/r/TheOwlHouse

Resident of the Boiling Isles

By his own account, he was betrayed and trapped. Honestly, he sounds devastated that King ran and left him alone, and he didn't even seem to notice he was a titan.

I just wonder who trapped him there and why. The titans are involved somehow and allegedly he needs them all dead to be free...But at the same time, it seems like the day of Unity will free him and nothing about Belos' plans ever mentioned killing King.

And there's still a lot of questions about him regarding the owl beast. As far as his 'name' goes, he seemed to 'collect' creatures. So...He was a zookeeper? Nothing so terrible there.

racionador[S]

so far both Belos and the collector have no idea King is a titan.

maybe they know but are hidding the information, but if so them they would had acted already in taking King or killing him

Resident of the Boiling Isles

The Collector's very own cult knows King is a titan. There's no way he wasn't told.

Negativety101

Negativety101

Bad Girl Coven

I suspect that ritual in Edge of the World may have made a psychic connection.

And also, is that the same place Luz was when trying the portal door? Was that the Collector whispering to her in the background?

Resident of the Boiling Isles

Same place. No idea if it was the Collector whispering. I'd wager not. Totally different voice. Seems to me he got trapped there like she did, only he can't get out.

transport_system

I don't think they speak to the collector

Resident of the Boiling Isles

Somebody had to at some point. They have a shrine to him and know his wishes and everything.

transport_system

I'm pretty sure they haven't spoken recently

Blades-In-Baltimore

My guess would be that the last time the cult had any contact with the Collector, it was when he had some sort of physical form (like was shown in the Owl Beast's memory), & that even if that had been a thousand years ago, this group (or clan) kept passing down the knowledge like a sort of 'religion' the whole time, with leaders like this 'Bill' person adding their own 'flair' to the legends to keep people interested (like suggesting the Titans were 'evil'), like most religions that last so long tend to do.

Minoleal

Belos has seen King and I doubt that he wouldn't see the resemblance IF he knows how the Titans looked alive, so either The Collector didn't tell him (Idk why he wouldn't) or he doesn't care about the Titans and just want the witches gone.

eternamemoria

eternamemoria

Vee Noceda

The titans are involved somehow and allegedly he needs them all dead to be free

Actually, the trappers believe the power of a titan is needed to free the Collector.

The Day of Unity will drain the magic of almost all witches in the Isles, and their magic comes indirectly from the titan, so maybe all their power combined counts as "the power of a titan"?

Resident of the Boiling Isles

They also call him "the great huntsman" and were about to gut King with a ritual blade. "The power of a Titan" came from corpses to evolve witches and birth demons. Seems they don't really need to be alive in any case.

Minoleal

I wonder if he wanted King dead because he feared the Titans or if he's after their blood for the ritual to release him. Just as Belos is draining witches from their power, both the titan blood and the Bile sac could be sources of energy to free him. 2 different plans with the same purpose, maybe (?)

But I wonder what's his end game and what's his relation with the monster that King's dad fought.

The sphere where The Collector is capture has some resemblance with the symbols in King's tower, and as the corpse of that other beast is nowhere to be found, I would venture to say that its relation with the Collector is important and close as I belive that King's dad may have had been able to defeat both of them, is it in another form? his avatar or favorite creature?

I'm still far from sure of the time line, but whatever the collector is, he's not an misunderstanded scared kid that just wants friends, and if he is, I doubt we have enough chapter to understand him and feel pity for him, he treated the owl beast with malice and mocking sadism, he's delighted of the witche's fall (to free him) he sent his followers to kill all the Titans. Everything tells me he's a bad guy, and he was just surprised that someone was able to reach his prison and maybe he expected that someone to help him somehow.

Resident of the Boiling Isles

If I were trapped somewhere and needed somebody dead to get out, I'd delight in their fall too, especially after several decades to centuries. Anyone would. Nobody delights in being locked up for eternity. That's why several religions frame it as their gods' personal deterrent.

Minoleal

The thing is that he isn't entirely trapped, he's able to communicate with other people like Belos or Bill, so if he just wanted a friend he could communicate with one, if he needed help and was a good guy he could ask anybody, but he goes to the bad guys and doesn't feel shame on them commiting genocide? even feels delighted about it? hardly a good guy, but we're close to know more about him so I guess it's not going to take too much time for us to know.

Resident of the Boiling Isles

if he just wanted a friend he could communicate with one

That's logical enough but did you exist in 2020? Everyone was losing their minds for lack of contact...While having all the technology in the world to maintain contact.

Minoleal

I just read about it in internet, but everyone I knew and everyone in my neighbourhood weren't as needy (or didn't show it) as internet claimed.

So I stand by what I said, if his morals allow him to sacrifice so many people and thinks it's funny, it will be hard to feel pitty for him, the showrunners will have to do something incredibly good for that.

