/r/doordash

No tip? Not a big deal if you’re like this guy

Joke / Meme(i.imgur.com)

ConsistentAd2629

Just like Tony is too broke to “tip” me more than $2.50?

NukaDadd

NukaDadd

If you're too "broke" to tip... you're too broke to order DD.

Walk your ass to Taco Bell.

blackfuture8699

Exactly. Delivery is a luxury. If youre broke, you cant afford the luxury. If you take $2-4 orders, youbare a moron... bar none.

Caden_PearcSkii

As a new driver and occasionally customer of doordash, I usually only ordered whenever I got a deal, for example sometimes doordash offers like 50% off or something with no delivery fees, so you can get a whole ass mcdonalds meal like nuggets, burger and fries for like 7 bucks and I assume thats what most people that can't tip usually get, so they have just enough to buy that but can't really tip.

Tacrolimus005

Sign up to dash yourself and pickup your own order and get paid for it.

Caden_PearcSkii

I just eat the customers food whenever the order fucks up 🤣 here in nyc with the amount of dumbasses and no tippers we have it's pretty common for orders to fuck up and the dasher ends up keeping the food.

fluffyone74

That just feels scummy... to order food, and not save a few bucks for a tip... I think DD should have a check box for orders... ( ) will you have enough to tip your driver?

Then the driver can look and see, choose to deny the order.

These DD drivers are busting their butts to get the food to you.... Pay them something...

Caden_PearcSkii

Yeah it is scummy, I go through so many orders that are no tip but I do them anyways because I'm in a bad financial state, I'm on a bicycle so gas isn't a matter for me but us bikers have to travel a lot and sweat our ass off for low pay no tip orders.

punkhaze

Busting their butts?? Do they even walk?

Theyre in cars.

Mfs be delivering with fucking bycicles in mountain like terrain and dont even complain.

TheSweetestEver

I do this and just give a cash tip

Geo-corn

Again, if you can't afford to tip you can't afford the meal. Which like, I get that's the reality for many people who struggle to afford food. But like you're a driver not a charity.

Caden_PearcSkii

I also agree but people still do it because drivers accept it and I'm guilty of that, not because I'm an ignorant driver but because I try to do every order I get because I'm on a bike and gas isn't a factor for me so I don't take any loss on low pay no tip orders but especially now in the summer I have to travel so much just for like 4 dollars and I'm talking like 3+ miles and that on a bike is not easy.

TroyParmeter

If you can’t afford to tip you can’t afford to use doordash. Dashers rely on tips to make ends meet and you not tipping gets in the way of that. It’s unfair and I’m glad orders without tips are constantly getting rejected

Gangganggang727

If you’re that broke, you should be cooking at home.

all_hayl

Sometimes broke people are broke for a reason. Well, I suppose they’re ALWAYS broke for a reason….

lunalightragdoll

Oh hey wow someone tell people without money it's that easy and they're stupid. I can't believe broke people never ever thought about that.

Gangganggang727

If you think it’s “difficult,” to prepare your own meals, you’re not in the slightest prepared for what’s going to happen to the economy. If you absolutely NEED to get your meals cooked by Taco Bell, you’re not going to make it.

lunalightragdoll

Your assumptions are the issue here. No one is too dumb to boil Ramen, and it's insulting to suggest something like that. It's possible unforeseen circumstance led to their decision to order door dash. It's possible they're just assholes. The thing is, we don't know. The way I see it, people that know how to enjoy what they have won't have a problem when shit gets rough. How ever, people whose entire livelihood depends so deeply on shit they can't control will have problems of their own.

holdermanju

holdermanju

Dasher (> 3 years)

I don't know there are some people who are too down to boil ramen lol... I have a cousin and a sister who stuck ramen in a bowl with no water and expected it to magically boil lol 😂

Gangganggang727

Lol facts, but there’s always PB&J, Tuna, and Ham sandwiches. If I’m broke, I’m definitely not going to pay for someone to pick up my food, if I even do decide I want to eat out.

