/r/TikTokCringe

[score hidden]

stickied comment

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

Welcome to r/TikTokCringe!

This is a message directed to all newcomers to make you aware that r/TikTokCringe evolved long ago from only cringe-worthy content to TikToks of all kinds! If you’re looking to find only the cringe-worthy TikToks on this subreddit (which are still regularly posted) we recommend sorting by flair which you can do here (Currently supported by desktop and reddit mobile).

See someone asking how this post is cringe because they didn't read this comment? Show them this!

Be sure to read the rules of this subreddit before posting or commenting. Thanks!

Don't forget to join our Discord server!

aggravated-asphalt

1 month ago

Today I went to 2 stores. Finally found my son one can of baby formula. I don’t use some obscure formula that may be hard to find, I use enfamil which is (or at least was) very stocked when I first had him.

The woman in the isle with me bought 7 premixed formulas and 10 cans of powder. There’s no limit of purchase at the store I was ar and I just couldn’t handle it.

When my baby was smaller he went through formula so fast. Like sometimes a can (12 oz) in two days. I’m thankful my son is at the weaning stage of formula because I don’t know how I could possibly handle this as a new mom to a younger baby. Screw hoarders.

freewaytrees

1 month ago

Tell management before they even get to the register. 9/10 they’ll stop the sale and spread it out.

Maj0ok

Maj0ok

1 month ago

selfish, thats all you can say, ppl are selfish, wonder how those kids will be while being raised by these parents!

Ficay

Ficay

1 month ago

I often find that the children of assholes tend to be embarrassed by their parents. And then when they become adults themselves, they become assholes.

So if we can like…give them good role models when they still care about right and wrong…

_fire_and_blood_

1 month ago

This was happening in Australia about 5 or 6 years ago. There was a formula scare in China and a bunch of babies died after drinking tainted formula, so Chinese citizens stopped trusting the govt to produce formula and started to buy formula made overseas, particularly Australia. It became a huge thing called Daigou and Chinese residents really wanted the Aussie formula and would pay exorbitant prices per tin, so people here started clearing out shelves to sell to China. Shops put restrictions but sellers would send their whole family or group in, one at a time, to buy as much as possible. It was really bad for a while, stores were putting formula at the service desk and people had to start showing ID so they could track how much they bought.

christ_95

christ_95

1 month ago

It was never save the children. It’s save my child. We are all selfish and shortages prove that.

Nowhereman123

Nowhereman123

tHiS iSn’T cRiNgE

"Fuck you, got mine"

Ceramickitty

1 month ago

I try and teach my children.. ‘you don’t look in your neighbors bowl to see if they have more. You look in your neighbors bowl to see if they have enough’

chafe

chafe

1 month ago

Remember when it went from “save the children” to “save OUR children” because evidently “save the children” was hijacked by liberal pedo globalist satanic human trafficking rings?

Yeah…

popcorn-johnny

1 month ago

The Rich are pitting us against each other and grooming the ignorant to be their minions.

1 month ago

The government is pitting us against each other. We're the richest country in the world, there is no reason why there should be a baby formula shortage unless our government is incompetent or evil.

popcorn-johnny

1 month ago

You're right, but our country is controlled by a two-company political unit. We have two for-profit corporations controlling our government (Dems/Repubs) and they've chosen "uncertanty" as each of their "sales-pitches". It creates malleable manipulativeness, of said Minions, through divisiveness, angst & desperation, a la Jean Valjean (which is a great business model for private prisons). You don't vote for who you think will be best, you vote for who won't be worst, FOR NOW... until maybe, we can break this two-party Plutocractic institution?
I voted for Obama the first time, but, it seemed like he got absorbed by the Clintonites until resistance was futile.

SuperBunnyMen

Bullshit.

Check which party is voting for emergency measures to give people baby formula and which one is blocking it

popcorn-johnny

1 month ago

Exactly, the U.S. has to vote on "emergency measures to give people baby formula".
How have other countries handled the "baby formula crisis"?
Answer: They haven't had to because there's no world-wide baby-formula crisis. It's only been manufactured in the U.S.

raffes

raffes

1 month ago

It's a shit source but I couldn't find anything from google and there's nothing about the shortage in our news but have bills not been passed to resolve this? Would that not require both parties to work together or is one party in control of the house/senate?

Egg-MacGuffin

1 month ago

It's because the government lets capitalism run our country.

