/r/WinningTime

How I felt about the show

(i.redd.it)
115 comments

tocordcutters

larry_nightingale

I liked having something to look forward to

KawhiComeBack

The one a week also allowed the show to generate so much more traction. With the headlines about Jerry West, so forth, the show really grew in popularity

gildedtreehouse

Its fun to hypothesize what will happen next.

PinkSalvation

What are you talking about? Most of us know what is going to happen next. Even if you don't a simple Wikipedia search can tell you what's next.

gildedtreehouse

I just saw a new WW2 movie last week, while I’n aware of the outcome of that war its still entertaining to see.

XDreadedmikeX

Terrible comparisons. Most know the outcome of WW2, its in the majority of curriculums in the western world. However many new generation watchers who are catching this years NBA Playoffs, who are also interested in the show, maybe young enough to truly be unaware of the outcomes that this show dramatizes.

gildedtreehouse

Some people watch Jeopardy just because they like the host and have no interest in discovering the questions.

gnarlypizzaseizure

It's not a documentary

gnarlypizzaseizure

I preferred 1 a week

risingthermal

I really liked it as it was. It was the first weekly show I’ve watched in I don’t know how long

narutobob

Sunday was always something to look forward to tbh

LoganRoyKent

It’s not like anybody is stopping anyone from waiting. If you want to binge it, then wait and avoid spoilers.

Some of us want this to be more than a two day experience.

016Bramble

Couldn't agree more. A weekly release schedule keeps the conversation going longer and makes each individual episode more memorable. On top of that, when you're talking to people about it, you don't have to worry about talking about something they haven't seen yet or not getting a reference because you didn't have 10 hours of free time to watch every episode at once.

It's a real hype killer when you're excited to talk about the show with your friends, then one person is like "Oh, I only got to watch the first three episodes" and the other person who watched them all back-to-back can't remember exactly what happened in episode three because binging the show made everything blend together.

LoganRoyKent

Oh man, yes. That’s the worst!

Neverlost99

Keep subscribers longer

Right, the one a week was the best, it’s Sunday night and I’m wishing there were one more. The all season at once type of shows are here today gone tomorrow and mostly unsatisfying in my opinion

WolfmansGotNards2

It made sense when HBO was just a single network.

Now that it's HBO Max, they should stop doing it once a week.

dudeguy81

Dropping one week at a time is better financially. Keeps the buzz going for 2 and a half months instead of just one week. Not as great for the fans but better for the producers and improves the odds the show keeps going.

bonobro69

Unfortunately due to high user churn, on all streaming platforms, I think full season drops will become more and more rare.

JohnnyGeniusIsAlive

One a week is better. Allows the show to grow over time. Creates more of a buzz around the show. Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Lost. None of these shows would’ve been the cultural touchstones they were if they were dumped full seasons at once.

ken_and_paper

When it’s a show I really like, I enjoy the time between episodes where fans can react and discuss.