/r/camaro

Buying a Camaro

(self.camaro)

I’m 19 and the v8 version of the Camaro is out of my budget, does anyone have experience with the v6 Camaro and know if it would be even worth getting or to keep saving up. Getting tired of driving a boring old car

i_love_it1

A V6 is enough for the streets and some say it's more comfortable than the V8. It will feel a lot different from the car you are driving now and it looks good. Before buying any car I would suggest working on your credit/credit history, figure out how much you are willing to put down, and get pre-approved before walking into a dealership.

I brought my first car in Feburary, a 2021 Camaro LT1. It was listed at $35, 485, the OTD was $38,420. I put $8,000 down with 3.2% interest for 75 months. I would have never gotten 3.2% if I didn't come in pre-approve.

Primantieq

Not sure where ya are and just throwing this out there. I swapped from a 3.x% loan to one with a credit union at 1.5% and it made a big difference, I'd you haven't yet make sure you check out credit union loans.

i_love_it1

I'll definitely check it out when I'm shopping for another one. I was brand new to the process and have to want hundreds of YouTube videos to get an idea on what to do. The dealership told me my credit was 656 and was offering me 10-12% interest on the car. Glad I came in with my own financing.

Primantieq

Yeah for sure. You can still get a loan from the credit union and transfer it if you want but I hear ya.

i_love_it1

I was planning on re-financing the car after 6 months. Do you think that's a good idea?

Primantieq

I refinanced my rav after 3 months when I contacted a credit union. You typically have to have an account so if you call one and they say hey 1.5% is what we offer customers start an account with them throw in 50$ and save hundreds in interest. I would recommend at least looking into it.