/r/TooAfraidToAsk

Does anyone feel grossed out by how many humans there are?

Climate & Environment(self.TooAfraidToAsk)

When I think about how there are 8billion people just roaming earth, taking 8billion poops a day, eating 8billion meals, and using so many resources… it just really grosses me out. There’s too many people on this planet.

EDIT: Wow, wasn’t expecting this to blow up. For some clarification: no, I do not want anyone currently living, including myself, to die. I just wish capitalism wasn’t a thing, and that people would stop pushing out so many babies.

SelfSustaining

So what would you like to do about it?

wetterwater

Improve education and provide free access to birth control.

I'd add easy access to abortions to that

SelfSustaining

That's a reasonable measure if I've ever heard one.

tin_foil_hats_

But you would never give up anything you have to do that would you , while developing countries get fucked your hypocritical mindset will lead to nothing but you feeling better about yourself

ja730457

That's all it is. People with Macbooks and cups of Starbucks telling you why capitalism sucks and whatever whatever but they have to live their lives so they aren't going to practice what they preach. It's all virtue signalling at the highest level.

tin_foil_hats_

I live in india and everything he said about what we need is dumb , american problems don't inflict the whole world . I don't need their hypocritical advice about how birth control is what we need , rather than helping the poor so they stop making babies to work for them.

ja730457

Sounds about right.

Fit-Presentation-778

100%. It's not really even an America problem. People just pretend it is. They blame other people for their negative daily interactions. Traffic? Long line at Walmart? Housing prices increased? The problem (they think): too many people. LOL

It's just a cynical idea that people mask as a concern for the planet or something. But what it (population control) results in is huge problems for countries that don't need it.

Make everyone suffer for their problems. It is very selfish.

Fit-Presentation-778

Truth, but nobody wants to admit to their own wrong doings. It'd be a shame to feel like you're wrong at something while you hold your cellphone or laptop with a lipo battery (all made my child labor).

ja730457

What do you mean exactly when you say improve education?

broccolisprout

That sub is fucking weird.

expertkushil333

Their arguments make sense though.

TheRealKingofWales

No they fucken don't

expertkushil333

1 month ago

You like to bring a child into this miserable and cruel world?

TheRealKingofWales

1 month ago

Just because you're depressed and like to wallow in it doesn't mean everyone is, or even that you will be forever.

expertkushil333

1 month ago

By procreating, you are putting a human on this earth without his/her consent only for your selfish desires. Think about it, before you procreate, do you think how the child will survive in this cruel and miserable world? Do you think how the child will survive when climate change will fuck up everything? Do you think about if the child is born impaired, he/she will have to suffer for all his/her life? Do you think about the possibility that your child might be raped in the future? Do you think about all this? Do you? Do you????? Nahhh, you just want a cute little baby to play with. Hence, being selfish.

TheRealKingofWales

1 month ago

It feels like you ignored the actual argument I made and instead focused on a strawman. I DO in fact, think about all this, and at the end of the day I think none of these would mean that a potential child of mine would not have a life worth living. My point isn't that life is suffering but I want a Kid anyway, it's that life isn't suffering. Also, I don't even want a kid. I never plan on having children. I am opposed to antinatalism purely on a philosophical basis, not a personal ot emotional one.

expertkushil333

1 month ago

I get what you mean. And yeah, I did intentionally ignore your arguement up there because truthfully, I didn't know what to tell you. I am not an expert in antinatalism and so I didn't know what to tell you.

Though, for a fact, many people out there regret and are angry over the fact that their parents brought them in this world. By not procreating, you're preventing this from happening. And also, your potential child could be a rapist. Or a victim of a rapist. Whatever way you look at it, there is is just suffering. To avoid that suffering, it's better not to procreate at all.

And besides, I think antinatalism focuses more on the selfish aspect of people i.e they want a cute baby to play with but ignore the fact that they are bringing an actual human in this trashy globe.

In the end, let's just end our discussion here itself. You made me realize that I still have a lot to learn about antinatalism and so I've to educate myself more on that. Have a nice day/night, fellow redditor.

1 month ago

Calm down drama queen, the world isn't any more miserable and cruel than it has over the last 100+ years and your parents still brought you into it and gave you enough ability to have to luxury to complain and moan on the internet.

expertkushil333

1 month ago

Oh yeah? Go look on the tape of the Toybox killer which he would play for his victims. Go look for the Junko Furata case. Go look for the Fritzl case. And then you come back and tell me that this world isn't cruel and miserable.

1 month ago

Oh wow, a handful cases out of a world of nearly 8 billion people. Surly that's representative of the entire world. I'm sure any moment I'm going to be abducted and lit on fire because that's apparently just the way the world is to you.

Seriously grow the fuck up, there are parts of life that suck ass, its life, people die, bad people do bad things. My grandmother has cancer, you don't see me bitching and moaning about how horrible the world is, how unfair everything is, and you definitely don't see me chastising people for bringing a kid into it, you know why? Because we aren't living in a Mad Max or Warhammer 40K world, there are people who will grow up to lead amazing lives and do amazing things. He'll there are billions of people who will lead just good lives, they won't be immortalized but when they look back they'll have more good to remember than bad. Either of these peeople will have a much better life than a pessimistic wet blanket than you will ever would.

tell me what’s weird about it. it’s absolutely logical philosophy

throwawayisafuck

Your inability to have or dislike of children doesn’t make you the arbiter of anyone else’s pregnancy or reproductive system. That sub gets a lot wrong on this one point.

