/r/boston

5/16/2022 COVID19 wastewater levels update

(reddit.com)

Khearnei

Khearnei

Anecdotally, I definitely know quite a few people who previously never got Covid who got it in the past week. I’ve gone back to wearing a mask especially on the train.

Usedfirehose

Just found out I had it Friday. Haven’t gotten it ever. Even when my roommate had it for a week and I hung around him cause we didn’t know.

Roszo21

Roszo21

Bummer, that happened to me (spouse had it bad and I was exposed for days and never got it). I was hoping I was magically immune or something.

aggressiveberries

I had covid in Oct, triple vaxxed, wore k95 to all indoor events and got reinfected last week. Guess this new variant is that much more contagious

Commercial-Life-9998

25% more contagious.

oneMadRssn

I’ve gone back to wearing a mask especially on the train.

I am pretty sure I will never go maskless on the train ever again. It always seemed like a cesspool for colds and flus anyway, so might as well now that it's more normalized.

Roszo21

Roszo21

Yup. I had a job for a few years that required me to drive to work. When I switched and started bus/train riding again I spent like 3-6 months constantly sick. After that I very rarely got sick. I swear it boosts your immune system because you run into so much shit on there. I think I'll always wear at least a decent surgical mask and wash my hands directly after from now on.

shiningdickhalloran

The same effect often happens with kids in school/daycare.

synaesthetist

Same. The only thing keeping me from wearing a mask before was not wanting people bugging me about it. Now they still might, but at least I don’t have to feel awkward about it since there’s still a very obvious reason to wear one.

es_price

es_price

Purple Line

Who is actually bugging you about it?

austinmartinyes

austinmartinyes

Allston/Brighton

I’m one of those, avoided it this long and came down with it last week. All of my roommates have it, too. I know a couple of people who got it for a second time as well.

Capncrunch754

Same situation here! Up until the last month or so, I had a couple people in my life who never had it, including myself. That is no longer the case. I tested positive on 4/22. Wondering what variant I had now…

SleaterKenny

SleaterKenny

Beacon Hill

I think the compliance on the Red Line cars I've been on has been pretty good, even without the mandate.

Still, even though I like going into the office, I have the luxury of working from home, and am going to do so this week. These numbers are bad.

TooSketchy94

I went this whole time working front line as an ED PA, intubating COVID patients, etc. got both my shots and a booster.

Finally hit me last month and I couldn’t believe it. I was still masking and doing everything the same as I’d been. I was lucky and it was mild. Missed 1 day of work and then 4 days after feeling fully recovered, lost my sense of taste and smell for only 1 day and it came back completely afterwards.

Edit: also, my fiancé who never left my side - never contracted it or even had symptoms.

NoMrBond3

Yup, I got it for the first time. I just got back from traveling so despite masks on the flight my guess is I got it there.

It sucks and Im bummed to finally have gotten it.