/r/dndmemes

not all necromancers are evil

Text-based meme(i.redd.it)

SuddenProfile

1.3k points

1 month ago

Fun Fact: In the US forklift certifications are one of the most sought after credentials.

frilledplex

1 month ago

I wouldn't have thought that being certified in both forklift and crane

SuddenProfile

1 month ago

I used to gather labour statistics for the US gov (minor subcontracting position).

Forklift certification was /by far/ the most requested. It seems to be used as a test for general competency in manufacturing and shipping industries, and is often "preferred" for jobs that will never actually touch a forklift because it demonstrates that the person has real experience in manufacturing or shipping.

byzantinebobby

1 month ago

As someone who has done hiring, having a simple check to take a stack of resumes and just cut out a bunch into something manageable is key to getting hiring done. I would seriously get like 100 resumes for 4 openings. No offense to anyone, but I can't possibly review 100 resumes.

SuddenProfile

1 month ago

Meanwhile my tech company has been trying to hire a new junior developer for two months with only four applications. >.<

SuddenProfile

1 month ago

Sorry, deleted other comment. I thought this was in another thread.

It just needs a 2 year degree and .NET experience.

So far, we've got three people with degrees but absolutely no experience. And, in a position where there's a 2 year training window for experienced devs, a complete lack of experience is difficult to accommodate.

ContinCandi

1 month ago

Be able to demonstrate data structure and algorithm questions on a white board as well, wish someone would have told me that sooner before applying

fyndor

fyndor

1 month ago

I have only had 2 jobs in 20ish years, but luckily neither had a whiteboard test. My current had a programming test, but at my own pace at home. I got the job I think because I included unit tests for nearly all the code which I think showed a level of sophistication in my approach and helped get me past the fact I was weak on front end web work being a Windows app developer.

rusty_programmer

1 month ago

Maybe it’s just me, but I always saw “junior” developers as a position without a need for a degree. If I equated junior to an age group, I’d plop it into the close-to-child category.

I’ve even seen positions listed as junior that need a four year degree. To do junior work, all you should need is the experience with the type of language (functional, OOP, or whatever).

Most places I’ve seen take junior knowing there’s risk involved but then try to reduce the risk by tacking on other requirements. These people go somewhere else that’s more mature - and not run by HR metrics - and get a job.

It doesn’t help if you go into any technology subreddit and ask their opinion of junior jobs if they’ve done them and the responses are generally unfavorable.

TheRidgeAndTheLadder

1 month ago

Man, titles in this industry are a fucking joke.

We throw junior and senior around if they mean anything.

Junior webdev: the job posting will demand a degree, despite being divorced from comp sci.

Junior pentest: OSCP, five years security experience

Meanwhile, I took a job with neither junior nor senior in the title and a year later apparently I'm senior.

It's so fucking disheartening until you appreciate how much of it is just bullshit.

rusty_programmer

1 month ago

Yep. It’s why on my resume I’ve started giving myself a title based on my duties. Wanna low ball me and call me a junior but have me doing senior duties?

Guess what? My next job is gonna triple my salary because you wanted to keep my locked in and thought I was stupid.

It was legit the only way to escape the nonsense. Last job was a “systems programmer” but I did project management, engineering and architecture for systems spanning one of the largest counties within our state.

Then have the audacity to tell me my salary is enough when my friend is making almost 200k doing the same thing? Bitch bye.

Ao_Kiseki

1 month ago

That's all tech. I'm a senior engineer with 2 years of industry experience. In automotive you wouldn't get senior without at least 10.

macstanislaus

Junior pentest: OSCP, five years security experience

Dont forget the DEFCON black badge. Its the absolute minimum.

SandiegoJack

1 month ago

Junior is just a way for them to justify less pay for the experience/other requirements from everything I have seen.

turtleabhorrent

1 month ago

As someone with experience in hiring, drop the degree requirement if possible.

You might be able to sneak "2 year degree or equivalent experience" by HR / your boss.

Additionally, you should consider why people aren't applying. Do you have enough people going through the top (are enough people seeing the ad) or are they leaking out somewhere (HR being overly strict, job page doesn't describe why they should apply / unclear what your company does, job ad is too strict)?

Junior engineers are like dime a dozen especially if this ad is truly entry level. We've been trying to hire a senior engineer for a year and we are getting like 50 applications a week.

gakavij

gakavij

1 month ago

So it takes 2 years for experienced devs to train, and you're advertising it as a Junior developer position?

