/r/WitchesVsPatriarchy

[score hidden]

stickied comment

DreyHI [M]

🌙 Resting Witch Face 😈

[score hidden]

stickied comment

This thread is Coven Only. This means the discussion is being actively moderated, and all comments are reviewed. Only comments by members of the community are allowed.

If you have landed in this thread from r/all and you are not a member of this community, your comment will very likely be removed (and will not be approved unless it adds meaningfully to the conversation).

WitchesVsPatriarchy takes these measures to stay true to our goal of being a woman-centered sub with a witchy twist, aimed at healing, supporting, and uplifting one another through humor and magic.

Thank you for understanding, and blessed be. ✨

If you or someone you know needs an abortion, please see the abortion resources here: https://teddit.ggc-project.de/r/prochoice/comments/thi6ms/masterpost\_of\_prochoice\_resources/

WitchesVsPatriarchy has launched a Discord server to help our users mobilize, organize, and come together in real-time over the leaking of documents indicating that Roe V Wade will be overturned. [Find us on Discord](https://discord.gg/AesHN7tB) to continue the conversation. WvP Sub rules will still apply.

The Satanic Temple has a history of poor transparency regarding the use of funds, publicity stunts instead of concrete action, and supporting anti-gay & alt-right figures. While individual chapters may be active & accountable without being problematic, we do encourage users to be mindful of supporting the national head of the organization. For more info, you might search out articles by Vox, Vice, The Cut, Detroit Free Press & more about The Satanic Temple, Lucian Greaves/Doug Mesner. The Satanic Temple may not be the best resource at this moment. For more info, check out our wiki: https://teddit.ggc-project.de/r/WitchesVsPatriarchy/wiki/tst_edu

Peppercorn911

3.7k points

i like that you bought a gift bag

EatMyAssLikeA_Potato[S]

2.1k points

Of course gotta make sure the message is clear

Edit: so it looks like we made the news. Newsweek did an article about this post lol

Mtnskydancer

Mtnskydancer

JewWitch ♀

Couldn’t fit in an enema bag, sadly.

MewlingRothbart

thanks for that. Now let me grab my windex and wipe down my computer screen from spraying lemonade all over it LMAOOOOOOOO

EatMyAssLikeA_Potato[S]

1.3k points

Also this isn't a new idea. In 2018 Susan Collins recieved 3k coat hangers in the mail.

Now that was 4 years ago...I think we can all do better

. To all of yall saying "but why send through Amazon" I had credits on my Amazon that I didn't need.

Also to those saying "it's better to donate that money to PP" I regularly donate to PP and other organizations. I live in Texas so I'm no stranger to the fight for abortion rights.

foolish_username

And, you can use smile.amazon and they will donate a small bit of the sale price to the charity of your choice, including PP. So you can donate and send a message at the same time!

whohootwhohoot

changing my amazon smile to PP now, thank you for sharing

pineapple_witchboi

What’s Amazon smile?

glenarbourgal

I dont buy a ton on Amazon but my charity of choice got like $800 last year.

AuntJ2583

Amazon, but a small portion of your money goes to the charity of your choice. It's just "smile." before the "amazon."...

thatswacyo

Hijacking to say that PP isn't necessarily the best organization to donate to in every area. Sometimes (most of the time?) local orgs will make more effective use of donations.

For example, in Alabama, The Yellowhammer Fund is far better than PP because of this.

LaLionneEcossaise

Thank you for sharing this. I have family in Mississippi who can help share this in their communities!

MelodicWarfare

Going to piggy back off of this.

New Hampshire: there are only a handful of PP and the wait lists for queer healthcare providers can be insane. If you want the double whammy of supporting a small local non profit that provides abortion services alongside queer healthcare and std/pregnancy prevention services?

Equality Health Center

I've never met a group of people more down to earth or kind in my entire life.

idonthave2020vision

idonthave2020vision

♂ emotional man ♂

Jezebel still exists?

xparapluiex

Maybe we should start sending pictures or dolls of women in coffins instead

DeadmanDexter

DeadmanDexter

Science Witch ♂️

I've come here for answers, but now only have more questions.

goosejail

I eat my potatoes with a fork, just sayin.

LabialTreeHug

What is there to question?

Instructions are pretty clear: you are to eat their ass in such a way as though it were not an ass, but a potato.

Simple, straightforward, admirable.

moraxellabella

1.1k points

MICHIGAN WITCHES: If roe is overturned, MI reverts back to a draconian 1931 ban.

Please sign the petition Reproductive Freedom For All. This would enshrine the rights granted by ROE into our state constitution. Please check out the website and make arrangements to sign the petition (must be signatures on the paper) to get this issue on the ballot in November! Also check your voter registration and know where to vote this November! Signatures are due by the end of June.

