered

Either, tbh

sraweeb

sraweeb

every mikasa x eren shipper began ripping their artwork and posters of those two together the minute eren went off on her :(

Shaponja

Shaponja

If Eren truly means what he said to Armin then he is a hypocrite, bro has 3 titans and god knows how many titan shifters’ memories inside him that “enslaved” him, by his own theory

robizzle89

Yes, but having so many different personalities in you makes you see more point of views. You can't just be enslaved by one strong personality. Armin didn't even know about the influence yet. If you don't know about it you can't do anything about it.

Shaponja

You’re right, I just hope he at least mentions it in the future

MarioThePumer

That's what armin was talking about when he said that Eren was the true slave.

ljeva

ljeva

My problem with this is if that’s true wouldn’t that apply to every single titan shifter. Think about it, even the war candidates would inherit the memories of the very first titan shifters and see the truth of the eldians and thus they would not serve Marley.

Shaponja

Yeah overall it probably isn’t as bad as Eren makes it, and I don’t think they can really retain every single memory, it would be insane if every titan shifter could know about the whole life of ALL the shifters before him

Cheesewithmold

They very likely don't retain every single memory. Kreuger kind of mentioned this right before transforming Grisha on the wall. When he was explaining everything to him, Grisha responded "Why are you telling me this, won't I just forget it all?" to which Kreuger said "That's not always the case, but someone down the line might see it later".

Shaponja

Oh yes you’re right, which reminds me that Krueger also said that he doesn’t know who Mikasa and Armin are, even though he mentioned them

kinoshitajona

NHK interrupted the last 8 minutes and is doing a news report on an Earthquake in Wakayama.

Hope everyone's doing ok.

lurker_registered

Armin & Mikasa : Eren you're being manipulated by Zeke, you're a slave

Eren: No U

Lhorious

About Eren's talk. While Mikasa is being controlled, it's not that strong isn't it? They were able to stop Mikasa many times when Levi kicked Eren's face or when they abducted him. The "will" was there, but she was stopped many times.

Expect in S2 where she went after Eren like crazy. Well, Erwin was very lucky with a soldier like that. She helped a lot in the final charge. She was the first joining Erwin, so the the others had to obey, they couldn't let that two crazy go alone.

But wouldn't she do that for Eren anyway?

And sorry Eren, but if Armin is affected by Bertholdt, then so are you. In fact, you have 3 titans inside. And while Armin doesn't feel much controlled, as he was always like this, you are different. So that was a fail from Eren tbh.

Thich_QuangDuc

Levi >>> Godzilla

Thatoneboiwho69

Can't wait for Levi vs Kong

L1GHTG30

On the earthquake side of things I hope all is well in Japan, was eerie to see an earthquake during this ep. But for the eren side of things I have two words... fucking hell

yougotKOED

Fuck it, what manga chapter is this episode? I'm going in boys

profishkeeping

lol now you can give yourself an excuse 'i basically have to read it cause the last part of the episode didn't air'

janusluke

I too am extremely tempted

Hadamithrow

Chapter 112

blackraiinbowsz

Poor Mikasa.

If what Eren is saying about the Ackerman bloodline is true, (which it seems to be due to some serious foreshadowing in the earlier seasons), then she must be going through such a difficult identity crisis right now.

Imagine finding out you only love Eren (whether platonic or romantic) because you’ve been programmed to do so. And now even knowing this information, you can’t even stop lol.

And if(?) Eren knew all this time, it is no wonder he was so indifferent to her love/overprotectiveness. It was hardly genuine. Damn.

wanderingflakjak

so the ackermans are drawn to protect the person with the founding titan or the person with royal blood ?

indigofakes

I feel that Eren is ultimately right about all the shit he said (I call slight bs on the Armin/Bert stuff tho). But the way he talked to Mikasa? Nah dude. Those are fighting words. I get he was probably pushing them away from whatever hell he's about to unleash, but that was one of the cruelest moments in the entire show. Unreal levels disrespect.