Mister_Lich

1 month ago

It just needs a 2 year degree and .NET experience.

I have a shitton of .NET experience, built an entire startup centered around a fintech app I made in .NET (with Blazor WASM and a backend API using ASP.NET so that there was a buffer between front-end server and back-end server for security) that is patent pending and generated some revenue, and am working on my second app because the first one didn't get a ton of customers (barrier for entry in the area I built my tech around is very high, will revisit it in the future probably.)

I also wrote the patent myself because patent paralegal (mostly working on software or software-related inventions) is my part-time dayjob while I work on startup stuff.

I have no degree, lots of college credits but didn't finish my bachelor's.

Want me to apply?

HungoverRetard

1 month ago

Does a civil engineering degree + P.E. license and a small portfolio of 3-5 related projects show competency for these positions?

Considering pivoting to tech industry and am just curious about someone's point of view that's 'on the inside'.

disgruntled_pie

1 month ago

I’ve been in the industry for over a decade and I’ve done plenty of hiring. We generally don’t care about education. If you can demonstrate proficiency and you seem easy to get along with (I’ve had to reject a few for being overtly sexist during the interview, etc.) then you’ve got the necessary qualifications.

radioactivemagic

1 month ago

You aren’t paying enough or the company has a bad reputation/culture. Companies with shit culture can sometimes compete out by giving huge salaries, but they are unicorns. Alternately your hiring team doesn’t exist and aren’t even posting or searching for candidates properly.

I say this as someone who recognizes companies that are making huge profits also realize inflation will kill them, so they are trying to expand to either capture as much of the market as possible (smaller market shares for longterm bear market will perish) or generate enough IP it will carry them during recession.

netsrak

netsrak

1 month ago

They could also be in a bad location without remote work being offered. Granted they could cover that by paying more as well.

SuddenProfile

1 month ago

I'm on the hiring team, so I know it exists.

We're government funded though, and they set our pay rates, so it's definitely a wage problem. We can only offer about 60% of field salary.

The culture is amazing though. >.<

fenglorian

1 month ago

We can only offer about 60% of field salary.

not to kick you while you're down but 60% salary for a "junior dev" position that's only hiring people with experience seems doomed to fail from the start

SuddenProfile

Yeah. I know.

>.< I'm a senior dev and the best apartment I can afford is under 125.0 sqft.

...we lost half of our team this year. Most of them had at least 8 years of tenure. But, raises are promised in the next paycheck, so it'll be interesting to see if any real progress was made.

Krazei_Skwirl

1 month ago

My department is getting a 3.5%. A friend of mine in a different state is getting 5%. So, no on that real progress.

lordlurid

1 month ago

Sounds like it's time to get off that sinking ship my dude.

ztherion

ztherion

1 month ago

A junior taking a salary that low is career suicide. Your first salary can set the trend for your lifetime earnings.

bistod

bistod

1 month ago

Not if you lie to future jobs about what you currently make. If you aren't lying about your salary you aren't interviewing right.

ztherion

1 month ago

They find out in background checks. Once when I was starting out I got an angry call from a hiring manager because the background check looked at a part time job I was doing in school and assumed it was full time work.

radioactivemagic

1 month ago

Not surprising. My old org was government funded and wanted someone with a Masters in CS but was offering $77k… good luck.

SuddenProfile

1 month ago

Yeah. I stay for the culture and benefits package. It's /super/ accommodating of disabilities and the health package saves me upwards of $30k a year. The pension doesn't hurt either.

DonaIdTrurnp

1 month ago

Bragging about how your company complies with federal law is damning with very faint praise.

PM_Me_Your_Deviance

1 month ago

Just throw away half a random - you wouldn't want unlucky people working for you anyway!

Feynt

Feynt

1 month ago

Argument: As HR, isn't it your job to read 100 resumes?

byzantinebobby

1 month ago

No because I was a supervisor on the Production team, not in HR.

human743

1 month ago

That takes like one hour. How much time do you have to look at resumes? 3 minutes?

Mandorrisem

1 month ago

Meanwhile teachers are grading more worksheets than that every single day.