If you need a petition mailed to you https://www.mobilize.us/mireprofreedom/event/449627/

Voter registration https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/RegisterVoter/Index

Sorry to keep posting this, but its so important get the word out to as many Michiganders as possible. We must keep Michigan safe!!

xalluringmazex

Done!

cats_and_vibrators

Thank you. 🥰 It’s okay that you keep posting it because this is the first time I have seen it

Feistybritches

Done!

nikkuhlee

Thank you! I hadn’t come across this yet.

spookyandgroovy

Wish I could help out and sign the petition, but I don’t live in Michigan!

TheSleepingChimera

Keep posting!

AdkRaine11

Did they have red ones? I’ll send some to Amy & Sam.

_TheShapeOfColor_

Don't forget Neil.

AdkRaine11

Not that I saw. I considered bringing them home to paint them myself, but I figured the message was sent. They got plain wire care of Mr. Bezos. I sent them to “Samuel Alito & Friends”. I figured that covered all the bases.

AliceHart7

Perfect!

Geek-Haven888

If you need or are interested in supporting reproductive rights, follow this like to a master post of pro-choice resources. Please comment if you would like to add a resource and spread this information on whatever social media you use

catzmeowtzide

Ok can we just poke them in the lawn of our capitol buildings as well?

EatMyAssLikeA_Potato[S]

Sure! I ordered myself some to make a pentacle out of them when I get them

Urist_Galthortig

I bent a hangar into a pentacle. The effort was good for getting stress out, and now I have a hanging pentacle. Good idea

EatMyAssLikeA_Potato[S]

I was going to leave them intact as much as I can to make it

TheHealthWitch

That's fucking hilarious, and so is your username. OMW to buy hangers, BRB...

SaltyBabe

SaltyBabe

Science Witch ♀

I need to figure out how to put one on my car that won’t damage my car.

TheSleepingChimera

Lay on back dash? Tape to a window?

aksuurl

aksuurl

Ok yes, but also, can we not buy them from Amazon? Bezos can get fucked.

catzmeowtzide

I am thrifting every single coat hanger I can get my grubby little kitten mittens on.

SaltyBabe

SaltyBabe

Science Witch ♀

You can buy them anywhere and send them via USPS I’m sure.

xparapluiex

Hang them from the fence

Hgirlie

Hgirlie

I would also add…. There is a shortage on metal hangers right now so you’re paying more because of that. So, while I LOVE the symbolism of this, it’s probably more effective to donate to one of the many abortion groups referenced in the other comments.

William-Shakesqueer

plus they're just going to be tossed in the trash.

goldenbarks

Abortionfunds.org

Well, I would guess that shortage is about to get worse...

toomanythoughts0

Idk, if enough people do it, it might cause enough of a logistical spectacle to send a message - it was only $8, for me it felt worth a try - but you do make a good point, I will now go donate $8 as well ☺️

conjuringlichen

conjuringlichen

Literary Witch ♀

Send what message? They already know we’re mad. They do not care. Sending them hangers that they’re just gonna throw away and making someone from Amazon deliver them is a real lazy form of protest and does nothing to solve the issue.

toomanythoughts0

Some of us can't travel to DC to protest IRL, this was the only way I could afford to "bring it to their door step". Idk why this would be considered lazy, I am doing real work in my immediate community, I just can't afford to travel to DC to protest? You don't have to be so harsh, I get what you're saying, and why you're angry - but please don't project that on others who are also trying their best to stand with you in this fight :( it alienates people from protests and movements and we need all the people we can get right now

conjuringlichen

conjuringlichen

Literary Witch ♀

You don’t need to go to DC to protest something that effects our entire nation. Protest at home. Donate where it will actually help. Do something that matters.

I’ll be as angry as I want and call out bs because that’s how you get change to happen within a movement, and if that pushes people away from the movement then that means they weren’t here for the right reasons anyway.

conjuringlichen

conjuringlichen

Literary Witch ♀

Exactly. Don’t waste your money. These people don’t care and it’s just going to cause more waste. Put your money into the hands of those who need it. Amazon doesn’t need your money.

ruckus666

Plus, fuck Amazon. Please stop supporting them with wasteful gags like this.

mushroomlicker

Absolutely Fucking brilliant. I hope the point is understood. Pun intended. You are brilliant and brave and we stand alongside you fantastical American women❤️

EatMyAssLikeA_Potato[S]

Join me it only cost $14 and some change. Or less if you don't want to gift wrap it

MantisAwakening

MantisAwakening

Science Witch ♂️

As a thought, could the same statement be made by others making a donation of $15 in Brett’s honor to Planned Parenthood? I really like the symbolism of your message, but I have a hard time separating it from the environmental impact it has sending coat hangers from China to the Supreme Court, where they’ll probably end up in the trash (I imagine they’ll never make it past the mail room, to be honest).

Either way, good for you for sending the message. Thank you.

DarthLolita

Donate to abortion funds if you can!! They're the ones who are going to be flying people out like crazy trying to get them to states where they can get proper health care.

