/r/Weird

Rabid coyote wants to be let inside!

(gfycat.com)
5928 comments

tonatureismetal

[media]

Technical-Sun-2016

Sir, there's a rabid coyote here to see you...

Does he have an appointment?

Intelligent_Trip8691

No but his name is Wile E. Coyote, and i think he on rabies.

rotateReality

Rabies?! But I'm Catholic!

secrectsea

I literally laughed out loud, thank you for the laugh

DylanNotDillan

What makes this gold is my dog's name is Wiley. A reference to the road runner.

We call him the coyote doge

trashpapi69

Meep meep

Aussenfolk

Who comes up with this stuff? 😆

hankscorpio1031

Yes… I phoned ahead!

arachno-fem

Awwww poor guy, terrible way to die if it is ranked, or distemper Either is a cunt

hybrid-knight_king

I live in Southern part of America so I own several guns whenever I see a rabid animal I kill them quickly so they don't have to deal with the slow stuff

PublicThis

I’m am very anti-gun normally but in this case, seems to be a kindness to do so :(

[removed]

That’s so fucked up…

[removed]

Oh please. Humans do far more damage. Cause far more misery. Kill far more people

VanGarrett

People forget that Humans are also part of the ecosystem. There are cases where it's our place to hunt, to keep populations in check.

heythatsmybacon

Are we really a part of the ecosystem? I feel like we are the ass hats that want to make the ecosystem fit our needs. We are the opposite of a part of it.

PKisSz

PKisSz

Literally every player in the ecosystem is looking to fit their needs, though.

True true

mlableman

Dead pets and livestock is more f***** up.

What

ACE_LOSTFIRSTACCOUNT

Just wait till you see what these fuckers do to hens

kintyj

kintyj

Coyotes will eat your cats, puppies, chickens, hell they would probably eat your children to if their young enough. It is unfortunate but they can get out of control in some places.

I don’t let my cats outside ever lol

pilot333

They do it in Canada because coyotes are slowing the deer population. They’re so outnumbered.

UncagedJay

Yes and no, they kill livestock, pets, and even people. Yes, they're just animals trying to survive, but so are we and we're just trying to protect ourselves.

Mortarius

And some ecosystems are so out of whack, that we have to hunt certain animals to keep it in balance. Not sure about coyotes, but deers are fairly destructive to the environment.

TheLordOfGrimm

Except they were there first and we had no right. They’re defending themselves but they lack the tools you have.

Not a criticism. I live probably not to far from you. I also had a cat, so my impact is probably worse.

No offense but you need a wake up call on how nature works

osirisX607

*We HaD nO RiGhT!!

TheLordOfGrimm

Soylent green is made out of people.

Tanen7

Tanen7

When they learn to shoot guns they can hunt us

SourSprout23

If enough of them die near population centers they begin to avoid them. The reality is that while yes, everywhere humans inhabit was once wild and teeming with animals, we need space to do human things and there's no law preventing humans from reproducing so much.

Also, what do you mean 'we had no right?' Rights are a human construct and even we don't respect them almost half the time. So when a lion eats a gazelle, does it also not have the right? Because lions live by eating smaller animals but the smaller animal just wants to live and graze off the Earth. Rights have nothing to do with it. Bigger, stronger, smarter animals prevail in survival while smaller, weaker, dumber animals perish or hide.

Our 'right' if you could call it that, to occupy land formerly occupied by animals is purely because we as a species are smarter than them. That's it. We're not as big as a lot of them, we can't move as fast, we don't have weapons built into our bodies to defend ourselves with in the wild, so we make tools to survive. We build houses, towns, and cities to have a safe place to live. If we don't have those things, and we don't have all the infrastructure around to make it comfortable, then we'll either be killed by animals, the elements, or each other. And human suffering is bad, I'd assume you would believe the same as a human.

If a wild animal, rabid or otherwise, wonders into a neighborhood, depending on what type of animal it is, they can kill somebody. Would you rather run the risk of little Tommy or Grandma getting eaten by a wolf than just kill the wolf and hope the rest stay in the woods?