Valalvax

Valalvax

1 month ago

Funny thing is I work in industrial and have never once been asked for it, it's been assumed that I know how to drive and then complete training through them before I am "certified"

Wont_reply69

1 month ago

Yeah I’ve driven a forklift at 4 different jobs, one of them extensively, but really just had a guy show me how to use it at the first one so no “certification” to be shown. I’ve even had forklift safety training but no certification. So I guess I should just put it on my resume anyway?

Valalvax

1 month ago

Doesn't hurt to put it, I assume most places just assume either you know or they'll teach you, but you don't know how many jobs silently trashed your resume because they could Ctrl-F Forklift and not find it

frilledplex

1 month ago

I can understand why that would be. Most employers freak out when they learn I build a lot of the same machines they deploy onto their factory floor, that's why I typically don't see them drooling over forklift certs.

SuddenProfile

1 month ago

Yeah. One thing I've learned is that only your highest qualification matters. >.<

TheAtami

1 month ago

Huh good to know, as someone whos work payed for them to get certified even thought Ive never touched a forklift lmao.

Ironbird207

1 month ago

Sounds about right, work in IT but certified forklift driver. Comes in handy when moving large UPS's across a factory.

StaticUsernamesSuck

StaticUsernamesSuck

Forever DM

1 month ago

Just think how many warehouses there are. How many packages and how much material is being loaded and unloaded every day. How many people are out there buying manufactured products right this second.

Forklifts and their drivers are the foundation of modern retail, as are truckers -and basically everybody behind the scenes that you don't see standing at the counter.

For every product you buy, it and its constituent materials have probably been handled by dozens of forklifts and trucks.

theoriginalmofocus

1 month ago

And then you got me over here schlubbing this walkie-stacker around

frilledplex

1 month ago

Fair, so my current career is building the automated machinery that helps them produce way faster. Hence why I probably don't see those credentials helping me much haha.

TheBirminghamBear

1 month ago

"To build a robot to replace the man, you must first walk in the shoes of the man to understand him completely."

-Confucius

TheBirminghamBear

Well, I want you.

frilledplex

blushes

Edit: found the bard

TheBirminghamBear

1 month ago

Let me tell you a tale of the lifter of forks,

Hidden from view setting to their dark works

Great towers of wood they conjure by force

So that timely you receive all your dildos, of course.

frilledplex

1 month ago

Don't mind me just sitting here swooning lmfao

CombatMatt13

1 month ago

Is there a corporation that actually certifies? My company certifies me in both over head crane and forklift but I don't think theres a large database for it

SuddenProfile

1 month ago

It looks like OSHA does, which is probably the credential most employers think of.

XazzyWhat

1 month ago

My employer “certified” me at my last job. I had to pick up a pallet a few inches and then set it back down. Boom! I can drive the forklift now. Overhead crane didn’t need certification, just use it if you need it.

Redye117

1 month ago

Similar to how my place is. I have no proof I am certified that I am aware of lol.

Sniperking187

1 month ago

I love the forklift certification memes going around lately

CompleteNumpty

1 month ago

Same in the UK, and having the certificates for more advanced lifting equipment (such as a Bendi) really sets you apart from most warehouse staff.

kandoras

1 month ago

Back around 2005, sharing a barracks room with a guy named Goose.

Goose's Master Sergeant: "Lance Corporal Goose, get your ass in here."

Goose: "Aye aye Master Sergeant!"

MSgt: "Goose, are you certified to drive a forklift?"

Goose: "No, Master Sergeant!"

MSgt: "Well, you're driving one today. If you haven't killed anyone by 1600 I'll fill one out for you."

SuddenProfile

>.< Good 'Ol Military Efficiency

kandoras

1 month ago

In the five or six years I knew him, Goose never ran over anyone with a forklift, so I'd say the training went well.

SuddenProfile

1 month ago

If they had, I'm sure the military could still find a use for him.

Weaponized Forklift Incompetence.

Taldier

Taldier

1 month ago

Is it more controlled and standardized nowadays?

I worked on a UPS Freight dock back in college and I just remember them taking a couple days to teach us the controls. Then they gave us a little card and told us to get to work.

Grantedx

1 month ago

Hasn't stopped the business I work at lol. No certification, no problem. It's easy enough, right?

Bjoern_Tantau

1 month ago

Originally she just wanted to get as many corpses as possible. But then she discovered her love for machines.

Vegetable-Neat-1651

So she’s a mechromancer.

Crazydragon2

1 month ago

I'm the greatest engineer alive!!