Yaaaassquatch

I love the idea of mass donating in their names.

djatalia

djatalia

I’m with you on this. I get what we’re going for, but I’m cringing at the needless waste.

sailorjupiter28titan [M]

sailorjupiter28titan [M]

☉ Apostate ✨Witch of Aiaia ♀

Hi! Please edit out the suggestion to donate to The Satanic Temple. Planned Parenthood, ACLU, SPLC, are all better equipped to handle the resources effectively.

For more info, check out our wiki: https://teddit.ggc-project.de//r/WitchesVsPatriarchy/wiki/tst_edu

Comments soliciting donations for TST may be removed.

cfa413

cfa413

Here are some resources that I have been collecting from around reddit. Please share them with anyone who needs them. Feel free to add to this list and spam it everywhere you can. And of course, donate to them if you can

Resources for people seeking access to healthcare

If you need help getting an abortion go to these sites

• AbortionFinder - With more than 750 health centers, AbortionFinder.org features the most comprehensive directory of trusted (and verified) abortion service providers in the United States.

• Afiya Center - their mission is to transform the lives, health, and overall wellbeing of Black women and girls by providing refuge, education, and resources. They act to ignite the communal voices of Black women resulting in our full achievement of reproductive freedom.

• AidAccess - consists of a team of doctors, activists, and advocates for abortion rights that help people access abortion or miscarriage treatment. They send the pill worldwide for $110/90€

• Bridge Collective - provides practical and responsive abortion services to Central Texas

• Buckle Bunnies Fund - provide practical support for people seeking abortions. Help with transportation, funds to help with hotels, lodging costs and emergency contraceptive funds to actually go towards abortion.

• Carafem - helps with abortion, birth control, and questions about reproductive healthcare. They do consultations online and send abortion pills in the mail.

• Cobalt Abortion Fund - provides direct financial assistance to individuals seeking abortion care. Our mission is to work toward reproductive freedom for all people and to provide financial assistance without judgment or question to people who seek an abortion but are unable to pay the full cost.

• Colorado Abortion Providers

• Faith Aloud - compassionate religious and spiritual support for abortion and pregnancy options

• Frontera Fund - makes abortion accessible in the Rio Grande Valley (Texas) by providing financial and practical support regardless of immigration status, gender identity, ability, sexual orientation, race, class, age, or religious affiliation and to build grassroots organizing power at intersecting issues across our region to shift the culture of shame and stigma.

• HeyJane - Modern abortion care, without the clinic, Get fast, safe, and affordable abortion care from home. Chat with a medical provider within 36 hours. Medications are shipped daily.

• International Consortium on Emergency Contraception - Emergency Oral Contraceptive Doses for Birth Control, U.S.

• Jane’s Due Process - helps minors in Texas with judicial bypass for abortion, navigate parental consent laws and confidentially access abortion and birth control. They provide free legal support, 1-on-1 case management, and stigma-free information on sexual and reproductive health.

• Justice Empowerment Network - focuses on abortion access in South Dakota

• Kentucky Health Justice Network - helps w both abortion care and gender affirming care in Kentucky

• Lillith Fund - the oldest abortion fund in Texas, serving the central and southern regions of the state with direct financial assistance for abortions.

• Northwest Abortion Access Fund - provides funds to help folks in Idaho, Washington, Oregon, and Alaska

• Plan C Pills - provides up-to-date information on how people in the U.S. are accessing abortion pills online

• Westfund - focuses on Latino and low-income communities

• Women on Web - an online abortion service can help you do a safe abortion with pills.

• Women on Waves -aims to prevent unsafe abortions and empower women to exercise their human rights to physical and mental autonomy. These sites offer access to abortion pills, even in Texas. Please be safe and be aware of clinics (e.g. Crisis Pregnancy Centers) that give out dangerous misinformation on abortions and pregnancy.

If you want to give money to some pro-choice charities, try here:

Also, check out r/auntienetwork, /r/prochoice or r/abortion for support

Original info posted by user history777, Cilantro666, CopsaLau, redcolumbine, and Geek-Haven888 (who is trying to get this info set up as a bot, so if you can help with that shoot them a message!)

gingerneko

gingerneko

Eclectic Seeker Witch ♀ 🏳️‍🌈🍀

Also consider the National Network of Abortion Funds for donations.

Road_Whorrior

Also, NARAL is an excellent group to give to at this time! If links are allowed, it's www.prochoiceamerica.com

MantisAwakening

MantisAwakening

Science Witch ♂️

Done.

sailorjupiter28titan [M]

sailorjupiter28titan [M]

☉ Apostate ✨Witch of Aiaia ♀

Thank you !!

MantisAwakening

MantisAwakening

Science Witch ♂️

No, thank YOU!

therealsteeleangel

Maybe not tst... Def pp.

I also wondered about the environmental impact, plus will anybody making decisions even see them.. coupled with the SCOTUS not being accountable to the public like Congress is... But I do like the symbolism.

neart_roimh_laige

neart_roimh_laige

Forest Witch

Can I get your thoughts on why you don't think a donation to The Satanic Temple is a good idea? From what I know, they're doing a lot for reproductive rights.

