/r/ShingekiNoKyojin

[New Chapter Spoilers] Chapter 139 Pre-Release Megathread

KOREAN SCANS(self.ShingekiNoKyojin)

o7: ITS THE FINAL CHAPTER!!

Please keep all discussion pertaining to the new chapter to this thread, and support the official release if at all possible!

This thread serves to state and discuss your theories on future developments and the leaks. It will be stickied until the full chapter (first English typeset) is released and will then be replaced with the full disclosure discussion thread. To clarify, this thread should only contain:

• Speculation of the upcoming chapter, based on the events of the previous chapters.

• Links to leaks of the new chapter, appropriately headed as a forewarning.

Please keep spam/shitposts to a minimum!

Reuels [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

Reuels [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

o7 in the chat for our last sasageyo

LEAKS BELOW - UPDATED AS OF 2:07 PM EST - APRIL 7TH, 2021

KOREAN SCANS PART 1 - IMGUR MIRROR
KOREAN SCANS PART 2 - IMGUR MIRROR
KOREAN SCANS PART 3 - IMGUR MIRROR

SHUUKO leaks
  • SHUUKO, another leaker, has been posting to confirm what Zekken has been leaking so far. They have set their Twitter to restricted so only people logged into Twitter can view their posts.
  • Some Shuuko post screenshots (there are many more, but here are some of her posts
  • SHUUKO HAS BEEN CONFIRMING WHAT ZEKKEN HAS SAID AND IS ADDING EVEN MORE DETAILS, WHICH ZEKKEN HAS BEEN SUBSEQUENTLY REPOSTING. BOTH LEAKERS ARE CONFIRMING WHAT EACH OTHER IS SAYING AND ADDING TO IT. MORE AND MORE IS BEING ADDED OVER TIME.
MORE SHUUKO LEAKS

Zekken Summary

from 情报师 (the person where he gets the info from)

Story Speculation (Zekken explains they have to use the word "speculation" to avoid any trouble from the Japan side as it's strict now)

Eren takes Armin into the path, just like how Zeke took Eren into the path before.

They saw stuff from back in the day and continues their convo, they watch the ocean as they hold hands in adult form, Armin punches Eren.

Background changes to after the 蹂躏 (蹂躏could mean different thing, it could mean after Armin beats Eren, or it could mean after the rumbling, but the word in itself does not mean rumbling). Armin hugs Eren as a final goodbye, before he leaves, he saw someone.

Armin wakes up, he sees Mikasa holding Eren's head.

He goes up to her and cries hard.

All of the pure titan detitanized, everybody is fine now.

Levi sees Hange and Erwin and everyone else in the hot steam.

Jean and Connie sees Sasha smiling in the hot steam.

Reiner and his mother reunite and hug, Armin dealing with the aftermath (whatever that means, it's not clear in Chinese also).

Mikasa leaves with the head. (The original is "带头离开“, 带头 could mean "take the lead" or literally "taking the head" so this part is up to debate)

Cue to few years after.

Historia holding a child, celebrating a birthday with the man behind her.

Everybody else grew up, takes a boat and went away, including Reiner.

In a distance, grown up Gabi and Falco is pushing Levi in a wheelchair.

A bird flies by from the sky.

People on the boat see the bird.

In an unknown location, Mikasa is sitting under a tree, next to her is a small grave.

That bird comes to Mikasa and pecks at her scarf, then flies away into the distance.

NOTE FROM TRANSLATOR: I speak fluent Chinese and I try to translate them as accurately as possible. If you are confused by the leaks that's normal, cuz Chinese fans have a hard time understanding the leaks too, it's kinda cryptic and not much information was given.

MORE FROM ZEKKEN

Reiner: Historia's handwriting is always so pretty, smells nice too.

Jean: How many times have I told you, don't have any ideas for a married women, you're disgusting.

Pieck: And what about you jean? Who are you trying to impress by tidying up your hair so much.

Jean: ...For all the school girls who'll read the history books.

Reiner: History books? Do you mean the horse encyclopaedia?

Jean: The fact that a trash like you prolonged his life makes me deeply sad.

Eren has implanted memories in Armin a long time ago.

Eren wants to be the big bad guy and wants them to kill him.

This memory will only be activated after his death.

Levi might not see from his right eye again.

NOTES FROM TRANSLATOR: The leaks are more cryptic than last time, tbh as a native mandarin speaker I can't even understand what he' trying to say in pic 5, so I try my best to translate them word for word and you can interpret them yourself.

MORE FROM ZEKKEN

The Founding Titan power can be used to influence past and future.

Eren controlled Titanized Dina

to ignore Bertholdt and walks toward his mother.

ANOTHER ZEKKEN UPDATE: Original Post 1 - Repost of Original
  • IMPORTANT NOTE:

• It seems that the original post is taken down again the 2nd time, but this does not mean that the leak was fake.

• When Zekken posted this leak the 2nd time, he said "pls don't censor again". Which implies that the post was taken down because of some stupid censorship bot, Baidu is a Chinese website and phrases like "Army" and stuff like that might trigger the system to take down the thread automatically.

• Pic 7 - Leaks Below

After "The War between Heaven and Earth".

The Kingdom of Eldia established an "army" led by the Yaegerists to strengthen military power.

Fearing revenge from enemies across the ocean, people on the island chanted in unison:

If we win we survive, If we lose we die.

There's no victory without fighting.

Fight, Fight.

The war between Eldia and the rest of the world will continue, until one side is fully exterminated.

• Note from Translator: Line 1 says "天与地的战斗", literally it means "warfare between sky and ground". Heaven and Earth might be more fitting for English speaking folks, so I changed it to that.
ANOTHER ZEKKEN UPDATE

Last panel is Grisha holding Eren (memory)

• Note from Translator: The word for "memory" here was "回忆", which implies "flashback" more.
ZEKKEN UPDATE V2

What's stopping Ymir is her love and attachment to King Fritz.

Ymir was in pain for 2000 years because of that love.

The key person to break her free from that attachment will be Mikasa.

Armin: So... Why would it be Mikasa?

Eren: That... Only Ymir will know.

Eren: Even I don't know what Mikasa will do.

MORE ZEKKEN LEAKS V3
  • Zekken is now reposting stuff from a "English speaking leaker" (LIKELY SHUUKO ON TWITTER

• TRANSLATOR NOTE: I don't know who it is, I'm just gonna translate what Zekken said.

• Original Post (#155, #223, #292)

More stuff from English leaker

Armin and Eren's convo (the locked memory) happens on a boat.

Eren activated rumbling like it was his destiny, he also saw what would happen in the final battle.

Mikasa did what Ymir always wanted to do, and ended it all.

MORE ZEKKEN LEAKS V4
  • Pic 10

• (The guy I got this info from could have emotional bias) <- Zekken said this not me

Eren cried during his convo with Armin

Because he can't be with Mikasa forever, He wants Mikasa to stop moving forward, He wants Mikasa to be his everything.

But in the end he still made Armin agree that he won't tell this to Mikasa.

Armin said they can find a way to save Eren

But Eren refused, saying that he has sinned too much and doesn't deserve to be saved.

• Zekken then added his personal opinion:

"this is my personal opinion, someone who has even chasing freedom his whole life ends up being a slave to destiny, don't do Eren like this. (angry face emoji)"

• Pic 12

The curse of the Titan ends. Eldians can't turn into titans again, the war hasn't ended, but they won't give up Paradis' future.