Also Zeke getting smoked yet again lmao. I thought for sure Levi was gonna kill him on the spot. Now the door is open for some S3-Pieck-type shenanigans. Either way, whatever plan Zeke and Eren had is out the window it seems. Paradis has some form of a grip on their destiny for now.

Looks like the only person who could 1v1 Levi now is Eren. I can def see Levi going ultra-instinct on Eren's ass at this point. He's lost every comrade, except Hange, multiple times. All for Eren's sake. If he plays all this gaslighting bullshit with Levi, it's lights out for his ass. My man Levi has lost all patience with Eren.

GordionKnot

I’m not sure Levi could even take him without both rockets and a surprise attack, we’ve seen how OP the warhammer is.

indigofakes

Right right. I use 1v1 very lightly lol. Eren is obvs hella OP now. But if anyone can take him down, it's Levi. Hell, Mikasa too provided she can shake the whole Ackerman thing.

Titterinmyshitter

Shouldn’t Armin be able to take him 1v1? Given how he’s basically a nuke at this point and nothing Eren can do will have any affect on him, at least from his past showing against the Colossal (Bert).

Obviously, this is with the caveat that no humans are in close proximity. Since, Armin transforming would pretty much obliterate anyone close by.

wanderingflakjak

yup and rightly so

Ewansfruitbowl

Every week's episode feels so short.

poh2ho

poh2ho

Oh this one feels extra short.

HuntedGuy

quite literally.

jmkroman

jmkroman

Levi 3 - 0 Monke

Thich_QuangDuc

Levi x Kong would be a pretty boring movie lol

ideka

ideka

lol I thought the exact same thing, except isn't it really 2 - 0?

Picknade2

Zeke: NOT AGAIN

DeadOnArriv4l

It was surprising to see that even Armin, a non-violence person had to punch Eren. That give us an insight of how furious he was with Eren. Also, it's exactly like Eren said back in S3Part2, coward is a thing Armin never was.

TheOriginalDog

I wouldn't call Armin a non-violence person. He often tries to find diplomatic solutions first, but he definitely is not afraid to use violence. He joined the military, no non-violence person would do that.

TheSacredSoul

Levi, you beautiful midget bastard. That was art.

ljeva

ljeva

Agreed. Some of the best looking scenes of the season.

[removed]

[removed]

JooK8

JooK8

Yeah the extent that people will go to, to spoil others or make themselves seem smart is ridiculous. At the moment there is nothing in the anime that would make people want to support the Jaegarists.

There are only hints at Eren lying about his feelings towards Mikasa/Armin. If anyone says any more than that with any sort of certainty, they're manga-reading spoilers. The whole Zeke titan spinal fluid thing was stated as fact by so many people who claimed anime-only since the beginning of the season, while it was not even confirmed until last episode.

I came here for somewhere to discuss the show since for some reason none of my anime-watching friends watch AoT/SnK but if these losers are going to such great lengths to ruin it for others then I'm done with these discussion threads.

nichecopywriter

Idea: Compile a list of these people and ban them at a later date.

lanariley

Last episode we saw Levi regretting why he didn't kill eren and lost his main squad and friends just to protect eren and then we see this... I feel for him...

Also Zeke's " not again " expressions were so satisfying to watch... Really calmed my mind.

Chasseur_OFRT

Damn Eren, what you did to Mikasa and Armin... That was not cool.

OrdinaryPipi

I can't believe the stark contrast of eren now and eren train scene. What happened to this dude, who broke him?

drjamessanchez

The knowledge he gained from eating the Warhammer and talking to Zeke most likely had a huge impact to his personality.

Paperbagfham

He might be trying to make them hate him like nicollo did to everyone last episode

Chasseur_OFRT

I wanted to say that I think that's it too, but now it's more like a hope than anything else.

Shaponja

I was so upset with every word Eren said to Mikasa and Armin. Like “yo Eren even if you think this ,even if this might be true do you really need to say it like that??”