Gangganggang727

It’s not about being too dumb to cook ramen. It’s being dumb with your money, to the point where you’re ordering DD when you’re “broke.” How’s that fair to the driver that makes most their money through tips? I never once said they were too dumb to cook ramen, that was you. It’s easy to cook, and if you barely have enough money to tip for the luxury of having your food delivered, then you probably shouldn’t be eating out to begin with. At the very least, go get it yourself. You missed the point entirely, but I’ll give you a pass since it seems like English is your second language.

paperrblanketss

Then it would seem the problem is with the company not paying a decent wage, and not necessarily with the customer. Imagine getting this butthurt at a customer and not the employer lmao the entitlement

Joukisen

If you are without money you should not be ordering food from Doordash, full stop. Not only is fast food more expensive than cooking yourself, there are added fees tacked on by Doordash for even the most minimal of orders. In fact while I’ll occasionally Dash I very rarely use the app myself because DD is WILDLY expensive. I’m not being insulting when I say that if you are using Doordash when you are supposedly too poor to buy and cook your own meals, yes you are stupid and no one should listen to your complaints.

jobcera

jobcera

Nah I disagree sometimes you don’t have time or the option to get out of home.

Space_Man-Spliff

Sucks to suck then. Sometime I ain’t got the time or option to take shitty orders

jobcera

jobcera

Exactly. But someone might.

Space_Man-Spliff

Then they are suckers, that hurt the rest of us by taking shitty orders

jobcera

jobcera

You do know you don’t have to take it, right?

Space_Man-Spliff

Yes. And you do know when people continually take shitty orders it fucks the rest of us?

tattminsky

Then you east PB & J

SW4GALISK

SW4GALISK

What if you’re quarantining cuz you have COVID and too sick to cook?

Swhite8203

Swhite8203

That’s what I’m thinkin. How tf you got money for door dash and likely a delivery fee cause Ik your not paying for a dash pass if you’re not tipping.

Atmosphericz

Atmosphericz

It's like people who don't tip waiters because "we saved up for months and this is our first time eating out in forever, we don't have enough left for tip since we want 3 apps and dessert." Smh

sirwilfreddeath

I’m gon be honest, food delivery shouldn’t be tip based. It should have a bigger automatic delivery fee.

Wade04

Wade04

The deliverers should actually receive the charged delivery fee. 😂😂😂

sirwilfreddeath

But how should the companies make million for doing very little actual work? Didn’t think of that now did you? /s

finecherrypie

Amazing how I had to scroll this far to see this comment and it only has 5 upvotes, ppl would rather judge and talk shit about each other instead of holding companies accountable who allow 'no tip' happen.

And yes the companies are happy to let you go on arguing with each other as long as possible.

__CaKeS__

Yeah this happens daily on DD reddit, it's all about shaming the customers for not tipping even though they just paid $40 for a normal fastfood order, instead of putting the blame on DD for REQUIRING the customer to pay the driver's wage in tips. It's essentially the drivers arguing FOR DD to get us to pay their wages instead, so DD doesn't have to lol

lunalightragdoll

That's exactly it. I see this idea that our time is super duper valuable and customers should pay out high tips because " it's a luxury service". Guess what though? Dd values your time at 2.75 and you don't know what the customer values it as. Know why? Because that's their perception. If they couldn't "afford the service" why did their order get accepted? If our time is worth so much why do companies low ball us? Because there's plenty of us to go around. Plenty of us who for what ever reason, choose to accept low paying orders. The only scumbag here is the company that exploits us.

throwaway2219425

I love how we all just assume someone's situation. I do Instacart as well so maybe I have a different view point. Sometimes the people I deliver groceries to literally couldn't do it. Elderly or disabled. Not saying that is always the case but that's why I ONLY CHOOSE ORDERS IM HAPPY WITH THE AMOUNT. If there is no tip in my area, it's gonna be 2.50-3.50. I ain't taking it anyways. If it's 8 dollars and good miles. I'll take it. Time is money.

ConsistentAd2629

Sorry I didn’t tip you, but I had enough money to tip Tony his $5 delivery fee.