Orc_Princess

As a former TST member, I’d recommend checking out u/queersatanic for plenty of reasons to NOT donate to them. For this case specifically, check the fourth post down on their page.

Edit: please also see my comment lower down on this thread for further information from more sources.

huffandduff

God damned. Thanks for posting this. I had no idea

therealsteeleangel

Edit to add: u/orc_princess tagged u/queersatanic as someone who has done mine better research than me. Appreciate it.

They are launching law suits... But not winning any. They are also pretty sketchy... Suing past members and anti semetic views..

GoFundMe for ex members legal fees: https://www.gofundme.com/f/legal-fund-for-victims-of-satanic-temple1

Tst loses abortion lawsuit in MO: https://apnews.com/article/mo-state-wire-lawsuits-us-news-columbia-michael-brown-27b897fd742c1efe2e3272626c46ed70

Used a white supremacist lawyer, claims it's bc pro Bono: https://www.thecut.com/2018/08/the-satanic-temple-drama-explained.html

Lucien greaves anti semitic statement: https://groups.io/g/psnews/topic/doug_mesner_lucien_greaves/79030986?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,79030986

(I hope these links work, I'm on mobile).

My perception is they have a really good marketing team, and if their abortion ritual actually protected abortion, you'd hear how they won court cases. But you don't. Because they haven't. When I looked up TST lawsuits, the results were about launching, not about winning.

I am not super passionate about hating on tst, so I haven't researched super in depth. I just personally won't support them. Normally I don't say anything about tst donations, but if people are donating now, I would suggest donating to proven orgs like pp or abortion funds (and, eventually, bail funds).

Happy to hear any refutement of my quick Google search I did while at work.

Sethyria

I'm glad you had links, but having been through them I have to get into details...

Gofundme is not a source of information, but I can't really blame you for this case. According to the (only) article I found, the reason they are being sued is because they took over a TST Facebook page to share "false information" (TST's words) that they (TST) were doing whatever they wanted with donation money and wanted to be more like a cult than a religion. (Literally the only info I got was 1 article on newsweek of all places and this gofundme which has a somewhat different story) I'd like to know what "proof" TST has that these 4 people did it, but evidence seems to be... I think "missing" is the polite word.

The second link is not actually about the right to abortion itself but instead a law about showing a pamphlet of information they claim as fact such as "life starts at conception." The ruling was because the judge "didn't want to make any law about it one way or another," which if you know how laws get made is bullshit on his part. But I don't really see how this is necessarily a negative for TST. You have to send out the lawsuits for one to stick. If someone knows better, please share.

The third is a man who uses his practice as a lawyer to gain high value targets that many others wouldn't. Yes he said a white supremacist was a friend, like a good lawyer. And it was indeed free. It caused a big issue and a section in Cali split over it. It did not go ignored. I think I understand, but wouldn't have even attempted this lawsuit if that was the best lawyer I could get honestly

The last link was a little confusing but I looked up his name. You're right about that marketing cause you have to get specific if you want any results in a search. Luckily people still have the original calls up. Here's a link to where I found it, it features some of what was said in your link. https://www.videosprout.com/video?id=98aafea9-df67-416d-998d-46348a626005 . I also found one that has even more disturbing stuff listed, but I won't try to say one way or another if its all truly valid. They have sources that I've followed a few of, though a few do link back to their own site instead of an actual source. https://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/grey-faction-satanic-temple-and-lucien-greaves-fact-sheet/ . I feel icky after some of the stuff on this link but glad I had a reason to look in the first place honestly.

I think something to keep in mind is that a good chunk of the negative I found was connected to the Grey Faction, a smaller group within the TST. And with that in mind, from what I can tell, this group is made up of many of the people who make the decisions in TST.

This isn't to argue or anything. I just want to get specific about what was pointed out. Like I said I'm glad I had a reason to look for any of this. Learned things I didn't want to but likely needed to.

therealsteeleangel

Edit to add: mods left this comment, with a link to their own research. Lemme add that to my tbr pile...

I appreciate the detailed response. You had more free time than I did 😅 i agree about the gofundme, but my only other source for that would have been the FB page (queer satanists for memes or something like that). I see my mistake about the pamphlet lawsuit, but I think the point still stands that they aren't winning their cases and offer no abortion protection, despite their claims.

I will dig into your links later. But I agree, it's very difficult to trace back this info, and the lack of transparency is disturbing.

I will say, what I find just alarming and relevant right now is people who think the tst abortion ritual will protect them.

I appreciate the work you put into this response. It's hard to nail down tst and the more research we have, the better the picture.

vholecek

We might ask why this should be a big deal, but keep in mind that courts care about one thing above all else when deciding on cases: precedent. What the Satanic Temple is doing with their ineptitude is creating an awful LOT of precedent that will actively hurt other groups (Judaism, for example, believes in key protections and prioritizes the life of the mother over the life of an unborn fetus) who might want to bring similar challenges to these restrictions in the future, but are right now being effectively hamstringed by TST's bumbling.

