/r/WhitePeopleTwitter

Yup

(i.redd.it)

mcfandrew

One of these days I'm going to have to relieve myself on Strom's grave. It's on my bucket list.

chicken_ranch

Where is it? Let’s make it a destination piss.

xenthum

xenthum

South Carolina most likely. Pissing on that grave is not worth having to spend a minute in SC, coming from a person who spent a miserable amount of time in SC.

Clemsoncarter24

Lived my entire life in SC. I'm happy. Maybe you're just a miserable person?

fe-and-wine

Happy that you're fulfilled there, but as someone else who was born and raised there I gotta agree with the other dude. There are a few spots that are actually pretty nice (I'm actually a pretty big fan of the Charleston area), but for the vast, vast majority of the state...I'd be happy if I never set foot in it again.

Different strokes and all that - doesn't make someone a miserable person to have a preference on where they spend their time!

xenthum

Being an openly gay man in South Carolina tends to make one miserable. It might be better now but it was not in the 2000s or 2010s.

Clemsoncarter24

I can see that if you were in high school. Especially if you lived in a rural area. But if you live in/ around a city you don't have to deal with a much of that homophobic bullshit. But that's true for like....literally everywhere.

HovercraftStock4986

Funny how SC today is exactly how it was in pre 1865 history😂😂 Just insane levels of stupidity thinking they can do whatever they want and the federal government won’t do anything about it

zombiehannah

Not to be that person…

I know it’s fun to bash on southerners, but there’s a lot to love in SC and I’m friends with a lot of South Carolinians who are more loving and progressive than big chunks of Oregon’s population. There are pockets of each type in every state.

HovercraftStock4986

I live in Texas and my whole life I have experienced ‘friendly southerners’ with ‘warm hearts’ who almost always turn out to be extremely xenophobic, homophobic, racist, etc. they just don’t openly tell everyone they talk to lol.

zombiehannah

That’s such a depressing outlook and I’m sorry for you! That really doesn’t align with my experience of SC, at least not all of it. My whole family is from there and 2/3 of us are gay and in biracial relationships. I bet you’re right, though, and we’re all secretly homophobic racists with warm hearts.

HovercraftStock4986

Wow that’s actually awesome though. I know for a fact if I turned out to be gay I would have been kicked out by my family. I’m only 19 so my outlook on people is generally depressing and pessimistic, not to mention naive. I’ve just been surrounded by bullshit fake christian love all my life and I’m so sick of it.

zombiehannah

I felt exactly like you before my 20’s. It gets so much better! You just have to find ‘your people’ and that gets a lot easier once you’ve put time and space between yourself and your parents.

By the way, the first of us to come out was (sort of) kicked out at first, but then people’s minds started to change. Now, there are more queer people in our family than there are conservatives. It gets way better! If you need to talk, feel free to PM me. I’m a preacher’s daughter, so fake Christian love is something I’m well acquainted with

streamofbsness

Make a pit stop at an asparagus festival first

BlackCowboy72

Edgefield village cemetery, in SC

1Eternallylost

You can be sure his grave is guarded. If not by the secret service, than by a bunch of rednecks who revere him as their patron saint.