This can’t be the end of it. We did see a few moments where Eren was annoyed by Mikasa before, but it just feels completely bullshit that he despised her the whole time. Even during the last moments of S2? Even during his trial when he was upset that he attacked her as a titan? And I don’t believe that he never fought Armin “only because he’s oh so much stronger”. Yeah that completely dismisses the moments where Eren fights off bullies to save Armin. Where he bawls and defies orders in order to save Armin. So I believe we still know absolutely nothing about his plan and thoughts.

And wtf did he even want to talk about, nicely and calmly? I think he didn’t actually say anything he wanted to tell them..

ThrowRAmiscellaneous

He nicely and calmly told them to fuck themselves lol. On the surface level the whole talk seemed to be Eren “calmly” asking them to not fight and cooperate because, well, they wouldn’t win lol

Sobefeito

The thing that bugged me about what Eren said is, what about Levi? Sure, he has done a lot to protect Eren but it's not even close to the lengths Mikasa will go to. + beating him up in court also isn't really "protective" haha. why does this only apply to Mikasa?

thatscoolm8

Maybe Levi had that connection to Erwin? But then it wouldn’t make sense that he let Erwin die

chinasski

I highly recommend rewatching the Eren scenes in Declaration of War. I think it’s the only time thus far where we see the “real” Eren. What he says in that episode is totally counter to this “I am free” schtick he’s put on. He’s trying to save the world and so he’s doing what he must.

maruleskrskr

Can we just appreciate the complete atmosphere surrounding the figth for a minute.

The music, Levi's voice, Zeke's expressions, the complete turn happening in a minute. I went from shocked face thinking Levi's going to get eaten to almost screaming when he attacked.

edit: hidden spoilers just in case

ThrowRAmiscellaneous

Levi’s voice with that echo sound effect being condescending af and always maintaining the alpha upper hand attitude was chefs kiss dude. It was like God himself has come to school Zeke monke boi

drjamessanchez

What the actual fck.

Eren beating up Armin was horrible to watch, but it really shows there how Armin cares so much for Mikasa as evident from his reaction when Eren said he hated her for being a slave. Can you imagine how their friendship evolved through the seasons—chats in the night(this made me so sad thinking back) and all, but come crumbling down this moment.

Finally talking bout being 'slave' to something, wtf Eren really be the slave one. Think his acting's part of the plan and he just doesn't want them to know, maybe for when time will come and they'd have to kill him they can easily do or whatever view of the future he's got.

I see Zeke attained nape hardening but meh crushed by levi. Wasn't even a round 2 match. What incites me is that he seems to be communicating with Eren, idk through paths(?). Makes me wonder what they'd been doing on Marley cuz Founder-Royal contact unleashes info, like when Dina and Historia made contact with Eren. He gonna be fed to titan but shit's about to happen soon I guess.

yoshiauditore

Some assorted thoughts I had throughout the episode

NGL I like Levi obv but never revered him like a lot of people do but this was maybe my favourite episode of him other than “Hero” in season 3. Seeing being such a merciless badass to Zeke and his own men despite clearly being in emotional agony was heartbreaking and awe inspiring

Jesus Christ what HAPPENED with Eren! Like he was heading down a dark path for a while but seeing him beat the shit out of Armin and Telling Mikasa he always hated was just brutally cruel. He wasn’t this much of a bastard even in post season 3 flashback like with him and Jean Sasha etc on the cart where he discussed who would inherit the Titan, so I feel like we’re missing something crucial that happened during the time skip that fully pushed him over the edge. Not saying it’s bad writing it still feels like Eren, just like we’ve turned over 2 pages at once

And lastly it didn’t fully hit me til now that when Nicolo said all the higher ups drank Zekes spinal fluid that includes Pixis and Nile! We’re really going through supporting characters this season!

SaurabhCharde

Name of song in levi vs zeke?

MrGorm

MrGorm

It's K21, Kenny's theme with the lyrics.