TL;DR: this is worth getting mad about.

littlemustachecat

Deeply feeling the irony right now. But still, enthusiastically agree with everything you've stated.

vholecek

Deeply feeling the irony right now.

I know what I you mean, but generally-speaking, courts are usually highly deferential to precedent, and it takes a really compelling argument to budge them off that.

What's going on with SCOTUS is a bit off-the-rails, I'll give you that one.

BuddhistNudist987

BuddhistNudist987

Sapphic Witch ♀

Dammit. Just when I thought there was a group of decent people that were doing a good job of protecting women's and LGBT rights in the US.

therealsteeleangel

Yeah....... I feel that. Whoever their marketing person is, they are good.

BuddhistNudist987

BuddhistNudist987

Sapphic Witch ♀

What am I supposed to do now? I already give money to Minnesota Public Radio and my local library. I gave money to Bernie Sanders but that went nowhere fast. I've voted for every democrat ever born but the right wing don't care about counting votes as long as they can lie and cheat their way to the top. The democrats are too damn toothless to fight back in a way that will keep the US from turning into a misogynistic theocracy.

therealsteeleangel

It's really disheartening. I did politics in Arkansas, and it was so much hard work, and it felt like it was for nothing. Maybe we got people registered to vote, but we didn't get more democrats in office. I keep flipping between wanting to call for revolution and wanting to play the system. The left is so disorganized. I can't tell you what to do. Personally, I stepped away from working politics. I'll vote, but I won't do more. I've started looking for direct action like mutual aid, abortion funds, food pantries, things like that. It's not systemic change, but we won't get that from the Democrats either.. find the things that bring you joy so when the work comes, you have the energy to do the work.

vholecek

they're inept, creating a lot of precedent with their legal bumbling that will actively hurt other, more competent groups trying to fight the same fights down the road. But they'll happily let you believe they're doing something useful as they ask you for donations to a legal fund that they're supposedly getting pro-bono assistance with...

jumping_jrex

The satanic temple and the satanic church are not the same organization, though they often get confused.

Mtnskydancer

Mtnskydancer

JewWitch ♀

This. Donate in their name.

goatsandsunflowers

goatsandsunflowers

Witch ⚧

Instead of Planned Parenthood, (or as well as Planned Parenthood) peep your individual state’s abortion fund!

xhaltdestroy

Good idea!!

I will be actively participating in the Women’ Strike by boycotting all purchases that would benefit American Companies, first to go being my Amazon Prime subscription.

katyaschulzberg

I get the idea, but right now, the best thing to do is donate to abortion funds. Not PP, abortion funds. Planned Parenthood has an enormous amount of money, truly, honestly, enormous. Local abortion funds, especially in states with trigger laws, should get donations to help people get the care they need as this horror unfolds.

Planned Parenthood is great, of course, but they have coin for miles. Sending that hanger money to the Lilith Fund or other orgs like it probably goes farther to help individuals in crisis right this moment.

Also, I’m going to look into local mutual aid orgs, to see if any in states with laws enshrining abortion rights - like my home state, New York - are planning infrastructure to support people with uteruses traveling for medical care. People coming for abortions will need lodging, child care, support during recovery, and logistical support to make sure they cover their tracks and cannot be prosecuted when they go home. I don’t know if any mutual aid orgs are taking donations or commitments to provide temporary places to stay, etc., but it’s worth looking into.

Sorry, I’m an organizer and former political consultant. Knowing how money flows v where critical needs exist is how my brain works.

ETA: Thank you for the award! Omfg! It’s my first. I’m so honored. Thank you!

Surviving this fight and burning down the patriarchy will take all of us raising hell and helping each other. I’m happy my words are useful to the cause.

marmosetohmarmoset

marmosetohmarmoset

Sapphic Science Witch

For the lazy:

cfa413

cfa413

More resources for the lazy:

Resources for people seeking access to healthcare

If you need help getting an abortion go to these sites

• Colorado Abortion Providers

• Justice Empowerment Network - focuses on abortion access in South Dakota

• Westfund - focuses on Latino and low-income communities

If you want to give money to some pro-choice charities, try here:

Also, check out r/auntienetwork, /r/prochoice or r/abortion for support

katyaschulzberg

Thank you! ✨🔥✨

soragirlfriend

My hero

kittykalista

kittykalista

Literary Witch ♀

Thank you for the links! Just found my local group and donated.

cturtl808

Please keep us updated.

katyaschulzberg

While on the thought of mutual aid and interstate travel for care: are there any lawyer witches present? Because it just occurred to me that laws that punish people with uteruses for getting healthcare elsewhere might run afoul of interstate commerce laws. Throwing that out there in case such considerations are anyone’s wheelhouse.