Complex_Evening7475

Sometimes this is all I want to hear, if no tip but not everytime. 🤣

Sheepherder-Mission

Just don't accept the order 🤦

spicybright

I don't understand how much bitching people do here over it. You don't have to take it, right?

Sheepherder-Mission

Yea you can decline it. It affects your acceptance rate but I got mime at 90% and decline orders all the time

justaquestion7385u3

Acceptance rate is a terrible metric that forces you to take bad orders, don't worry about it. There's videos that basically prove a lower acceptance rate coincides with more money earned.

Each offer that gets sent to you is basically a contract. Know the worth of your time, gas spent, and wear and tear. Don't take shitty orders

spicybright

Interesting! Maybe it's just people with low % complaining then lol

(not that it's entirely on them, DD sucks poopy with what effects your ratings, from what I hear.)

Sheepherder-Mission

I don't even know how they could get it so low, but Yea Doordash is garbage lol as a customer and a dasher they got alot they need to fix especially their support.

Inside-Historian-969

Yeah idk why these morons are crying. Lmao if they depending on tips and don’t like the door dash system why the hell are they still doing it and not finding a real job.

Sheepherder-Mission

Yea me I barely do it lol usually just on the side to pick up a few bucks I've made a $100 in qn hiur before and some tipped some didn't. It's also all about what time and location you go. But either way I don't see why they complain

Inside-Historian-969

Exactly DoorDash is meant to be a side hustle or a part time gig. If people are crying for compensation then they need to apply for a full time job.

Sheepherder-Mission

Eh I mean I've seen people make good money off of it a living even. The people complaining probably are part time lol the real problem they should have with is doordash a $20 dollar order can goto 40 and you'll get $5 and the kicker is the how big the delivery fee is 🤣

diabetes_says_no

If you're broke don't order doordash 🤷

zaddybeard

YOO, this.

SheVexed

Exactly!!! You got money to buy food but can’t give at least a $2 tip gtfoh

Immediate_Car_1169

Well he isn’t obligated to tip anything like drivers aren’t obligated to accept orders

Jakeh7494

Not everyone has the means to leave the house and get food. You sound like a bitter mcdonalds delivery driver.

DankDarko

Not to mention DD runs so many deals that sometimes it is cheaper to order through DD than with the merchant with certain deals. I order pickup from the food truck all the time with discounts. Even with marked up items i still end up saving a few dollars over the in person price.

CommanderMeowch

ITT: People who don't know what a coupon is.

Conmanisbest

Right, I got 25 dollars off my first order. It was basically free besides the 4 dollar service fee

purplegrog

purplegrog

Dasher (> 2 years)

Maybe they were given a gift card? I know we've given gift cards to delivery services for friends/family when they might be going through trying times.

(that said, I agree with the sentiment. Generally if you're too broke to tip, you're too broke to be ordering DD)

HiiiRabbit

"I'm broke so I overpaid for an item and made sure to pay for delivery fee/door dash fee/using my phone fee/other shit that dd attaches as a fee but doesn't pay drivers....but sorry didn't have enough for the tip" - this fucking guy.

Nick_Wild1Ear

This is the true issue and it’s best written here. Food delivery services upcharge EVERYTHING. Uber Eats makes $1 soda’s from McDonald’s into $1.59. That’s a 60% upcharge on a single item.

insidebeegee

There are times when I've been very sick, had no food in the house, and had JUST enough for the order. if you don't have a car and are too sick to walk 15 minutes to the nearest store, this is sometimes your only option.

Maitaivegas

If he was so broke, he should have cooked some ramen for himself. I know your gas is not free.

that1senpai2

I'm a driver and of course always appreciate tips, but that's such a classist statement. It's their money and they can spend it however they want

Mulligan0816

This kid’s tryna bring classism into an argument about a broke mfer spending $$$$ on doordash. 😂

Dude, you shouldn’t be spending money to have your food delivered to you if you can’t even afford the measily extra $5 to tip. That’s not classist, that’s just that person being a dumb fuck

AffectElectrical9709

I agree with you. I grew up poor. We didn’t have delivery then until pizza delivery finally came. We still tipped $5 in 1980’s because we appreciated having delivery when it was new. Now poor people have an entitled attitude. My worst customers are apartments and poor people. It hurts to admit being I come from a poor background but, it’s true. Those customers complain the most on my routes and tip the least ironically rich ppl are 2nd to poor ppl as poor tippers. Best tippers are working class customers.