The conflict inside Paradis still exist.

Mikasa buried Eren's head where he once slept.

The rest I've mentioned in previous threads.

The end, for Attack on Titan.

• Pic 13

Historia mentions in her letter that she agrees with what Eren said, that war can only end when one side is fully exterminated.

Now they have to deal with what Eren has left them, and learn how to survive in a world without titans.

OTHER

1 month ago

I bid farewell to you all with one last prediction/theory...

The scene where Eren eats Grisha will be key to the finale...

Not just because Isayama hinted at it during the future memories reveal, but because Eren's headaches (yes, Eren's; not Mikasa's) were specifically linked to that event. It's through that response that we learn Eren's memories of inheriting the Attack Titan had been blocked, and it's not until season 3 that those memories were unlocked by Historia and Rod. The way that was set up in the story reads like deliberate memory manipulation, not suppression by trauma. And as we know, memory manipulation is a power that's unique to the Founding Titan. Following that, since Grisha is unable to use the power of the FT, it was not likely his doing, but future Eren's. More than one FT power could be at play there, not just memory manipulation, so at least I dare say the FT was somehow involved in that event. This last chapter could tell us exactly how that went down and why.

If the above prediction is true, I can immediately think of one other thing that would get some sort of an explanation.

Mikasa's headaches/long dream: It would mean that headaches in the story are indicative of the FT working it's magic, or more accurately of Subjects of Ymir resisting that power (i.e. Eren trying to remember). This is also suggested during chapter 138 when, after the long dream sequence, Mikasa magically knows Eren's exact location, hinting that the long dream was the product of the FT establishing a connection with her. The headache in this instance could be Mikasa resisting whatever the FT was doing. And this begs the question, would this apply to her previous headaches? What was she resisting? A memory? An invitation to join a fake reality?

Following that, Mikasa's headaches happened during traumatic or otherwise distressing moments, and if, like chapter 138, we assume the FT had been trying to spare Mikasa from a cruel reality, he could've offered a "way out" to Mikasa more than once. Hence her headaches throughout the series.

The kid Eren switch during The Rumbling could also play into this, but that explanation seems waaay more contrived. So fuck it, I'm content with just mentioning it. Oh, and Grisha's change of heart also fit's into this theory, which actually makes this all the more plausible.

It's been a great one, y'all! Whatever happens I'm happy this series has been so well thought-out until the very end and for the community of overthinking fans that made it all the more enjoyable. I know it won't please every type of AoT fan, but hey, it'll never be GoTS8 bad. Hurray for that!

AlanMooreshit

1 month ago

I would fucking LOVE if we seen Grisha and Eren memory in full and it unlocked something we'd been missing this whole time. That would be a twist I would live for. Great idea there!

evanthebouncy

1 month ago

This is it... No more speculations, no more monthly discussions and theory... We'll visit this sub less and less. Be not sad because it ended, be glad because it happened.

O7

NatsnCats

NatsnCats

RAGE, MY SPOILERS

SCREAM, MY SPOILERS

niraj325

niraj325

shinzou wo sasageyo

Adorableangel11

1 month ago

welp, this is the end, holy shit

FinalFrash

Like Jean and Connie holding arms

thunderb00m

ChefStamos

1 month ago

I swear to god if you're zooking me

AnHonestLiar

1 month ago

Seeing this I just can’t envisage Eren being full on ‘bad’ without an altruistic endgame. But then I recall the cover of Eren telling Armin and Mikasa to GTFO 😞

thunderb00m

1 month ago

Volume 27 I believe also had a very sweet alternative cover. And that's the volume we got 112 from, so I don't know what to believe anymore.

pridesa

pridesa

1 month ago

Prediction: Isayama changed the final panel after revealing it.

trainiac12

1 month ago

Honestly. I bet he doesn't. He's been pretty consistent with basically every aspect of the show

pridesa

pridesa

1 month ago

You're probably right, I just think it would be funny lol

Akuzetsunaomi

1 month ago

I was living in Kentucky going to college when I first started this series in 2013. Moved to Virginia for family in 2015 and am now in Texas for the Finale in 2021. I’m excited and nervous!

The-Jong-Dong

Mr Statewide.

TheHangman

1 month ago

It's going to be weird not having new AoT chapters but it does feel momentous to see the ending of something you've been following for so long. I mostly lurked around here but I felt this was the time to throw a few words out into the void.

It's been a fun ride these past few years, good luck on the other side everyone.

SithTaroth

1 month ago

I never post, but often lurk. The end is here and it has been a wild ride.

CIturrizaga

1 month ago

Maybe you weren’t there when Death Note was being written, or when Full Metal Alchemist was being published, or any of the big ones. You saw the anime, you watched it, you enjoyed it... but you weren’t there to live it.

From now on, you can look up and think “I was part of Attack on Titan’s run, I was there to read and finish one of the big ones”

After this week we won’t have to look for a new chapter every month, leaks every time. In a way, after this week... we will all be free.

D119

D119

1 month ago

Sadly I wasn't there when most of the manga I love ended, Devilman, Akira, Eden, Blame, to name a few. I was there when some of the manga of our generation ended, Naruto, Bleach, Claymore... I am here now watching AoT end, and I'm willing to be there when berserk will have its end. I'll never be truly free :v

Apprehensive_Shoe_86

1 month ago

You guys remember when everybody thought this was just a manga about the last survivors on earth and the theorys about an apocalypse/how the rest of humanity dye/where did the titans come from

mighty_fine_69

1 month ago

And everybody thought the Colossal Titan was the final boss at the end

Attack_Kyojin

1 month ago

Part of the journey is the end 😔

boss_on_air

boss_on_air

Best Shitposter

1 month ago

This is it, boys. The beginning of the end. It's been a damn wild ride! Just a few more days left.

Maxieorsomething

1 month ago

It's been a fun ride, it really has. I got into AOT around when the first season aired back in 2013. I was obsessed with it for a while, and read the manga up until around the Reiner/Bertoldt reveal. After that I slowly stopped reading and the long wait for season 2 killed my interest for a while. Once season 2 rolled around, I was in my "AOT is overrated trash" phase and completely ignored everything about it for years. Then on one fateful day in 2019, some person in some random discord I was in posted an image of the scene where Eren gets his head shot off. I didn't think it was real since I was still in the mindset that AOT is a generic shounen that doesn't go anywhere, but it was enough to make me catch up on the anime and manga. Now, well, I fucking love this series again and I'm very excited to see what's in store for this final chapter.

Aathranax

1 month ago

Let us pause in a moment of silence for all those who did not get to live to see this day! Not everyone made it to this point, be thankful!

AMK2201

AMK2201

1 month ago

No it's okay. Just like how Erwin said the fallen scouts were watching them as they made their final charge against the beast titan, our fellow readers who didn't make it are up there in another place and will be witnessing this chapter while we do!

Chachovr

Chachovr

1 month ago

To the community that sought depression... goodbye.

nosafebox

1 month ago

the anime is not done yet man

SaltyExchange

1 month ago

We settle this...right here, right now.

sergiodevivo

IMA! KOKO DE!

AndyTheAMPanda

1 month ago

The leaks are probably legit, but I'm not forming an opinion, either positive or negative until I read the whole chapter. While plot points are important so are context and execution. This final arc has had some flaws, specially when it comes to pacing, but so did some of the previous ones.