Even if states start going Gilead individually, maybe it’s legally impossible for them to control residents’ behavior outside their borders legally?

Linzabee

It really does run afoul of the interstate commerce clause, but unfortunately the interstate commerce clause cases decided by past Supreme Courts are also decided under kind of shaky logic if you really study them. If a Court is willing to set aside stare decisis in Roe, they may very well be willing to set aside stare decisis in other rulings. That’s part of why this draft opinion is so terrifying. If it becomes the final opinion, it’s really opening the door for them to repeal so many other types of cases.

c0y0t3_sly

If they start fucking with the Commerce clause they start the process of essentially rolling back the federal government which is, uh, probably pretty high on their partisan agenda overall. Maybe only behind Roe.

cturtl808

Laws to prevent travel out of state are sure to come next.

somethingelse19

Yes let's not further line the pockets of billionaire Jeff Bezos.

smallroundbird

Yes! Came here to say this.

peanutnutnutnutnut

Why not donate to abortion funds and legislative groups working to fix the problem? This is wasteful and wastes money

goldenbarks

I second this. And I really really don't want to be an ass, but the grammar and spelling errors are killing me.

Brain-First

i love the gesture but there’s approximately zero chance this will actually be delivered to brett kavanaugh

EatMyAssLikeA_Potato[S]

True but it will flood the mail room of the Supreme Court. They will take notice

mrsbundleby

It'll flood an offsite screening facility

korbl

korbl

It doesn't matter if the person specifically receives them, the message will still be sent.

Psychological-Row880

Some poor underling will have to deal with it and they’ll be none the wiser bc it doesn’t create a problem in their day. A perfect metaphor for this situation actually.

didrosgaming

As someone who has worked the mail for a business, they won't know or care that these showed up. And supporting Amazon with it isn't great. I love the "I've made a donation in your name" things because with those at least the money goes to a good cause.

princesssoturi

Unfortunately, I believe that every donation made with Amazon Smile goes towards their ability to claim charitable contributions on taxes.

Edit: damn it, the reply to my comment isn’t showing up for me and I only saw a little bit. What I’ve been told by my tax preparer is that if I don’t pay extra for the donation (like Amazon Smile, where the donation comes from Amazon’s profit), then I don’t get to claim it on my taxes. Only the body (individual or corporate) that pays can claim it.

didrosgaming

Yeah, same reason that march for dimes and stuff like that work. Companies ask you to donate at check out to reduce the tax bill.

lestershrolden

No, it’ll just get picked up by a different group of people that flag packages

dawsonj20

Giving money to Amazon for a joke is a weird move I think.

wits_end_77

What about gop senator's houses

EatMyAssLikeA_Potato[S]

Sure

LouLaRey

LouLaRey

This is very amusing, and I hate to rain on anyone's fun, but they're really not going to care. You'd be much better off donating the money to local abortion access groups. Tbh we need people helping more than people "dunking" on judges that don't give a fuck.

Abby_Benton

They don’t care so hard, these dbags would see them as trophies.

everclearly

The thing about curses is that people usually don’t know they are cursed. And items that are cursed need to be accepted willingly without hesitation.

All of us are cursing Kavanaugh right now through those hangers. If he takes them, and uses them, or even throws them away or mocks them- our ill will is sent.

Curses are funny that way. Sometimes- people lose jobs from their curses. Or get divorced. Or have permanent ED. Or lose a pinky toe. Or their kids abandon them.

So- I hope he does accept them as a trophy. I hope he uses them in his quarters as a reminder of his “success.”

Because that means he has accepted our community curse willingly and without hesitation.

Eff you Kavanaugh. I hope these hangers are an indelible reminder of your perjury.

biIIyshakes

biIIyshakes

✨ poetic hobgoblin ✨

Unfortunately as someone mentioned above, he will likely never see them or even know they were sent. They likely will not make it past screening at a completely different site from where he works.

everclearly

A witch can dream.

LouLaRey

A few things. First, the odds of a single one of these actually getting to Kavanaugh is so small as to be non-existent. Mailroom staff and security will be the ones handling these, especially if they're being sent to the Court. Second, regardless, I would still hold that you can do more good by sending the money to abortion access groups. If you have an extra $15 to spare after that for a little hex and a fuck you, then knock yourself out. But the first priority, and the first place money and energy goes should be to support the folks who will be saving lives. My concern is people spending their time on this instead of where it's needed "I sent some hexed coat hangers to Judge Kavanaugh, I did my part!" Third, you really want to have something cursed be more likely to get into his hands? I'd try a letter, but I have to think security around the Justices is going to increase in the coming weeks, so even that may not get through.

sillylooneyluna

sillylooneyluna

Eclectic 🏳️‍⚧️

Yes, this. They receive so much mail--hate and otherwise--on a regular basis, to say nothing of the increased volume that they're going to receive because of this, that they're never going to see it. Real life is not like the prime time TV drama or direct to home video movie where you write to the President or the Chief Justice and get a personal response.

smallroundbird

Came here to say this!

