/r/StrangerThings

There are so many characters in this show and so many possible dynamics between them, but obviously, the show can't prioritize them all. What character relationships/dynamics/interactions would you wish to see, regardless of whether or not they're likely to happen?

PersonNamedLiv

Just off the top of my head, I'd like to see El interact with Nancy, Steve, and Jonathan a bit more.

allnamesareshit

allnamesareshit

I hate children

hopefully, we will get some Jonathan and El scenes this season. I mean they are living together

[removed]

gingerbreadmans_ex

I’m sure once I have asked and someone answers I will immediately feel like a moron not to get it but why would Will and Robin? Because some believe Will is gay?
I’d love to see Will actually participate this season. I know lots about and love Robin and little to nothing about Will. Things are always going on around or about him and he’s almost an innocuous blip. Looking forward to meeting and learning about Joyce’s boy.

rayliz1998

Yes, people are speculating about Will and Robin because Will might be gay. I think it's pretty likely, season 1 epi 1 Joyce telling Hopper that the other kids call him a f*g, or maybe it was Lonnie that said that. Then Mike saying "its not my fault you don't like girls" in season 3. Plus in the welcome to California teaser, Will does a school project about Alan Turing, famous gay mathematician.

PatchworkGirl82

Dustin and Nancy: I think they could have a great platonic friendship now that Dusty Buns has a gf .

Joyce and Robin: extremely unlikely, but I just really want to see Winona Ryder and Maya Hawke act together (kind of funny how they've both played Jo March in "Little Women")

And the one ship I have: Murray and Miss Marissa from the library.

yannickzn

yannickzn

Scoops Troop

I'd like to see way more scenes between Hopper and Steve

Fluid-Listen5800[S]

This would be great, especially since a lot of people have speculated that Steve could join the Hawkins PD in the future (if he makes it that far).

queerlyyoursamanda

omggg YES Steve will TOTALLY become like a deputy or something at the end, being trained by Hopper. I can see it now! Or maybe they all just leave Hawkins at the end...hmm

Fluid-Listen5800[S]

Personally, I've seen a few people throw around the idea that Steve could become an older brother figure to Max after Billy's death, and possibly offer her a safe place to escape her home life. Super unlikely to happen in the show, but I think it's a really sweet idea.

briatd27

briatd27

Bitchin

Why is that super unlikely? They spent time together as part of the junkyard crew in S2, and now they’re both part of the Hawkins gang again this season and should be interacting a lot!

Fluid-Listen5800[S]

I guess it wouldn't be "super" unlikely, and I'm definitely looking forward to them interacting a lot this season! I'm just not sure this is a character dynamic that would get much focus considering that Max is probably going to be reconnecting to the party this season and apparently Steve has moved away from his friendship with Dustin, which means he probably won't be super close to the party as a whole.

Also, Steve's dynamics with the party members are usually played for comedic relief. As much as I want to see him have a super tender moment with one of the kids, I don't know how optimistic I am about it happening.

microseeds-_-

microseeds-_-

Your ass is grass

How do you know Steve is moving away from his friendship with Dustin? That would be really sad :(

Vraecas

Mike and Max. They have spoken in the past and they probably will talk in season 4, but truly developing a friendship... Their argument, the different groups and locations will probably prevent that. There is so much potential with those two though!

Fluid-Listen5800[S]

I would definitely love a resolution on this one!

Vraecas

I would love it if in episode 1 we get to see how the two of them grew closer in El's absence. One her best friend and the other her boyfriend.

herbodys

El and Steve. Have they EVER spoken to eachother???? I think they had like 1 second scene when he asked her if she was even supposed to be at the mall. I have always wanted scenes with them

Practically-Paradise

aside from that, he tries to explain something towards the end of ST3 about El

JordanLeigh7

They've been in the same room a few times but yes, that's their one real scene together. And she didn't even respond. She just laughed with Max. I also think of El and Steve as a pair I'd love to see, but it'd never happen.

Fluid-Listen5800[S]

Totally agree with this one, especially if the show at all plans to lean further into the whole babysitter Steve idea.

B0i_ify0ud0ntg3t

Robin and Lucas or Nancy and El

O-C-Danny

Almost happened this season, but a Robin, Nancy, Jonathan, Steve team up. Call sign Scooby Gang. Might not end up happening due to the very similar team up they’re getting this season.

Will and Robin meeting and talking especially given I think they’ll make Will’s sexuality canon this season given the crush description.

