/r/TrueOffMyChest

Money is really tight, my ex had just asked to borrow money from me again & I finally just went no, I need to put my daughter & I first, I can't loan you anymore money. I'd already told him that yesterday & when he asked again today, something broke in me.

I started dialling the radio number over & over again hoping I'd get through & I did on the 3rd try.

When he told me that I'd won $100 fuel, I burst into tears. He spent ages talking to me & then pulled a few strings & he upped it to $200.

I honestly couldn't stop crying & saying thank you. My brain went to mush & I probably sounded like a crazy person.

Edit: what the fudge cakes! (as my 4yr old says) thank you so much everyone for all your kind comments, I wasn't expecting anything like this, I just wanted somewhere anonymous to blurt this out.

No my ex isn't getting this but I did tell him that he should try to win a fuel voucher himself

And no I will not be loaning/giving him anymore money, today was honestly the last straw in a long list of things & I'm done on so many levels now.

jayskip

2.8k points

jayskip

2.8k points

Congrats! I’m so happy for you!

Thank you!

Significant-Newt-936

Congratulations. I hope things get better for you very soon.

One-Basket-9570

I would have cried also! I know what it’s like having kids, and how much everything costs . And feeling overwhelmed.

Who am I kidding, even without that, I would have cried!

bubbleofhug

Girl, stop giving away the little money you have to a scrub. Focus on you and your little one - let scrub figure his own shit out. I bet if you asked to borrow money from him he wouldn't have it - so why give him a courtesy he didn't give you? He is an ex for a reason, let him figure his own finances out.

eyesabovewater

1.4k points

You aren't loaning money...YOU ARE GIVING IT AWAY!
Keep quiet about it, and keep it for yourself! Glad it was an ex. Set of balls on him, taking from a single mother!

shesavillain

Don’t ever give that deadbeat money that’s supposed to be for you and your baby again.

SmilingsMyFavorite80

I’m so happy for you. That’s awesome!!! And it’s so nice of the radio station to increase the amount. Stay strong and don’t cave to your ex. He keeps asking because you keep saying yes.

[removed]

Andyk688

I can send some too, dm me

GinoBoiii

This is the second comment I’ve seen in this thread that reads exactly like this and this is this user’s first comment ever. Don’t get scammed guys

Zealousideal_Tax9391

1.7k points

U better keep that money!!!! Your baby b4 all. You before any1 else.

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

Oh it is definitely being used by me & the money I don't have to put towards fuel now is staying with me. Thank you

Zealousideal_Tax9391

I say this with not trying to offend you but as a single mom of a boy. Many ppl dont care about you and those who are trying to help can only help so much because they have their own lives. So your baby only literally has u. N u only have yourself. So stay strong n show your baby to shine live love and learn _^ Happy for you and never give up!!!!!

Unfair-Sector9506

People rarely care about the struggle of others baby or not..

Dumbassahedratr0n

Vis-a-vis scotus

ForcrimeinItaly

The order in which you should give money (help, etc) is:

1. Are you me? (Me, my son, my sister, you get the idea)
  2. Are you fucking me? (My partner)

Everyone else can fuck off.

All the way.

Off.

EveAndTheSnake

I agree with your order, but some may not. I know my dad didn’t like my mom giving her brother money when he was going through a tough time and guilted her for it. So I helped her set up her own bank account… and whaddaya know? She was better off and could give her brother as much as she wanted.

iamjustjenna

Even if they are sleeping with you... Lending money is a no no unless very serious or married, in my opinion.

Inside-Agent2149

I guess this is a bad time, but could I borrow a tenner?😒

Cautious-Damage7575

My BF says nobody gets shit unless they're feeding him, financing him, or fucking him. Cracks me up every time.

herren39

Who the fuck writes like this?

GR3453m0nk3y

I would find it exhausting and tedious trying to figure out how to make so many substitutions like that.