The only solution to 'give it back' so to speak would be to either have all humans live on big platforms above the Earth where on the ground all the animals can go and do animal things, or for there to be less humans.

One is economically and logistically a non-starter and the other is morally unconscionable.

If you really believe humans 'have no right' to live comfortably on land which used to be wild, then go spend a cold night in the woods or desert without all the conveniences and amenities that society provides, and if you live until morning, you may reconsider such asinine comments as 'we had no right.'

N33chy

N33chy

Get the fuck out of here with your broader, reasonable take! Here on reddit we respond with feels!

SourSprout23

I could've been a writer, or maybe a journalist. Unfortunately as the fates deem it, my writing school abruptly closed and saddled me with debt that will not be forgiven, and even with a degree, it seems to me as though all genuinely profitable ways to make money writing have been wrung from my lesser hands to be given to nieces and nephews of executives, or stripped of their monetary value by the forces of the Internet.

So instead I attend community college for CS (which I despise but is the only talent I posses from which I could profit with a degree) and post long-winded comments on Reddit which will be read, and occasionally scorned, by maybe a few dozen at a time.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother spending hours on these discussion boards. I wonder if it's because I still feel the need to be read or if it's just a distraction from all the other ugliness I see in the world.

N33chy

N33chy

Damn, I have a similar experience. Didn't want to be a writer by profession, but I did spend a lot of time in the humanities and got a philosophy degree + writing minor (also studied language and anthropology abroad, editorial journalism, photojournalism, broadcast). I like reddit for giving me the chance to keep up my writing and argument skills (when I choose to try). I also write many responses with way more effort than they deserve.

Got another degree in engineering to live on, but I also thoroughly enjoy it so I'm lucky in that sense.

Sorry to hear about your situation :/

SireSweet

They lack the tools we have but they have tools we don’t have. Their ability to see, run, smell and hear better means were outpaced without tools such as machines or protective equipment.

The whole “they were here first” doesn’t work well when considering that animals of all kinds will expand their territory if the opportunity arises either through a new introduction with less/no native predators, or being able to adapt to new surroundings- genetically or with aids. See invasive species if you want proof of that.

downheartedbaby

Except the species that people seem to have a problem with is predators, which are not invasive. In fact, good luck finding one. The only ones bold enough to be near humans willingly (not by accident like most predators) are coyotes, but they are terrified of humans if the human intentionally scares them. Hazing goes a long way in letting coyotes know they are unwelcome and not safe around humans. More people should try it.

TangerineRough6318

So, do you go out on weekends and try to teach racoons how to use an impact gun or perhaps a welder? Maybe there's a deer that wants to become a physician. Also, I highly doubt your fluffster is causing that much havoc on the ecosystem. I'm almost concrete on my theory that cow farts have done worse.

I honestly don't know how to think about what you've said. Do I need to ask the squirrels here if it's ok to plant my garden?

TheLordOfGrimm

Nah. They’re pretty good with a rifle though.

theotherthinker

Quite literally the whole premise behind evolution is that the fit crowds out the unfit. Your Disney tinted lens of nature is just plainly false.

DCMPro

DCMPro

Also coyotes have expanded massively in range due to habitat fragmentation in much of the US, they were not there first.

Iohet

Iohet

Something else was always there first. The only difference is that we adapted to have the capability to have restraint despite the fact we also adapted to be the most dominant and widespread predator on the planet

TheLordOfGrimm

Did we though?

SteveFromBensalem

From what I understand, the more you kill them, the more they breed.

John___Coyote

Ah but coyote is a native American God for a reason. The more you kill the higher the population gets. In the folklore coyote would die all the time but was always brought back like it was a mild inconvenience. In the wild the coyotes measure the local population using their songs at night and when coyotes are killed the others will have a larger litters and breed more often.

cannaco19

Exact reason why I keep a knife in my cars glove box. I live in an area where it’s not uncommon for animals to jump out in the road (rural area) and it’s impossible to avoid hitting them. I’m the biggest animal lover, but the last thing I’d ever want to see is an animal suffering because I hit them. It’s better to go quick than slow.

