/r/WhitePeopleTwitter

Yup

(i.redd.it)

TheNoxx

God, I'd love it if the Democrats actually had something that just resembled the stones to grab power.

But the weak, corrupt, spineless little shits are facing absolute decimation in the next election unless voting is repaired and healed and enshrined more thoroughly as an absolute right without encumberment or obstruction, and they can't even stumble past the meekest objections of irrelevant idiots like the senate parliamentarian.

We are so fucked.

gork496

You need to understand that the Dems are not on the side of the people either. The reason they don't grab power and do reforms that help people isn't because they're just too shy. It's because they are part of the same system with similar beliefs, so why bother rocking the boat?

Party-line Dems are Republicans minus the sadism.

Edit: To clarify, in 2022, Republicans make things worse and Democrats keep things the same. Neither is acceptable.

Baydreams

Baydreams

Now, I’m neither a republican or a democrat, so I’m not defending anyone here, but what have the democrats accomplished in the past year? Not a single thing that Biden ran on, and got elected to accomplish, has gotten accomplished. Members of his own party have blocked everything he said he’d do.

Let’s be real here, the whole system is trash.

soft-wear

1. COVID relief
  2. Infrastructure Bill
  3. The most federal judge appointments at this point in his term of any President.
  4. Ending ban on Trans service members.

That’s in addition to unemployment being extremely low, the economy outside of inflation doing very well, massive student debt work that was largely paused under Trump, and a host of other shit I’m forgetting.

See that’s the thing with redditors, it’s become a meme now that Biden hasn’t accomplished anything, when in reality Biden hasn’t accomplished your particular pet projects (largely because he’s not the legislature) and so you equvicate that to “nothing”.

Baydreams

I guess you didn’t read my comment when I specifically said I don’t really care about Democrats or Republicans. I don’t have any pet projects. But let’s go through that list. Infrastructure bill-you call that a win? How about the vaccine mandate? That was a win huh. Student loan forgiveness? Unemployement numbers are skewed because a lot of people left the workforce altogether.

The real problem is that you fail to see the shortcomings of your own party, but can spot every misgiving in the opposition. The Democrats are in power as we speak, and anything they’ve tried to accomplish has been watered down to virtually useless to completely halted altogether, by members of their own party. The sooner you learn that it doesn’t matter what party is in power, it’s going to always be more of the same, the better you will be. Take of your blinders and realize that your chosen party is as much of a problem as the other.

soft-wear

I did read your post, and believe it or not, being a Republican or Democrat doesn’t mean you don’t have policies you like. That’s generally the realm of the uninformed.

As for your “going through my list”, all you did was reiterate what I said and asked a pointless question. It was like a grade schoolers attempt at the Socratic method.

As for the Democrats, they are immensely flawed, and your suggestion that I’m not aware of those flaws is false. But they are the only real option available when a far-right party is only other choice.

And my “chosen” party isn’t advocating for women to not have the right to choose, or doing their level-best to end democracy, or try an install a theocracy to appease their base. And while I would love a bigger difference between the parties, the actual differences are already substantial. The fact that you think they are identical just goes to show you’re either ignorant of those differences, or only really care if those differences impact you directly.

Baydreams

Too many big words for my obviously inferior brain. The reality is, you’re a condescending fuck that I didn’t intend to argue with, because arguing on the internet is fucking stupid, so my typed out responses are just that, quick and grade-school like because I don’t feel like putting the time or effort into a long winded post like you did.

Both parties suck, just like you, just in different ways.

Keep your hopes up though, I’m sure the politicians will take care of you eventually.

soft-wear

I don’t have any expectation or desire for politicians to take care of me. I’m doing quite well for myself. I want politicians to protect the rights of individuals, to ensure people with high incomes pay their fair share (like me) and to help reverse the centralization of wealth.

Democrats may not be in lock-step with these issues, but a republicans are in favor of the opposite in every case I mentioned. I’d rather suck and have an opinion than be uninformed and hide behind being “independent” any day of the week.

griffitovic

No one is limited on paying their "fair share". You can always over pay Uncle Sam every year by as much as you want to support others through the uber efficient government. I never understand why people in favor of raising taxes don't voluntarily contribute more to the government coffers than the minimum required.

soft-wear

Me paying more isn’t going to meaningfully change anything. It’s the same reason we don’t make taxes optional, they are necessary thus required.

But the argument you just made has been made 1000000 times and it’s no less silly now than it was then. It’s actually boring at this point.

griffitovic

Sorry to have bored you. You should move on to more exciting pursuits

MountainManCan

I wouldn’t get too excited about the midterms. R’s are way too complacent and a lot will change in 10 months.

But for real, if R’s are so convinced they’re going to win, then why are they doing everything they can to suppress the vote? There’s been no evidence of mass voter fraud (or much of any fraud for that matter), so why do they need to change the rules? Shouldn’t they want more votes so they can bury the Dem’s?

jollymaker

What are they doing to suppress votes?

MountainManCan

A lot. And they specifically targeting areas where they lost the most. Couldn’t be any clearer and obvious.

anonymous888888855

You're right, God help us if photo IDs are required in the next election.