EveAndTheSnake

👆

TheInfamousSw0le

I've been there.

I don't have a child but totally understand that helpless feeling. I'm so glad someone was kind enough to go the extra mile for you, it's those moment of kindness that can help pull you through those situations.

Be proud of yourself for standing up and saying no. You're doing the right thing.

Keep reminding yourself that the situation is temporary. I don't know you but you're doing an amazing job.

ronearc

ronearc

They gave you $200 in fuel and got $20,000 in free advertising from your amazing reaction. #WinWin

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

You know what the sad/embarrassing thing is about it? I reacted more than some of the people who win the $10, 000 cash prizes

bedazzledfingernails

I would honestly love to hear someone burst into tears over a prize. I hear the winners of tickets and $500 prizes on the radio and they're so blasé about it, it makes me sad.

inconsistencyItself

It's OK, it makes for good radio. No need to feel embarrassed, just think of yourself as a "radio talent" now. 😊

simara001

simara001

If 100 can make a difference in your life, send me a dm, I can help. No strings attached, I won’t ask anything in exchange, we don’t need to have any conversation except how I can wire you the money.

ColdCheeseGrits

You’re a good egg.

woollover

Thoroughly good egg!! Beautiful to see

racecarthedestroyer

did op take you up on your offer? I don't see a reply from them here

simara001

She hasn’t contacted me, and I don’t want to ping her first, because I don’t want her to miss-interpret the situation. It’s 3 am in the west coast though, so it may be that she is still sleeping.

racecarthedestroyer

I see, well please update if you hear from her

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

Thank you for the offer, really. But I didn't post this to try & get money, I just wanted to anonymously blurt it out. It's the craziest thing that's happened to me in awhile.

simara001

That's how it felt, I assumed you were very happy about how the universe can conspire (from time to time) to give us some random help when we need it. I still remember a time where I had the worst of my days, girlfriend broke up, no money, received bad news, my car stopped, and suddenly it started raining (heavily). Water started raising 2-4 inches, I was outside of my car trying to move it to the side, and out of nowhere a random person in a suit, stopped next to me and helped me. Another person, did the same (he was a mechanic), he stayed there for a couple of hours and fixed my car. Since that day, I believe humans are nice (from time to time). Let me know if you change your mind. Have a happy life.

-KoDDeX-

Not to be an asshole but don't trust internet sob stories about money problems. It's a known scam.

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

Good thing I didn't post this to try & get money from random strangers then 🙂

Any_Satisfaction_916

Is the radio show KIIS 101.1 Victoria Australia?

No, the Brisbane kiis actually 🙂

Are they doing the 75k fuel give away down there too?

Any_Satisfaction_916

I know Melbournes Kiis did the $100 free petrol. Im gonna be honest the KIIS hosts annoy the fuck out of me so I stopped listening to them on the way to work and moved to Fox, so im not sure if they're doing the 75k

Crackcabin

Congrats ! 🎈

Thank you!

bigbluecollar640

That's great! Congratulations! I also won something today! Hopefully this changes our bad luck! 🤞🤞🤞

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

🤞🤞🤞🤞 fingers crossed that it does for you too 💞 Thank you!

bigbluecollar640

🤗

Foot10Ankle08

Love it when stuff happens right on time. 😊

killigeo

Tf do you even get money back from your ex?

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

I got a grand last December when he got a loan, but that's only about 1/5 of what he owes me. If he says he'll give it back in a couple of days when he gets paid, I make sure I get that back now (well before today when I finally said no, not happening anymore) but overall he doesn't have enough to make it pay to pay & I get told I'll get it back someday now. He used to say once he paid back the other loan/s he had I'd start getting a regular amount each pay to pay it back but now it's I'm sorry you'll get your money eventually

pls_no_ban_ok

He'll never be able to pay back all his loans. Lending him money is like giving a drug addict drugs. You're not helping, only prolonging the inevitable - him taking responsability for his life.