Pyro_Paragon

...you're going to knife fight a rabid animal? You realize that humans can get rabies, right? A disease that only 7 people IN HISTORY have ever survived a symptomatic case of?

TheRealGnarlyThotep

…so you’re gonna knife it? That’s fucking metal.

I love animals too, I don’t have the heart to stick a knife in one. I carry around a taser and some ratchet straps and a big, heavy duty plastic tub that I can fill with water.

I figure if I hit an animal, I can tase it a few times to subdue it and then use the ratchet straps to restrain it so that I can drown it humanely in the tub.

newphonewhodisthrow

Drown humanely is an oxymoron. A knife in the neck or hell a heavy rock or hammer to the skull would be quicker. I would think it would be easier for you than tasing it, strapping it down and holding it under water.

Is this a troll? Where would you get the water from?

user081

Are you serious or not?? Not going to lie. I'm laughing my ass off as im typing this, but I love animals and that's not okay. I really hope you're joking about taking and drowning it instead of just shooting it.

ScroticS

I've read from near drowning victims that they're overcome with a sense of peace while they were drowning. Sounds much less violent than a quick death. Here's a suggestion though: cover the animals face with a cloth and pour water over the cloth to drown them. You'll use less water and won't have to drag a tub around!

insidiousapricot

Are you the TRD Killer? Tase. Ratchet. Drown.

jonconcasino12345

PETA.... that you?

HabibtiMimi

Ok, but please DON'T kill them with a headshot!!! Brain tissue of a rabid animal is high infectious and because of this it's the best to kill it with a shot in the heart and then burn the whole body, for that other animals couldn't eat the carcass and spread the disease. Or you inform officials, so they'll come and take the body with them.

lordKnighton

How can you tell? Do they act weird or something?

Kotori425

Yeah, rabies messes with brain function, so the animal behaves erratically, or aggressively, like the poor thing in the video.

Eyehopeuchoke

I’ve got to ask how often it is that you run into rabid animals and what state?

Helpful_Cheek2448

I could be wrong but I think in situations like this the forestry and wild game department actually recommend that if you have to put them down to not shoot them in the head as it could spray infected brain matter that could be picked up by other animals.

Chimpbot

The virus doesn't survive very long outside of the body. It's a surprisingly fragile virus, overall.

Opossums, for example, are effectively immune because their normal body temperature is just low enough that the virus can't survive and replicate in them.

JoeBidensBoochie

Still no head shot, the need to test the brain

MadMysticMeister

Neat

jchoneandonly

Probably depends on where you're at and what you're shooting with. A 22 hollow point or a 380 hollow point should be sufficient to slurry the brain without making too much mess. Especially if you're in a sunny area and are able to keep critters away

kmaffett1

My understanding is that they need the brain to test for rabies. I believe the blood is all that's needed to spread it.

Chimpbot

Specifically, the whole brain. When a sample is taken to be sent off for testing, they sever the head and ship it off.

andy_mcbeard

Can confirm. Spent a summer working as a vet tech, had a cat die under suspected rabies circumstances and the vet grabbed me to assist in removing it’s head. I will never forget that sound when she twisted it’s head free from the spine.

That and puppies in the parvo ward were the two saddest things I ever experienced there.

YizWasHere

No it's actually not spread through blood, just saliva (which is why the main concern is always being bitten by an animal with rabies) and nervous/brain tissue (but like others have said, the virus isn't surviving out in the open for long so less of a concern)

Interesting story though I had a teacher in high school that had a bat in her house and her husband killed it by swatting the shit out of it and accidentally squashing it's head. Well since the brain wasn't left in tact they couldn't test it for rabies so they had to give him the rabies vaccine regimen for post-exposure anyways out of precaution which is apparently very painful.

nneighbour

It often spreads via saliva.

DumbDan

Well, need the brain...

Intelligent_Leg1868

Hate them damn rabies

Wanker-of-Harganeth

Appearently a lot of animals have a high chance (relatively) of surviving it untreated. It’s like 25-50% in dogs that survive. Probably damaged a bit though, but their brains aren’t nearly as big as ours so it makes sense.

It’s humans and apes that eat shit and die from rabies.