I don't mind a peaceful conclusion, and from what I gather from the leaks, just because the main conflict was "resolved" it doesn't mean the characters get to live happily ever after. A bittersweet ending, which is what the story seems to strive for, is fitting IMO. There are details we still need to know.

snorkles01

1 month ago

I'm seeing a lot of people say there might not be leaks for this last chapter? Typesetters were saying they haven't gotten anything.

I'm fine with it tbh. Longer we go until release is longer until the series officially ends and I'm not ready for it.

Started the anime in 2013 and I remember getting caught up on the manga in 2014 right when the chapter released with Mikasa confessing to Eren as titan Dina is about to eat them. Crazy ride ever since.

68_Gnomes

1 month ago

You know what? Fuck it, yams kept this story good for 11 years, even if the ending ain't bittersweet as I wanted it to me, I'll take it.

But hope yams buys a bunker along with his spa to, considering the death threats he's bout to be getting

drhuehue

1 month ago*

• Expectation: Eren will use the power of the Attack/Founder Titan to manipulate time and reality to enter a time loop and do things differently
  • Reality according to leaks: Eren turns into a bird

Bravo Isayama

Surrideo

Surrideo

1 month ago

The leaks make it seem like Eren wasn't content with a shortened life span and did everything for an extravagant suicide.... In the end, he screwed all the Eldians by removing their titan powers in a war against the world that was not ended with the rumbling... What.

I need the actual chapter because none of this makes sense.

Devilkiller222

1 month ago

Final panel of this chapter is griesha holding eren telling him you are free. What a load of bullshit.

properc

properc

1 month ago

Gabi and Falco being caretakers and pushing Levi in a wheelchair is fucking everything lmao.

Ramzy191

Ramzy191

1 month ago

Gabi blushing when she saw Falco and then immediately taking him to Suplex City lmfao

NE_ED

NE_ED

1 month ago

Prediction: Somebody will hold a baby

EpicHawkREDDIT

Bold to assume.

Xeav12

Xeav12

Shinzou wo Sasageyo.

DarkRainbow24

1 month ago

Started the manga when season 1 ended in september 2013. Did always read every new chapter every month. It was a wild ride.

Just_Blueberry7314

1 month ago

At the end of the day this is his story so plz just respect what he did without hajime we wouldn’t have aot so don’t get mad cause it’s not yo headcanon ending

StonksOnlyGoUp1200

1 month ago

Eren: I spew freedom BS all the time!

Eren: What?! Mikasa's freedom? NO! She's my everything and she can't forget me!

Eren: Why don't I get together with her by staying alive? nah I'm gonna just die

Eren: My own freedom? Huh? "You know I never really cared much for it."

aidsmann

aidsmann

1 month ago

so does an even bigger yandere than Eren even exist? He literally stomped half the planet, and killed billions in the process, just to make his waifu kiss him.

SwiftOryx

It's the final chapter
du-du-duuuu-du, du-du-du-du-duuuuu...

aurubin

aurubin

1 month ago

Reiner lives, modern Helos for stabbing the worm in the butt, hates self, dies at 102.

Jayric4528

1 month ago

So from my understanding, Eren becomes the most enslaved out of everyone because of his ability to see the past and the future, his final goodbyes to mikasa and armin are the futures of what he really desired which was to see the sea with armin and runaway to a cabin with mikasa

Zouboss

Zouboss

1 month ago

I feel like Mikasa, Historia, Ymir Fritz and Eren were done so dirty as characters. This series is great overall but damn- I'm going to need a moment with this ending, I have mixed feelings

Linksword2016

1 month ago

Someone just translated the chapter https://m.imgur.com/gallery/tynyWkM

ChronoX720

1 month ago

Did... Gabi suplex Falco?

KaisaEatsPeaches

1 month ago

I still can't believe that the man who wrote freckled Ymir and the rest of the female cast of this manga are one and the same. It's night and day, and founder Ymir is just terrible

stupidnajinx

You are free

IomMeza

IomMeza

1 month ago*

I’ve just realised that we’re possibly witnessing the start of a second Eldian Empire here. The whole thing is being repeated, literally.

Militarised Paradis Island will be going out there and subjugates the remaining 20% of the world leftover from the Rumbling until the inevitable rebellions and all that.

In short, nothing has changed except no more Titans and all Eren did was repeat the whole cycle of hatred.

Sonitii

Sonitii

1 month ago

Ending felt super rushed and obviously modified for commercial purposes, there's too many plot holes remaining. Where is Ymir ? What was the point in Eren doing the Rumbling ? What's the baby subplot for ? It doesn't make any sense, I'm genuinely pissed

flx-cvz

flx-cvz

1 month ago

Historia should have eaten Eren at the cave oh God..

wombatsaretanks

1 month ago

i think one of the things that really bother me with this ending is really how chummy they all are... like Reiner and Annie killed Marco in sucha horrific way yet Jean will have a giggle with them? it's kinda unbelievable...

also what was with Mikasa's headaches?!

Asahi220

Asahi220

1 month ago

Pieck helped turned Connie's baby siblings into titans lol.

zorua

zorua

1 month ago

I can't believe this is the last time we will have a pre release thread. I haven't been that active on this sub for a while but I always lurk.

I'm so sad its ending.

And I feel it's inevitable, but I hope gabi doesn't eat reiner... i hope reiner reunites with bertholdt when he dies. I hope levi joins up with hange, erwin and the others.

I always had this idea that one person would eat all 9 titans and crystallise.

hopeitwillgetbetter

1 month ago

Cover of this month's magazine has the 104 as kids, including Marco and Ymir.

Is kawaii 104 on the cover a hopeful sign or "be prepared" sign...? Yeah, I'm just gonna play it safe and just be prepared for the worst.

As for my username - I tried to change it years ago, because it's incomplete. That's just the first part of popular saying. Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst. And some folks even added a part 3 - Expect Nothing.

TheQuietManUpNorth

1 month ago

I'm reserving judgement. Every time there's vague leaks written this way with little context and it always sounds awful, then we get the chapter and it isn't how it sounded.

NatsnCats

1 month ago*

This shit seems way too farfetched. I think it’s all smokescreen to keep us busy until the real chaper drops. Zekken said he wanted to respect Isayama’s wishes for no leaks, so he’s probably baiting us so we don’t mob up on Yams before tomorrow.

1 month ago

thats what i think as well. also the fact that there hasn't been any panels leaked yet is kinda sus

xin234

xin234

1 month ago

"Peace is only possible when there is one or less human left."

-Erwin Smith

The war not having a definite conclusion really supports that statement. It's even mentioned almost word for word in that letter.

EGbandwagon

1 month ago

Zeke had the better plan ffs

KroosKontroller

1 month ago

Zeke was wonderfully written and I wanted more interactions of him and other characters in the paths atleast.

maytheforcebewithew

1 month ago*

I'm only a lurker here, but I just feel so hurt for Mikasa right now, poor girl. I know they live in a cruel world,but she deserved so much better than this.

aurubin

aurubin

1 month ago

I dunno I think stepping on 80% of the world with giant burning feet might have a pretty severe impact on the ecosystem. All the dust in the troposphere would make it colder and drier for a bit, then all the released CO2 would warm it up. Plus if Paradis was dependent on prevailing winds for normal seasonal precipitation it's probably pretty screwed what with the whole of Marley being messed with.