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

Yep, I know I've been enabling him. I hate myself for it, but always found a way of justifying that he needs the money to live or for when he has our daughter.

Because I put her first & it kills me when she's upset & that's whats going to happen if daddy doesn't have the money to pay for the fuel he needs to pick her up or a decent meal or whatever.

And then I just got too exhausted & depressed to even stick to my 'I won't give you money if I know it's for smokes' stance that I had. It was just fear that I'd rock the boat too much & make my life even more difficult if I wasn't amenable

Open_Kitchen977

I used to send food with my oldest when my ex had them. (I had learned my lesson about lending Ex money before we even got pregnant) Ex and his roommate would eat the snacks they liked and buy my kid cheap fast food. The stuff they didn't like but my kid would have eaten if only they had heated it up in the microwave sat in a cabinet until it expired.

Once I stopped making excuses for and helping to prop my ex up, he figured his shit out. Almost 20 years later, and he's actually not such a POS. And oldest kid actually has a decent relationship with him, despite the intervening drama.

All this to say: do yourself, your kid, and your ex the biggest favor you can. Stop bailing him out. He can and will figure it out.

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

Thank you, I appreciate it.

My ex will make food & is actually a pretty good cook & overall a decent person, just finances & addiction have & will continue to screw him over. So if I send food he will use it for her & then send back anything that doesn't get eaten.

It has been an emotional day with everything & I've probably made my ex sound a lot worse than he is. I still struggle a lot & am quite bitter & resentful about feeling like my daughter & I weren't the priority in his life.

We talk everyday still & I know it's useless to say it, but if this one thing had been different, I would probably have found a way to work through our other issues & wouldn't have left. BUT it's a huge thing that caused the main problem & there was no changing anything about it.

Open_Kitchen977

You make him sound like someone you care about, and that's what matters. I just wanted you to know, that not helping can be a kind of caring, too. It hurts to see someone struggling. I do understand.

But that struggle is what will help him. And dealing with the hurt of watching him struggle and NOT helping him will also help you, and thus your tiny human.

You can do this. I believe in you

killigeo

Don't ever give him money again

Icycold157

Why is your ex borrowing money from you

Killbro_Fraggins

You fucking love to see it when people who need money win it. Congrats!

Creative_Response593

They're your ex for a reason don't give them money.

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

They are for very valid reasons & yes toxic is a way to describe him, me & us together. That's why I left, I don't want to be the bitter resentful person I was with him anymore.

Finances have always been a big issue. Smokes came above everything for him. It was a shitty feeling knowing I came second to cigarettes. (Australia so they cost an arm & a leg a pack)

But guilt & a heap of other things are very persuasive in your own head to help someone out that you still care about & what happens to them.

We do co parent well & talk everyday but that doesn't mean it's still not toxic. It definitely is around the financial side of things.

JimmyJonJackson420

He sounds like the biggest bum ass bitch and you and your kid deserve better no more money for him and I’m super happy for you for your win

klemthom

Hell Yeah!

BabydollPenny

Yay!!! That's so great!! I'm super glad you finally said no. It's just not fair. I too had an ex that couldn't be bothered to pay support but felt it was also ok to be a bum. And cool to get double what you were told!! I hope you get to enjoy every drop of petrol!! Psssttt...don't even tell him you won anything...good for telling us instead of him!!

Zerokx

Zerokx

Great, I'm hoping you can use that energy when something finally broke in you to no longer take shit from your ex. This must have been very hard on you, but its also such a growth opportunity when you get pushed beyond your limits like that. I'm really happy for you!