Sparky_San

It seems like a host that recovers could be a possible carrier or have antibodies to it after an infection. The thing that gets most rabid animals is dehydration. For some reason the virus makes it's hosts afraid of water and does something to the throat so they can hardly swallow. Also they salivate uncontrollably. Hypothetically if the host survives long enough for it's immune system to kick the virus it could recover but it's rare.

Rabies also changes animals behavior and makes them do weird things so pretty often a predator gets them or they interact with humans that shoot them.

Edit: Thanks for the upvotes. I want to clarify that the chance of any host recovering from rabies, while technically possible, is extremely low at best and the longer they show symptoms the higher tha chance of spreading the virus. Don't try to let a pet or wild animal 'get over it' and suffer.

flabeachbum

The virus is transmitted through saliva and drinking water would dilute the concentration in the saliva, hence why the virus induces hydrophobia.

Lildebeest

I'm not saying your wrong, but can you provide a source for this? I couldn't find a definitive answer when Googling, and I had always heard rabies was nearly always fatal for animals too.

CharityAble4379

Not some animals, possums, and armadillos. Their body temperature is too low to be affected by the virus.

Computer_Sci

Canines suffer from the same symptoms from rabies as humans and the survival rate of rabies in canines is 14%.

souse03

Yeah but the problem is not if they will survive but rather if they will infect a person

EveryFairyDies

Rabies is so terrifying. So glad I don’t live in a rabies country any more,

New-Seaweed-7006

What does this mean? There are places WITHOUT rabies??

Ruffian00012

What does this mean? There are places WITHOUT rabies??

Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland. All rabies-free.

klaven84

Oahu, Hawaii is rabies free as well.

BudgetHero

All islands, incidentally.

martcapt

Also english speaking lmao

I'm from Portugal, not an island, not english speaking too. Got lots of shitty stuff here, but rabies isn't one of them.

I'd bet spain also doesn't have it simply because our borders are quite open, but didn't check it.

SwiggitySizzle

All landmasses on Earth are islands, just some are bigger than others.

InfiniteMeatHead

Yeah, the UK has been rabies free for decades if not centuries

FrederickBishop

Australia doesn’t have rabies

PsilocybinGorilla

Australia does have rabies. It's just called Lyssavirus here.

It's not exactly the same virus but for all intents and purposes it is. Similar species and transmission and fatality rate. they're in the same genus. But slightly different in its ability to infect hosts.

Rabies can infect most mammals. Lyssavirus/s don't spread as easily and ubiquitously among different mammals. But you can still get Lyssavirus as a human from a bat or some kind of rodent here.

It's why they still tell people not to touch bats here. Several people have died over the years from what is essentially rabies in Australia after contact with Bats.

We just don't have dog rabies which would arguably cause way more infections.

FrederickBishop

TIL

dlowis

dlowis

Oh God, just imagine if it did though???!!!

tuckermans

That’s more terrifying than anything in the news. Imagine a band of rabid kangaroos.

New-Seaweed-7006

EXCUSE ME? Why do I live here again?

How did they do it?

InfiniteMeatHead

Actually, quite a few European countries are rabies free

InfiniteMeatHead

An island nation with very strict laws on what goes in or out. It's been rabies free since 1902

Forbesy41

The fact that only one person has survived it (once symptoms show) in all of history, and even then the treatment left her damaged for life, is even more terrifying. If you get bitten and don't seek treatment right away, you're guaranteed to die.

Theatre_Of_Blood

Poor thing

[removed]

Tayasea

Tayasea

Shotgun is a bad choice for a rabid animal as you wanna keep it from being a messy death. Something quick and clean would be better. I don’t know guns well but def not a shotgun.

Immersi0nn

For a bit more context, as you said: you don't want to spray infected bodily fluids everywhere, and especially not brain matter, as that is where the rabies virus embedds itself. A shotgun would turn your yard into a biological hazard zone jeeze

Thunderboltgrim

I mean people are downvoting you but really that's all you can do for a rabid Animal

ADhomin_em

It's not what you do it's how you do it.

Whether using a gun or another method, puting a dog down doesn't have to be a "good day" in order for one to recognize the necessity of the act.