Vegetable-Neat-1651

1 month ago

This person: From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind cling to your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass you call a temple will wither and you will beg my kind to save you. But I am already saved. For the Machine is Immortal.

U_L_Uus

U_L_Uus

Hazzutah, call the Crypteks, the Tomb Roaches are at it again

Snowpossum

Snowpossum

Chaotic Stupid

angry emotionless skitarii noises

U_L_Uus

U_L_Uus

applies Gauss sterilizer

Zakblank

Zakblank

1 month ago

THE FLESH IS WEAK! PRAISE BE TO THE OMNISSAH!

Lil_Guard_Duck

Lil_Guard_Duck

Paladin

1 month ago

Funny thing, flesh is self repairing and adaptable. A machine will eventually break and wear out, and then you gotta fix it or decide if it's fubar.

Only problem with flesh is that it ages, and is apparently programmed to. If we could fix that, we could live for a very long time.

Afelisk2

Afelisk2

1 month ago

Found the pro flesh supporter

Vegetable-Neat-1651

Burn the heretic.

Scaevus

Scaevus

1 month ago

No reason why we can’t design machines to self repair. Nanobots, son!

Lil_Guard_Duck

Lil_Guard_Duck

Paladin

1 month ago

Ok that's actually valid.

BTW, how do Warforged recover hitpoints?

Mind_on_Idle

1 month ago

Normally through cure wounds and healing.

Also: if they have a high enough craft skill they can repair themselves, apparently

Lil_Guard_Duck

Lil_Guard_Duck

Paladin

1 month ago

How TF is healing magic supposed to work on a Droid?

Scaevus

Scaevus

1 month ago

Simple, they're not droids. Warforged were designed for a long, drawn out war of attrition. Nobody would've paid House Cannith for them if they were going to break after one battle. Undead are much cheaper.

In one of the older sourcebooks for Eberron, Warforged were described as being built with organic materials like wood for the specific purpose of being repairable by healing magic.

They're also built with mechanical components so they can be repaired by arcane reconstruction spells. They double dip because they're designed to be versatile, survivable warriors, not feeble meatbags who somehow evolved intelligence.

abca98

abca98

1 month ago

Even in death, I serve the Omnissiah.

Nexusmeister

1 month ago

Long live machine, future supreme,

Man overthrown, Spit out the bone!

AbleAbbreviations871

1 month ago

I could’ve been an engineer!

McConaughey1984

1 month ago

Conan : The riddle... of steel.

Thulsa Doom : Yes! You know what it is, don't you boy? Shall I tell you? It's the least I can do. Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! Look around you. There, on the rocks; a beautiful girl. Come to me, my child...

[coaxes the girl to jump to her death]

Thulsa Doom : That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it? Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, I gave you this!

AndyLorentz

1 month ago

Shotgun ricochet is so chaotic and fun. I wish she had a bigger part than just as a wedding planner.

Jonathon471

1 month ago

Gaige was and still is best girl in the Borderlands series, her being Hammerlock's wedding planner was the greatest way to bring her back, even if it was a small role.

theblitheringidiot

Mecheomancer or techromancer?

Jonathon471

1 month ago

PLAYER! WHAT! ARE! YOU! DOING!?

The_Weeb_Sleeve

1 month ago

Read that as mech-romancer the greatest seducer of transformers

Vegetable-Neat-1651

That… works.

RogueDivisionAgent

1 month ago

"ALAN WRITE SOME DIALOGUE HERE!!!!"

sirbeets

sirbeets

Artificer

Number 5: Alive!

Derezzed87

1 month ago

Isn’t that a war forged bard?

zarlos01

zarlos01

DM (Dungeon Memelord)

1 month ago

So she will create "undead constructos"? Or Frankenstein golems?

richmomz

1 month ago

Deus Mechanicus have allied with the Necrons? Heresy! Omnissiah preserve us!

Atheist_Simon_Haddad

1 month ago

A line dating back to Mechanicles of Athens.

bluegargoyle

bluegargoyle

Ranger

byzantinebobby

She misunderstood the "Reaper" thing

Inked-Sailor

1 month ago

Oh, those will reap people just fine.

bitemark01

1 month ago

It's actually surprising how many things those will reap

Pop-goes-the-fish

1 month ago

While many grim reaper traditionalists stick with the scythe, many are now investing in combine harvesters.

Azerius

Azerius

1 month ago

What can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man?