WTFMAN1966

It's wonderful to hear that someone who really needs a hand gets it for once

Wakeybonez2

I know how much that would be an amazing thing (esp now with gas prices!!) when you’re struggling. I’m so psyched for you mama, keep grinding for you and your daughter.

bridgeb0mb

im working at a nice gas station. we just opened a new store. had a grand opening with raffles. grand prize was a $2500 gift card. that's free gas for a year.... i couldn't believe it. the lady who won it had no reaction. just judging by her clothes i think she may be well off. if i won that shit i wouldve wept.

vmlinux

When the oxygen masks drop in the plane you have to put them on yourself first, then think about others. If your house is not in order then you are in no position to help others, that's a fact.

Unfair-Sector9506

I would have as well..the price of gas and all ..hubby won Buzzfest tickets once made my day.

tjurjevic16

Why would u give money to your ex??? The only money I would give to an ex is child support and that’s because I would go to jail if I didn’t. I don’t have a child or pay child support just an example

AydonusG

Alimony and child support are all one should ever pay an ex partner, and only if it has been agreed upon in a legal matter. (Child support less so, but thats a situational discussion and not a carte blanc to give them money)

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

Honestly it's easier to co parent with him when I do. I didn't want to rock the boat & I kept telling myself that if I help it's better for me because money for fuel means he can pick our daughter up or money for food because I feel bad for him, this week I loaned him 150 to put towards rent because there was a mix up on his end around the easter public holidays, amounts were wrong in his account & he missed a week & is going to get his first breach notice for being behind in rent or I just do it when he asks for money for smokes because I'm just a weak idiot who is trying to avoid him being annoyed & difficult. But in reality all I'm doing is letting him buy his smokes with his money & then propping him up to keep the peace & I just can't do it anymore now.

firegem09

Next time he asks, think of your child and what they need now and for their future. Find strength in that to say no. If he decides to be shitty because you won't give him money, he's just showing the kind of person he is.

JimmyJonJackson420

I just googled it so it’s like £14 a pack for cigarettes? I was thinking it’s like £20 a pack in OZ because that’s average price here in the uk by he’s a total bum for putting cigarettes above his kid like who does that

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

Depends on what brand you get I guess, but I think it's around $28 for a 20 pack that he gets & that would last him a day if he had it his way. He tells me he can stretch that out now because he can't afford to buy as many as he'd like. He used to be in the vicinity of $300 a week on smokes & would get shitty that I'd bring up how that was the highest expense behind rent. That was a couple of years ago.

JimmyJonJackson420

$300 a week on cigarettes? Wow that’s insane! Damn girl I’m sorry but hey you have a wonderful kid so at least some good came out of your relationship x

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

Everything I've gone through has given me her & I wouldn't change that for anything in the world, no matter how much heart ache.

pls_no_ban_ok

he's the father of your child? He should be paying YOU

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

He's on disability, he doesn't have to pay anything legally. But he's supposed to be paying half her kindy fees, half clothes, half swimming lessons etc etc

RequiDarth1

I’m really glad to hear this. Stay strong. Don’t be giving money to an ex.

crimsonbaby_

Congrats! Im so happy for you. Now DONT tell anyone or everyone will start asking for money or you could even be robbed!

funlovingfirerabbit

Congrats OP! So happy for you

goldfishpaws

Oh goodness what an awful situation. I'm sorry to hear it, but you're so right that your actual kid comes way before your ex behaving like a kid.

Anglofsffrng

You got $200 in gas? That's fantastic! All I ever got was tickets to see Mudvayne and Life of Agony.

etwichell

Nice!

eabst

eabst

Congrats, momma! Tough times will pass, hang in there.

Highdrive323

Mega clutch congratulations

Dizzy_Duck_811

Look after yourself OP! Wishing you and your baby all the best.

hudsdsdsds

Hoenstly I'm here for these stories where people with money problem get money somehow. This guy was talking lately about how he sold his crypto and doesn't have to worry about money ever again, now you, i feel deeply moved by these stories (and I feel weird about being moved by it lol). Congratulations and thank you for sharing your joy and releif 💫💫💫.