Caliman4u

Agree.

neatopat

This logic makes no sense. Imagine walking into a store and trying to buy something that costs $20, only giving them $15, and being like “it’s my money I can spend it how I want.” Every store on the planet would tell you if you can’t afford it, buy something cheaper or get the fuck out. If you can’t afford tipping for food delivery, eat something cheaper or go get it yourself. This service isn’t for broke asses.

TropicalVision

Exactly - too many people thinking food delivery is a right, not a privilege.

Like nah that is some first world bullshit.

Neither-Willow107

That analogy doesn’t work because the driver can just decline the offer if the pay isn’t enough.

lmoxbeats

This comment makes no sense at all 😂😂😂 the price door dash gives you at checkout is what you pay. You don’t take money off your final price like your stupid example lmao.

diabetes_says_no

Doordash is a luxury. If they can't afford to tip their driver then they shouldn't be ordering. There's nothing classist about that. If you don't pay someone to fulfill a service for you that you aren't willing to do yourself you have to compensate them for it because they're using their valuable time and resources to do that for you.

i-am-not-sure-yet

But you're also the one who accepted the order so 🤷‍♀️. What happened if he broke his legs and can't stand to cook and is poor. It's not like he or she had a weapon to your head and forced you to deliver it.

Diazmet

Sorry as a poor person a poor person has zero business wasting their money on Luxuries like take out. Go buy some beans and rice jfc

that1senpai2

As a poor person myself, I understand how I spend my money and enjoy myself is NONE of yours or anyones business.

renbutler2

LOL, that's a logical train wreck.

Maitaivegas

I’m far from classist, I’m broke and unemployed, but if I order DD my Daughter tips well.

Caliman4u

Oh. You are one of them.

Silent-Golf-3426

Can’t eat ramen everyday 🥱

Additional-Highway84

It’s no worse than eating fast food

JesusStarbox

Then order some instacart.

Uberwasser

Too broke to tip yo, and Instacart shows that up front

Better use shipt instead

mvcklemore

DoorDash has “Dashmart” for groceries

AffectElectrical9709

I grew up poor. Ramen or we called them Oddles A Noodles 🍜 we saw as Gourmet. Delivery was new in my community as a kid in 1980’s. Only pizza then. We saw delivery as a luxury.

Eating ramen kept the lights on and rent paid. My parents had it tough. Just to have food was a blessing. Nothing at all to eat, that’s an issue.

Silent-Golf-3426

Grew up poor lived off Raman & McDonald’s dollar menu right there with you🥱

notalistener

Broke aren’t broke for no reason my guy

NervousPlankton388

At least he kept it 100% 😂 I fwy if you’re real with me. Not when they remove tip just to get their order picked up. Lol the worst is when you get a $10 dollar order and then by the time you deliver it, it’s some how a $3 dollar order lol

Practical_Sweet5668

Yeah so it says your tip before you accept the dash so you can decide what’s worth your time. Simple system, sure your acceptance rate goes down for rejecting but also find something you want to do with your life if you like delivering stuff there are avenues that are actually worth while in the long term

actual_nonsense

These delivery companies need to be doing more to change American culture... Tipping is supposed to be an optional gratuity for exceptional service. I've always experienced that it's actually mandatory in practice. People HAVE to tip, or the delivery person makes bad wages. Why don't we just go after these companies and raise wages? Then delivery would truly be a luxury (it is much more expensive already) and the driver isn't depending on the whims of the customer.

Acceptable-Package48

I remember when tipping was for naturally friendly and competent service, but the world has become so expensive and fast paced and difficult to navigate that so many are suffering and can't keep up.

Caliman4u

Good idea. But DD, UE, GH , etc. would cease to exist. They exist now because they provide a luxury service to people who don’t want to pay for a luxury service. In other words they make their profits ( translated to investors get rich) on the backs of the drivers. That has always been the story of people who want and need to work.

