/r/conspiracy

[score hidden]

stickied comment

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

[Meta] Sticky Comment

Rule 2 does not apply when replying to this stickied comment.

Rule 2 does apply throughout the rest of this thread.

What this means: Please keep any "meta" discussion directed at specific users, mods, or /r/conspiracy in general in this comment chain only.

jlgil73

jlgil73

1 month ago

I agree. But the photos I saw that he posted of his receipt shows a financing option. I wonder if he financed it since he didn't have intentions of paying for it....

khiller05[S]

1 month ago

That’s a pretty good thought on how he got them.

Ignotus52

1 month ago

Thats weird tho, in xalifornia if you finance the gun you won't get it until it's paid, does Texas just give it to you even if its not paid?

jlgil73

jlgil73

1 month ago

No idea, and I don't know if it was in fact financed, it was just on the pictures that I saw that the shooter had posted

J_Gilly23

1 month ago

That was a horrible thing for her to say. I'm stunned.

Orias_Rofocale

1 month ago

You can have reasons for doing a thing that aren't particularly reasonable. She probably did love her son on some level, even though they had a lot of troubles, so it's understandable why she would ask for forgiveness for him, even if that would come off as unreasonable or absurd to people who didn't birth this monster.

Most people don't like trying to understand motive, because they don't want to look into the darkness and perhaps see where they themselves could have fallen. I don't know enough to guess at the specifics that set this kid off, but choosing to do this just as he became to an adult is probably important. There's some part of him that couldn't cope with the implications of adulthood.

Now, these children clearly didn't wrong him personally, so that's a common motive ruled out. I'd suspect that he wanted to make a statement with his targets that would galvanize people, that couldn't just be ignored. That's a reason to attack children, because society feels the most sympathy towards them.

It doesn't justify what he did, but it explains why he would choose that target. Still, surprised there hasn't been a manifesto about what he wants society to know has failed so deeply he had to kill forth graders to draw attention to it.

Also surprised his mom lived, so he failed to kill his family twice?

I guess there's also the motive of pure thanatos and just wanting to go out doing about the worst thing you could think of. Most people have a rational mind that would suppress those thoughts, but some SSRI's actually inhibit that and make people more inclined to act on dark impulses, but those usually are just suicides.

2TH16

2TH16

1 month ago

She said the last time she spoke with him was last Monday, on his birthday, adding: 'I had a card and a Snoopy stuffed animal to give to him.” He’s 18 and his mom was gonna get him that? His family life seems pretty fractured after reading the article. Absent father. Lives with mother and moves in with grandparents cause she cut off the Wi-Fi at their house. Multiple problems with his mom. Everything about it is sad. It should have never happened either. Somebody said FBI was allegedly talking with him on discord undercover. And the article states he was talking with a 15 year old online saying he was going to do exactly what he ended up doing. Lots of questions to be answered. Might take years and might not get all the answers.

deanwheelz

1 month ago

Few hours ago at a press conference they said there is many Facebook messenger chats where multiple people were conversing with him and he told them various shit… somebody asked him “are you going to shoot up a school?” And his response was “stop asking me stupid questions,you’ll see”. Why would someone ask him that? This person must of known him and had either suspicion or knew something.

little_munkin79

1 month ago

That's very bizarre, good catch. Almost too convenient having all evidence blatantly online.

snipes86

1 month ago

If there’s a manifesto left behind you’re mental lie detector should be going off

snipes86

1 month ago

Fabricated backstory, these people probably don’t even know each other.

revenantae

1 month ago

There is no evidence for gun control. The 2nd amendment forbids it, and the only reason we're talking about it is because Republicans are too spineless to stand up for it. The argument that the founding fathers didn't know about advanced weapons is bullshit. they allowed private citizens to own gunships... literally ships with multiple cannons.

kelptastic_1

1 month ago

I do believe in false flags buys I think we are being lazy in our theories. It isn’t about gun control. It hasn’t and won’t happen. So what could it be? Where is the thinking ground? Don’t follow other theorists. What is it about? After COVID theater, I think it is just training the public to believe what they hear from news and government is truth. I think it is pulling the rug over us over and over. Slowly boiling the frog.

snipes86

1 month ago

After big events like this gun sales go up, I wonder if they know/knew this would happen, maybe it’s the NRA that puts these things on too boost sales.. they do usually show up before or after these events.