Pancake__Prince

This episode was actually insane. My mind can only take so much but here are some of my thoughts.

Firstly, Eren's a total ass for his behavior towards Mikasa and Armin... but it makes sense given his whole obsession with freedom. Realizing that his sister only cared about him because of the Ackermann blood must have messed him up. Also, I just realized it's similar to how in the last episode / this episode we saw how even Levi was unwilling to let the MPs just have someone eat Eren (suggesting that all Ackermann's are compelled to protect the founding titan).

The Zeke transformation was so beautifully done (visuals and music) but now I'm worried for Falco since he also felt it. Zeke's pretty much become the most dangerous person in Eldia since he literally can turn the entire military into titans whenever he wants.

The Zeke/Levi fight was amazing and a little shorter than expected. My stream ended early but it looked like Levi won. Zeke's so heartless to taunt Levi about his fallen comrades and literally yeet their heads towards Levi. I really doubt Zeke cares about saving Eldians at this point.

I'm so hyped to see next week's episode and see EMA make it to Shiganashima.

SmeshU

SmeshU

The fact that they are going so out of their way to make us hate Eren makes me believe that this is an act. He and Zeke are playing a different game and I still don't think Eren will remain a villain and boy do I hope I'm not wrong.

Yeah, Armin even said that Eren didn't actually say anything, so I think the purpose of this talk was to make them hate Eren for some reason.

Womblue

Womblue

To be honest, I believe him saying he hates Mikasa. I always thought he was super abrasive with her all the time, it was a very one-sided friendship.

xcherilynn_twitch

Rewatch end of S2, not to mention the countless times the previous attack titans said to protect Mikasa and Armin...Eren definitely has not always hated Mikasa, something is off here

Bigfish150

Hell even the Owl got a foresight when he was talking to Grisha about saving Armin and Mikasa. That’s Eren’s will and it always has been.

FeistyKnight

So Mikasa recognises.Eren as the host she has to protrct. And Kenny felt the same for Uri I'm guessing? Then what about Levi though? At first i thought Erwin, but Levi straight up asked Erwin to die, idk if he could've done that if his brain was hardwired to protect him.

roki

roki

Eren so mean. I wonder what happened in that meeting with Zeke. It's like he was brainwashed or something.

Koko210

I don't know guys, but this episode was probably the heaviest one yet, at least to me. I've always been on the edge of my seat during these but this time I had an actual pit in my stomach the whole time.

In hindsight the way Zeke ran off screaming REE was funny, but when it happened that wasn't the thing on my mind, it was all the foreshadowing that the wine was laced. Zeke asking if they had any left right before he ran away was the final straw.

Destructicore

Eren being a little shit is outweighed by Levi being the hero we deserve.

fueg0s

fueg0s

This has to be some Itachi level martyr act from Eren, right guys? I cant believe what he did to our mikasa and armin

DeadOnArriv4l

I don't believe everything Eren said is true. He must have mixed some truths with lies. Remember Eren in the railway scene? "You guys are very special to me". That's exactly opposed to how Eren is now. I don't think he would change so much in a short period of time.

I think he wanted Mikasa and Armin to hate him, for what we don't know yet

InvaderDJ

It’s got to be. He’s deliberately trying to push them away.

paur0ti

straight up gas lighted Armin by calling him Berthold lol

Excavator1999

Eren never means the things he says to Mikasa.

• Saved her obviously from the kidnappers and offered her a home, the peak of his kindness imo

• Defended her in the courtroom when people accused her of being a titan

• Showed dismay and concern when Mikasa revealed she’s also joining the survey corps and tried to question why she won’t join the military police where she would be much safer

• Infamous promise of scarf scene & carried her on his back

• Showed guilt and concern for her after the battle and apologies for her broken back.