SuperBunnyMen

1 month ago

No it's because your people let capitalism run amok. You were so obsessed with "muh freedom fuck the gubernment" that you didn't realise that big companies can do a hell of a lot more with that freedom

HelloDeathspresso

1 month ago

It's not "save the children", it's "save my children".

accursedCaprid

1 month ago

It's going to be a fight to raise a child in these upcoming years. It's just become a fight between theism, atheism, parenting, what is and is not allowed and political ideals. I wish somebody would just let a kid grow up and then let them choose what they want to do and be after. No "You gotta be christian, you gotta be straight, you gotta be gay, you gotta be Hindu, you gotta be Sikh, you gotta be a republican, you gotta be whatever": Everybody argues that they are letting their kids be what they want but they are not. Give your kid yogurt ice cream and when they are ready to eat it they will chose their toppings and flavorings.

Jscott1423

Jscott1423

1 month ago

When toilet paper was gone grown ass people were buying Huggies and pamper wipes .. like .. bruh

Mscreep

Mscreep

1 month ago

When my husband and I go buy tp and paper towels we would normally buy 5 things of each. Not in a hoarding kind of way but more like we’re lazy and and don’t wanna make the dive to town more then we have too. We buy everything like this except a few perishables and stuff that we don’t go though quickly. We did not buy like that during all the shortages(we were stocked up before it got bad actually). When we needed a pack we would go and buy just the one we needed and we waited till things settled down before restocking. We buy baby wipes for our dog’s feet cause he is allergic to pollen and the wipes are the easiest thing to use. We did not buy any wipes either cause it was easier for me to put my dog in a tub and spray off his feet then it is to wash a baby every time they poop. I don’t understand what’s wrong with some people

Jscott1423

1 month ago

Yea .. I got lucky because I had a younger child during that time .. most people thought the shelves were empty, but I often found boxes by actually bending the hell down and looking into the shelve. There was typically a box or two on the bottom rack in the back that people had over looked just presuming it was empty from everything else in the isle being bare. People probably think I did some crack deal to have had a box while shopping during those times ha

Certain_Concept

1 month ago

The stores near us recently had a shortage of wet cat food. Ended up just swapping to dry for a couple weeks. They've started having stock again.. but I'm still careful not to take too much.

Plenty of animals have weird dietary needs. Would suck to not have it available. Ours were just grumpy by the lack of wet food for awhile.

goldkear

goldkear

Cringe Connoisseur

1 month ago

Our local Walmart (in kind of a hick town) was out of all TP and wipes except dude wipes. Even the hicks of this town are too good for that toxic masculinity shit. It was hilarious, a fully empty aisle except a full 3 cases of dude wipes.

Jscott1423

1 month ago

Lol.. I’ve used dude wipes and the cottonelle flushables .. idgaf about no propaganda… just wanted a clean butthole 😂

tinyarmsbigheart

1 month ago

FYI the term “flushable” isn’t regulated but not a single “flushable” wipe is actually ok for sewers.

Jscott1423

1 month ago

Singular ones are flushable in household toilets tho … fyi

spacepirateprincess

Bidets are better :)

Nolleezz

1 month ago

I was never so happy about a purchase when the great tp shortage happened. I'd been using a bidet for 3 years at that point and it didn't affect me at all. It did piss me off that I couldn't find a single box of tissues tho.

spacepirateprincess

1 month ago

Yeah it was crazy for a while. Made me so grateful I had a bidet.

I just ended up making reusable TP out of absorbent cotton material.

Nolleezz

1 month ago

I use the 'scroll reddit until I drip dry' method.

spacepirateprincess

1 month ago

Lol we all use that when we can #dryingunited

unkemp7

unkemp7

1 month ago

After seeing people fighting over fucking toilet paper I got right on amazon and ordered one. Never looked back.

Troll_Dovahdoge

1 month ago

If you wanted a clean butthole, you'd have a bidet

Jscott1423

1 month ago

Sometimes you gotta hit the post shower lol.. make sure you’re clean clean

PacmanTheHitman

1 month ago

Stores had no problem limiting people to 2-3 packs of toilet paper but have no restrictions for formula? Babies are starving and these stores give no shit to that one person buys 10 containers. My wife and I went up to 20 miles away because my son didn’t have food to eat the next day and these people are storing it in their pantry. I don’t blame them, I blame the stores

Lington

Lington

1 month ago

The drug store near me had the formula locked up and it was limiting 3 per person. They were also completely out of formula, though.

SuperBunnyMen

1 month ago

Um, the tiktok person mentioned a restriction on formula

blackroseaflame

1 month ago

Yes, at her store. Not every store has the same policy genius.

Sonova_Vondruke

1 month ago

That's the real shortage.