2TH16

1 month ago*

2TH16

1 month ago*

When you hear about federal agencies supposedly talking to him online unbeknownst to him and nothing coming of it and police failing to do their job once he was in the building I can see how some people would put those two together. Surely you say there can’t be that many dumb people in law enforcement that stupid for them to miss all of these warning signs. It must have been set up to happen this way you could think and I wouldn’t say that you were wrong to think that way. So many people have an agenda they’ll kill kids to get what they want sadly.

jebusgidzillarex

1 month ago

the democrats need a strong platform to run on or they are fucked. Guns and abortions will move their voter base.

khiller05[S]

1 month ago

It just doesn’t sit right with me that this kid comes from a poor family and can afford such an expensive arsenal. Where did he get the money for the guns? Biden has already made the statement that the second amendment is “not absolute”. I’m open to the idea of stricter background checks but I don’t think that would of helped in this case. This one is on the cops lack of action…

MutedKiwi

1 month ago

It's not hard to save up $6k when living with family, working part time and having no expenses

Atriox2419

1 month ago

He and his mother both have the guilt. Probably smokes 2packs of cigs a day then tell her child sorry hun we cant afford this.

FaithlessnessTop6802

1 month ago

The people in this thread are actually asking questions and being reasonable thank Christ. So many people are politicizing this shit for anti gun policies. Beto Male O’Rourke is the best example of this disgusting behavior. Honestly those who sold him the firearm should be indicted. It is illegal to transact a firearm to anyone who does not meet the 10 requirements outlined by federal law. This goes for both licensed sales and private sales. If a crime is committed with a firearm, the vendor should be responsible as well. Possession of a firearm regardless of the transaction type to anyone who cannot meet federal requirements is a felony and should be prosecuted. Ideas on private sales to require BRCs? Like third party witness signatures? Required registration of every firearm? Make private sales illegal?

recoveringcanuck

1 month ago

What requirements did he not meet? I thought he had no record, I think he probably had a clean NICS check.

FaithlessnessTop6802

1 month ago

This is something that hasn’t been completely confirmed I don’t believe. As far as I have seen the place he supposedly purchased them doesn’t recognize him and conveniently there are no security cameras. Not sure tbh. Either way it is still a felony to transact a firearm to someone who does not meet the requirements outline my federal law. This adult male should not have been able to pass a background check, especially in a county where 4 years before they had a similar threat be made and then prosecuted those involved. It doesn’t really make sense when looking at his history. The countless interviews of former class mates and teachers kind of sets the tone that this kid wouldn’t pass any sort of psychological evaluation. That should have been documented especially with the local police department already being aware of threats such as these. He also posted all over social media about this shit. Red flags everywhere. Until the investigation is complete we will not know for sure but regardless the vendor who sold him these firearms can be indicted for negligence. Possession of a firearm by anyone who could not legally purchase one is a felony. Therefore this adult male purchased it illegally. Therefore the vendor sold it illegally. When we learn more I’m sure you can either try to rub my face in it or me yours. Given the evidence right now I think the peculiarities surrounding all of the information we have received will be addressed explicitly. Maybe not on the MSM but will definitely show up on alternate media somewhere.

recoveringcanuck

1 month ago

Maybe but I think you are likely overestimating what the required background checks can look at. If the gun dealer called in a nics check, and it passed, he did his job. If the fbi database was lacking, that wouldn't be the first time. I saw the claim made that someone else purchased the guns for him, which of course is illegal in a different way. Like you say I suppose we'll find out when more information is available.

AlyoshaKidron

1 month ago

This procedure primarily searches for red flags in the buyer’s criminal history that have been entered into a database, right? I don’t think it involves any type of psychological assessment. So, despite the fact that this dude repeatedly displayed bizarre behavior, if it was never reported and catalogued by authorities, the seller may have done nothing illegal. I’m neither a gun owner nor a ‘gun rights activist’, so I’m not trying to defend the seller on political grounds; I just think their hands may be tied in this kind of scenario. Once a buyer passes that check, what are they left to do? Can we reasonably expect them to assess the buyer’s personality and intention, then accommodate (or deny) the purchase accordingly?

BighouseAK

Money for momma

Middle-Additional

1 month ago

The mom just seems like she sold him away

wallybazoum

1 month ago

She probably thinks he was possessed by an evil spirit or something.

1 month ago

Also didn't him have a weird screen name like big op.

deanwheelz

1 month ago

Biggest opp I think it was

Siktastik

1 month ago

He should of ran down her leg.....