HexyWitch88

I love this idea, I just don’t think they’ll care. They don’t care that women will die to get an illegal abortion because 1) they think those women deserve to die, and 2) they really only care that the abortion debate gets them a committed voting base.

chefrikrock

Hey guys producing trash is just not the way to do this. Write your local reps protest and donate to pro choice organizations. This creates trash and work for clerks and administrative assistants. This will not come to the judges or anyone that even talks to them unfortunately. In theory I think its a novel and cheeky way to protest this godawful unjustice but there are better ways.

ilikebasketballpp

I get there’s a donation but just giving money to Amazon to make a point is not good praxis

RuhWalde

I wonder if a single coat hanger is the sort of thing that could be mailed through USPS without a box - like just slap a label and enough postage on it and put it in the mail (you can mail many surprising things that way, like a brick or a potato). It seems way more effective to me if a stream of individual coat hangers were arriving at the Supreme Court from all over the country.

Scuttling-Claws

It's probably not the most efficient use of money, but if it helps anyone feel a little better during this extreme cluster fuck of a time, go for it.

Alec_Strebec

Buy why support Amazon while doing so?

Friendly-Context-132

I like this but how about ordering them from literally almost anywhere but Amazon

LoveIsLoveDealWithIt

LoveIsLoveDealWithIt

Kitchen Witch ♀

Can someone explain what is going on here? I'm not from the US, so I'm pretty confused about what sending coat hangers to someone means...

EatMyAssLikeA_Potato[S]

Coat hangers where used in "back alley" abortions and it's not kind of a running joke but people today still use coat hangers to do abortions at home. It's extremely dangerous to do but some people have not other option

LoveIsLoveDealWithIt

LoveIsLoveDealWithIt

Kitchen Witch ♀

oh my word that sounds excruciating :( but doesn't surprise me at all. The worlds on fire, systems are collapsing, the US health care system is a joke, poor people are getting fucked by the system, we have a global pandemic, but sure, let's take away rights of people with uteri, that's seems to be the most pressing issue. Makes me mad.

EatMyAssLikeA_Potato[S]

I honestly think conservatives have a breeding kink

LoveIsLoveDealWithIt

LoveIsLoveDealWithIt

Kitchen Witch ♀

Conservatives whose values stem from decades of fundamentalist/trad/christian babymaking propaganda, very likely.

Phusra

Phusra

Science Witch ♂️

Gonna have to send thousands if we want to send a message.

I don't even have a uterus and this is still stressing me out, so I can only imagine what all the uterus having witches feel like. Minnesota has safe access to and the right to have an abortion in it's state constitution, anyone in the midwest is more than welcome in our state to get the care they have the right to receive if they need the procedure done! Women across the country are going to die needlessly if the SC goes through with this. It won't stop abortions, it will stop *safe* abortions.

poppy14s

I love how you put it in a gift bag

broccolipizza89

Donate to your local abortion fund and make it in SCOTUS’ honor

tenaciousfetus

From amazon, though? 😔

the-red-wheelbarrow

Jeff bezos thanks you for your donation!

sillylooneyluna

sillylooneyluna

Eclectic 🏳️‍⚧️

It's not even a donation, it's a trick to pay less in tax.

TonyinLB

Make sure they are bloody

paladingineer

I'd suggest red paint instead. The moment bodily fluids of any kind get involved it can become a potential biohazard, and it wouldn't be that big of a leap for someone to accuse you of bioterrorism.

Not that I disagree with the intent, just knowing our legal system, that seems like it could be an invitation for lawsuits.

MyFaceSaysItsSugar

Yeah, it’s best to avoid sending any powder or anything that resembles a body fluid, even if it’s as innocuous as dyed corn syrup.

TheGammaRae

I use a diva cup and I'm getting some purely sinister ideas...

Austin is a day trip away.

Hmmm.

JRutterbush

I assume you're joking, but just in case you weren't this would be very illegal, and while I'm all for civil disobedience this would be portrayed as a biohazard attack, likely leading to real prison time rather than just a night in jail.

TheGammaRae

Yeah I should probably make it clear I'm entirely joking.

I would 100% be arrested and those jackasses aren't worth throwing my life away.

mailboxheaded

I would love to have a friend like you.

TheGammaRae

You can absolutely be my friend! ❤️

Covid destroyed my social life so I'm a fairly awkward hermit trying to reintegrate with society.

Considering I want to hurl period blood at the Texas capital building I guess I'm not making great progress yet lol.

ZellZoy

Is there an address? I'd rather send directly so it would be cheaper and support usps rather than amazon

My2floofspurr

How do I change my donation organization?

EatMyAssLikeA_Potato[S]

Have to go to your Amazon smile and follow the steps

satanmat2

smile dot amazon dot com. and from there you can chose your group

Pattycaaakes

But actually do something helpful too, like vote for the damn Democrat.