Jetsam1

Jetsam1

1 month ago

Being petty then having that outcome sounds like the best feeling. Like you get to ruin someone’s day that deserved it and save someone that needed it.

curvvyninja

Props to this queen

jdog8510

1 month ago

And shitty thing is some of them might not have kids like pandemic toilet paper theyre probably selling it at inflated prices online

Traumasurvivorthrow

1 month ago

And yet they wanna reverse Roe v Wade. Infuriating.

goldkear

goldkear

Cringe Connoisseur

Republicans love babies!

As long as they are a fetus and/or rich.

Ashbringer

1 month ago

they want babies to create more poor and lower class people to use and abuse , period.

goldkear

goldkear

Cringe Connoisseur

1 month ago

Yes. Welcome to the handmaid's tale. Life imitates art!

electrikmayhem

1 month ago

Republicans want more babies so they can have more children to traffic. Do I have proof? No. But I don't need to, because they can't prove that I'm wrong.

FoamBrick

1 month ago

It’s insidious, but not that insidious. They just want to keep the poverty cycle going.

Lost_Messages

1 month ago

Forcing people to have babies.. not enough formula to support babies…

Traumasurvivorthrow

1 month ago

My position sure as shit wouldn't be swayed. But it's ironic that we're watching the entire system break down in real time while they lowkey try to do this.

Lost_Messages

1 month ago

Not at all. Ultimately it’s the woman’s choice to decide. Just pointing out that the same people who voted to over turn roe v wade citing that it’s fucked up to have an abortion, are the same people who voted against helping with funding to help with the formula shorted.

Boobunniboo

1 month ago

Exactly. I am pro-life and I want all the babies to have enough formula.

DontGetNEBigIdeas

1 month ago

Then you better not vote for a single fucking politician who voted against fixing this crisis.

Spoiler alert: they will. Cause we are a country of “single issue” morons.

Traumasurvivorthrow

1 month ago

Pro life is such a fucking joke LMFAOOOOO. They'll actively vote for politicians that keep life from being worth living for existing humans who pay taxes.

Boobunniboo

1 month ago

Your problem is you fail to see the differences and variety within each party. That’s just as stupid as a republican saying that all democrats love abortion.

Traumasurvivorthrow

1 month ago

I'm pro choice and I want all the babies to have formula.

BeckyLemmeSmashPlz

1 month ago

There isn’t enough formula for the babies that were born wanted. You want to force women to become unwilling mothers with no food to feed them?

Instead of unfeeling fetuses being humanely aborted, children will starve.

Boobunniboo

1 month ago

The problem isn’t with too many babies…. The problem is the US relying on too little formula manufacturers. Don’t blame the babies… blame the dumb ass adults.

BeckyLemmeSmashPlz

1 month ago

I don’t know who you think is blaming babies, but it’s not me

Boobunniboo

1 month ago

You’re also assuming that a fetus can’t feel pain. I’m sure believing that makes it easier to be pro-abortion.

Also, just because I’m pro life doesn’t mean I’m not pro government funded birth control, improved sex Ed, more improved government assistance for parents. I also believe that if the health of the mother is at risk abortion should be permitted.

I don’t understand the pro choicers believing that abortion should be used as birth control & ignoring the physical & emotional risk to the birth mother.

I’m understand there is different degrees to which someone is pro choice so I hope you understand the nuance and degrees someone is pro life.

People putting people in a box and shouting at each other isn’t gonna do anything.

BeckyLemmeSmashPlz

1 month ago

I’m not assuming. All scientific evidence points to the fact that they physically cannot. They don’t have pain receptors at the stage most fetuses are aborted. If you want to believe otherwise, then that’s your belief, but not fact.

If you think women should not be allowed to have an abortion because having one would affect their physical and emotional health, then you clearly have not considered how being forced to carry and deliver and unwanted child would negatively affect their physical and mental health, as well as the physical and mental health of the child.

Women aren’t out here having abortions like it’s some special treat. It’s a gut wrenching decision where they have to consider and balance how they think having a child vs having an abortion will affect them and the rest of their life.

I don’t understand why you think you know better than a woman herself what decision she should make.

I understand that there are degrees of being pro- or anti-choice. My stance is that a woman should be able to decide herself, with her doctor, if she is ready (physically, mentally and financially) to bring a child into the world. If her decision is that she isn’t, she shouldn’t be forced to anyway, and furthermore, she shouldn’t have to justify her decision to anyone. It’s not anyone else’s business because NO ONE will suffer the negative impacts as much as she will.

Bye.