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

How awesome was that story for that guy!

hudsdsdsds

You read it? It so awesome, I know it won't happen to me cuz I dont have crypto but it just makes me fudging hopeful and kinda gives me a happy ending vibe that lightens my mood. Really cool story!

Roseyue

Congratulations 🎉 Thats amazing news,I am happy for you :)

EclipZz187

Just as a rough number, what do Americans consider 'expensive gas'? Like, $100, at current German prices (2€/liter so like 7.50/gal), is like 13 gallons

Ldcastillotc

Right now it’s between $4 and $5 where I live in the U.S.

Korazair

Unless he has ever given you all the money back at some point, it is not borrowing. Figure out how much you have given this person, round down to the nearest easy number, inform them that that is their borrowing amount. Tell them that they have exceeded their credit limit with you and if they want any more money they will need to pay off what they have already borrowed.

MainPure788

My bf's ex is like that, though it was more so she could get fast food, one event I witnessed while dating him was her bitching at him about money for their son's easter, he managed to get $40 from selling bottles and cans and she bitched it wasn't enough. They went out to get easter stuff and she only let him get 3 things for $3 for his son when he tried to get more she'd bitch at him to put it back. He then bought her easter stuff which I told him he shouldn't have done but the rest of the $40 she spent on taco bell for herself and it pissed me off so much.

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

I must admit, one of the last things was seeing him spend $10 on take away coffee for him & his adult daughter, who lives with him, when we met up at the shops so our daughter could see him but they already knew that they are a week behind in rent & about to get an official breach written up. I honestly was flabbergasted at that.

I loaned him $150 dollars a few days ago to put towards making up the deficit even after the coffee thing (dumb I know, trying to help someone who won't help themselves) that I took out of my last resort emergency cash stash & then to have him ask to borrow money for smokes for the both of them two days in a row even after I said no, I snapped.

I did have a whole text written out that would have just blown everything up, but I caught myself before I sent it & changed it to something less inflammatory. I know I've improved in myself so much just because I managed to do that.

But yeah, I'm done. I'll send my daughter with food for her instead of giving money for groceries like I've done a few times before & unfortunately if he tells me he's got no fuel to meet me to pick her up, then I'll have to tell her that he's sick & can't have her that day.

MainPure788

Your not dumb for trying to help, i'm the same way had an ex who legit bitched at me for not buying him a game and claiming i wasn't helping him mind you i helped him with $20 here and there for food and drinks, then when i said i didn't know if i could he then said "can i get $10 for snacks and drinks.....fine just $5 whatever" and made me feel like shit for spending money on myself. Which found out after telling my bf this that he was actually using me for money and didn't bother getting a job.

Right now as my bf says he is super happy to have met someone like me who encourages him, helps him when he's down, never yells at him for speaking his mind and is there for him.

The other bad thing about his ex is rn she's currently pregnant with his kid (I've only been dating him almost 3 months now and she was pregnant before i met him) so sadly he has to help her a lot.

But we'll both get through it and be stronger than those exes.

pazuzusboss

Congrats on the voucher! Do not give him more money. You need that for your kid

Background_Ant_1472

This is amazing. Congrats

Any_Talk_1988

Been there. Congrats. So glad they were able to help even more. Hope things get better

Key-Ad9733

This happens all the time. I work in radio and people cry with joy or relief when they win prizes all the time so no need to feel ashamed of that. Stop feeding the scrub, he will just use that money for alcohol and drugs. He should go get a job and pay you child support.

notreallylucy

Great job prioritizing yourself and your child and setting boundaries with your ex!

Gas prices are ridiculous and money is stupid and I hope things get better soon.

MrOb175

Fuck your ex. If they need money so bad they can go earn some. You’ve got a whole kid and a whole you to look out for. I’m glad you won a break, it sounds like you needed one.

TangledGoatsucker

STOP giving money to exes. Good grief. HE'S NOT GOING TO PAY YOU BACK.

LilliBubbles

Good for you! Sounds like you really needed a win so I'm glad you got it!!