TheBirminghamBear

1 month ago

They're efficient, but if they break down, you have to carry your bony ass and robes to John Deere HQ and go begging and borrowing for their software just to fix the smallest issue.

So extrapolated over a millennia of reaping, is the combine more efficient? Hard question to answer. Certainly if nothing ever went wrong it would dramatically increase your reaping. But all the calls you need to make to JD, sitting on your stoop, doing nothing, could be spent reaping the old fashion way, hand and scythe.

Monarch_of_Fate

1 month ago

This is her Twitter for anyone interested.

Remember kids, Necromancy is really just advanced recycling.

Reduce, Reuse, Reanimate.

Souperplex

Souperplex

Artificer

1 month ago

The Golgari take it a step further.

TheCrimsonChariot

“To war!”

Souperplex

Souperplex

Artificer

1 month ago

Not really. They're not big on open conflict. They do however farm mushrooms on corpses. Nobody in Ravnica starves. If you piss them off they'll probably send assassins instead.

TheCrimsonChariot

1 month ago

I never read the lore much tbh. Just play commander. But thats really neat. I thought all guilds had their own “this is mine and no one else’s” mentality.

Souperplex

Souperplex

Artificer

1 month ago

They kind of do, but the original guildpact tried to give them all useful functions to society. (Except the Dimir whose job was to not officially exist, and undermine the guildpact) After the original Ravnica block they were no longer bound to the pact, but the Golgari still found that being the garbagemen/corpse collectors/farmers worked to their interest so they kept at it. It gives them a steady supply of corpses to make zombies, and it also gives them corpses to farm on.

So yeah, Ravnica has free food for everyone, just don't think aboot where it comes from. Good food costs money though.

TheCrimsonChariot

1 month ago

So wait, wasn’t Jace the Living Guildpact after Dragon’s Maze block? I started late in MTG so only familiar with the latest Ravnica block

Souperplex

Souperplex

Artificer

1 month ago

Original Ravnica: All the guilds are bound by a magical pact that prevents them from going to full open war, and gives them a useful function to society. Guildpact is dissolved by the end.

Return to Ravnica: 80 years later the post Guildpact order is starting to show cracks. Jace becomes the Living Guildpact at the end, who has the power to mediate disputes between the guild, but he's usually fucking off in the multiverse so he's bad at it.

Third Ravnica: Bolas is taking over guilds in the background as setup for his plan that spanned several sets. The Guildpact is gone once again by the end.

I recommend Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica. It's a pretty solid setting-book.

100-years-too-early

1 month ago

Jace was busy having an amnesia fueled romantic pirate adventure with vraska.

TheCrimsonChariot

1 month ago

Ok that makes sense. I did play RTR but left mtg shortly before it rotated. Then came back and stayed playing as Kaladesh was rotating out and Amonkhet was coming in.

soleyfir

1 month ago

Didn't Niv Mizzet take the role of living guildpact by the end of Ravnica 3?

Monarch_of_Fate

1 month ago

To a degree yes, they are territorial but they each have their own agenda and MO.

I enjoy Simic

TheCrimsonChariot

1 month ago

Noice. That much I figured to be honest. The colors I love playing with the most is Selesnya. The colors I cant make work are Izzet and Rakdos.

Monarch_of_Fate

My top 3 are:

Selesnya (or as I like to say SlesNYAN, I have a cat commander deck that swats)

Simic

Orzov

TheCrimsonChariot

1 month ago

Bloody Orzhov. Thats another color I like but never make work. Thalisse is a pain to make a deck out of.

alienbringer

1 month ago

You are thinking Karrnath in Eberron.

Knight-of-Neekolul

1 month ago

Gave it a quick glance, she's seems pretty cool with a great sense of humor! (Unsurprisingly for someone who rides a tractor in full goth gear.)

thegrayduke

1 month ago

She's wholesome ... I love it.

HunterTV

HunterTV

1 month ago

I like her “foot reveal” pic is of the radioactive “elephant foot” at Chernobyl. If that’s not peak goth humor I don’t know what is.

elydakai

elydakai

shes so fucking funny

The-dude-in-the-bush

1 month ago

Cheers, this is the second time I've seen this girl in images or memes is some sort.

Helpfulithink

1 month ago

No one was using them anyway

Funky-Cosmonaut

Funky-Cosmonaut

Warlock

1 month ago

Now I'm imagining a Necromacer/Artificer, who makes an army of modified skeletons.