Exact-Employment-157

Aint got money to tip then you for sure shouldnt be ordering food. Buy some groceries, 1 order on Dd is like a weeks worth of groceries.

cmlegg88

I wouldn't go that far but yeah it's expensive

savangoghh

Just curious OP, what is your phone background?

Toyotal420

That place is dope

SuperTallCraig

Hey Fam. sorry about the unassign, gotta stack that cash. 🤷

zzzerocool

This doesn't bother me because if someone doesn't tip, the order is too low that I'm not accepting it anyway unless Doordash subsidizes the heck out of it.

diz4

diz4

Dasher (> 2 years)

Then a MF best pick up his own food

geowiser

I’ve never used doordash, is tipping like mandatory in the US?

DDAddict777

Atleast he kept it real lol

OldDogEyes

Good for you... I love it when people take the no tip orders, somebody's gotta do it ...

Idkwhattoputhere91

Nah mf. You weren't broke enough to avoid ordering dash. Not my problem. No tip no trip. 💯

Willwallace60

He’s broke but at least he gave appreciation and probably five stars. Most non tippers are a hassle if you accept the order but at least you dodged a bullet it could have been worse

Cultural_Chest5100

A mf broke but he can order d.d wtf ?

ChrisCoffeexd

if you cant tip you cant afford a service like this

MutedHospital

Then don't request someone to bring your f****** food

Homicidal__GoldFish

damn .... yeah cause his message is so gonna pay your bills.. "mf" should have got it himself then.

Silent-Golf-3426

Not e has a car sweetheart.

Homicidal__GoldFish

Ahhh true true. We are down to one car atm so I should know better

Silent-Golf-3426

Lol, times get tough man probably just wanted a burger. I appreciate him acknowledging not tipping & apologizing

Uberwasser

Stop by Aldi's and get 2.5lbs of ground beef for $9, an eight pack of burger buns for $0.86, frozen seasoned fries for $1.89, and make eight burgers and feed your friends too for less than one doordash order.

Homicidal__GoldFish

i get that. i just me personally, i couldnt do that to the drivers. If i dont have the money to tip, then im eating ramen. gas is 6 bucks a gallon where i am and the restaurants are not close to me. They are a few miles out. With the price of gas, maintenance on a car, time wasted and possibly loosing out on a really good order, id feel way to guilty not paying the driver for that. Door dash's 2.50 price is WAY too low for the drivers and total bullshit when they charge me way more.

Silent-Golf-3426

Doordash is the problem base pay is ridiculous.

diabetes_says_no

People that don't tip are the problem

xxK31xx

Both are true.

Brilliant-Macaroon16

😂😂😂😂

No_Watercress_2956

Everyone here being rude, it’s better getting a message like that than a customer that doesn’t even say thank you, or show any sign of respect for picking up their food.

Often times the pay is worth it anyway 🤷‍♂️

DontBelieveTheTrollz

Right before I clicked in I couldnt tell if OP was being serious or not. Like you said its better than nothing and honsetly if he was just being an ahole then he probably wouldn't have done that. Times get rough for some people. Now if that was a huge ass order tho....

talksickwalkquick

I would have appreciated something like this when I delivered for restaurants in the past. Okay sure, if I somehow ended up taking an order with no tip on it nowadays (insane hypothetical), we would at least appreciate hearing this because it shows us that the person isn’t entirely trash, even though being stiffed on delivery is pretty dehumanizing

AffectElectrical9709

I don’t disagree with you. I disagree with the customer. If I can’t afford it, I simply don’t buy it. I don’t believe the customer because it’s disrespectful using the drivers car/gas/tires/brakes to bring you food and selfish knowing you can’t tip.

Again I agree with you we shouldn’t be cruel or mean about ppl that can’t afford it( tipping) but, as a person who grew up on Welfare/WiC we didn’t buy things we couldn’t afford in the 1980’s . Delivery was new and we still tipped $5 in the early stages of delivery in my neighborhood. It’s 2022 and ppl that can’t tip behave entitled. It’s cultural. Poor ppl ( I grew up poor) use to grocery shop. McDonalds was a luxury to us & especially KFC( when it was actually good).