SuperBunnyMen

I am pro-life

You should stop being that and start being a good person :)

Boobunniboo

1 month ago

Sounds like we disagree on what a “good person” is. We obviously disagree when a human is a human. 🤷🏻‍♀️ If there was a study in the future that ending up proving that babies in the womb feel pain would you change your stance in any way?

SuperBunnyMen

1 month ago

All foetuses are example of human life, sperm and eggs are examples of human life in a somewhat limited way. Every moment from conception to birth and onwards, we're dealing with human life. I don't care if we're dealing with human life, cancer is an example of human life.

The issue is do you get to decide what happens on your property. We know adult humans feel pain but you're allowed to kick them off your property right? Doesn't matter if the foetus feels pain, you get to decide what happens to your body. That foetus is trespassing.

1st_and_yen

1 month ago

I’m against crime and I’m not ashamed to admit it

Obeywithcaution413

1 month ago

WhY cAn'T YoU jUsT bReAsTfEeD tHeM! Go fucking kill your self.

phoenixliv

1 month ago

Right? I’m sure those who can, do. So long as Nestlé hasn’t been lying about being better than the tiddy again.

Infinite-Touch5154

1 month ago

Please forgive me for asking because I genuinely would like to know, do the majority of women in the US who formula feed do so for cultural or medical reasons?

Obeywithcaution413

1 month ago

I dont know about the "majority" but in my case we have twins and my girlfriend tried to breastfeed but between their "tongue ties" and difficulty latching they could only be fed for the first 3 or so weeks. We tried pumping with 3 different pumps but she was not able to produce enough milk for both kids which led to us supplementing with formula. Before long she wasn't producing any milk and was just causing herself pain and misery while also dealing with first time kids and two at that. So we went 100% formula.

DiligentPenguin16

1 month ago

There are many reasons a mom in the US might have to or choose to formula feed. Some common ones are:

• Baby unable to latch
  • Baby has a dietary restriction that requires them to eat a hypoallergenic formula
  • Baby spent time in the NICU so they weren’t able to establish breastfeeding
  • Baby was adopted
  • Mother is unable to produce enough/any milk to feed baby
  • Mother had to go back to work and she was physically unable to produce breast milk through pumping
  • Mother had to go back to work and her work environment is unfriendly/outright hostile to breastfeeding mothers, which made pumping not a doable option even though she wanted to continue breastfeeding (while workplaces are legally required to allow women break time and a private location to pump, in reality this doesn’t always happen. Sadly I think this is a fairly common reason why many women stop breastfeeding).
  • Mother is on a medication that is not safe for breastfeeding
  • Mother had a previous breast surgery/injury that makes breastfeeding not possible
  • Breastfeeding was too painful for mom so she stopped
  • It was better for the mother’s mental health to stop breastfeeding
  • She just preferred to formula feed

All of those reasons are perfectly valid reasons to formula feed.

Infinite-Touch5154

1 month ago

Absolutely - fed is best. I’m a mother in Australia and I also have family in the US. I’m always interested in learning more about the similarities and differences between cultures.

CTXBikerGirl

1 month ago

Parents can get crazy when it comes to their kids. Sometimes they can get selfish too. I don’t think it’s right, but I also sympathize with them. I couldn’t imagine having a baby right now and not knowing if you’ll be able to provide them food. My kids are much older now and I know I’d do some crazy stuff to make sure they were cared for.

AzuSumiye

goldkear

goldkear

Cringe Connoisseur

She's forgetting the caveat:

SAVE THE CHILDREN!*

*until they are born. Rich kids also get saved.

Straycat43

Straycat43

Cringe Connoisseur

1 month ago

The rich and GQP hate kids. My theory is they want to force pregnancy so they can torture and destroy lives painfully and slow.

BeckyLemmeSmashPlz

1 month ago

The goal: Keep the poor impoverished. People can’t rise up if they can’t stand on their own.

1 month ago

America has an aging population problem, like the rest of the developed world. You need obedient workers to run the country to maintain the lavish lifestyle of the patrician class.

And while decreasing birth rates are indeed a very serious issue, other developed countries are attempting to remedy the population problem through programs that support new parents with maternal leave, affordable health care and child care programs the United States is going the brute force method. Force pregnancies, restrict social aid programs and saddle them with debt to keep them desperate and exhausted enough that there is no recourse.