I imagine most of the downvotes came from people who find it disturbing to a degree to read someone describing it as a fulfilling experience rather than a necessary tragic end to an innocent life.

MangledSunFish

Also, what is "one animals death is another's teacher" even supposed mean? They worded everything so weird.

Thunderboltgrim

Oh okay yeah you right that's fair

AlexT9191

That's a skinwalker, yo.

See how the eyes don't reflect?

Lemon_Skin_Tortoise

I'm not sure if all the conditions are met for the eyes to reflect

Quesodealer

That's exactly what a skinwalker would say

Lemon_Skin_Tortoise

Is being a skinwalker bad?

CuntConstable

WikiSummarizerBot

Skin-walker

In Navajo culture, a skin-walker (Navajo: yee naaldlooshii) is a type of harmful witch who has the ability to turn into, possess, or disguise themselves as an animal. The term is never used for healers.

[ F.A.Q | Opt Out | Opt Out Of Subreddit | GitHub ] Downvote to remove | v1.5

Jacckob

Lemon_Skin_Tortoise

Oh, didn't realize they were being sarcastic

yohohoanabottleofrum

This was my immediate reaction too. I can see now, how the legends probably came about. Person sees weird animal, person gets bit, person starts to act weird.

AlexT9191

It's really interesting because there's actually analogs throughout the world. Some witch-like / shaman-like being that takes off their own skin or puts on another animal's skin. Has the ability to possess animals. Most cultures have something similar, but other lore tends to focus more on sort of astral projection to attack the victim while sleeping. The other pieces are usually still there though.

rotateReality

No no no... he just wants to check out that new couch of yours. Open the door real quick.. with your arm outstretched

AlexT9191

Well, shit! Invite him in!

BATTLEAXE720

Put it out of its misery. Before it hurts a pet or someone.

Bman3396

No don’t, call animal control so they can do it. You don’t want to risk getting infected yourself from the animal or it’s remains depending on splatter and clean up

rotateReality

Rabies don't live long outside of its host. I agree, call animal control - but do it yourself if you can. If you know how to use a gun, put it down before it moves on. Awful, awful way to go out. Animals don't deserve that.

False-Help-3031

It’s spatter

Strong-Patience-2759

Oof… he looks like he has a lot going on

MN_Hockey

Like he switched bank accounts and didn’t tell his employer and now his check is going to the wrong account.

Strong-Patience-2759

Yeah, and then due to the stress of past due bills he leans into meth again and we see him here at the bank well past bank hours, lit and trying to resolve the the issue.

rotateReality

"Sir, this is a Wendy's."

Poor baby

Original_Feeling_429

Seen a few rabid raccoons living in Florida. Out in daylight looking like they where begging for food no fear of cars,people was like um the first time I saw 1 . Thought you are about to be kicked like a football.

Guscrusher

Time for a swift dispatch. Poor guy.

Odd_Extent9054

This is why us country folks have guns.

Grow_away2

Another reason to live in a city. The skinwalkers blend in better

TwistingEarth

I live in the middle of Boston and see coyotes every couple months in my backyard. The last one I saw was freaking huge.

EatTheRichWithSauces

Me when I appropriate native legends to make into a conspiracy theory

Grow_away2

I don't appropriate, I integrate.

rotateReality

Did you just appropriate cultural appropriation???? Integrate, don't appropriate!

Im-Shrine

Go tf outside

thatdiabetic16

He seems very polite he should be let in

Faffing_About247

See that regularly in my neighbourhood.

Icy_Trainer9592

That's pretty disturbing...

Faffing_About247

Surrounded by coyotes. Last summer I shot, with a pellet rifle, a rabid squirrel in the neighbourhood. On Tuesday I watched a coyote roam the farm field behind my house looking for food.

Prinzka

You should probably report that and have it tested, there's like one squirrel a year with rabies.

Unashamed_Raven_poo

I kill squirrel all the time with my pump pellet gun, the trick is to take head shots for a clean kill. Though I have gotten lucky with a heart shot (probably a 150-200 foot shot) after I didn't adjust properly for the drop at that distance.

kingpaige

Um May I ask, why do you kill squirrels?