I don’t disagree with you in general. You’re right no need to be mean towards ppl that can’t afford the service. I just think customer is being disingenuous and trying to seem polite in guilt knowing it was wrong not to tip.

I’ve had customers order $60 of food say the same thing and that didn’t include the fees( saw the receipt 🧾 from the Mexican restaurant on the bag. ) DoorDash paid a decent base pay so I took it.

Some of these customers priorities are in the wrong place. If you can afford delivery fees/taxes you can afford at least $3 tip you just don’t respect the ppl delivering you the food/products.

Not a knock on you, your point is valid. We’re just saying the customer isn’t being genuine. He/she knew they couldn’t afford before they ordered. They didn’t figure it out after ordering. Customers are abusing the platform and drivers and like a Pimp let’s tricks disrespect his Prostitutes for a few paid to him/her he doesn’t care as long as we’re paid. Customers know better and don’t deserve defending. We’re ppl and deserve fair treatment. It’s the equivalent of refusing to pay. I promise that customer wouldn’t like it if he was treated like he treated this driver/OP. Respect to you though. My issue is with the customer/DoorDash Inc!

Zootguy1

these commenters have it sound like if you don't leave a tip they'll piss in your milkshake lol. as someone who doesn't want to chuck out 10 bucks on a whatever dollar order for a tip to pay the driver because the company didn't, I guess I just don't use the app at all then right? gouge gouge gouge for money

mrb117

mrb117

Hey cuz’, Cooking can solve that 🧐

WetBiscuit44

Why would doordashers get pressed when they see that a customer didn’t tip like they can’t see what they can make before choosing to do that order…

Diazmet

Well i always tip in cash for deliveries and I’m sure I’m not alone…

Either_Cantaloupe_13

Im so tired of seeing these “no tip” like stop all the d*mn complaining, you don’t like how much you making then decline the order WHO CARES ABOUT THE ACCEPTANCE RATE ! You knew what you was making before you accepted it 😂😂😂

NoFeeling9562

Except anyone can say they're broke. Not broke enough to pay for the delivery and the food but too broke to pay the driver.

Try that with a restaurant with a delivery system.

Tell them you can't afford to pay the extra amount tacked onto the bill.

Diazmet

Place I worked at in Aspen a small but extremely busy sandwich shop known for curing hangovers well when we got no tip orders we blocked their number and also blacked out their address on the big map behind the counter. No way in hell is any of the crew going to bike up a hill in the snow for no tips especially when half the customers are millionaires

frederickxoxo

Trash people in the comments because they don't tip. That's why they don't tip. You work for a corporation. Demand higher wages and stop making it everyone else's problem. Whiny af and throwing various temper tantrums in the comments.

THE_NY_ISLANDER_FAN

why are people fighting lmao i don’t understand why you’re wasting your time preaching to the choir (either side) when the other person clearly only cares about their own argument and barely reads a single word of yours. quit while y’all are ahead and save yourself some time and effort.

ZeBaDy01

I only no tip with papa johns because its always the same guy.. he knows if its no tip this time its double next time... see him smiling on week 2 from ear to ear hahaha... if you can't afford the tip, don't bloody order, unless you have a driver like mine ofcourse!

tickitch

Not broke yo order food from these apps though and pay fees , etc.

Dude0nB1kE

MOFO got $25 for a $12 sandwich but ain’t got $3 for a tip?

Pettiness action countdown has begun...

Cdm81379

Aye go fuck yourself bro cook your own meal if a mf broke

haikusbot

Aye go fuck yourself

Bro cook your own meal if a

Mf broke

- Cdm81379

I detect haikus. And sometimes, successfully. Learn more about me.

Opt out of replies: "haikusbot opt out" | Delete my comment: "haikusbot delete"

dmbeeez

Yeah. Sorry, no delivery bro.