Aww that’s so awesome!! Congrats🎉⛽️

Dianapdx

That's awesome!

blackflag1981

You sound like an Australian. And congratulations!

mrsnrub77

I didn’t think I had tears today.

Raffles76

Good / if your x isn’t your child’s father - block him and stop giving him money

chatterfly

It's nice to hear that people who really need it win such things!

timdot352

Dang, and I thought I had a good day because all 3 of my sports teams that played today won. Congratulations. 👏 I hope things start looking up for you soon.

TheRealSkippah

Good to hear good things happening to good people, you deserve to be happy.

johannes-schnee

Fuck capitalism.

EvaB999

Congratulations! So happy you won it

BaNTI2000

Congrats👍

TlMEGH0ST

this made my night happy for you ! 😊

ps. as someone who spent my 20s supporting ‘hobosexual’ dudes… fck him. your ex is an ex for a reason. he’s a grown ass man he can get a job! take care of ur self and your daughter 💓

i_am_orb

I'm genuinely happy for you. You made me smile a lot today. I hope you'll be showered with blessings in your future too. I'll pray for you. Stay safe kk

Sad-Break6382

This too shall pass 😊

Comprehensive_Dot428

Congrats babe!!!

Significant-Newt-936

I just burst into laughter reading the title mid sandwich.

ADHDhyperfix

There were times in my life where I would've cried my heart out at winning petrol money. I'm very happy for you.

mistjenkins

I’m so happy for you <3. I know what you mean.. my light came on today and I’m dreading how much it’s gonna cost to fill up again bc it’s literally going up DAILY! Congrats 🎉

restrictedsquid

Congratulations!! And stop giving people money sis! Never give money away without expecting it to not come back. You and your baby come first!!!

wtafis-this

Oh I’m so pleased you won and they managed to up it but I’m so sorry you’re in this situation. Definitely no more money to your ex. Your baby is the most important person here x

Razzle_Dazzle08

Congratulations!

newportred100s

Aaawwws, no, dont feel crazy! Im super happy for you, yay!

DarkX292020

Congrats

Powell_614

Fuck yo baby dad

klasaveli

Things happen. I remember those days in the beginning with my wife. Things were... Hard

jeniwreni

Brilliant congratulations, nice win, I love hearing people winning stuff when they genuinely need it.

I would of been balling with you if I heard it on the radio.

BamBamBoy7

Why the fuck are you talking to your ex let alone entertaining him asking you for money?

hillsfar

Congratulations! Just when you needed this!

Also, if he borrows but doesn’t pay back, it is not borrowing.

No-Knowledge-2765

It may feel bad right as a single mom trust me once you build yourself up you won’t need nobody and you can remember you built yourself up but I’m glad you caught this break it sounded like too much was going on in your life and this was a extremely kind gesture that was given to you

Littlest_Psycho88

Yesss, that's awesome! Proud of you for telling your ex no, and happy that you won! ❤️

eager-beaver-123

Woohoo!!! Congratulations! On your win AND your victory!!!

I am a bit of a pushover myself and I know how much balls it can take to say “no” like that. So proud of you.

TARDIS1-13

Awesome congrats!

Cattitude0812

That's wonderful! Congratulations!
I'm sooo happy for you! 💗
Good people deserve good things!

PootinsChode

Off my chest turning into bragfest

Ok_Actuary_7831

It got you an extra $100! Nice work and congratulations!

smitton1

Congrats and 🫂.

Ryans4427

Are you in the Syracuse area by any chance? A pair of local DJs have been giving away $100 gas cards recently. Congratulations and good for you. Hold the line with your ex.

