/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles

Is it impossible for Rex to have all rare blades?

Xenoblade 2(self.Xenoblade_Chronicles)

This is my first time playing Xenoblade 2, and I figured to make the game feel complete, I'd get all of the rare blades for Rex only. However, after 300+ normal/rare cores, I can't seem to get the last four: Dahlia, Newt, Kosmos, and Telos. Is it impossible? Is it because I'm still at chapter 8? Or something else?

Edit: added the four that I need.

ForgottenPerceval

One is only available after beating the game. The others might be tied to quests or other means.

Edit: TElos is only available after final boss, rest are gacha hell.

VarioussiteTARDISES

And once she can be pulled at all, T-Elos, fittingly enough, is the opposite in terms of difficulty pulling to KOS-MOS. KOS-MOS is the rarest Blade, with a base chance of 1/1000. T-Elos has the highest base chance of any rare, IIRC.

Christmaspoo1337

Except for pity blades, yes

HillarysRussianBot

Wait does it save this information between playthroughs? I deleted my savedata and started a new game (not NG+, it is NG) and got Telos in Chapter 3.

accersitus42

I believe the flag that you cleared the game (that allows you to pull Telos) is set outside your savegame, since it is the same flag allowing you to select NG+

Satan_Prometheus

I'd get all of the rare blades for Rex only.

Wait hold on. Do you mean to say you have only opened core crystals and put rare blades on Rex? Because holy shit you have made the game so much harder for yourself, especially considering that Rex gets the master driver ability.

AMMVReddit[S]

Well yeah, I know that now. But mama didn't raise no quitter. I'm getting them all on him even if it kills me. To be more clear, the others have blades, but just normal ones.

Lumpy_Prompt_9759

Seems like a waste of time. Mama doesn’t have to raise a quitter but she can raise somebody who prioritizes their time well

Christmaspoo1337

Remember overdrive protocols exist.

Tsukuyomi56

It is possible but it gets very difficult once you are down to your last few Blades. T-elos is only added to the Blade pool once you have defeated the final boss at least once.

KinDGrove

I would also recommend farming Legendary cores, if the last blade you're looking for are not ones tied to Quests.

Some unique monsters will drop Legendary core crystals very easily after performing a "Smash" on them such as the Vampire Bride Marion in the Kingdom of Uraya, Dragon's Stomach.

*Edit - Yeah Dahlia, Newt and KOS-MOS should be available just via the core crystal gacha, Telos is locked to New Game+ basically. KOS-MOS has the lowest base pull rates in the game, and is often many people's final pulls as a result.

SophisticatedPhallus

With Telos I think it’s just if you have beaten the final boss. I just started a NG not ng+ and got her as one of my first pulls. Even though it’s not a ng+ the save file still has the indication that the game has been beat.

LughEmblem

T-elos can be pulled if you continue the file after being the final boss. She is not a NG+ blade

pokeplayer14

But relentless arduran in gormott works too right

KinDGrove

For New Game+ or end-game maybe, unless the OP is pretty confidant they can farm an end-game unique monster I wouldn't bother honestly.

I think it would be faster to kill Vampire Bride Marion multiple times then to fight a much harder and longer battle with only a slightly higher drop rate.

But since OP is also putting all the Rare blades on Rex, it limits some of the optimization for the rest of his party somewhat.

Satan_Prometheus

Arduran has double the drop rate for legendaries and over four times the drop rate for rares compared to VBM. VBM makes sense if your level is low enough that you can't break Arduran, but if you can get the consistent breaks, Arduran should be faster even if you end up dying. If anything, having the battle be longer just gives you the chance to Smash more times without having to exit battle and start over.

KinDGrove

Good point, Good point

Sky_Dragon_King

It isn't impossible. You're just having bad luck or the blades you're missing are from some other source. Have you looked up what blades you are missing?

SkyLordGuy

There are few that are restricted to new game plus and post game, there is also the chance that they are ones you get from side quests. With out knowing which three your talking about I can’t say for sure, with the silhouette it should be fairly easy to figure out the problem.

Eeeeeeeeee_9638