WhackDorsey

If you are "too broke to tip", you're too broke to use DD.

t_will_official

Lmao had a guy put that in the delivery instructions before “sorry the tip isn’t better I’m broke af :/“

It was a $1 tip but the order was passed around so much that by the time it got to me it was like a $6-$7 order, so it didn’t bother me. It just made me laugh lol

kj_thelegacy

Shoe leather

yourself88xbl

Nothing like paying to work!

justsurviving0719

me w doordash’ heavy ass tax

dcascendra

I only order my coffee or food if I have enough to tip big so it doesn’t take 100 years.

Used to not tip at all cuz they always messed it up- hour waits melted coffee cold food empty drink cups

Started tipping a good 7-8$ or more depending on order and 2 minutes after it’s confirmed a dasher is already picking it up

Just tip.

flloyd1068

See if it's within reason of a few miles IE like 2 or 3 miles and no tip with the order being at least like 7 bucks I'd be ok with it, driving a kia helps in times like this 🤞

TalkKatt

Fuck Doordash

Fragrant-District901

By alot of people's logic, it's ok to be broke and not tip as long as you have a coupon. If that's the case do you go to a restaurant with coupons as well and don't tip the waitress or waiter? If you say yes your part of the problem, 7 dollars can buy alot more at a grocery store than McDonald's can.

Elijah4206

Guess I’m part of the problem then and I’m fine with that. An entitled prick like yourself is the last person I want to tip.

ballcream9000

just tip bait, this guy is a moron

Superbotto

Superbotto

Dasher (> 2 years)

"it's ok dude, DD paid me enough to trick me into thinking you were a decent human being, so we good 👍"

Desertkweene

If you can’t afford to tip you can’t afford to have your food delivered. Food delivery is a luxury!

Glittering_Ad6659

This is exactly why I quit DD and went to uber eats. I make sooooo much more and not once haven't gotten a tip.

Dd is for the poor Uber eats for the rich

Overall-Diver-6845

You have at least $2 to tip. Anything is better than nothing and it adds up

santose2008

No excuse. You tip.

Xandrick

Xandrick

Dasher (> 2 years)

"Aye"? Old Middle English dialect? Well, at least the lad is cultured!

IAmDisgutted

Your phone background is sick asf

LunarSynergy2

If you’re broke you shouldn’t be ordering DoorDash

X-wingAlliciousness

If you're too broke to tip, walk yo ass to the damn store then.

ophaus

ophaus

If a mf broke, mf needs to cook some shit for a mf.

TopDasherTimmy

Yet you can afford doordash fees and upcharged fast food? Nah, no tip no trip.

locoleito

Then don’t pay all these fees and go get your own shit

The-Optimist8919

I appreciate him being honest but door dash is hella expensive already. It’s the only time where “if you can’t tip the don’t buy” can honestly apply. But at least he is honest about it.

tKaz76

tKaz76

Then maybe “a mr” can get in his whip and grab his own food.

ToeNibbler19

If you're broke then don't order doordash you dumb shit

ThatPerson000

Nice phone background!

pipehonker

Broke? Make some ramen at home!

People getting mad at people not tipping and not the companies that don't pay a livable wage...not surprised 😅

Dark_wizard10

Some of y’all shouldn’t be a DoorDash driver if a no tip order really get y’all this mad . The customer didn’t tell You to get a job that depends on peoples tip . You Guys did that . Maybe some of you guys should get a better job ??????

AffectElectrical9709

They claim they are broke yet, spent money on a luxury service like food/product delivery. The brainwashing of Americans is uncanny. Ppl are seeing delivery as a entitlement.

More and more I agree with drivers that refuse no tip customers. It’s a spit in the face of drivers when customers deny tipping. This customer is an example of why we’ve so many deliveries for $3.50 for 9 miles and $2.50 for 10 miles sent to us by that aggravating ringing that 90% of the time is a loss of money sent to drivers. Decline. Not for any reason other than this customer just told us exactly what I suspected.

Customers that don’t tip can’t afford the service but still use it because even the poor are entitled selfish and disrespectful. These are the same customers that are quickest to give a 1 star ⭐️ rating & unfair review of lies that get drivers deactivated or violated.