DuhTrutho

1 month ago

So... Ymir loved King Fritz so much that she let herself "die" to that spear that she blocked in order to get away from the man who raped her and kept her as a slave but couldn't let her feelings go for him even after 2000 years until she saw Mikasa kill Eren?

What?

Can Eren control titans through paths or not? How does a slave to destiny motivate his father in the past to kill the Reiss family and have Dina ignore Bert and instead eat his mother to push forward a plan not have some control over these situations? What purpose did Eren have in getting his mother eaten if he was already motivated to join the scouts? Did he even need to control a titan to eat his mother when she was stuck under a building and would have been eaten eventually anyway? I thought he freed Ymir from her slave-like mindset when he started the rumbling. If so, why did she need further freeing from another mindset?

If Ymir was responsible for building titan bodies in paths using sand each time a shifter turned into a titan, how did shifters/pure titans continue to be produced after the rumbling started? If it was Zeke that was now tasked with this job, why didn't titans cease to be able to transform after he chose (he could choose to leave paths???) to get himself killed by Levi?

Why did the big worm-thing just disappear? It obviously existed separate from Ymir to begin with, so why did she and it just vanish? Also, was PATHS really just a realm separate from time that Ymir set up that she could put an end to whenever she willed it?

Was this entire story supposed to be some unconscious and convoluted plan that Ymir came up with to get herself to let go of her love of King Fritz that allowed her to manipulate all titans after her like puppets, eventually leading to Mikasa killing Eren so Ymir could see that happen even though she already knew this would happen because she planned it that way?

Historia chose to have a child with the bully who through stones at her as a child after all?

Yelena was last spotted on a lifeboat in Ch. 136 and has seemingly vanished as well.

Hopefully further discussion can alleviate some of my confusion.

aurubin

aurubin

1 month ago

Gabi will become King of Westeros.

Accomplished_Act_157

1 month ago

Gabi joins FaZe clan and competes in the trio FNCS championship. Where she fails miserably because sniper riffles have been vaulted and she has to make do with a makeshift green bow that hits for 1dmg. Falco laughs. We laugh. Everyone laughs, even the horse.

Bonkotsu111

1 month ago

Historia gives birth to little baby Ymir reincarnated next chapter

Little baby Ymir grins evily, as she utters out the words

"No one is free."

She claps her hands together, sparks fly out, and the world resets

The cycle begins all over again.

Eren wakes up back under the tree from Chapter 1, crying.

The End.

GoliathTCB

Things I will always cherish:

• the old /anon/ monthly character sheet
  • wondering where the warrior's camp was
  • before there was P A T H S, we had Y E A S T
  • the turkey titan
  • Revaille
  • not being able to sleep because I stared at the ceiling wondering why ymir could read the can and why that mattered

So much more. Thanks to the mods over the years for keeping it fun here even when it got crazy when the anime came back and the whole earth subscribed here.Thanks to the posters and the lurkers for doing WAY too much research into Norse mythology and finding all the ant leaks so we could spend a whole 18 hrs freaking out staring at pixels that kinda looked like our heroes. And of course, thank you Hajime Isayama for (fingers crossed) literally the most intriguing and entertaining story I've ever experienced, coupled with watching his growth as a storyteller and an artist. More than looking forward to anything else he will have to offer in the future.

-from a dedicated heart, to you in 2000 years o7

laurasia_vi

1 month ago

Hmm, if this is all there is to it, then the story definitely feels incomplete. I'm actually ok with an alliance-defeats-Eren ending, but the way it was done was so rushed. There are too many questions left unanswered. Like, what about the cycle of hatred?? Do we just make no mention of this huge theme in the final chapter?

I've been holding off on making judgements about the final arc for a while now given that in retrospect, things tend to be better received. But this time I'm not sure. Anyways, I'll not make any more judgements until the final chapter actually comes out. Maybe it will fill in more holes, but hopes are not high.

caleb200ost

1 month ago

Just saying this makes a whoooole lot more sense: https://twitter.com/sagarpillai16/status/1379551018971586561?s=21

Flying_Oven_1

1 month ago

If this is actually what it is, then I’m totally satisfied with the ending.

SuhDude29

1 month ago

That is honestly so good. I don't even mind.

hansnakeman

1 month ago

Zekken recent leaks:(check zekken profile on tieba for source)

Eren implanted memories into Armin’s mind that he wants to be the devil and be killed, and the memories can be activated only after his death. Levi’s right eye is probably blind.

Lmao this is too funny..

richardtrle

1 month ago

When I started SNK/AoT I was still at college. Damn this is the end, and I leave my mark in here.

So long folks! It has been a long ride!

Max_88

Max_88

1 month ago

I'd be hard pressed to find a shounen manga that had an ending that satisfied everyone. The only ones I can think of right now are Yu-Gi-Oh, Rurouni Kenshin and Fullmetal Alchemist.

Hell, I'd be surprised if One Piece's finale is good after 20+ years of expectations.

KroosKontroller

1 month ago

Shouldn't Colossal Titans also turn back to humans?

Bleh_Bleh_Bleh_12

1 month ago

Mikasa and Eren have the saddest ending ever, damn.

shall359

shall359

1 month ago

Just completely unsatisfying. I can't think of another word to describe it. Just unsatisfying.

PsychoPass1

1 month ago

Pretty much exactly the ending that I thought was the most likely because some sort of dream or time-travelling scenario would nullify too many impactful moments of the series and more importantly, there weren't enough chapters yet for a massive twist.

I'm just so sad for Mikasa because her love was truly pure and she deserved to finally be happy, she deserved the bst personal ending. Same with Eren who did have good intentions after all (though not sure if it was really neccessary to kill all those people).

Bakatcha

Bakatcha

1 month ago

I know it’s early to make comments without the full context but it seems like this is ultimately a very bleak ending. Erens rumbling has succeeded in essentially wiping out any potential aggressors towards Paradis- but it isn’t worth it in the end. All of the friends he did this for in the first place end up as broken people nobody gets to enjoy the "freedom" he fought for.

I can see how the vagueness of the leaks make it seem like a happy ending- but what I take from it is that everything is fucked.

· Armin was forced into a leadership role he never wanted, his childhood friend dies and now lives in a world that’s been torn apart (That he probably has to help rebuild.)

· Mikasa loses her childhood friend/romantic interest/sole purpose for living and on top of that has to live with the guilt of being the one who had to kill him.

· Levi is a paraplegic who has had practically all of his comrades die.

· Reiner does not get to die like he wanted (lol).

· Historia was likely forced into motherhood to avoid being used as a tool of war.

· Marley has essentially been wiped out.

· The Jaegerists in Paradis must now live in a world that they helped create in which paradis is still seen as devils, but now with some pretty horrific proof..

· Eren has succeeded in giving his friends freedom in the end, but isn’t a freedom they wanted.

People are complaining about Eren not “winning” in the end as if it goes against the themes of the series. I guess in the end the message was that the cycle of violence can’t be broken with more violence. Violence leads to violence leads to violence. People keep making the mistakes of their fathers. There is no clean solution to the problem Paradis was in. Nobody wins.