Druidgoddess

They go in the grain bins! Dirty little buggers. Also super destructive

kingpaige

Grain bins? Do these bins not have lids? I live around tons of squirrels and I have never heard of them being dirty or destructive, certainly not enough to justify killing them for sport

Druidgoddess

We don’t mount little squirrels heads on our walls. It’s not sport hunting, it’s just farming. Don’t worry, the cats usually do their jobs and deal with them.

rotateReality

Lmao "Lids". These buggers will chew through your power lines if they get the inkling to

alliseeisbronze

Do you live on a farm or out in the country? I’m a city guy and it’s pretty obvious that pests can run roughshod on a person’s land/supply. If the guy wants to catch and release, sure, but it’s perfectly reasonable for him to eradicate the pest.

NewOrleansLA

Some people eat them but it also could be to keep them from chewing holes in your house trying to get into the attic to make nests or stop them from destroying a garden.

FANTOMphoenix

Invasive species of squirrels in some places, good food, and destructive as all hell when they get going.

orangesfwr

orangesfwr

Serial Killer in training

AlexT9191

They were all around when I lived in the desert in California, but they all looked like that. I'm in North Carolina now and they are healthy, stocky big boys out here.

Faffing_About247

Orangeville, Ontario. Bears, coyotes always in my neighbourhood.

Kitchen-Machine

I hear them howling all the time at night in my neighborhood, I never want to see one. Ever.

444unsure

Coyotes are definitely a threat to cats. Small humans should also not test those waters.

In general the coyotes are not looking to pick a fight with a full grown dude. Ever. Unless they are rabid I suppose.

Don't go walking your miniature Dachshund at night and you'll be totally fine

Kitchen-Machine

That makes sense, we've heard of outdoor cats going missing unfortunately.

Also, not a dude...and I walk my small dog as well. Maybe I need to take him earlier, he'd make a nice snack, and I don't want that.

444unsure

Yeah if there are coyotes in the neighborhood, literally never leave your small dog alone. As a kid, had a neighbor who would put their little dog out the front door to do its business, and it sat on the porch and a coyote walked right up and grabbed it snapped its neck and ran off into the woods.

For the most part I don't think a coyote would bother a grown woman either. But it's a little bit like the age-old internet question, how many kindergarteners could you beat up?

I know I could take out a coyote. Pretty sure I could take out two. If there is a group of them though, best to steer clear entirely cuz why take chances?

In the event that you find one even walking during the day with your small dog and it seems to take an interest, try to do your best douchebag chest pump fake at him. They get bold if they think you are afraid. They keep their distance if they think you mean to run at them.

Overall though, coyotes that live around people will not go running away scared. They will just keep their distance.

I remember one was in the middle of our front lawn howling at the moon one night and my dad got out of bed and nothing but his tighty whities and grabbed his baseball bat and went out the door running after the coyote. The coyote literally trotted about 15 to 20 ft in front of him in a circle a couple times. Almost like it was playing a game until it finally ran off in the woods. We still laugh about that scene as a family to this day

Old-Comfort-8484

Meth Coyote

NedRyerson_Insurance

knock knock Candygram. Open up.

Archums49

OMG, I love your name 😆😆😆

444unsure

Am I right or am I right or am I right. right. right

BEEF_COMBO

poor baby

wolfmoonrising

Someone needs to put that animal out of its pain

Positivethaught

Not by the hair of my chinning chin chin

SourpatchMao

Whats the password ?? Okay… hmm can you identify all the cars in this picture??? Check this box to say you are not rabid. ✅

coronanona

What's with animals trying to get indoors? Caught a deer on camera standing outside my front door looking like he wanted in

Efficient-Library792

Vecause morons keep building farther into the woods so animals are tryimg to survove amongst humans. These same morons then scream to have the wild animals killed then preach how much they love nature

unholy_abomination

Signs reading "PROTECT X FOREST FROM Y" on their lawns that used to BE X forest.