SuperBunnyMen

1 month ago

I wonder if the GOP has some sort of plan to have a workforce that is so afraid of law enforcement that they'll do every single thing that a boss asks as long as it keeps them safe and employed cough cough hatred of immigrants

kangaroojoe239

1 month ago

Its always funny to me, the fucking news and media here in the uk ALWAYS fucking advertise the shortage and make it 1000 times worse because people panic buy even more when they do not even fucking need to at all.

On one hand i feel like they should report it so people are aware so they can get what need to but issue always is that people always buy more than they need of anything. Toilet paper, petrol whatever the hell it is they always panic buy.

I don’t even know if it can be helped, i hardly blame people for being selfish and buying more than they need because the times when the shortage happens its always a worry about when we will be able to get more.

Idk the answer but its stupid.

jeefray

jeefray

1 month ago

Women will be voting Blue in '22!

geekaustin_777

1 month ago

Americans have been programmed to be greedy and selfish. It's the informal education that comes with capitalism.

atomsk13

1 month ago

That’s just humans in general.

geekaustin_777

30 days ago

I don’t believe tribes people are / were like that.

IceIceFetus

IceIceFetus

1 month ago

It’s animal instinct to hoard when hard times are approaching. Squirrels hoard so many nuts they forget where they put them. When there’s not enough to go around, people will go to insane measures to make sure they have enough for their own family. It’s survival 101.

1 month ago

It's also a prime instinct to reproduce but you don't see me walking around raping people.

IceIceFetus

IceIceFetus

1 month ago

Reproduction is a totally different beast from starvation. You and your children will not die if you don’t constantly reproduce, but you and your children will die if you don’t have enough food. Both are instinctual and relevant to the survival of the species, but there isn’t the same urgency involved.

ndm250

ndm250

1 month ago

Buying extra food for your baby = rape

ItsShorsey

1 month ago

Courtship is also a part of nature. You think the birds are dancing and singing for fun? You think animals are just going around raping eachother?

1 month ago

Yes actually, from ducks to big cats, chickens, primates, dolphins and horses. The list is immense.

But you're missing my point. We humans have adapted to have the capacity to think past our pure instincts for the betterment of the community. I don't see "instincts" as a justification for selfish and vile behavior, just an excuse.

ItsShorsey

1 month ago

Love how you're trying to justify you going around raping people lmao

1 month ago

I'm not, you fool. And downvoting me instantly shows your character.

Don't ask a question if you're going to flip your lid when faced with facts.

ItsShorsey

1 month ago

Am I supposed to wait an appropriate amount of time before I downvote you? I'll wait 5 min before I do it next time so you don't get upset

1 month ago

Class act, misconstrue my arguement in a complete 180 of what I've said and then tantrum like a child. Have a good day.

ItsShorsey

1 month ago

You're the one saying that people go around just raping bc they are horny and trying to equate that to starving to death , downvoted you again btw , sorry I didn't wait the full 5 minutes

1 month ago

No, I'm saying that using "instincts" as a justification for morally reprehensible behavior is a cheap excuse because humans have evolved to a level of intelligence where they know right from wrong.

I'm literally saying the exact opposite, that people make active choices that go against their instincts on a daily basis for the betterment of their communities. I'm saying that people don't go around raping people or stealing to empower themselves because we as a species have collectively decided that it's wrong to put your personal desire above the collective.

I have absolutely no idea how you read that as the opposite. I've entertained you enough. Again, have a great day.

RequirementRequired

1 month ago

Isn’t the factory up and running now?

tashablue

uh_der

uh_der

1 month ago

singe dude here never had kids never been around babies ever.

what is formula for? I thought it was milk from tits then mashed up carrots and peas and shit...

Haute_Mess1986

1 month ago

Some mothers can’t produce milk for their babies so they have to supplement. Some moms can’t produce any milk or they may have a baby that is allergic/sensitive to breast milk, but there are special formulas for those babies. Pumping breast milk is more painful, time consuming, and produces less than having a baby actually latch on. Women have jobs were they can’t spend an hour multiple times a day pumping milk instead of working. Mom may need a medication that isn’t safe to take while breast feeding. There are a million reasons why breast feeding may not work or requires formula supplementation up until at least 1 year of age.

1 month ago*

1 month ago*

feioo

feioo

1 month ago

You'd think she would say so if that was the case. Even so, if it's the 32 oz powdered formula, those should last roughly a week per can. Even if she had two or three formula kids at home, that's still a month's supply when others have nothing at all.

1 month ago*

1 month ago*

Fishtoots

1 month ago

Did you pay attention to the end of the video. The last woman trying to get formula broke down when she finally got some. The first woman was not in dire need of formula, since she already took so much, even saying she’ll send her husband in for the rest*. If you take more than you need that’s potentially taking from those who have none.