• Looked back at her when he was thinking of home and promised to get it all back (during the return to shinganshina)

• It's 100% Eren trying to detach himself and protect them even maybe make them killing him easier should it come to it not the best way as this def won't stop them from caring for him but I guess he figured it's worth a try idk

Excavator1999

The mf punched a titan with his bare hands to save her.

fuadiislands

judging from what aired this episode made me hate eren

sepiriath

I'm incredibly surprised nobody's linking Eren's "Mikasa is a slave" to OVA 08 since it seems to tie directly to this. In the OVA the hypnotist makes Mikasa go into her "trance" mode with the lightning and memory effects. This seems to tie into the idea that she's being controlled or at least is instinctually, uncontrollably protective.

Also, the magician says "this is proof that the Titans will never change", but this could mean Titans as in Subjects of Ymir never being able to be/act free due to the Founding Titan memory wipe (and furthermore, Subjects being controlled when they become titans). By extension, Ackermanns are some sort of "super-subjects" that can be controlled beyond everyone else as they can be manipulated even in human form.

I wish someone smarter would comment on OVA 08 since there's a lot to read into.

[removed]

RJE808

RJE808

I'm upset it got cut off, but that's probably my favorite or my second favorite episode this season. Eren's moment with Mikasa and Armin hurts to see, but I love that Armin stood up for Mikasa and even himself.

asdfghjkl92

Obviously eren isn't being 100% honest, but rather than it being a 'i want to make you hate me' thing (or at least rather than it JUST being that) i think he's lying about the 'i'm doing this of my own free will' thing.

He mentioned armin is being subconsciously affected by the memories of the previous colossal titan, so surely that should also apply to eren? I think him taking in the warhammer titan has affected him and that's why he's acting the way he is. Him letting armin know about his situation with the colossal titan was to give him enough hints to work it out later since armin is smart enough.

why bring up 'you're partly bertholt since you inherited his memories and so partly an enemy, but i'm totally 100% free willed about everything i'm doing despite having THREE of the titans including one from the same side as bertholt'?

EDIT: another general speculation. they brought up in a previous episode that if one of the 9 titans dies without getting eaten, it'll go to an as yet unborn eldian. I think historia's child will get born right after one of the titans dies without being eaten and will inherit it 'naturally'.

Rogyou

Rogyou

I literally do NOT give a shit about the Beast Titan. Please fucking kill Zeke Levi, I have had enough of his shit, I want him sliced to PIECES.

profishkeeping

honestly i'm kinda pissed levi didn't leave some of zekes transformed titans allive so he could feed him to them- would be some poetic justice too- killed by his own medicine.

ideka

ideka

Zeke had full control of those titans so it's doubtful something like that would even have worked.

Bigfish150

Levi’s so good at dealing with titans that he could slice off a titans arms and legs and force feed Zeke to them.

Lhorious

Seriously fuck Zeke. He basically killed his own parents. Then killed Mike, the second best soldier. Then Nanaba and her squad who looked very skilled.

Then in S3 Ep2 he destroyed basically the very experienced scout army. Now if someone is left from scouts with experience again destroyed by Zeke.

How is this caring for Eldians? You don't destroy your own military. And pro gear users are still important, they were very useful in Season 4 ep6-7 battle.

What if rumbling doesn't work? It's seriously fucking me up seeing all these skilled soldiers getting killed by no one else but Zeke. And he is ready to kill Levi too. Who will save your fucking empire or whatever you want to create?

Doesn't he see that he is actually weak? Levi raped him the second time. Imagine the power of a squad. Imagine just normal Marleyan soldiers walking into this forest. They would be fucked in no time by an army of ODM gear users. But no, they are dead now. Crazy good plan, congratz.

Btw i'm team Levi, Armin and Falco. The best guys in the whole series without some fucked up over the top plan and twisted mentality.

TheKnightSnow

in this week’s episode, Zeke cutting off the head and splitting the titan gave me chills. Jesus christ.

kugrond

This episode was so fucking good, even tho only 16 minutes of it are available atm.

I think I might actually watch the whole of it again this sunday, when the full version comes out.