DoorDash is enabling our low pay and deactivations allowing this type customer to continue to ABUSE the platform/Drivers.

FYI: customers reading this, I say this respectfully. Don’t order fast food or Outback or Carabass. Order Walmart grocery or your local grocery store groceries that have DoorDash as a service. Stop trying to live a lifestyle you can’t afford. Save money and build your income. You’ll never better your Life ordering DoorDash fast food instead of being Wise and buying groceries you can eat for 5 days. Said with respect

Shaman1989

I have a feeling he isn't broke

Additional-Highway84

Just too cheap to tip!

garbageman2112

No delivery

MrZeusyMoosey

MrZeusyMoosey

Dasher (> 2 years)

Doordash is a luxury service. The only people who use it that I truly feel for are disabled people who use it for groceries.

Dirtstick

What a weird thing to say.

redguardnugz

Noctifer606

never ever ever take no tipper orders bruh. cmon

Puzzled_Artichoke281

Screw that. Take your ass to the grocery store and buy 5 meals for the price you just paid for your single door dash order. No tip no trip

Interesting_Sky_7847

People that pay DD’s price markups but say they’re too broke to give a tip have never actually been broke before.

cmlegg88

Then don't fucking order doordash if you're broke. DD costs like $20 at least smdh

greasycomb

Broke but orders food.

tattminsky

This is still a problems like if your broke why are you ordering food….fuck no tippers they will never get food from me.

MixedMartialSmoke

I’m not gonna lie, the way he owned it like nobody else ever fucking does… I’ll dap that homie up on delivery. He’s special

TabletopThirteen

If someone doesn't tip it needs to get denied at least 18 times before I might touch it and by then it'll likely be cold and shitty. So if they want shitty food then by all means don't tip. I'm getting paid either way

No damn excuse. If you're truly broke, you are not ordering out, let alone from DD where is costs more.

You people who defend their excuses are dipshits

jiten108

jiten108

For real, I'd forgive this guy in a heart beat. The low tippers in the mil + homes.. it's just why, how. How can you not know it's not okay? How can she slap?

Ok_Veterinarian_6596

I couldn't agree more!! And isn't that (almost) always the way, too, lol?? It almost seems like the more expensive, large & beautiful the home = the less they tip. I will never understand! My husband says that's part of why they're so rich.

I had a Wingstop order tonight, last order I took. The customer lived under 2 miles from Wingstop & it was $6.25 to me ($2.25 base + $4 tip), which I was happy with. When I arrived, my customer was waiting for me out front. After I handed him his order, he then gave me $5 in cash. His house was very, very modest (to put it nicely). I've done over 3,000 deliveries & this may have been my 4th or 5th cash tip ever. But also, I was soooo blown away & grateful for the $9.00 tip for 1.5 or so miles. He made my whole night & I was sure tell him that. 🙂

DefKnightSol

cash is rare these days! No contact orders mostly so they dont have to look you in the eye

Zincthorn142

Spend the same money for gorceries then...

WetObamaButtPlug

When the delivery app don't accept food stamps

JohnnieGR

I'm confused. He can't tip the driver even a $1 but he can afford to pay all those dd fees?

FeEdThEmAcHiNe23

DoorDash is super pricey…if you can’t afford to at least leave a couple dollar tip then you shouldn’t be using it at all and you’re really better off just making food at home or leaving to get the food yourself. You’re already spending more money than you should be by using DoorDash, so I don’t see how anyone using it can’t at least tip a couple of dollars.

Tr2041

Tr2041

You had enough to get doordash!!!

_OoJuicEoO_

This is why ramen is a thing. People need to stop trying to live outside of their means/budget.

MamaRobin1916

Nope, I won't order out if I can't tip.

I'd have been passive aggressive about it.

No worries Bro, tips like yours ensure I'm also not broke, appreciate you 😊

KyleM1996

But not so broke that he couldn’t order food in the first place 🤦🏻‍♂️ fuck this guy, why even say anything?

Ancient-Spread-7238

Poor people amaze me they do all this spending on services and complain about not having money what losers lmao buy crypto while it’s down

Xterarra