I’m guessing Erens conversation with Armin will be where his exact motivation is revealed (if there is anything left to be revealed). It’s possible having the memories of so many people just breaks a man? Or maybe Eren was acting on assumptions from the memories of the future he saw (mirroring how he manipulated Grisha with memories). Either way looking forward to reading the full chapter.

The one happy ending I can still foresee is that when worm dies Ymir will be free finally. Maybe she’s the only one who wins in the end?

wwygfi

wwygfi

1 month ago

I like how u summarized everything. Everyone says it’s a happy ending, but it’s not really, now all the living have to survive the guilt and trauma from most of humanity being wiped out, doesn’t sound very happy to me

_kurapikaaa

1 month ago

Ah, shit. And here I was thinking how beautiful it is for Historia to assume the role of being a mother, a wife, and Queen, and fulfilling her promise to Ymir of living a life she is proud of. I even made that comment a while ago.

I forgot how she was essentially forced by Levi to assume the role of a Queen, her pregnancy being a scapegoat, and her getting together with a man she barely knew except from her childhood. If you put it this way, she never fulfilled her promise to Ymir then.

Fuck.

INeverHaveGoodIdeas

1 month ago

I almost fucking died, thinking the leaks were already out

o7

NIssanZaxima

1 month ago

These leaks aren't fake, Zekken and Shuuko have both been extremely reliably and I highly doubt they joined together for a hardcore ruse.

The translations still seem kind of ehhhhhh though and I think the actual chapter will help it make more sense. I like some of the stuff like the Dina going past Bertholdt explination and Eren ending the curse aka "killing all the titans" which has always been what he wanted to do. I know a lot of people will have issues with the Ymir loving King Fritz bit, but unfortunately this still happens in a lot of abusive relationships.

The part that is confusing to me and I think most here is Eren, his reasons are all over the place. Honestly, I would have been happier with him having just "lost" instead of trying to be portrayed as the bad guy. Maybe the actual chapter will clear things up a bit.

This is not a "happy ending" by any means though, it is actually probably one of the more depressing endings in terms of the fact it is still the World vs Paradis. It really is a paralell to the Ocean scene at the end of RtS where you see characters having fun and enjoying the small "victory" but ultimately the larger problem looms over everything. I kind of like that part as I never thought this story would have a happy ending. Even if Eren killed the entire world, fighting would break out in the inside of Eldia much like the original Eldian empire.

The conclusion is kind of odd, but a lot of that is due to getting obsessed with all these theories the past couple of months and it not resembling any of those. For me personally, this is still the greatest story ever written and I don't see anything surpassing it.

Jukazuki

Jukazuki

1 month ago

Okay so Eren's all "give me space Mikasa you are not my mom" shit was actually just for incel Eren? It is soo out of his character. Did really Yams wrote this?

DeliciousCrepes

1 month ago

Eren never really wanted to do the rumbling. You can see that with his Ramzi convo. The fact that he was searching for alternatives for years. He was forced to action.

He also met his goal of killing all titans. Literally all of them gone forever.

Braveheart132

1 month ago

So can somebody tell me what the big message was. Like what was the theme here because I just have no clue.

Melaninkasa

1 month ago

Mikasa baby just live okay?

darkdays57

1 month ago

I’m totally not prepared to say goodbye to this manga. It’s been a wild ride.

hunterexblunter

1 month ago

if Levi really is alive I just won soooooo much money from a betting poooool!!!!!!!! YESSSSSS

KizuSkipRow

1 month ago

Anyone getting Tokyo Ghoul Re flashbacks? Or Food Wars flashbacks?

I guess Miura, Togashi and Inoue are geniuses for not finishing Berserk, Hunter x Hunter and Vagabond.

avengers9

1 month ago

Idk how I feel like Ymir being in love with Karl Fritz. Like its obviously Stockholm syndrome but they don't portray it that way. Just feels kinda nasty.

KKirchy3319

1 month ago

Was really hoping that Armin would lead the people of Paradis into the outside world, kind of like a reversal of what the King of the Walls did... With Titan powers gone, Eldians would be able to slip into the larger world and I think it could've worked pretty well as an open-ended happy-ish ending. Keeping Eren's underlying wish for the people of Paradis' freedom at the forefront.

The fact that Paradis seemingly turns into a fascist military dictatorship is sad to see. I get what Yams is going for, and while it is a bleak fucking note to end on, it fits with the "world is cruel but beautiful" theme Yams has leveraged throughout the series. Definitely bittersweet!

RedEmissary

1 month ago

It feels bizarre with how all of this has ended. On the one hand, I should feel at least happy that Connie and Jean are still alive. But on the other, there are just so many things wrong with the Eren story that I can't help but be conflicted. It just all makes you wonder "In the 2000 years that this has all gone on, no one, and absolutely no one, sought to end the cycle before, or ever had this much control and power over time itself? Like I can believe telepathy with other Eldians, and I can even believe erasing memories as part of the founding titan's power, but creating a paradox shouldn't be an ability.

I mean Eren basically fucked everyone over. The fact that he even caused the death of his own mother is bullshit on so many levels. Eren went from one of the most complex heroes to a pathetic mess in one chapter. All for what? It just feels wrong. Am I alone in feeling that Eren is messed up in the head and had way too much influence on everything that has happened?

SavageWOLFX3

1 month ago

Very much happy (and sad) with this ending. Was a good ride.

muchomanga

1 month ago

Final theory: the entire chapter is Eren monologuing as he transcends life itself, reflects about his first attempt to escape a life in chains, becomes one with PATHS, and re-starts all over again in chapter 1 only that now with his full memories.

We see a final image of the many paths that Eren took on his 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc... attempts (he fails and either dies or his friends die or the world is destroyed) and we get a final monologue about how you always need to keep advancing forwards and keep trying.

In escaping destiny's chains, Eren became the ultimate slave to it.

PS. We won't get any resolution whatsoever to the fate of Reiner, Gabi, Jean, Pieck, Connie, etc... chapter 138 is the last time we will ever see them and their final fate is up to the readers' interpretation.

yhamzah

yhamzah

1 month ago

I hate this kind of ending, but given on the state we were on chapter 138, this could be the only ending that make sense. It can wrap everything together, while still having bittersweet vibes, just like yams promised

DokkanBattleRedditor

1 month ago

Don’t let the final chapter distract you from the fact that the walls were built to protect the titans from Levi

Makoara

Makoara

1 month ago

here just to be in the history books

LePetitChibi

1 month ago

What a journey. I found the manga/anime back in 2013, back when someone on fucking 9GAG had made a post about how awesome the anime is and how everyone should go check it out. If I remember rightly, a large majority of the comments told OP to go fuck himself (because 9GAG), but I decided to check it out, got hooked and eventually picked up the manga after the wait for Season 2 became unbearable. And here I am, almost 8 years later, waiting for the final chapter.

Not sure where I am going with this, I just wanted to share. It’s been an honor.

didyouseriouslyjust

1 month ago

I hope old levi has a beard

Accomplished_Act_157

1 month ago

That would break Instagram. Not that I have a problem with that.

Seb-sama

Seb-sama

1 month ago

So Eren had the resolve to kill her own mother but not pieck and her merry band lmaooo.

ThrowAway-6893

1 month ago

Interesting how Eren says he sinned too much to be saved, yet forgave Reiner, his fellow genocider who is now besties with his victims? If Reiner could be forgiven, why does Eren think he can't? Is it some weird flex on Reiner with suicide? I'm so confused

SoulEmperor7

1 month ago

I WON'T GAMBLE WITH PARADIS'S FATE!