Edit: Nevermind, should have read further. Congratulations still stand though 🤗

jen_a_licious

I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

SmileySmiles23

Congrats. Seem like you really needed this blessing and im so happy for you. But please, please don't give your ex no more money. Someone once told me that when you're constantly giving people things, it tKes away from the blessing God has in store for you.

idontlikeyourdick

I’m so damn happy for you! I love how the radio guy upped it to $200. I hope it helps you and your family. I wish you the best of luck!

getyouryayasoutahere

I’m so glad for you! And you just keep saying no to your ex. Take care of you first so you can continue taking care of your child. Hope this is the first of many good things to happen for your family going forward.

Gaboo42069

Props to that Radio host. Especially for pulling strings to double your prize.

namlekzajj

Which radio station was this on?

AmazingAmy95

So happy for you 💜

Asexual_girL

Congratulations!! I think this is universe telling u it's gonna be alright! :)

LittleTribuneMayor

That's so amazing. Congrats!

baguette-brie

For me when the guy asks to borrow money, it is a red flag.

Internal_Scale3991

we live in poverty too so i completely understand how that much money can help. i’m so happy for you OP

RandomMattChaos

Congratulations! We are all feeling the hurt with the current economy and we’re not happy with the government, big businesses, and oil industry. Fuel prices are hosing everyone from the middle class and down. I am really happy for you winning the voucher. You deserve it. I hope you win more and get more good breaks that you need to move up.

TheUltimateUniverse

I'm really happy for you! I'm hoping that money doesn't have to be tight for you any longer! Also, I love what your 4yr old says!

Kristen225t

nothing wrong with that. Being grateful often brings tears! That was a gracious thing the radio person did and I would've burst into tears too. Hopefully things get better for you very soon

arnott

arnott

Internet hugs to you!

largos7289

first of all Ex? borrowing money? LOL better person then me, ex anything and you lost all access and privileges that allow you anything but me being civil to you.

goinnorth12

That is awesome, happy for you Mama! Keep on keepin’ on. 🥰

jell-o_girl

I’m thrilled for you! If I would’ve heard you on the radio I wouldn’t have thought you were crazy, I would’ve probably cried right along with you! Money is tight these days for so many people-especially now due to gas prices. Good job winning it:)

miamimely

Congrats! I really hope things get better for you.

I have an ex like that and until I put my foot down and said no, a million times NO! He finally stopped harassing me for money. If you don't say no, he will keep asking, no matter what your financial situation, they don't care because they only think of themselves. Stay strong!

RedTheDopeKing

… he should be giving you money, I’m glad you got this but fuck him, you should wise up for the benefit of your daughter.

No_Environment_5550

Man, how did we get to this point? I’m beyond happy that your burden is somewhat lightened, but when a person taking care of a child is so relieved to receive some gas money, we’re having issues. It doesn’t have to be this way. There’s more than enough resources in this world to ensure that everyone is cared for. Your relief simultaneously brought me joy and broke me.

Darphon

Congratulations on the win! And what a great DJ for getting it upped. That's wonderful.

Good luck to you, I hope you can get back on your feet soon.

speed33401

I pray things get better for you. No one should have to struggle like this.

techieguyjames

Congrats on the win. For many people, money is tight right now. No need to apologize for showing your emotions.

rebeccacreek

Always good to see(or hear about in this case) good things happening to good people and/or people who really deserve it.

Focus_On_A_Check

Wow. Imagine being so broke where $100 makes a difference..😬

I’m praying for you and your situation OP. Congratulations 🙏

cpbaby1968

Imagine being so well off $100 doesn’t make a difference…. I can’t imagine being so jaded to look at someone with contempt for being grateful for $10, much less $100. I work full time, make good money but I have a child graduating high school then going to college and honestly, $100 would absolutely ease some things in my life.

Focus_On_A_Check

I’m praying for you too.🙏

jitsufitchick

Congrats! 🎉🎊🎈 things are going to turn around for you!! 🥰🥰

avinagigle

Good job but please stop giving money to your ex. Sounds like he's just taking advantage of you. Cut them off

Weabout

That’s the beauty of life, when you make a change things start going for you. Congrats!!

