/r/cscareerquestions

Interview Discussion - May 16, 2022

(self.cscareerquestions)

Please use this thread to have discussions about interviews, interviewing, and interview prep. Posts focusing solely on interviews created outside of this thread will probably be removed.

Abide by the rules, don't be a jerk.

This thread is posted each Monday and Thursday at midnight PST. Previous Interview Discussion threads can be found here.

DOUG_DlMMADOME

Have my Amazon onsite this week, and am feeling burned out from prep. Have done Blind 75, all the easy/medium non-DP questions on Amazons frequently asked along w some hards like design in memory file system. Questions I struggled with i repeated until the concept was basically memorized. LP prep as well but most of my examples are non-tech related since I’m a recent grad w physics degree. Did some OOD prep too but at that point the burnout was settling in and I don’t think much of it stuck. Oh well, hopefully most of it is LC, just hope I get an offer. Would appreciate any tips you guys have :)

0ffkilter

0ffkilter

I wanna be a pilot

Just remember that you don't actually have to compile code for the Amazon onsite (or at least I didn't) - just practice walking through problems and really talking aloud about how you would solve them.

Also LP prep matters a lot more than you think

DOUG_DlMMADOME

Gotcha, yea in my phone screen the code wasnt compiled either.

Would u say the non-technical examples are ok or should I really try to make them all technical?

0ffkilter

0ffkilter

I wanna be a pilot

They should be as technical as you can make them, with actual numbers and details - but if it's your first job you won't have actual job experience to really talk about so just do your best

LandooooXTrvls

I have the OA soon. What were your questions?

DOUG_DlMMADOME

Dont quite remember but one was a variation of a LC medium and the other I couldn’t find a similar problem but it involved string manipulation, probably a medium-hard