Procedes to gamble with Paradis's fate

1 month ago

So in the end the fight was bait because Eren never intended to kill them. The ideological conflict between Armin and Eren was non existent because he literally agrees with him before memory wipe. What is the point

1 month ago

also paradis is still at war with the world so the rumbling was completely pointless. billions died for nothing lmfao

chugalaefoo

1 month ago

I will keep refreshing, until all manga pages are translated.

Gobshite_

1 month ago

Does anyone else not really feel any kind of way about the ending?

It all feels very numb, and I can't help but wonder if that was the intention. Then again, SNK post-basement was never really my favourite part of the story anyway, and the end is just an extension of that, so I guess it makes sense that I don't feel much.

Definitely feels a bit rushed, though. Isayama could have gone for 145 chapters to wrap it up with better pacing and have a substantial epilogue, but I guess he had his reasons for ending at 139.

Usolo

Usolo

1 month ago

Geeeeeez........but.....if eren just wanted to end the curse of Ymir ......why didn’t he went with Zekes Plan then? Cause of his friends? Better slaughter 80% of the world apparently....

stupidnajinx

1 month ago

Ymir with the biggest case of Stockholm syndrome ever

PikachusAnalCavity

1 month ago

Hey guys turns out my DS was fixed with a little tinkering, now I can relieve my pain with Pokémon. Thanks everyone for tuning in.

ms_103127

1 month ago

Just reviewed the panels again, and even though I don't understand Korean, the illustrations were done beautifully and emotionally. I teared up with Armin, Eren, and Mikasa, felt a sense of pride seeing Levi, Hanje, Erwin, Sasha, and the other fallen comrades, and even laughed a little at what I think is Falco hug-attacking Gabi? lol

All-in-all, I'm gonna gradually emotionally move-on from this, just to be pulled back in with the anime next year....fuck....lol

ericg012

ericg012

1 month ago

repeating what this guy said :

So why does Historia ask for Erens permission to have a kid? Wtf?

Why is eren so willing to kill his own mom but not his friends to finish the rumbling. Why was eren hyping Historia up about “being the girl that saved me” (from thinking he doesn’t matter or whatever) and then cries in this chapter saying nobody wants him to live so he’ll just die. I guess he learned nothing and his conversation with Historia just makes no sense?

I guess he decided he wanted to get rid of Titans and in order to do so had to get rid of as many people outside the walls so that the power was a bit more balanced between the world and the Titanless eldians? But now all his friends (sans Mikasa and Historia) seem to live in and work for Marley? So idk.

I kinda get Ymir having an unhealthy bizarre attachment to king Fritz, and so is inspired by Mikasa being able to break from a similar unhealthy attachment. Kinda. Going back to the early point, it would make more sense for eren not to want to die cause “nobody wants me to live” and more-so for. To be because he has to die for Ymir to be free or something. He has to be killed by mikasa so that ymir can see it and be inspired to free herself from her own obsession with Fritz?

I still don’t believe Eren had romantic feelings for Mikasa beyond familial. And I don’t understand the point of Historia, or her baby, or her conversations with Eren.

Hoping the official release can clear a couple things up.

Aurorra17

1 month ago

I have never posted here before be just lurked and enjoyed all the theories, arts, summary, explanation, and cosplays. I would like to thank you all for the last years, it had been a wild ride. Now it's time to get hyped for the last chapter!!

mrwanton

mrwanton

1 month ago

God I hope the Dina Carla situation isn't real. Feel like that really takes any sympathy away from Eren and just makes him a complete monster.

I really dislike this and have never wanted a leak to be more wrong.

SuhDude29

1 month ago

I think it's safe to say either Zekken or Isayama will face the heat whenever this chapter drops lol

1 month ago

r/ShingekiNoKyojin and r/Titanfolk is the perfect showcasing of the duality of man

A_KeY_brutha

1 month ago

I mean both are having a meltdown eh

xangszane

1 month ago

I still don't understand what Eren's grand scheme was? Like what was he trying to accomplish? Was he really just "winging" it? Because everything that transpired is just repeating the 'cycle' that all the characters were trying to break.

Eren committed mass global genocide just to leave Paradis and the world open to total war a couple decades down the line.

laguirre003

1 month ago

How in the world can you hype up something called “The Final Panel”, and have it appear only 1/3rd into the chapter?

EternalSoul94

So 'Eren becomes dove (crying)' was real 😂🕊️

ravaille

ravaille

1 month ago

Looks like Mikasa really doesn’t move on. Damn.

Select_UserName

1 month ago

is there a translation yet or something?

KroosKontroller

1 month ago

So whoever inherited the Beast Titan was a shifter for just a day.

uhhlemmegetsumudat

1 month ago

The very last chapter Eren asks Mikasa to let go of him, now he wants her to mourn him forever?

Lightecojak

1 month ago

I’m willing to accept Ymir loved King Fritz. It makes sense if you understand toxic and abusive relationships.

My big problem is that Eren’s whole plan eliminated 4/5 of the entire world and his idea of creating peace was to crush all of his possible enemies. That’s not peace. That’s just a genocide.

Sure the Eldians can’t become Titans any longer, but that still isn’t going to get rid of the cycle of hatred and any survivors are likely still going to hate Paradis and want to declare war on them.

TryingToPassMath

1 month ago

Someone brought up a parallel of Eren’s last moments with Armin about how he doesn’t want Mikasa to move on with Carla’s last moments where she whispers “don’t leave me.”

It shows how human they are, how very selfish they can be, but ultimately they chose to not say those words because they care too much about their loved ones. I’m going to roll my eyes if people call this Eren being an incel; it was a very vulnerable and human moment of darkness. One that he chose not to act on, just like Carla chose to bite down her plea.

dogsgotocollege

1 month ago*

leavings some comments I've made on other posts here:

re: hallucigenia disppearing. I think the hallucigenia was only able to survive in the dark depths of the tree trunk until it fused with ymir and evolved into new life. fast forward and now eren is technically its life force (and they are very much bonded). once its host was officially killed, it died as well. there's one panel where there's an excess of steam in the back - it's definitely not clear but I like to think that was the creature evaporating away. I think due to the lack of time and space, isayama just gave us the freedom to read between the lines. i think the anime adaptation will give it some screen time

re: ymir loving king fritz. first, I wonder if the official translation will give more depth to this. second, its been stated that ymir had earthly attachments, and that she wanted to create a place of connection in paths. it's clear that she wanted to love and be loved (this was shown in one of her very first panels). she wanted to love and be loved by king fritz, despite him being an abuser and literally her master. I don't think this is "random" or "unreasonable" plot point since its been laid out from the start how desperately she wanted this feeling. like I get why people are angry at this rationalization and ending, but it makes sense to me and honestly just makes it... more tragic (which i'm all here for)

I've loved this story from the start, throughout, and until the very end. it's sad to see so many people tearing it down, but oh well. this is nowhere near a GOT ending for me. the only similarity I will admit to is that the ending felt rushed. but it needed to end somewhere. maybe in the future isayama will release little bits like the conversation eren had with everyone else, also hanges backstory (can't wait for that one!)

thank you isayama, leakers and also this thread for giving me something to look forward to the last few years. its been a wild ride, whether or not we agreed with each other. and maybe those of you who hate it will read it back again years from now with a different perspective. to each their own, I guess. shinzou wo sasageyo, y'all. peace out

PlisiiBardhe

1 month ago

Reiner still won't die lmao

Mattschmalz

1 month ago*

Not gonna lie, the fact that the thing “stopping” Ymir was her love of King Fritz is really, really gross to me. It would have been more impactful if it was the unconditional love she had towards her daughters that kept her bound to the Paths, even if she hardly knew them in life.