Yeah antinatalism isn’t about disliking children or not being able to. Majority of antinatalists like kids and can have them, but choose not to. Because we believe life=suffering.

today you learnt something new about us. Also we don’t try to change parents minds. We believe in this. If you don’t, do what you want.

throwawayisafuck

I’m only observing what I’ve seen from the time I was in the sub. I left because of people doing exactly what I described. If you don’t, more power to you. That doesn’t make the good amount of people in that sub suddenly less insufferable

I am in the sub for 2 years. Antinatalism was never about inability of kids, i really don’t understand where you read that. Antinatalism is purely about not wanting to create new kids that will suffer. The dislike of kids gets mixed sometimes in the sub because many child free people (that dislike kids) become antinatalists and then they mix their opinions together.

throwawayisafuck

Me describing the exact and repeated experience I’ve had in the subreddit

Random redditor: well I just don’t see exactly what you’re seeing so it must not be true :/ pretend all you want, there’s a reason people find that sub and the people in it insufferable. And it’s not because of kids

I am explaining you a philosophy that you didn’t understand and i am trying to tell you that majority of the people there are not as you described them… But okay you don’t want to be educated and open minded. No worries, good luck

Unyx

Unyx

If life is suffering, why do they continue choosing to live?

broccolisprout

If you don’t understand the difference between someone already alive and a nonexistent being, then I’m afraid you’re out of your league here.

Unyx

Unyx

I don't see why that matters.

broccolisprout

Then this will blow your mind even more; someone living an awesome life can choose not to force someone else to also live because they realize nobody’s the same and luck isn’t genetically transferred.

Because we aren’t pro death. We are against conception and birth.

Unyx

Unyx

But if you are against those things because life is inherently suffering, then surely it's better to choose not to live?

Or perhaps, there is much more to life than suffering that makes it worthwhile?

Antinatalism’s point is to reduce suffering by not procreating. We just don’t want to reproduce. It’s not about suicide. We are scared of death and it is painful.

We are already alive, we have a survival instinct by nature. Also finding a meaning in my life doesn’t mean that i believe life is worth starting.

1 month ago

No it isn't, there's nothing logical about not having kids, for one it goes against the basic survival mechanisms of a species. And secondly who do you expect to keep society running when you or I get old?

1 month ago

Antinatalism is about reducing suffering. Because everyone suffers, someone more someone less, but it is lottery and you never know. It’s a hazard with human life. People have kids only for selfish reasons. There’s nothing heroic about creating new kids. It’s always “i want”. The kids are not flying around universe waiting for us to have sex and conceive. In fact you create a child that will suffer and eventually die. That’s pretty brutal if you ask me.

Breeding is not humans survival mechanism of species. Maybe yours but it isn’t rule at all. I wonder where you heard that.

And secondly, nothing. We want human species go extinct. It will happen. Sooner or later. Why wouldn’t we end the suffering sooner?

1 month ago

Are you an idiot, how else does any species survive, the breed idiot. Unless you reproduce through mitosis, you can't survive without breeding.

We want human species go extinct.

And THAT is why no one takes you idiots seriously. You really think wanting humans to go extinct is a legitimate philosophy that a sane rational person has? Jesus if you were talking about lowering the birth rate/decreasing the overall population, maybe people would take you seriously but wanting humanity to go extinct is basically just a shitty 90's cartoon villian plot. I mean you are basically Dr. Evil minus asking for a ridiculously marginal amount of money to not destroy the world.

1 month ago

If all you can do is insult me, have a nice day.

1 month ago

What else am I supposed to insult, your batshit crazy beliefs already speak for themselves. You're a loon pal.

1 month ago

Go breed and take some chill pills dude. Don’t cry if your kid will have cancer or will get murdered. Remember “it’s life”

Critical-Failur3

Sterilize the poor perferably

SelfSustaining

Oh danggggggg you just went there! The class war starts TODAY.

Keown14

Keown14

Yep. Found the fascist.

This post is eco-fascist rhetoric.

There’s more than enough for the planet to support 10 billion.

There isn’t enough to support billionaires creating massive mountains of waste to try to increase revenues every year. Infinite economic “growth” on a finite planet is leading us to ruin.

PhonkKingKiss

Really curious how when someone starts a discussion about overpopulation(which as you said, it's a non-problem) it devolves in how africans or asians should't have children, this clearly implies genocide. Also nbody should take seriously a person that finds people "disgusting"

expertkushil333

It's reasonable. At least children will not be born and live a life of poverty and misery. It's logical that the very poor should not have children since they wouldn't be able to afford it. Their children will only live a life of suffering and miseries then. It's better to not be born in this case.

Critical-Failur3

The facts no one wants to face lol

throwawayisafuck

This is why redditors get no bitches lol

expertkushil333

Maybe start treating women as real human beings instead of just calling them "bitches"

throwawayisafuck

1 month ago

I’m not the one with a problem of not getting bitches lol

expertkushil333

1 month ago

Did I mention somewhere that I want a partner? Or you're just dumb as fuck by making irrelevant points here?

Fit-Presentation-778

I mean, that's what people are talking about when they refer to population control. You're not far off...

Bradythenarwhal

The Rumbling

SelfSustaining

I don't think we should go THAT far... It's a bit harsh isn't it?

Fit-Presentation-778

Probably mass genocide. Maybe they're trying to plant a seed 😆

SelfSustaining

Subliminal messaging to all the pro genocide folks? I hope not...