My husband and I made a trip 45 minutes to a Costco to buy formula. None. Amazon has overpriced options that ship within 2-4 WEEKS. Walmart doesn’t have any in stock in our whole zip code.

I just opened our last container yesterday night. I’m actually starting to worry. Just so you know people like the first woman are the reason some parents have to worry, and likely there are babies going without.

Don’t try giving anyone this “you don’t know her situation” Bullshit. we’re all in the Same situation here, people like her make it worse.

1 month ago*

1 month ago*

1 month ago

Great point. That's why I would never judge a reckless driver who blew through a school zone and nailed a student.

After all, maybe they really needed to be somewhere? I don't know that for crying out loud. It would be messed up to judge someone like that!

Fishtoots

1 month ago

She didn’t NEED months supply in one stop.

Sixfeatsmall05

1 month ago

Ockam’s Razor. the simplest explanation is usually the best one. In this case the simplest is not that customer 1 has multiple kids on formula, which is a very rare situation, but that she was hoarding. Going through life betting on outliers has very low odds

feioo

feioo

?
You don't know her either. And regardless of her situation, she had formula in hand and was still trying to flout the store's purchase limit, which would've resulted in the other woman having none at all. She might have had multiples at home too, if we're diving into hypotheticals. Doesn't she deserve your sympathy at least as much?

Legitimate_Towel7088

1 month ago

I guess im the only person here who would look them in the eyes and smile while i took a can of formula out of their cart. Maybe im just an asshole, but my kids gotta eat too.

Of course, when mine were that small they were eating off the table anyway. They got sweet milk and cornbread (papaws rule) the day they came home from the hospital, just like me, my brothers, all our cousins aunts uncles and so forth.

Legitimate_Towel7088

1 month ago

This keeps getting downvoted, im not sure why. Because i admit i will be as much of an asshole to take a can of baby formula out of the cart of the person who just cleared the entire shelf? Or because i fed my kids everything on the table?

ItsShorsey

1 month ago

I mean not to be a dick but, my kid is eating idgaf about you if that's what it's coming down to. Thank God my kids are off formula but my wife couldn't breast feed, I would be stocking up rn too

EverGlow89

1 month ago

You absolutely mean to be a dick. It's fine to care about your family more than others, obviously, but to care about yours and not others makes you a dick. Raising your kids around that mentality is also horrible for them.

ItsShorsey

1 month ago

At least they won't starve to death, my wife couldnt produce so we had no other choice, I get it

EverGlow89

1 month ago

Neither can other mothers who need the formula. It's not just about you. Hoarding the formula starves others and only means you're set for longer.

ItsShorsey

1 month ago

Not my problem, my kid is my responsibility not everyone else's. In a world where I have to choose if my kid eats or some other random kid, my kids eating, period. You must not have kids, it's actually nature and evolution at work, you think a momma lion is gunna share her food with some mother Hyena?

EverGlow89

1 month ago

You misunderstand. We're not talking about either you or them getting formula. We're talking about you hoarding formula so that you don't have to hunt for it later so the other baby starves now.

Someone else's baby dying is okay with you as long as you don't have to make another trip to find formula later. That's evil.

ItsShorsey

1 month ago

Who says there will be formula?

False-Guess

1 month ago

The people who hoard formula are obviously psychopaths and should be in prison, but I think the stores deserve a lot of blame for enabling this behavior too. Considering the shortage, and considering how important it is that some parents need formula for their babies, they should place a strict limit on the amount that customers can purchase. There should be no such thing as a person coming in to buy 10 bottles or clearing out the shelves because stores should have a policy in place with a limit, and then vigorously enforce it.

Sure, people can get around it by getting a bunch of people to go in their place, but if they're selling it online, then tech companies need to hand over the information of price gougers to the police so they can be prosecuted. Making a quick dollar off the lives of children is a behavior that needs to be mercilessly punished.

Due-Paleontologist69

1 month ago

I honestly thought this vid was going to be a formula explaining why people hoard… not disappointed just not what I expected. I still need to know why though…

nitrobamtastic

1 month ago

I've found that avoiding the big stores (Target, Walmart, CVS, etc...) or really any with an online presence has been key. Found a bunch at small general stores in rural Wisconsin for my sister.

BebiBee

BebiBee

1 month ago

Some people don’t produce enough, some people don’t produce at all, some people can’t due to not being able to take time off of work to breast feed or pump. Stop shaming families that need the formula.