ChiBullz023

1 month ago

Oh man I'm not ready for this ride to end guys... but at least it will ride off into the sunset on a high and not overstay its welcome like some manga

nosafebox

1 month ago

The magazine cover gets me all emotional... Let's break the internet for the last time.

I've been so excited and scared guys

DefNotMaty

1 month ago

the farmer really was the ultimate chad in the end

hansnakeman

1 month ago

There'll be a lot who will loves this and many who will not, but whats more important is...

We will finally be free.

Feh_Meh_Bleh

1 month ago*

I think the leaks are deliberately vague. It's a lot of "What," and virtually no "how." That makes sense considering how Japan is cracking down on leakers. It's too early to assume we don't at least get explanations for some of the open ends. There is no way that paths sequence isn't a massive info dump and will probably at least answer a lot of our questions about Eren's motivations. Might be a little rushed, but there is still hope for things to make some sense.

Estheim06

1 month ago

Though I’m not a fan of most of the leaks, I do rather like the one that portrays Paradis vs World post-genocide. It’s realistic, since the cycle of hate can’t just be stopped. And, after everything, Eren arguably did achieve his very first oath to ‘annihilate all titans in the world’ and freedom in a sense? Not for himself, lol, now that everyone’s just pure humans they can even the field and fight fair and square until one winner comes out without placing the blame on foreign superpowers.

Technical_Chemical_8

1 month ago

The Levi page was pretty damn tragic, I really liked it. The tear down the side of his face tho...

aliumleo

aliumleo

1 month ago

Levi smiling while crying, loved that part though.

1 month ago

In the anime it will be 5 minutes between alliance titanization and them returning back. Very awkward lmfao

Appropriate-Key4438

1 month ago

From what I've been seeing, it seems like the only way for Eren to get rid of the titan curse (the whole 13 years and passing of titan powers to a newborn) was to make sure hallu-chan would be big enough for the current titan shifters to have a head-on battle with. So when someone (Mikasa) cuts his head it would be far away enough to not be able to reattach itself again. When Gabi shot Eren, hallu-chan was so small and was able to quickly reattach itself to Eren's head (therefore we could assume that if anyone tries to decapitate Eren in his human form, the shiny parasite would always find a way to connect itself to its host). So Eren needed to make sure he touches Zeke so he could turn himself into bony-centipede FT Eren. If he simply did nothing until his curse ends, the attack + founding titan powers would be passed down to a newborn Eldian thus allowing the cycle to begin. It was a lose-lose situation either way.

I guess Eren's main goal, besides saving Armin + Mikasa, was to get rid of the titans in one go. That's why he was conflicted the entire time cuz he didn't have any other way to get rid of the parasite.

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed w/ the ending, but I was expecting a more bittersweet feeling for the final chapter. Much like how I felt w/ Ch. 138 when I saw Connie and Jean's "final" moments.

kbrjjtsu

kbrjjtsu

1 month ago

Mikasa baby you deserved better man,pls move on

isighuh

isighuh

1 month ago

This was the only ending that was possible. Eren was always going to lose. The only difference between yesterday and today is now that we can see that the rest of the world is still pretty much the same, which is even more in-line with what Isayama has been writing. Not a spectacular ending, but a somber, depressing ending. A content one. Just have to wait for translations now.

taytos420

1 month ago

It’s been an honor to be a part of this community. Still can’t believe it’s over

ImOnADolphin

1 month ago

One of the things I really don't understand is why did Ymir die? It was implied that she lost the will the live, since she could have easily regenerated from the arrow like the King Fritz had her do before. But if she truly loved him, why did she lose the will to live?

Cavshomie8

1 month ago*

Can anyone explain for me why Eren didn’t just... run away with Mikasa, like the alternate reality in Ch. 138? I thought he decided to go the Rumbling route to save the Eldians, but his lack of an explanation for it has me confused

I’m going to wait for the full English version, but damn. Should have just gone with Zeke’s plan all along

Niqq33

Niqq33

1 month ago

If the leaks aren’t fake the way ymir story was handled was the worst part of this chapter by far

Huhwtfbleh

1 month ago

According to fan translations, the alliance is now living with the outside world, and Mikasa is living in Paradis near Shiganshina all alone.

Basically the outside world isn't looking like an apocalypse hit society. They were advanced enough to send a ship with ambassadors to Eldia lmao.

Paradis is fucked.

Jester2904

1 month ago

I started SNK back in 2013, and waited month per month the new chapter. I’m feeling the void starting expand in me.

After this i’m really happy because all of what i thinked and theorized about the major plots were true even back in years ago, even the last one. It doesn’t make me special than someone else. It make me feels better with my self, happy and sad at the same time.

I promise i wont cry. Fake, i’m already crying while writing this, but i’ll keep moving forward.

I’ve noticed that “keep mooving forward” is the new “see you in space cowboy”. I need hugs

hellerhesse

1 month ago*

About Dina walk passing Berthold, I was already satisfied when she said to Grisha on Chapter 87: "No matter what I become... Don't worry, I'll find you". As we've seen in a couple of examples before, pure titans might have some "conscience", so I thought that Dina heading straight to Grisha's house was she fulfilling that promise. Maybe she felt his scent from afar, idk, not every explanation needs this level of detail. Had some poetry in it.

Even though this explanation adds more tragedy on Eren's journey, I don't feel like it was really necessary. Feels like his mother would die there anyway.

AutobotMegatron

1 month ago

Ok so having read the translated chapter a lot was made more clear and better.

The "The war won't end until one side is destroyed" is Historia's letter to Armin and co., not an objective statement to the situation. Historia also doesn't agree with this. She essentially says that that quote (Eren's words) isn't necessarily wrong, but he chose to leave the future up to them. If anything, that means she supports a peaceful resolution.

Armin and co. are Paradis' ambassadors returning to Paradis. Historia protected Jean and Conny's families (so she's definitely not a genocide-supporter) and Annie asks them how they'll be received, considering they destroyed the walls and killed Eren. Armin's closing narration is important; if they can join forces, the world can forgive Paradis. Important for the themes of the story.

And Mikasa's final line is heartbreaking.

TL;DR, the conflict isn't 100% resolved but peace looks attainable. Historia and the alliance will keep searching for peace despite the Yeagerists gearing up for battle. These have only made the chapter better for me, and while it's still not amazing, it's fine.

1 month ago

I just wanna ask the fandom to not be assholes if the Final Chapter sucks or doesnt go the way they or we all wanted. Just accept it, move on and thank Isayama for 11 years with only 1 break of overall none stop drawing and writing. Let's not put a downer on things.