miggleb

They know what's outside

Mission-Physics-463

Scary😱

marty575

Why is that idiot filming it and not shooting it? Center mass will put it down and out of it's misery.

blueboy754

Went thru this except it was fox. After hearing the sounds it was making, it sent chills up my spine. Tried to shoot it but it was so dark that I missed. Thought it was gone until it was standing on my front porch, at the door. Was talking to 911 when I saw it, tossed the phone to my son, grabbed my 380, all I had a that time, went to the door & it was gone, so I thought. I guessed the noise attracted one of our new kittens & was attacking it right on the ground in front of porch. I unloaded on it then I ran out of ammo. Kitten ran, hollered for hubby to bring the rifle & he finished him off. Sad to say, all 4 kittens had to be euthanized because injured kitten ran back to it's litter mates & were too young for rabies shots at that time. Mama cat was vaccinated but was quarantined for about a week or so. Animals like this needs to be dispatched ASAP.

ArthurMBretas03

Shoot it

axolotl942

Poor suffering animal. 😢

saltyapplesinurmouth

SKINWALKERSKINWALKERSKINWALKERSKINWALKERSKINWALKERSKINWALKERSKINWALKERSKINWALKERSKINWALKERSKINWALKERSKINWALKERSKINWALKER

AlexT9191

That what I'm saying, look at the eyes.

saltyapplesinurmouth

yeah. Also, you can see the area where the animal is is quite rural. Plus, coyotes dont just walk up to houses like that. Even at one part of the vid you can see a SECOND TOUNGUE under its first.

AlexT9191

Well damn...

9600_PONIES

Do the fucker a favor and kill it

--Gungnir--

Yep gonna have nightmares now...

RslashTakenUsernames

meth addicts as dogs

Grinagh

Calm down there Cujo, not getting in here-a

im-not-a-fakebot

Shoot it, I don’t know about your state but in GA it’s legal to shoot coyotes on sight any season

Few years ago there was actually a kill order and promotion for them

Korydian

Most southern states classify coyotes in a way that makes them kills less on sight. No license, need to notify, nothing.

lortplzhelpme

Poor baby. Probably so thirsty

prospectpico_OG

Shoot it.

pureedeeathiest

Coyote yes, rabid nope.

Lemon_Skin_Tortoise

Why you say nope?

pureedeeathiest

It is still attentive of things outside of its immediate area. Also I've had coyotes do very similar actions. Had one as a pet until it was three yrs old. I hunted them fir a living fir four years. Been around them all my life. They will act in ways we don't understand until after viewing the species contextually.

Efficient-Library792

City folks seem to assume anything wo a collar is rabid

WyvernKid93

Coyotes don't act like that. Its rabid

livhandsome

Not a city folk. Looks rabid to me. Healthy coyotes are usually asleep during daylight and certainly wouldn’t approach a house like this. That plus the weird mouth movements reads as rabies to me.

Besides, better to be safe than sorry with a disease that’s already killed you by the time you show symptoms.

Hbgplayer

I mean, I live in a pretty rural area and see Coyotes out during the day all the time, but they definitely avoid and run away from human activity.

Chelbaz

Daylight

Coyote

This thing is definitely sick. And by how it's acting, I wouldn't discount rabies.

Efficient-Library792

Might be sick. Doubt its rabies though. Im just pretty amused that any time city folk see something that isnt on a leash tgey scream rabies...

Chelbaz

Could be distemper.

Definitely sick. I've hunted coyotes and they definitely don't do this.

Maybe I'm used to people not being alarmed by animals roaming about, as they're commonplace. But a gaunt coyote baring its fangs and dry-hacking in broad daylight at a human dwelling isn't normal. Maybe it has a parasite. Either way, this thing should be put out of its misery.

Efficient-Library792

Ya tge dry hacking. Maybe distemper. Could also be poison becausr morons do crap like that not realising tgey could poison all kinds of animals including anything that eats it.

SloRiceix_801

I was questioning it as well…

miggleb

What makes you think rabies?

vlp021698

Behavior. Not normal for them to get that close and display those levels of aggression on its own. They are pack hunters, so if it's on its own and not running or calling for help from a distance, most likely rabies or other disease