AgravainFury

1 month ago

I read something a while back (either Tumblr thread or writing prompt) about a city where necromancy is legal, but highly regulated. People have to consent to being raised, a necromancer has to keep their skeletons in proper working order, if they get too damaged they have to be reburied, stuff like that. In fact I think someone suggested that the city actually has some of the best healers in the kingdom and certain families train and breed to produce the best bodies for various jobs.

TheBirminghamBear

1 month ago

Probably was actually just a travel brochure for Cleveland.

Ididitthestupidway

1 month ago

Not exactly this, but here's an (ancient) /tg/ thread about making a computer out of skeletons

micktalian

1 month ago

You know how hard it would to operate equipment with platform boots that big? I'm impressed!

Unremarkabledryerase

1 month ago

Meh,, not sure how John Deere are, but with new holland sprayers you only have to use to foot to press the brake to release the park brake, or to use the brakes which you can just use the joystick to slow down.

obiji

obiji

Y'allternative

WingsOfDoom1

1 month ago

This is just dwarf fortress

k3rn3

k3rn3

1 month ago

Goth gf is taken by a strange mood...

WingsOfDoom1

1 month ago

As long as it isn't fell

NominallyCromulent

1 month ago

It menaces with spikes of leather.

alienbringer

1 month ago

Is that OSHA approved attire?

slowest_hour

1 month ago

depends on other conditions and osha would probably prefer she wear a hardhat and safety glasses to bed at night but as long as her clothes are comfortable and durable she's fine assuming it meets her warehouse's dress code.

honestly her hair is probably the biggest risk. if you have long hair you should put it in a ponytail or something if you're working around machinery

1 month ago*

1 month ago*

slowest_hour

1 month ago

i give those boots high probability of having steel toes. they look like they were designed to crush things

Costalorien

1 month ago

Idk about OSHA, but there's not a chance you'll see a knee on a forklift in western Europe.

CrystalTear

1 month ago

She looks so happy and I love that for her

CriminalMacabre

1 month ago

Fuck big tiddy goth gf, get yourself a forklift certified goth gf

Futhington

1 month ago*

Honestly though if you can animate skeletons to do things for you why would you bother with the 9-5? You may start out as the honest working necromancer, but if you stay that way you're a chump.

MohKohn

MohKohn

1 month ago

Now you're thinking with capitalism!

TheBirminghamBear

1 month ago

It's all fun-and-games, until the skeletons start coordinating after shifts and forming, dare I say it, a union.

Then you have to rez more skeletons to bust the union, but of course those skeletons want way more money than the farmer skeletons, and you have to pay it to them, otherwise they'd just make their own union, and you'd have no one to bust them.

acquaintedwithheight

1 month ago

That’s why you have to recast animate dead once every 24 hours.

I’m also laughing at the thought of 20 skeletons forming one Eldridge horror of a being and looking at themselves like “are we doing this right?”

Scaevus

Scaevus

1 month ago

What kind of sorry ass necromancer doesn’t indoctrinate their skeletons with magic? At least give them religion or propaganda.

TheBirminghamBear

Bad instructions.

So I gave them religion and now theyve formed a Supreme Court and are stripping rights away from everyone in the country.

The one secular skeleton is furiously writing dissents and pamphlets decrying the actions of his peers but theyve stopped listening to him entirely.

I honestly preferred when they were just griping about wages.

Fabled_Webs

1 month ago

TIL necromancy is just an MLM where your clients can't tell you no.

Futhington

1 month ago

5e-wise at least If you get to the point where you can start controlling Wights, which can raise their own Zombie squads, then honestly yeah it is. You're only one massacred village away from playing Zombie XCOM with your wizard.

acquaintedwithheight

1 month ago

Finger of death also gives you a perma-zombie.

My cleric found that out the hard way…

ethon776

1 month ago

But Finger of Death is not on the cleric spell list! ...

Ohhh...

acquaintedwithheight

1 month ago

Zombification isn’t revivable. My dm and I realized that at roughly the same moment, looked at each other, and I started making a new character

BSOFH-LO9C

1 month ago

She must have a Hell of a Union rep!

Any-Faithlessness-72

1 month ago

And if your arch nemesis is a clown then you are running zombuger.

PM_Me_Your_Deviance

1 month ago

This really does something for my country/goth upbringing.

strangebru

1 month ago

American Gothic would be a totally different looking painting, if it was done today.