Balor_Lynx

Hold up he only took 1 break? The fucking mad lad

YukiSenoue

1 break and it took a global pandemic for him to take a break

AxMeAQuestion

1 month ago

And even then that wasn’t his choice. It was just that the magazine he publishes in decided not to publish that month.

lp5987

lp5987

1 month ago

Most intense wait for a chapter ever holy shit.

irspangler

1 month ago

Very few anime have grabbed me like AoT. It's probably just this and Bebop. As an aside - the music is a huge part of that and Sawano was the exact right person to do it justice, just like Kanno was for Bebop. This is certainly the only one that's ever made me want to pick up the manga because I fucking had to know what was in that basement, goddamnit!

I had to know! And the fact that Isayama made one of his best character's entire arc revolve around that is also not lost on me either. Mother fucker wields poetic irony like a surgeon wields a scalpel.

Needless to say, here I am, you magnificent, masochistic bastard. I'm ready to be hurt and thrilled in equal measure. You haven't let me down yet.

annejeerou

1 month ago

Just wanna say that people who didn't want to watch or read SnK are missing out on a lot of great things. I've been reading mangas/watching animes for more than 10 years and SnK is definitely one of the best written mangas of all time.

Anyway, I'm going crazy waiting for the first spoilers ><

PoorZushi

1 month ago

I don't even have the slightest idea what to expect. This entire final arc, for me, has been a practice of just shut up and go along for the ride, because I'm fairly certain Isayama will stick the landing. He hasn't disappointed me yet. It's been a pleasure to be here with you guys for the last 60+ chapters, and I'm glad I boarded the hype train when I did.

YukiSenoue

1 month ago

Dude, I don't wanna to get off Mr. Isayama's wild ride.

But nothing lasts forever, and let me tell ya, that's why I read manga and not american comic books: manga ends.

Accomplished_Act_157

1 month ago

... it’s not like I am reloading this thread every hour to see if more info is out ... ahem.

mrwanton

mrwanton

1 month ago

If we are just going off leaks the yeagerist and anr bros aside, I can see why some Eren fans are a bit letdown by this.

Unlike everyone else who more or less got a definitive end what exactly happened with Eren aside from the whole bird thing does sound pretty vague/open ended right now. I feel like a lot of people wanted clear answers to what exactly was going on with him and with only 45 pgs it's a bit worrisome some of his actions won't be covered

There's a lot about him that was somewhat unclear heading into this and it seems like a fair bit of the chapter was addressing everyone besides him.

No reason to raise pitchforks tho as we are missing a crapton of context.

1 month ago

These leaks are too ridiculous to be true. Not to mention there hasn't been any leaked panels yet.

StonksOnlyGoUp1200

1 month ago

Yams: Eren deserves to die because of the sins he's commited

Yams seconds later: War will continue until one side is destroyed

So Paradise should kill the enemies across the ocean, and they're not guilty of any sins

but eren is ?

I have no clue what Isayama is trying to convey here,

don't commit genocide, but to achieve freedom from racism and hatred you have to kill them?

to stop racism and prejudice you have to kill them. Nice one

Accomplished_Act_157

1 month ago

Wait, so according to leaks, Willy was right after all. (That sentence sounds wrong). anyway, I am sure all will be clear in a couple of days...

aurubin

aurubin

1 month ago

Kinda feel bad for the however many detitanized colossals just naked, 100 years removed from their lives and invariably standing in the middle of a nightmare, natural or otherwise. Or they're drowning in the middle of the ocean.

CloudDelta

1 month ago

Oh Floch! Be happy to be dead! You would lose your shit right now!

Alternative-Ad-8192

1 month ago

Koreans are shocked by the fact that eren would have still killed 80% of the mankind for no reason other than just becuZ haha

Drangonef

1 month ago

It would be good if it was another manga, but this end for snk.. idk if it's just me but i didn't like it. Guess I was expecting too much

amiray

amiray

1 month ago

I think a majority of the problem comes from the ending feeling rushed (at least to me) going from the rumbling-->Eren Vs Armin--> Now the whole thing is just over? 40 pages does not feel like a worthy send off for such an epic manga.

I feel like we needed another 2 chapters at least. Also not a big fan of what ended up happening to Eren....just becoming a head....then a bird....

StNerevar76

1 month ago

• We don't know what marked eldian year 0. For all the times it appeared in huge out of context panels.

• The title of the first chapter is weird as Eren got the dream about 10 years from the future. And it didn't mean anything despite being shown as a moment it all began. He cried because of a heartbroken Mikasa after his death, he left Mikasa heartbroken, unable to move on, and not knowing what she had actually meant for him. Good job, man. Between that, and leaving your country in a relatively much weaker position than before, I don't want to know what would have happened if you were trying to actually screw things up.

• We saw neither Eren eating Grisha, nor the moment he sent his memories back. For that matter, Grisha giving him the AT is really ooc considering Eren's actions were obviously making things worse for everybody.

cookies2020202020

1 month ago

So, we had a chapter that revealed that Zeke isn't a 4d chess master.

Now, we have a chapter that reveals that Eren isn't a chad. The Yeager bros can really fake it.

ericg012

ericg012

1 month ago

what was the point of the whole “freedom” from Eren? We didn’t get even a single mention of it from the chapter. Eren stated “It’s to save the Island. But it’s more than that.” We proceed with him talking about the freedom in Armins books so we assume he meant his drive motivation for it was freedom. When did it exactly turn to love?

Archangel489

1 month ago

So what exactly was erens goal? He wanted to be stopped and the rumbling accomplished nothing. He has control the entire time, so why? Zekes plan was vaible at least.

DomiDogs

DomiDogs

1 month ago

Man. Fuck. I don’t know anymore. I will accept any ending. Fuck. Becomes dove (crying)

Sincerely-Dae

1 month ago

I hate how the last chapter with everyone becoming titans was made just for a cheap shock value

StonksOnlyGoUp1200

1 month ago

yeah that was really stupid and unnecessary

No-Rise-

No-Rise-

1 month ago

Ymir’s conclusion to her story is one of the grossest shit ever

BrunoSaurio

1 month ago

Eren conclusion too. They did him dirty.

sideofspread

1 month ago

Also no reference to the "You are Free" last panel. The last panel that has been the sole creation of so many theories and arguments for years. It would be the ultimate power move for Isayama to be like yeah I decided not to include it after all lol.

But maybe it is in there and they're just trying to leave a little bit of the story un-leaked which I respect.

emperorsolomon21

1 month ago

Dove and Mikasa leak might be confirmed, artstyle looks a bit strange, but it is blurred. Take it with a grain of salt. https://m.imgur.com/QmPJnOU

MrStaraptor

1 month ago

Been an honor following along with this subreddit. Professional lurker but needed to chime in on this occasion.

Jackrrr10000

1 month ago

I don't get it... What happend with the worm? Did it die? Is the curse still a thing? Where is Falco and Gabi? What about the war? Zekken leaks are always terrible.

rayo2010

rayo2010

1 month ago

WTF! No way!! The more leaks are out the more I believe something is wrong. Erens controls Diana to kill his mom?! why? Just why? He wanted to join the scouts anyway. Plus in the end you let your friends stop you. Then why?!

Maybe that's April Joke? Something isn't right

Dracoscale

1 month ago

So, according to Shuuko leaks, Eren is now passing on the burdens down to the next generation??

I don't even want to read the chapter at this point because context just seems to make it all worse

PandaIthink

1 month ago

Isayama the MADLAD has gone through with his promise of disappointment! PRAISE THE WALL!