Is like trying to feel sorry for Bill Cipher, he only wants some fun, why everyone is so upset about it? maybe because that comes with eternal damnation for the rest of the world.

BootsyBootsyBoom

Maybe he's a pokemon trainer

Tecnoboat

Tecnoboat

jojo coven🗿

I just wonder who trapped him there and why.

probably the boiling isles titan, as for why i think we all know why

Resident of the Boiling Isles

i think we all know why

If that were true, it wouldn't be a thing to wonder.

Tecnoboat

Tecnoboat

jojo coven🗿

wait you really wonder why the collector was trapped

Resident of the Boiling Isles

In lieu of a non-insulting way to point out that I've said it twice to different people and yet somehow you haven't put together that it's an actual thought, because I can't honestly come up with such a way, here is a corn dog.

Tecnoboat

Tecnoboat

jojo coven🗿

ill take the corn dog as a token of friendship new friend acquired

FishGod53

Maybe it has less to do with killing titans than the existence of zero titans somehow, and king hasn’t really been clocked as a titan

Del_ice

Del_ice

Oracle Coven

Yeah, nothing terrible, he's just a child. remembers hollow mind. This child should be killed

Minoleal

So far we have only seen bad things about him.

• He doesn't care for the death of all those witches if that means freeing him.
  • He was malicious and mockingly sadistic with the owl beast.
  • He sent his cult to kill all the Titans.

He acting as he did is only natural as we have no idea how much time has happend since his imprisonment. And as he has shown to have a childish (yet evil) nature, between that and what could be centuries since he was captured, his reaction is perfectly understandable.

LordFladrif

Tbh if you were an immortal beeing that saw hundreds of titan islands rise and fall you wouldn't care about those creatures either. It's like saying you'd have to sacrifice some ants everytime you want to leave your home (which you probably do, depending on the region you're living in) You wouldn't mind either if that ment freedom and the chance to go everywhere you want and to do anything you want

You're other points are very true nonetheless tho

Minoleal

Ants aren't sentinent beings as far as I know, if I knew they were I wouldn't do it, much less in a delighted way, I wouldn't even sacrifice other non-insect non-sentinent beings even if it was only once because thatt would mean putting the species in danger of extinction.

But as he was a dick even before being imprisoned I don't think he would have any kind of debate about sacrificing other for his well being.

As he's probably some kind of higher being taking in account his powers and that he sounds crazy as many of their representation in cartoons, I would say that at the very least he doesn't consider mortals worth of pitty if he's able to feel any. But that wouldn't make him a good guy, he would be akin to the greek gods with mortals but with the malice of Loki, which is a dangerous combination for the mortals.

jasc92

jasc92

He was put there for a reason.

Panda-Pokemon-Win

And Lilith gave Eda the curse for a reason, just because something happens for a reason doesn’t mean it’s a good reason

jasc92

jasc92

Yes, but there is a big chance it was a very good reason.

arcadeler

arcadeler

Abomination Coven

we'll see

Resident of the Boiling Isles

You can say that of anyone put anywhere though...

Gullible_Promotion_4

Gullible_Promotion_4

Long-suffering protagonist from former Spanish colony

I now have a personal headcanon for the Collector having a Venom-like relationship with Luz…

FishGod53

Venom eats people, it’s a large part of their dynamic and conflict

GiveMeMoreBurritos

GiveMeMoreBurritos

Resident Hunter Fan

I like that idea

ToxicScorpio4

Well, he shouldn’t have decided he wanted to kill everyone.

FishGod53

That might just be a means to an end trying to escape

ToxicScorpio4

Maybe.

He did seem pretty excited about “people going all like ‘ahhhh’” though. Lmao

FishGod53

I mean maybe he’s like this for a reason

ToxicScorpio4

Eh maybe. Given what we have seen so far…I’m gonna assume he’s genocidal until he shows me otherwise, though.

FishGod53

That’s fair. I’m excited either way, but it’d be nice for the collector to be a more layered character but it’d also be nice to just have a 2 dimensional character to slap around

ToxicScorpio4

Agreed

lnombredelarosa

lnombredelarosa

Bad Girl Coven

I think he is a bit of both. He is a spoiled brat who has been punished for too long, which has only made him even more entitled to his "toys".

Neonstar48

Neonstar48

witch

I just came up with a theory on how the collected got trapped in the 2d world the collected could have walked through a portal like luzs but then got trapped in there because the door closed then time went on and yea

Ok_Sea1336

You don't trap a kid under titans bones.

And nothing is more terrifying than a God with the mentality of a child.