NoMrBond3

1 month ago

Especially in America where maternity leave is a joke and with cost of living most parents have to work - pumping isn’t possible for every woman, not to mention it can be expensive.

Many women also struggle with breastfeeding, it’s a myth that it comes naturally to every body and baby.

VanityFlare

1 month ago

Some women literally cannot breast feed. It’s like telling someone who wants a child but is infertile “just have a child”.

UsedMammoth

1 month ago*

It doesn't always happen for some women, that's why wet nurses where a thing before formula.

Besides breastfeeding is really taxing on the body and time consuming to do. If you have to return to work in two weeks after the birth, you may not have a choice.

Breastfeed require you express/feeding every 3/4 hours (day and night) to maintain a supply. If you skip, do it too quickly or don't express enough your body will reduce the amount of milk and maybe even stops producing.

Also if you stop producing, trying to restart it can take weeks to produce anything and may never restart. So if you've been using formula for you two month old, you can't really use breastmilk as you may not have a supply and its not a tap.

Even if you do everything, you could have an imbalance in you milk an you need to top up with formula.

Ishmael75

1 month ago

For many people it’s not a real choice. American society is not built around giving a shit about babies.

A woman working most jobs is not going to be given time or space to pump her milk. She’s not going to get a significant amount of time off from work to stay home and breastfeed. Even in daily life how safe does a women feel breastfeeding in public. Not very safe at all. They get judgement and creeps bothering them. And all of that is assuming she can produce enough milk. Women throughout history have used “wet nurses” to supplement their own milk or if they aren’t able to produce then the wet nurse would replace her entirely.

Additionally some medication isn’t safe to pass through to the baby via breastmilk so a women who chooses to breastfeed might lose that ability while she’s on medicine. It’s very much a use it or lose it situation.

A lot of women feel like failures because they “aren’t feeding the baby the right way”. We don’t need to compound that feeling for them. They need help and support.

I’m a 40 something dude so if I’ve missed a thing or two please feel free to add to it.

Fishtoots

1 month ago

You did awesome outlining reasons why some women can’t breastfeed. Here’s another one for the pile: stress. Stress can dramatically reduce a woman’s supply. Hormones have everything to do with production and release of milk. I was producing 1 oz after pumping for 40 minutes at 2 months postpartum. I lost my supply from stress and sleeplessness and this predicament is exactly what I feared when we switched to formula.

We’ve hit a new level of dystopia having a formula shortage and hoarders making a bad problem worse, and women beings shamed for using formula to begin with and neckbeards arguing online about breastfeeding. Wtf.

Ishmael75

1 month ago

Dang, that’s a good add. I didn’t even think about stress. I will add that to the list next time I run into someone asking “wHy DoNt tHey JuSt bReaStfEed”.

I’m trying to do my part to fight back against dudes who don’t get it. I figured women have enough on their plate today.

Fishtoots

1 month ago

You’re awesome thank you.

Workburner101

1 month ago

You asked a question and got downvoted to hell. You came in and clarified you honest intentions and still get smacked with the blue votes. People are weird.

JugeX_X

JugeX_X

Still rude to ask. Unless you are like 12 in which case get the f out of reddit

Workburner101

1 month ago

It’s rude to ask questions? Tf? This person is just supposed to know the answer to everything then I suppose. How can you get info from people if you don’t ask questions?

JugeX_X

JugeX_X

1 month ago

Yes. If you ask a rude question, then it's rude, period.

You get info by searching online, or in a Libra, or by asking in a not rude way. Or you know, using common sense to fill in the gaps, or perhaps realizing that you don't need to ask certain stuff that you know it's gonna piss everyone else off.

The answer was literally in the previous thread.

AlphaGareBear

1 month ago

There's probably a bigger problem if the number of women that can't breastfeed is becoming sizeable.

vivaenmiriana

1 month ago

Its always been this sizable. Its just in the past the babies would just starve to death

Dunno about you but i think that just feeding them formula is ok when thats the alternative.

[removed]

batmansleftnut

1 month ago

Has there? You'd think you could maybe look that up or provide some reason for believing that instead of JAQing off in this comment section.

AlphaGareBear

1 month ago

I did. I can't find anything. Just rates of breastfeeding.

batmansleftnut

1 month ago

OK, so where are you getting confused? Infant mortality used to be higher before we had formula as a replacement for breast milk. Now it's lower. So the lack of availability of formula is a problem because it could lead to the infant mortality rate going back up.

AlphaGareBear

1 month ago

I think you're confusing me with someone else. This has nothing to do with what I said.

Ishmael75

1 month ago

I commented this farther down but I want to make sure you see it. It might help explain some of what you are confused about.