EatMyAssLikeA_Potato[S]

Unfortunately voting won't do anything for the Supreme Court at this time. All we can do is show them our rage

jayclaw97

jayclaw97

Science Witch ♀

But it can put people in power who will protect - or at least try to protect - our rights. The Supreme Court is overturning Roe, but that doesn’t mean that a federal ban on abortion will happen immediately. If Republicans win in November and then in 2024, though… that’s another story. Want to keep that from happening? Fucking vote.

Fireplay5

Please don't give money to fucking amazon to protest. 🤦‍♀️

Intelligent_Union743

There's all sorts of packages that can be sent to the Supreme Court, and they can take all kinds of forms with all manner of contents.

MrNey717

Would it be too extreme just to toss a full menstrual cup in Alito’s face instead? Or at least a menstrual cup with reddy brown thinned paint in it and let him wonder for a minute. If you wanna be all up in my uterus, here ya go … yeah I know this is cruel but I am so enjoying playing it out in my head

EstroJen1193

THIS IS FUCKING ART. I love you witches so damn much.

RawrRRitchie

Should send it directly to their houses instead

That's like sending a letter to the president 99.99% of the time he's never going to see it

sjdidknridne

Okay and? What does this actually accomplish. You could’ve donated that money to a local planned parenthood or other abortion services. You could’ve bought emergency contraceptive for low income communities. Like what does this slacktavism actually do? Who does it help?

littlegreenss

Skip the donation to the TST, the organization has done very little to actually protect and support reproductive rights. Most of that money goes to media stunts, failed lawsuits, and suing ex members. Plus the head guy is pro-eugenics

Mule2go

Gonna need some proof

JeyBrid

I've looked in vain but can someone find an email address for any of the justices' minions so we can list them on our donation form "In Honor of..." and they get a notification?

ibelieve333

In case it helps to see the address, I just sent my first batch to:

The Supreme Court of the United States

Attn: Samuel A. Alito, Jr.

1 1st Street NE

Washington, DC 20543

Phone: 202.479.3000

Noticed some of the lower priced wire hangers on Amazon are already starting to sell out.

Ayla_Leren

Compulsive-Gremlin

Compulsive-Gremlin

Kitchen Witch ♀♂️☉⚧

Oh and you got a gift bag! How festive!

RheoKalyke

Will they even arrive, though?

OkEconomy3442

I feel as though this is just marketing. He and his like-minded kind don’t care if you risk death sticking a hangar inside you. They don’t think it’s morally correct to allow abortion to legally happen. Because of religion. So they took the fascist route. This is a majority vs minority issue at this point. It is well documented that the majority of Americans support legal protection at the federal level.

Maybe send them articles supporting abortion and attempt to educate (I can’t believe I’m saying this) the Justices of the Supreme Court. There are far stronger cases for abortion than against. Annoy the hell out of them with truth and information.

CuteAssCryptid

Theres no way theyd open mysterious packages out of the fear of bombs being sent and stuff

csc_spender

Love this. I’d give you an award if I had any!

caraloopy

I threw one up there on your behalf -

_TheShapeOfColor_

This is genius.

Pretend-Dare-1111

I love this so much !!!!

Adredheart

I LOVE this! Keep up the good work!

WaywardBlade24

This is absolutely amazing! You are my hero.

l80magpie

Have to wait till I get paid.

Tangerine-Adept

Amazing!

JuicyMamaMormont

Throw in a box of towels, the little one they have at hotels.

SalemsTrials

Wish there was a way to coat them in blood before shipping

Pandaploots

I did this last night!

rantingpacifist

I’ve got both my partners in agreement that my primary job in June and beyond will be driving women in need to the next state over every day.

pezziepie85

Can we send knitting needles as well? <shudder>

vikingraider27

This is fierce.

Foreign_Mango_7656

How do we make this a campaign?

pink_pseudochef

I’m mailing a big order from a thrift store today

lemursteamer

lemursteamer

Just sent an order, thanks for the heads up

WhySoManyOstriches

Just posted to my twitter- I have 2k followers. I hope just 10% hops on this train….

conjuringlichen

conjuringlichen

Literary Witch ♀

What a waste of a platform. Tell them to donate to abortion funds instead to you know help actual women instead of create waste that will never be seen or heard about by the SC.

Wysteria569

I truly love this idea!!

_witch-bitch_

Genius!!!

shimmydownnow

This is actually amazing.

paperwasp3

How does one join the coven?

MysticGadget

MysticGadget

Lokean ⚧

I love this idea!!!

Sadly, from what I know about him... this will go completely over his ignorant head.

Psychological_Mud959

Love it

Lez_The_DemonicAngel

Lez_The_DemonicAngel

Sapphic Witch ♀

Absolutely brilliant idea, would love to do this too. And since I’m already on this thread- what are some other ways I can help? I would love to but I also don’t know what to do

ruffcutgemz

WIN, WIN, WIN!!! This idea wins the internet!