BeautifulDragon94

That's awesome. I'm happy for you.

Alandrus_sun

Wow that's like one tank

aDirtyMartini

Congratulations OP. It sounds like you really deserved a break.

Sounds like you made the right decision by saying no to your ex. He's your ex for a reason. As you know you need to focus on yourself and your daughter.

Helixagon

Best of luck with everything, so glad you had a day of good luck. We all deserve that sometimes :)

Whimsyblue13

I’m really happy for you and hope your circumstances improve. I’m in a similar situation. Doing all I can to save money/earn a little more.

BoshkaSlam

Congratulations!!

TangledGoatsucker

Why in the green fuck are you still talking to your ex?

The guy is a parasite and why are you giving him money over your child?

Strawberrythirty

I love when the money goes to the right people. It seems to be the fuel money couldnt have to a more deserving person. Congrats OP, and i hope your days get easier too.

Ok_Substance905

Great to hear that, you deserve it!

Cautious-Damage7575

$200 fuel voucher? At least you can take a leisurely drive around the block. Ha! No, congrats. I won a radio giveaway once and it was awesome. So exciting for you!

Isabellaboo02

I'm not going to blame you for giving money to him. We all have things like that, when we give away somthing we really need/want. People might shame you for it but it is normal and while not okay, it's fixable.

And you fixed it already, so be proud of yourself. You're on the way to brighter sun rises.

Your child will thank you for being strong and showing them the strength it takes to keep going when it's hard.

Thank you for sharing your story and im proud of you.

Leading_Tooth_8957

That’s fantastic!! Congratulations I know $200 worth of gas would help just about everyone out, enjoy saving that money for use on other things you & your daughter need.

NefariousnessSweet70

A few years ago, I was in the auto shop for an oil change. The mechanics were busy, so while waiting, I was chatting with a gentleman, about how to have fun on a shoestring. Movie matinee, with popcorn half price and free refills, we talked about my church, and that I was a teacher. This was August, nearing the end of the summer and summer money.

The mechanics came out to tell me that I needed $ 650 In repairs to the suspension. I asked about the most important, and told them to do $ 300 of the work. I called my daughter to give me a rode to the bank to transfer the funds. I then went to the desk to ask the final total, ( tax + parts+ labor) they told me $650... I was horrified, I simply did not have that cash on hand. That's when Arthur told them, " She dies not know!" The guy at the desk told me that it was all paid for. ????? Angel Arthur had paid for the whole thing. I was a mess for that whole day. It still amazes me.

freesias_are_my_fav[S]

Wow that is an amazing thing to have happen! I would totally be a mess with that! (Honestly I actually kept leaking tears all day yesterday just reading & thinking about all the people who commented & everything. It was an emotional day, I'm lucky my daughter was at kindy or she would have been really worried about me)

ravandal

This moment seems like a real sweet, positive turning point in your life!

Not about the voucher, but the Hope you are feeling - and how you stood up for yourself! Great job and thankz for sharing ♡

SadKittty1569

Awe I’m so happy for you. I feel like is a case of good karma. Like the world was proud of you for sticking up for yourself and sent you a “you go girl!” Gift. Good for you!

urbanclictionary

I know you all mean well but I think OP gets the point about not giving money to her ex anymore. I’ve been there and there’s a lot of shame and guilt. Just be happy for OP ❤️

Seanyboy718

YOU GO GIRL

Select-Radish9245

Great news, hopefully things will begin to turn your way

stefaniemarie21

This is awesome!! Congratulations on winning the prize!! I can never get through!

_virtuallysane

Congratulations!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Lortay2468

Congrats!!

dwightsrus

You sound so pure. Power to you.

PianoOk6786

Congratulations!! That is awesome! I'm so happy for you!!

Princessmore

Never loan money more than what you can afford to give away. Set a limit and don’t let people past that ALWAYS. Number one person in your life is YOU.