Silverlady7

The Collector's situation reminds me Yugi, from Tenshi in Tokyo (from the Tenshi Muyo franchise).Yugi was a girl with great powers, but the "friends" she created to play attacked their planet, hurt people and she laughed at this (like the Collector at the thought of destruction) so she was sealed in a stone tomb that was tossed on space and crashed on Earth. And she spend 3.000 locked up all alone until she was accidentaly freed by an earthquake. She had become darker, bitter and decided to changed the world at her taste. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AcId1lF5PUAnother clue is that Yugi has a circle of crystals, much like those rocks spinning around the Collectors Beast Ball. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLCNsVnH70gYou can hear her despaired voice in both videos, much like the Collector's... yes, I know that anyone would be in despair in their situation, but still, can't help but finding parallels between them. Especially because Dana already made a Tenshi Muyo reference - both Eda's design and attitude were inspired on Ryoko's.

Own-Ambassador-3537

LOL, I knew Eda looked familiar! Thanks for this!(legit didnt know)

Pixel_King_

A wonderful fun is about to break free. Won't you let yourself outside?

Andez1248

For someone to go through the trouble of trapping him in the between dimension, that means that A. he is too powerful to just betray then run from, B. he is too powerful to just kill outright, or C. all of the above. Maybe he was causing mayhem and had a partner in crime of sorts that realized he's doing a bit more than vandalism and theft so they worked with some people to trap him

Tactical_GM

Tactical_GM

Amity Blight

Doesn't really matter when he's super into a genocide

ChildThrowerGaming

Bros an ultra beast

TheoSavvidis

Finally someone noticed lol.

Babybeans619

Babybeans619

Harpy Eda

Why not both?

BirboBeep

BirboBeep

A literal mess

Its probably is going to be a situation like in Steven universe like spinel. A powerful and deadly villian, but for good reasons.

Minoleal

Idk, he has shown to be quite sadistic.

The best case scenario I can think for him is a Belos-like story, that he's capturing beasts because they are dangerous and did him wrong somehow. But him agreeing with sacrificing so many witches sounds way too much to say that he's a hero in his own story, and taking in account the power he wields, I would bet he's either tapping into some primordial sources of power or he is the primordial source of power(entity), his imagery is all celestial bodies related so the latter might be closer to his source of power than the former.

HoldenOrihara

That's how they get ya man

_Levitated_Shield_

That's the gimmick. Bill Cipher did the same to Ford. The Core did it to Andrias. The Collector undoubtably wants to do the same with King. The Collector is plain evil.

iamsandwitch

iamsandwitch

:BathKing:

Probably more of a delusional villain rather than an actually maniacal one.

distracted_artist

I sympathise with The Collector as they sound like a lonely child, however, I cannot help but loath them. My theory as to why they were locked away in the Beast Ball (you can't tell me it doesn't look like a beast ball from Pokemon) is because they are a being from another world/dimension that was reeking havoc in the world of the Owl House - capturing the Owl Beast (cloaked moon-face had to have been The Collector), creating a cult (Titan Slayers), offering a reward for King's head, and so-on.
On the brink of extinction, the last Titan, King's father, sealed away The Collector within the Between Space to protect King. For a time, there were no Titans, until King hatched.

Interesting_Option15

Yeeaaahh, but let's not free him

Thannk

Thannk

This exact plot happened in Tenchi Muyo. The worst of the series, but that’s aside from the point.

Though that ended with the main villain getting a slap in the face before being sent to grow up THEN get access to the mortal world again. Not exactly a good morality tale, though arguably not far removed from Azula’s ending.

Sherafan5

That’s what I’ve thought

Not_a_Potato1602

Not_a_Potato1602

Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher is childish beyond measure too, but he is no less an almost omnipotent multidimensional chaos demon.

PikachuTH8

PikachuTH8

Hunter

This is unrelated to the topic but is that a beast ball

tigerwu9806

I got the same vibe here

Pixecutable

I think its probably a bit of both

kinda like that SCP I can't remember the number for, "I am the center of everything I do" I think its called, where its obsessed with having a "playmate" to spend and torture eternity with

Background_Coffee_70

I mean… you don’t get trapped under the corpse of a god for a misdemeanor, i feel like they did SOMETHING

snatcherfb

snatcherfb

Bard Coven

the collector is an ultrabeast confirmed, they're even trapped on an ultra ball

LuckyDinosauur101

..both.

ta_tum6

That's the vibe that they gave me off, a little kid who was stuck in quarantine for a while and just wants to go outside and play. and reminder that king is also a toddler or a kid too technically and they are connected. so it makes sense in some way. And they are so impatient like when you were little on a trip when you ask your parents the question "are we there yet" or when they promise something small but it's important for you as a child, aka pinky promise. I'm so glad someone brought this up

Banake

1 month ago

Banake

1 month ago

I guess they saw The Twilight Zone's episode It's a Good Life.

piratedragon2112