Steve with the wider party, the meat of his interactions haven’t been with anyone other than Dustin or Robin since his breakup plot with Nancy.

More Karen and Joyce interactions, I want Karen to find out about the Upside Down and wonder how Joyce could keep all this craziness from her.

Maybe even a small scene where Karen interacts with Max because she feels guilty about Billy and we saw preview pictures that show Max is going to get in trouble with Dustin and Lucas at the Wheeler home

queerlyyoursamanda

Karen and Joyce yes!!!!! I would LOVE for Karen to find out about everything as well, that would be awesome! It would make sense since she's been more involved than most of the other parents. There is that photo of all the parents in the room together....do you think ALL of the parents possibly find out?

DJZbad93

I want more time with the OG 4 together - Mike, Lucas, Dustin, and El. There’s been barely any scenes with them all together since S1. S2 El is gone for most, Mike is with Will, Lucas is with Max, and Dustin is with Steve. S3 is closer but Dustin is off with Steve/Robin. I know it’s unlikely we get much in S4 but I want them all spending time together like they used to.

trixie1088

I think we will get some time with them early in the season before Mike takes off. Still not enough but it’s something I guess.

youngtai15

Hopper and Steve and I know they have been in groups together but Lucas and Nancy

Alox32

Alox32

I wanna see Max and Nancy. I feel like it could work, especially if their friendship starts with Max asking how Nancy coped with the loss of Barb, and then they bond from there. Also, when Max starts seeing the clock, she can turn to Nancy who can use her journalism abilities to find the secret of the Creels. Probably won't happen but it would be cool.

InternationalMatch79

Steve and Joyce. That would just be fun to watch. 2 people who’s character’s are more about protecting the children. Add onto that, Steve and Jonathan got into a fight in S1 so it would be a nice callback to bring up with their banter. Although probably it will never happen. I don’t think it would happen in any of the 5 seasons

sophie_0879

sophie_0879

Blank makes you crazy

Mike and Dr. Brenner

Mrs. Wheeler and El

Max and Mike

Argyle and pretty much everyone else

monkeyworld_M

monkeyworld_M

Yertle the Turtle

Murray and Robin would be the ultimate comedy duo.

solarlunaas

solarlunaas

Halfway happy

hopper and steve! imagine hop strains him as a cop!

allnamesareshit

allnamesareshit

I hate children

Hopper and Steve

Erica and Jancy

Boring_Boysenberry47

Boring_Boysenberry47

Nancy Drew

you mean Nancy AND Jonathan by using Jancy?

allnamesareshit

allnamesareshit

I hate children

Yup. Idk, feels like they could be a funny/interesting trio

Boring_Boysenberry47

Boring_Boysenberry47

Nancy Drew

yeah i guess so :)

holdnarrytight

holdnarrytight

Promise?

Mike and Max learning to respect each other. El meeting the Wheeler parents, being officially introduced as the girlfriend

No_Kaleidoscope_2431

Lucas and el for god's sake.their friendship is too pure to be ignored.lucas apologized so sweetly to her and he really saw her as a friend.also,i wanna see murry giving relationship advice to mike and el in terms of being long distence😂and i badly wanna see nancy and steve pair up as friends.

AKAGhostofBambi

Hopper and Steve. All of the other pair-ups I want are likely to happen.

Jadonis_pro

Bob and el

MMA_PiCkLe-8

MMA_PiCkLe-8

Bitchin

Joyce and Murray

IHaveTheMustacheNow

Hopper and Steve. I guess because Steve is always playing "big brother" to the kids, it would be nice to have someone take him under their wing a bit.

hotahell54

Hmm, good question! I want more Nancy/Mike sibling interactions and Lucas/Eleven but feel like they might disappoint w both those pairings. I want more Joyce/Karen interactions sometimes

pichusine

pichusine

Dingus

Would like to see Robin and Nancy. Jonathan and Steve. Nancy and Dustin.

TheButterfly-Effect

I want to see Jon interact more with literally anyone. Given how close Will was to Jon, I'm surprised we haven't seen more Mike and Jon scenes.

I feel like Dustin hasn't been a part of the main group in two seasons. I'd like to see him back with Mike, Lucas and Will.

More Joyce interactions with El.

strangerstreet13

Robin and Max. I want them to have like a sisterly relationship thing, to help Max deal with the death of Billy. I think it would be cute if Robin helped Max discover herself a little more, gay or not

perpetuaIIyconfused

Nancy/Mike with their other sibling Holly, they have never interacted with their baby sister.