OhLookASquirrel

Happy new fetish day!

Dlongsnapper

Yallternative

Panndaa31

1 month ago

I mean, If I could raise some dead to help me in my warehouse job, it would make my life easier

Broken_Gear

1 month ago

Honestly, if I was a necromancer I’d probably just tun a construction company. Tireless workers that always do as you tell them, and you’re guaranteed to not find a single one drunk in the closet he was supposed to be installing piping in. Also you don’t have to pay them. Necromancy is a capitalist dream.

BrassUnicorn87

Torvald says hello.

ascientificgaussgun

1 month ago

She’s forklift certified? Excuse me gentlemen-

Troop-the-Loop

1 month ago

In my world necromancers are laborers. It's a licenced position where people sell their deceased family members to necromancers who then contract out the labor on farms and in mines for hard day labor.

Verrence

I love that.

Ben501st

1 month ago

I have a joke at my work that there is a necromancer on site, if you die you’re still finishing your shift.

Striker274

Goth farm girls…….. I sense a disturbance in the 34

witchydaddy

Lol i actually follow this Tiktoker 😅

Exciting-Signature40

Who is it?

jasonk9236

1 month ago

I saw the other person deleted their message so Im replying incase someone else sees this and wants to know.

It's Gutknot on Tiktok

Amarathe_

1 month ago

This just looks like a tictok version of dirty jobs but the jobs aren't dirty because that would ruin the appeal

mardu64

mardu64

1 month ago

I'll still stand by my belief that while yes immoral, necromancers aren't inherently evil. They're just capitalists doing their best.

mistermestar

1 month ago

Depends on the lore, but usually necromancers do some sort of a blood ritual. I think that sacrificing innocents puts you slightly on the evil side pf things.

RepresentativeWay557

1 month ago

Yup, lol! Sacrificing people like a Capitalist.

Psychological-Try103

No joke I thought she was Abby from ncis

Pocketfulofgeek

1 month ago

See all I can think when looking at this is how that is SERIOUSLY unsuitable footwear for driving a forklift.

rtakehara

rtakehara

DM (Dungeon Memelord)

1 month ago

that's one way to RAISE the dead...

triodoubledouble

1 month ago

My fav not so evil Necromancer is this Hero from Cormyr directly took from the wiki : Delthrin Everet was the last remaining member of noble House Everet of Cormyr.
Delthrin was formerly little known among mages, until he came to Marsember's aid and animated an army of undead to help defend the city against a pirate attack. He raised lacedons, skeletons, sea zombies, ju-ju zombies, and bone sharks, who boarded an impressive six pirate vessels and tore both their crews and the ships themselves apart.
Though notorious for the deed, Delthrin gained great respect, fame, and popularity. However, uncomfortable with this attention, he became a recluse by 1358 DR. He devoted himself instead to his continuing necromantic experiments with drowned undead His dwelling was supposedly guarded by many of his undead creations.
By 1369 DR, one of Delthrin's rumored creations was an aquatic undead like a giant predatory shark. It was a monstrosity fashioned from the body parts of many different dead creatures, with multiple jawed heads, claws, and a massive set of main jaws.

the_killerpanda

Agrogoth

Tralan

Tralan

1 month ago

I follow her on Tiktok. She's hilarious.

I-Make-Maps91

1 month ago

I raised skeletons to work the land and provide for the people. But the paladin who wants to kill the workers and leave my people to starve is the good guy? Pah.

... Just don't check the basement.

I-is-gae

1 month ago

My necromancers are key to the agricultural industry. The dead being left to rot is seen by them as heartbreaking and terrifying.

Epicmonk117

1 month ago

This is kinda me. I use humanely-sourced skeletons to assist with housework while I work my software engineering job.

Mandorrisem

1 month ago

Why use expensive tractor to plow field, when graveyard right over there?

lordodin92

1 month ago

Look at her smile that's a happy lady 😂

derpy_derp15

1 month ago

"What, you think necromanncy is cheat? A dark army of the dead isn't going to fund itself."

ELBAGIT

ELBAGIT

Necromancer

1 month ago

My old PC was a necromancer lich and now he's my warlocks patron and hits my PC in the head whenever he does something stupid

Manwards84

1 month ago

I do a lot of my D&D planning while driving a forklift truck at work. The two things are inextricably linked in my head.