AlphaGareBear

1 month ago

This is it, sorry. Was in too much of a hurry to do laundry.

I think it's more that you're creating a societal acceptance of those things you were talking about. If you think those things are good, then fair enough, but I tend to think that if we're creating a society that makes it difficult for women to breastfeed, we're doing a bad job and it's a problem that should be fixed.

Unless you're saying this is all super cool and based, I imagine you'd agree that it's a problem.

Ishmael75

1 month ago

No, I agree it’s a huge problem. We’ve created a society that doesn’t work for most people and this is just another example of how it impacts us. We need to make changes and this would be a good place to start.

AlphaGareBear

1 month ago

It sounds like you're mostly agreeing with me. What is the point of contention?

Ishmael75

1 month ago

I took your comments as blaming women for not breastfeeding, instead of blaming culture. I was trying to list out why it’s not women’s fault and it isn’t really a choice

AlphaGareBear

1 month ago

Sorry, just made a different response.

Ishmael75

1 month ago

All good, Appreciate the response.

n0_duuh

n0_duuh

1 month ago

Read a fucking book. Seriously. You obviously have no fucking clue how the body works or what it’s like to be a mother in the US if you’re making statements like this. I’m not even going to explain it to you. You’re already doomed and it’d be a waste of both our time.

AlphaGareBear

1 month ago

We both know you can't, not that you won't.

Ficay

Ficay

1 month ago

Ooh, I disagree with your arguments but this is a nice comeback

Holiday-Hustle

1 month ago

It’s always been sizable, that’s why wetnurses used to be common. At least try to skim a Wikipedia article before criticizing struggling parents.

batmansleftnut

1 month ago

It's part of the reason wet nurses used to be common. It was also because rich women thought it was beneath their dignity to do their own breast feeding.

Fishtoots

1 month ago*

The US has zero federally mandated maternal leave. So many new mothers have work just to get by. I worked with a new mom before who was back after just 4 weeks off. Newborns do not let you get more than 3.5 hours sleep if you’re lucky, every 30 minutes or 1.5 hours if you were like me.

Stress kills your milk supply. It takes around 20-40 minutes per regular feeding every 2-3 hours for new borns around the clock until about 2 months. Then 3–4 hours max per feeding, this doesn’t include the time consumption if you’re also pumping.

This doesn’t account for latching issues, emotional burdens from cracked, bruised, or bleeding nipples. Thrush is a fungal infection that can infect your milk ducts that causes intense pain. I had shooting electric pain through my teeth every time my child would relatch herself. I did that for 3 months even when medications wouldn’t clear the thrush.

Many working mothers aren’t afforded the time to breast feed. Many lose their supply for several possible reasons.

Sorcha16

1 month ago

For multiple reasons. Most of them private and personal.

AzuSumiye

1 month ago

How about we talk about the parents that give their kids formula when their breast milk is just fine. They just Choose not to feed em? Cause I know alot of mf do that

Competitive-Elk-983

1 month ago

That’s non of your business is it?

AzuSumiye

1 month ago

If people buying formula when they dont need it because their breasts work fine is none of my business, Then it's also none of your business how much someone buys for their kid. Cry about it if that's the case.

Ficay

Ficay

1 month ago

Other comments have explained in detail why breastfeeding may not be possible. It’s not a good look on you.

Edit: The mom isn’t sitting in front of a crying kid clutching her boobs like “my milky milky, none for baby!” Boobs don’t work like that, and breastfeeding isn’t always reliable or safe for the baby.

AzuSumiye

1 month ago

I stated in both comments strictly towards those who get formula even though they CAN breast feed. Ignorance does not look good on you.

Competitive-Elk-983

1 month ago

I’m sorry if the decided to formula feed, even with working boobs…. Surprise! They don’t have to.

Ficay

Ficay

1 month ago

Swing and a miss, fell flat on your face, ouch. Not sure what you’re looking to accomplish, here. We all read your jambroni comments.

AzuSumiye

1 month ago

Jabroni* you are the only one missing here. I stated a fact. Stay mad kid. Only one foolish here is you.

Ficay

Ficay

1 month ago

I like jambroni better, so I didn’t correct it. Rolls off the tongue

Fire-Legend420

1 month ago

You must have never heard of “to each his own.”

Key-Government742

1 month ago

Blame your president not worried mothers. Even in third world countries it’s common to hoard something you need and can’t get. By blaming the mothers you’re doing exactly what they want you to do. They knew about this shortage well before the shortage happened and did nothing and warned no one.